• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad that got fixed so quickly!

Synergy is so odd. I now have a 4+ nodachi katana X that is normally 68 attack but with synergy is 139. Which is the same as the 3++ fencing saber which is normally 52 attack. What a disappointment. Why are hey 16 Otis different not in realm but the same in realm, makes no sense.

Got Tidus and Wakka to level 65. Garnet and Vivi are both at 55.

I'm gonna miss this event.

Oh yeah, you got up there. I've pulled my X duo one battle from leveling to 65, haven't done the tidus ex yet. The ix duo are only 52 for me and will probably get to 53.5 or so. I do have a decent supply of greater and major orbs left that I'm holding onto for new characters, 17 greaters and 4 majors. I've burned a ton of mythril going grinding this one out and everyone is at or near their cap other than fighter knight and red Mage, all at 35 and all riding the pine for the foreseeable future.ive had piss poor luck at draws, my last two 11s one paid, one mythril have been near busts other than developing depth for already decent synergy realms, so this is the best way to mitigate the ring, grind it out.

I think the worst part for me is my wakka's best weapon in any realm is the viii mesmerize blade, very underwhelming and usually I just roll with him in back with the killer bow. Even at level 64, doesn't pack the punch that either an x synergy would or his relic weapon.

Vorpal

Used FoG to bring my full roster up to 65/50. I didn't realize how uncomfortable it would feel to see EXP go nowhere after every battle.

Razmos

are we still getting the 10 days worth of login items if the event ends tonight?
Yes, they are 2 different events.

..why would they add a 10 day login event and have it last only 4 days? come on now.

Anyway, I have 3 million gil now, have pretty much all my equips upgraded, got all the characters I wanted to level 50, and got Garnet and Vivi to level 40.
I think Festival of Gold might be the best event I've seen in any game ever. Part of me never wants it to go away, but another part of me does so that I can actually do something else, lol.

They didn't even add Vivi's profile to the character page. I bet this was a last minute change since he's usually part of the regular dungeon update.

TheGatsby

Used FoG to bring my full roster up to 65/50. I didn't realize how uncomfortable it would feel to see EXP go nowhere after every battle.

It'll be worth it if the new dungeons come out in a week and a ton of record materia come out. Besides, were you actually going to put a lv.49 Ranger into your party for anything else

Noi

im so tempted to use growth eggs on the bard to get him to 50. such a worthless character. Once he's at 50, I'll be at full 50's except for Warrior and Knight, which will remain in the boonies until something pops up for them (lol). Really want to save the eggs for the future dungeon characters though.

B.K.

im so tempted to use growth eggs on the bard to get him to 50. such a worthless character.

I've got BRD and RNG in my party right now. If I can get them close to 40, I'll probably Growth Egg them the rest of the way to 50. I've never used any Growth Eggs before, so I have plenty. I've got hundreds of the one and two star eggs and dozens of the three and four star ones.

rybrad

I've got BRD and RNG in my party right now. If I can get them close to 40, I'll probably Growth Egg them the rest of the way to 50. I've never used any Growth Eggs before, so I have plenty. I've got hundreds of the one and two star eggs and dozens of the three and four star ones.
I am using BRD, RNG and Gordon right now and I might end up doing the same. I really should have planned this better.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm saving a bunch of eggs so that Squall is 65 the moment I get him.

Also dayummmmm at people who have all characters at 50. I have maybe half of them there and the rest in the 30's or 20's.

Nohar

I'm really tempted to spend a lot of mythril to level up Garnet and Vivi to 50... Damn, Festival of Gold, I will miss thee.

So, quick overview of these 2 new characters:
  • Garnet: Like Vanille, she has fantastic stats in both Magic (119) and Mind (112) (Vanille has 106 and 116). However, her Magic stat is only useful if you use summons (she has 5* Summon). Both have access to 4* White Magic, making them great healers. Her SB increases your whole party's attack by 20% (which is slightly less powerful than Boost, but it does affect the whole party after all). For a healer, she is slightly more sturdy than the others, thanks to her 3015 HP score and 55 Defense (and she has access to her memory crystal after all). Finally, she has some versatility, thanks to her 2* Support skill, though you may never equip her with such abilities.
  • Vivi: The black mage par excellence. He is the best black magic caster you can unlock at this point, with 129 Magic points at level 50 (and he can reach 159 at level 60 thanks to his memory crystal). His regular Soul Break increases his magic, giving him a +50% boost (duration?). If you wish to deal tons of damages, Vivi is your man. However, his defensive stats are very low (nearly identical to Rydia, with 2613 HP and 53 Defense at level 50), and he can only equip Hats, Robes and Bracers. Because of that, and since it takes a while before leveling him to level 50 and beyond, Terra might be a better candidate since she is much more solid. Finally, he has absolutly no versatility, since he is only able to cast Black Magic (but that's all he needs to shine).

TheGatsby

Also dayummmmm at people who have all characters at 50. I have maybe half of them there and the rest in the 30's or 20's.

I plan on using eggs to get characters I like to 50s. And since I like them, I'll be using them to clear content until they're 65. I think I'll mostly use eggs for characters like bard/ranger that I just can't stand to keep in my party as dead weight.

man, I think folks who don't trade the likelihood of a 3 star relic or two for 500 or 1000 stam worth of running this event are going to be kicking themselves a month from now. 65,000exp/15 stam is a crazy value particularly at how simple these battles are. Throw in the gold, mats, and eggs and you lay the foundation for making things much easier for yourself for a long time to come regardless of how many natural 5 star weapons you've pulled.

B.K.

Speaking of materials, is anyone getting Scarletites from this event? It has given me a ton of Adamantites, but Scarletites have been really rare. I've maxed out levels on all my armor and I've started using Scarletites on weapons.

I have like 3 characters at level 50, a few that are between 30-40, and the majority still at 1. :/

I didn't Flan level at all though, damnit.

StMeph

I have more 50s than not, but I've pushed a couple of people aside to get Vivi and Garnet to the top of the line to get their Memory Crystals unlocked.

All gear is already maxed out, so now it really is just for exp.

Balphon

Speaking of materials, is anyone getting Scarletites from this event? It has given me a ton of Adamantites, but Scarletites have been really rare. I've maxed out levels on all my armor and I've started using Scarletites on weapons.

I have 133 3* adamantites.

So, yeah, the event seems to favor them.

I only have 110 slots. I've dumped a lot of 2* and fake 3/4* gear. Hopefully nothing too important.... :/

I've been running just Vivi and Garnet through the heroic dungeon. They're at 41 now. Hopefully I can finish leveling them to 50 before the FoG ends.

Wazzy

Banned
I plan on using eggs to get characters I like to 50s. And since I like them, I'll be using them to clear content until they're 65. I think I'll mostly use eggs for characters like bard/ranger that I just can't stand to keep in my party as dead weight.
I just really want Squall maxed since he's my favourite. xD

I have like 3 characters at level 50, a few that are between 30-40, and the majority still at 1. :/

I didn't Flan level at all though, damnit.

At this point I'll be fine just getting Tidus and Wakka to 65 and Vivi to 50. All my core characters are 50 anyway.

What can I use on Nymph for dark attack?

Dark buster doesn't work :( and I assume Dark attack?

I don't have anything else than Black Mages SB but he's not leveled up much and I'd rather not waste a space on him.

Or maybe a Friend summon?

Noi

What can I use on Nymph for dark attack?

Dark buster doesn't work :( and I assume Dark attack?

I don't have anything else than Black Mages SB but he's not leveled up much and I'd rather not waste a space on him.

Or maybe a Friend summon?

Three star Dark Spell or the Black Mage SB. Dark Attack / Buster merely cause Blind, they aren't Dark elemental.

Leveling up Dagger is such a pain. Having to rely on a friend summon for one round is frustrating, especially when there's no AOE summons available.

elty

My Vivi and garnet is almost 50, but should I rush a few more mythril to get them the memory crystal AND as much level as possible?

Pejo

You know, I kinda resent the way these memory crystals are being drip fed to us. I hate having to use certain characters in a party because of a 15 level difference. What's more disconcerting is that I see in the JP version, Locke still doesn't have his MC or first materia slot, meaning it's going to be a long ass time until using one of my favorite characters is worthwhile for harder content. Luckily there are enough cool characters that I can use in the meantime, just kinda stinks.

Garnet:[/b] Like Vanille, she has fantastic stats in both Magic (119) and Mind (112) (Vanille has 106 and 116). However, her Magic stat is only useful if you use summons (she has 5* Summon). Both have access to 4* White Magic, making them great healers. Her SB increases your whole party's attack by 20% (which is slightly less powerful than Boost, but it does affect the whole party after all). For a healer, she is slightly more sturdy than the others, thanks to her 3015 HP score and 55 Defense (and she has access to her memory crystal after all). Finally, she has some versatility, thanks to her 2* Support skill, though you may never equip her with such abilities.
[*]Vivi: The black mage par excellence. He is the best black magic caster you can unlock at this point, with 129 Magic points at level 50 (and he can reach 159 at level 60 thanks to his memory crystal). His regular Soul Break increases his magic, giving him a +50% boost (duration?). If you wish to deal tons of damages, Vivi is your man. However, his defensive stats are very low (nearly identical to Rydia, with 2613 HP and 53 Defense at level 50), and he can only equip Hats, Robes and Bracers. Because of that, and since it takes a while before leveling him to level 50 and beyond, Terra might be a better candidate since she is much more solid. Finally, he has absolutly no versatility, since he is only able to cast Black Magic (but that's all he needs to shine).

Nice write up. I was wondering what Garnet's SB did...you answered the question. Does it stack with Boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom