• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snag

Just started playing. Seems pretty cool for a mobile game.

What characters should I be leveling? Do I need to worry about how to spend my gil, or is it easy to earn?

StMeph

I'm basically grinding up more characters that can use ranged weapons just to beat the ranged-only boss. Is there a more efficient way of XPing lower level characters?

Roto13

I'm basically grinding up more characters that can use ranged weapons just to beat the ranged-only boss. Is there a more efficient way of XPing lower level characters?

Growth Eggs are an obvious way. They'll also earn more EXP if they're the only characters in the party. Stages that cost 5 stamina to play are more efficient than those that cost 10. (You don't get twice as much EXP from 10-stamina stages.)

garath

Done grinding daily for a bit. Want to get back to doing elites. Should be a bit easier after the event power spike. My cloud is 31 now

Anyone hit a wall on Elite dungeons? I can't beat Antlion or Sinspawn Echuilles. I might have a chance with Wing Raptor if I can get more gears from V for synergy... My party is around 32-33, very decent gears and abilities too...

I was able to Master the 2 from VII, the first two from IV and the first two from X. Now I can't even bronze any.

Anyone hit a wall on Elite dungeons? I can't beat Antlion or Sinspawn Echuilles. I might have a chance with Wing Raptor if I can get more gears from V for synergy... My party is around 32-33, very decent gears and abilities too...

I was able to Master the 2 from VII, the first two from IV and the first two from X. Now I can't even bronze any.
I think most Elite Dungeons are doable now, but it's probably better to wait until we have access to more content.

GAMERG0D

What is the level required to beat hard daily?
Mid-late twenties definitely. Having VII armor helps immensely too, the enemies hit pretty hard. If you have Cloud, Tifa, and Sepiroth it'll be easier because of synergy. I upgraded the Kazekiri katana that Sepiroth can use and it helps too.

Is the item drop from enemies locked once the battle starts, or when you defeat the enemy? I see some people saying you should flee the battle if you don't get the item/orb drop from the boss, but could you also pause and completely exit out of game and restart the battle too? That way you wouldn't lose any stamina. (But if the item is set from the beginning of the fight, then it wouldn't work.)

Althane

I just picked up the Light Staff from the FFIV elite dungeon. Rydia is rockin' now, so we'll see if I can take on the second flying boss. I want to Hone Thundara, but Lesser Lightning Orbs are really rare.

Eh, I'm not going to worry about it. I have until the 12th to beat it, and I figure I'm pretty prepared for the final fight.

Roto13

Is the item drop from enemies locked once the battle starts, or when you defeat the enemy? I see some people saying you should flee the battle if you don't get the item/orb drop from the boss, but could you also pause and completely exit out of game and restart the battle too? That way you wouldn't lose any stamina. (But if the item is set from the beginning of the fight, then it wouldn't work.)

You still lose stamina when you do it that way, but it resets your party to the state they were in before you started the battle.

Ashodin

FINAL WHIP GET

250px-After_Rydia.png

WE WHIP NOW

elty

Is there anything that I should farm in the Sephy event? I heard protect vest drop from a boss - anyone know which floor? Probably will get another 3 so I can have a second 4*.

Also, which boss drop minor/lessor summon orb?

Althane

Is there anything that I should farm in the Sephy event? I heard protect vest drop from a boss - anyone know which floor? Probably will get another 3 so I can have a second 4*.

Protect Vest is a first time reward for beating floors 51-55, floors 21-25, and floors 6-10.

You still lose stamina when you do it that way, but it resets your party to the state they were in before you started the battle.
I mean if you just resume the battle. Not if you go back to the dungeon menu.

I don't think you lose stamina that way.

Edit: Just tested it, you don't lose stamina. It's the "battle interrupted" message I'm talking about.

I was just thinking that I don't think I've seen one boss drop in the event dungeon, not even orbs maybe.

What's the best way to get gil. I'm still fairly early, highest character is like level 17 and I'm only far enough in story missions to where I just unlocked the Ranger. Gil seems to be pretty hard to come by, but it costs a ton to combine weapons and armor so I've got like 3 things waiting to be combined by almost at 0 gil after the upgrades.

Negator

What's the best way to get gil. I'm still fairly early, highest character is like level 17 and I'm only far enough in story missions to where I just unlocked the Ranger. Gil seems to be pretty hard to come by, but it costs a ton to combine weapons and armor so I've got like 3 things waiting to be combined by almost at 0 gil after the upgrades.

The best way to get Gil is honestly to wait until tomorrow for the Gil daily event.

What whips are you guys talking about and where can I get it? 0_0

There's a Whip that drops from the last boss of Fabul Castle for Rydia. I didn't feel the need to get one because I already have the Light Staff and Gravity Rod but some people like the auto attack damage.

Kitoro

So what are the best characters to bring to the ranged bosses? Waka and Ranger? Anyone else recommended?

Which floors are they on?

Thanks!

Tomorrow's daily is gil

What whips are you guys talking about and where can I get it? 0_0

The FFIV Whip. Kain drops it in Fabul Castle normal

johnsmith

remember me

There's a gil daily dungeon on Wednesdays and Saturday.

Althane

What's the max stamina accessible in the game right now? I'm sitting at 41 with 2 elite dungeons cleared, so I figured it probably caps around 45-50 right now?

JNA

Banned
Ohhhh. Yeah I do have one whip actually.

But I also have the Light Rod so I don't think the Whip is really needed here.

elty

Sunday gil dungeon.

Wednesday and saturday are gil days. Sunday EXP.

Ashodin

Three Mythril Armors from the hard dungeon already

Paladin_Male.png

You could say

The mythril

is not myth, but real

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm just going by tales of people getting all the Mythril in the current game, I haven't gone into one myself.

Wow if it's true... I can't imagine it being doable without spending money.

What's the max stamina accessible in the game right now? I'm sitting at 41 with 2 elite dungeons cleared, so I figured it probably caps around 45-50 right now?

I calculated 49 and 3/5 to 50. Some of the FFVI Elite are giving 2 for completion and 1 for mastering.

Xetherion

So what are the best characters to bring to the ranged bosses? Waka and Ranger? Anyone else recommended?

Which floors are they on?

Thanks!

Ranger is too weak in stats, don't bother with him. Yes, bring Wakka. Most important character is Rydia with Thundara and Thunder, honed as much as possible. Tyro can also use ranged weapons so bring him as well, I used him as a healer with Cura and Protect (put Protect on Rydia asap). Other than that, Kain's break, Double Jump, is ranged, and so is the ability Jump if you have it. I used Tidus in my 5th spot to cast Boost on Kain and Wakka.

The ranged bosses are on floors 60 and 65.

I've been trying some of the Abilities but they all suck, most don't even do more damage than the regular attack. Is this just because of one star abilities? Should I not waste my time with one star abilities?

I've been trying some of the Abilities but they all suck, most don't even do more damage than the regular attack. Is this just because of one star abilities? Should I not waste my time with one star abilities?
I haven't experimented with many myself but I think they are for exploiting elemental weakness and applying status effects more than anything.

Xetherion

Which abilities? If you're talking about physical ones, most of the 1 star abilities only have 1.1x dmg multiplier, but they have extra effects that are situationally useful. Later physical abilities have 1.5x or higher dmg multiplier. Also Body Slam has 1.5x dmg, but also damages the user.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

For now stick to the following:

xxxara 2* elemental abilities
xxxaja 3* elemental abilities
Double cut
Jump
Dark attack
elemental strike (2* spellsword abilities)
Cura
Curaga

Those are pretty much the ones that will help you progress.

Meier

Tomorrow's daily is gil

The FFIV Whip. Kain drops it in Fabul Castle normal

I just went through and didn't get it (although I do have one from before apparently). What is the drop rate? I need another bow or whip or something so I can have enough ranged weapons to try and go beat that Shinra boss again.

Any suggestions for places to find bows would also be appreciated.

Ashodin

I just went through and didn't get it (although I do have one from before apparently). What is the drop rate? I need another bow or whip or something so I can have enough ranged weapons to try and go beat that Shinra boss again.

Drop rate is like 1/15? Something like that.

Meier

Woof, that's no fun. I'm back in EQ or something!

If anyone knows of an enemy that drops a bow with any more consistency, that'd work also.

johnsmith

remember me

Figaro Castle drops bows like they're going out of style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom