• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTO

Just fully upgraded enhancer to lvl 30 and my Terra is on the gaf list so you guys can use it to clear out the ice cave.

Just fully upgraded enhancer to lvl 30 and my Terra is on the gaf list so you guys can use it to clear out the ice cave.

I use yours every chance I can.

You certainly can get a good feel for what are good sbs through friend summons. That rinoa Lightning one for example is a pass as it usually only hits two of the three targets for me and leaves some one to have to clean up the mess. Anything that is guaranteed to strike all is great, well other than that quake one which is mediocre usually.

KTO

I use yours every chance I can.

You certainly can get a good feel for what are good sbs through friend summons. That rinoa Lightning one for example is a pass as it usually only hits two of the three targets for me and leaves some one to have to clean up the mess. Anything that is guaranteed to strike all is great, well other than that quake one which is mediocre usually.

I think the Rinoa one is good in theory against a single target because it circumvents the single attack damage cap and in theory could do more than 9999 damage between its three hits. While Trance Fira is nice, I was doing 9999 damage against stuff with vulnerabilities back when it was lvl 20, even at lvl 25 it was hitting max against stuff without weaknesses and as the bosses hp climbs higher and higher i dont really find the sb that useful anymore. Dont get me wrong though enhancer does give a ridiculous magic boost so i can hit the limit with whatever spells i cast which is awesome, but you dont get that from the friend summon.

Balphon

I think the Rinoa one is good in theory against a single target because it circumvents the single attack damage cap and in theory could do more than 9999 damage between its three hits. While Trance Fira is nice, I was doing 9999 damage against stuff with vulnerabilities back when it was lvl 20, even at lvl 25 it was hitting max against stuff without weaknesses and as the bosses hp climbs higher and higher i dont really find the sb that useful anymore. Dont get me wrong though enhancer does give a ridiculous magic boost so i can hit the limit with whatever spells i cast which is awesome, but you dont get that from the friend summon.

Terra's second weapon SB (Trance Flood) will end up being more useful as a friend summon since it is about as powerful as Trance Fira and has the side effect of buffing the user's MAG.

Pejo

So does anyone here have the Behemoth Knife besides me? Do you guys that have it notice that it always uses the damn thing when you click Optimize, no matter what the synergy or class of character? It's really damn annoying.

DarkCloud

Didn't realize Garnet and Vivi were from FF13. Cause that's all I got from the banner so far. 4* Healing Rod and 5* Kaiser Knuckle. When I pulled from the FF13 banner I got more FF12 junk. If it's a banner for a specific game why not make it so you are more likely to pull items from that game. I didn't even care if I got Garnet's weapon. At least wanted some IX armor for the event to go with my daggers. Oh well I guess it's not that big of a deal. If we ever have another 13 event I'll be ready. And god knows I'll be set for XII if they ever do one.

I don't know...as far as my luck goes every banner is a FFVIII banner. Have pulled Blitz Sword (x2), Valkyrie, Mesmerize Blade (x2), and a Ten Gallon Hat. I don't even have Rinoa yet and I already have her Soul Break weapon.

Festival of Gold...I will miss you every day.
bj6OmQRl.jpg

Noi

"Hmm. It'd be pretty nice to get Vivi's rod, I could use a double hitting SB."

*convinces self to do a single relic pull*

I think my Roaming Warrior is gonna be significantly more popular.

I look forward to all the mythril compensation for my lost stamina then.

^_-

His 1st one seems better anyways. I have him equipped with a rod and he was doing like 3-4k damage with firaja on elites. Don't need to sacrifice defense when he already magic power that does that.
Might be useful for someone else later though.

TheGatsby

Did three 11 pulls on the IX banner. Got two Oak Staves, one White Robe, and a bunch of 3*

So combine the oak staves or start rolling multi black mages?

edit: Oh yeah I got a third golden spear too. They're sort of forgettable.

Negator

So I've gotten an FF13 bracer and an FF8 Blitz Sword from the FF9 banner.

I mean. Sure! Awesome! I'll take them. But...but................. :(

Well I finally completed an event. I didn't champion the final Tidus fight or the boss rush and I had to use like 3 mythril but I have Valefor so I'm happy. That summon animation is pretty cool.

Razmos

Just had a 1* FFXII staff drop from the garnet event which I've never seen drop before.

I wonder if it's an item that is going to start dropping with the next dungeon update?

EDIT: It's called the Cherry Staff, adds light wind damage

True, I was mainly referring to crowd control friend summon, hence the hit two of three comment I made. Against a single boss obviously a multi strike summon is better than a strike all summon.

Vorpal

So does anyone here have the Behemoth Knife besides me? Do you guys that have it notice that it always uses the damn thing when you click Optimize, no matter what the synergy or class of character? It's really damn annoying.

I've noticed the same thing with the Mystery Veil. Seems like SB gear always trumps regular gear, regardless of character stats or realm synergy. Super annoying.

The optimization option is great as a starting point but there are too many issues unless you are running full melee with no support (aka no wakka). My new issue is that it gives garnet the empyrean rod over the 5++ jugpdgment staff due to the rod having a whopping 2mag more, completely ignoring the fact that the jstaff has 93 more mnd, which is her primary role for me of healer.

Ahh thanks. I'm in a new time zone, it's weird getting used to this stuff happening in the middle of the day/evening now instead of while I'm sleeping

Red Mage

Just had a 1* FFXII staff drop from the garnet event which I've never seen drop before.

I wonder if it's an item that is going to start dropping with the next dungeon update?

EDIT: It's called the Cherry Staff, adds light wind damage

It's an uncommon drop, but it's not a new item.

LevelNth

Banned
Saved up Mythril for the Phase 3 event to try and score a Buster Sword, and had 70 to show for it.

Did an 11 roll... 7 3* junk pieces, 3 4* semi ok but redundant for what I already have armor pieces, and Tifa's 5* glove. Not what I wanted, but could've been way worse.

Did a 3 pull... and got all 3* junk. Hope was fading.

Did my final single pull... AND GOT THE BUSTER SWORD!

Ahh thanks. I'm in a new time zone, it's weird getting used to this stuff happening in the middle of the day/evening now instead of while I'm sleeping

A non sequitur maybe but I find it weird that there are not one, not two, but three times things change per day, for me 3am dailies change, 8am login bonus etc, 8 pm new events etc. why not roll everything out at the same time per day? This does get people logging in more I guess.

odd that they didn't add a 'level a IX character to X' quest tree with the new guys.
The cynic in me says that is due to not wanting to give us one more free Mythrl for more using the festival of gold.

Speaking of which I'm a fairly new player so picked a great time to get started with the MC starting to be rolled out and this farming quest. I wonder if doing two 11 pulls was the best thing for me as that is a quite a lot less stamina refills I can get myself (if my maths is correct I've got enough left to level cap a couple of characters so not too bad at all). Then again I did really need the gear I got (Sun Sword and Danjuro were the only 5*s but the 4* armour is really helpful).

Razmos

I'm glad too as all I ever get from the FoG is armor material. I think in the last 50 drops or so, I've received maybe 10 scarletites. :(
lol I feel you, I've already upgraded pretty much all my armour. I'm actually just throwing all the armour upgrade materials on my weapons now to get rid of them :p

I used to do that but I thought I read somewhere that you lose out on some stat growth or something by using the non-corresponding material. I'm not talking about less experience, but the final stats of the item.

Did I dream that or is it so minimal that it isn't worth fussing over?

TheGatsby

I used to do that but I thought I read somewhere that you lose out on some stat growth or something by using the non-corresponding material. I'm not talking about less experience, but the final stats of the item.

Did I dream that or is it so minimal that it isn't worth fussing over?

You definitely don't lose out on stat growth. It's just less exp, resulting in more gil required. But with FoG I think we all have more gil than we would ever need.

lol I feel you, I've already upgraded pretty much all my armour. I'm actually just throwing all the armour upgrade materials on my weapons now to get rid of them :p
I'll admit when I first started playing I did just that out of ignorance. For someone reason I got them the wrong way in my head. Well excuse me for never getting adamant armour in FFIV...

edit: Ah decide to fully upgrade a Mytrial Knife to ++ and max level to use in this FFIX event. With Synergy bonus is 2 less strength than Danjuro so it will never be used :( .

You definitely don't lose out on stat growth. It's just less exp, resulting in more gil required. But with FoG I think we all have more gil than we would ever need.

Hmmm I tried to find the post I read but my google-fu is weak.

I guess I'll just use the adamantite on my weapons as well then. I've just been selling them because all my armor is maxed.

MicH

Yeah, I'm pretty much only getting Adanantite as well. I still have a lot of armor to upgrade so it's fine, but I would like to upgrade my weapons too

Razmos

So about items that add Light <element> damage, I know that they increase the power of elemental spells and abilities (like Blizzara or Frost Strike), but do they add the element in question to your normal attacks?

I got a trident (4*, XII) and it's a really good weapon that also adds Light Ice Damage and i'm wondering if it does work that way.

I don't think so. I have a rod or staff (forget which) that does light lightning damage. I bonked enemies that are weak to lightning with it in the FFXIII event and it didn't do anything. No "vulnerable" message and it didn't seem to do any more damage.

Festival of Gold...I will miss you every day.
bj6OmQRl.jpg

Jesus what is your secret?!

Probably save/loading. Vivi hits like a truck, even at Level 20, but dies to a single hit in his 20's, dies OHKO to the Horseas still at 30.

Right now, I'm running Tidus (58), Wakka (58), Garnet (31), Vivi (32).

I got Lenna to 50 with the trio, replaced her with the IX characters afterwards. I really need to stop with Wakka and Tidus at 60 to focus all of the XP on the other two.

Anyone who gets Vivi's second RM Devotion don't use it. It is reported to currently crash the game as soon as you enter battle on both iOS and android when it is equipped. Since the battle started your stamina is eaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom