• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

They should make it so the first roll on every banner was only $1. They'd get a lot more money from me that way.

This is how JP banners go. I'm pretty surprised, as I thought the special character banners would be the start of that, but it's not in the FFIX banner. So weird.

I dont have any summons with more than 1 shot. I stopped using them a while ago.

I gave her a couple summons and paired her up with Vivi (Quake) and someone with Bladeblitz. Factor in the friend summon, and you have enough to get the entire dungeon. If you don't have enough abilities to get you through the dungeon, you can just do the first round and retreat.

TheGatsby

Most of my roster is maxed, including Tidus, Wakka, Vivi, Garnet. Only Gordon and a few core characters are in their 40s. Knight lv30 and Red Mage lv1. Most of them don't have good AOE, can't even use double cut, or die in 1-2 hits in FoG Heroic, so I think I'm done with FoG now. Will just max them clearing usual content. Used up about 25 mythril for stam and ALL of my growth eggs. And accumulated 8.4million gil.

Trying to get Vivi and Garnet as many levels as possible via the festival in this last 45 minutes. O_O

BTW, I changed my Friend Summon to my Lv 50 Warrior of Light with his Sun Blade if anyone wants in. 92sf

B.K.

Trying to get Vivi and Garnet as many levels as possible via the festival in this last 45 minutes. O_O

Me too. I'm about two battles away from having Garnet, Tryo, and Vivi at 50. Going to put Tidus and Wakka in the last few minutes and try to get some levels on them.

Should I use another Mythril for a stam refill? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

He's even more useless than Edward. At least Edward could hide and stay out of the way.
Edward is actually pretty useful in the newer versions of IV, and apparently really awesome in this game.

Wazzy

Banned
Ran out of stamina and already spent a few mythril to rerun the event. I think I'll end it with Vivi at 40 and Tidus and Wakka in the 60's.

I'm going to miss you FOG. </3

Roto13

Well, guess I'm done with Festival of Gold. Spent all of my stamina and three mythril on it. All of the characters with upcoming memory crystals are level 50, except Ranger (48) and Bard (40).

... Think I'll give them some growth eggs.

Should I use another Mythril for a stam refill? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Edward is actually pretty useful in the newer versions of IV, and apparently really awesome in this game.

I seem to remember him being all right in The After Years, too. (He was definitely cooler.)

Razmos

Any strategies for the final elite in Garnet's event? All my level50 guys are getting 1-shotted, including a sentinelled Cecil.
Black Waltz has 71k and Sealion has 92k. Both are weak to Fire and can be slowed, so that is your main strategy.
Start the fight by using Magic Break and Slow on both of them, since their spells hurt. After that, focus fire Black Waltz, since he is able to revive the Sealion if it dies before him. You could Mental Break him + Firaga or Armor Break him + Fira Strike. Whatever you want to do.
Once he is dead, focus fire on the Sealion. When it gets pretty low, it will cast 'Tsunami', a powerful water AOE magical attack, so you need to keep it magic broken and, if possible, protect yourself with Tyro's Sentinel.
I was thinking of using my Locke's mirage dive to slow both of them, magic break Black Waltz and then burst him down as quickly as possible.

I had like 800,000 gil before this event. I thought I was set for life. Now I have nearly 3,000,000 gil. Where is my option to purchase an in game mansion?
laugh.gif

Ran out of stamina and already spent a few mythril to rerun the event. I think I'll end it with Vivi at 40 and Tidus and Wakka in the 60's.

I'm going to miss you FOG. </3
Yeah, I used some Mythril for a couple stam refills too, which I would normally never do. I got Black Mage, White Mage, Bard, Ranger and Warrior of Light to level 50, Tidus to his 60s, and Garnet, Vivi and Tyro to their mid-40s, so I feel pretty good about it.

I wish it went longer, but at the same time I'm glad it's done, because I've got too much other stuff to do. XD

Edit: I didn't even check my gil... 3,000,000+ O_______________________O

I seem to remember him being all right in The After Years, too. (He was definitely cooler.)
He was pretty awesome. His new sprite was really cool IMO.

Plus his storyline had Harley, and even though she was a horrible fighter, I still love her and used her in my final party. (I wish they didn't take away her Blue Magic ability that was planned for her.)

Got 15 stamina 2 minutes before the event closed. Was able to rush through another heroic and got Vivi and Garnet to level 45. The event was good to me.

I had 6 mythril left. I failed to spend it quick enough. I was about to spend the of my stamina the game gave me a system error message and it was over.

My goals of having the FFX and FFIX characters on their caps (Vivi and Waka 50, I have their MCs, Tidus and Garnet 49) happened and I got a few others into the 40s too.

Deadly

Used about 10 mythril. Got Wakka and Tidus to 65, Vivi and Garnet to 47, Josef, Luneth and Gordon to 50, Bard at 42. Used some eggs on Vivi to 50 so I can attempt to get his record materia.

Those 4 100 gems pull I did so far must be one of the worst investment I ever did. Not only it's all 3* but they are probably the least desirable items of the list for every banner. I just wanted to give back so I am not really upset. However, it sure doesn't make me feel like ever spending on pulls. Can't imagine having spent 14$ to receive that crap... Oh well, all will be forgiven once I will pull Celes' weapon first try in 2 days! ;)

Road

Tried to put my lv1 Vivi on festival of gold alone, but my quake would not kill the zombie dragon in one hit. Failure. haha

edit: Ah decide to fully upgrade a Mytrial Knife to ++ and max level to use in this FFIX event. With Synergy bonus is 2 less strength than Danjuro so it will never be used :( .

I hadn't realized this. I can throw away all weapons that even with record synergy bonus are weaker than lv20 Danjuro and Zantetsuken without RS. It's not like we'll be needing more than two physical attackers any time soon.

Roto13

I don't have a 5* Magic weapon besides Enhancer, which is only really good for Terra and the pointless Red Mage, so I did a single pull on the IX banner.

Not what I was going for, but I'm not complaining. I guess this game likes to give me AoE fire Soul Breaks. :p

Almost have enough for a full page.

alcheim

^ Oooh!! I didn't know that the Black Robe was a Soul Break relic.
*Goes back to check the inventory
Hey, how come my Black Robe doesn't have that?
*Looks closely
Oh wait, I've got the FFIV version of it.

On an semi-related note...

I didn't have much hope for the 100 gem pull since I got crap from the past 3, but I figured, "whatever..."; so I go for the 4th 100gem pull, and get Vanille's binding rod.

Today was a good day (not just because of the lucky relic pull, but also because of Shenmue 3, FF7 Remake, and Last Guardian)

Speaking of adorable, did any one else think "So it's Record Keeper meets Crystal Chronicles" when the trailer for World of Final Fantasy aired?

Nohar

Nice write up. I was wondering what Garnet's SB did...you answered the question. Does it stack with Boost?

Nope, it doesn't stack with Boost, or any other STR enhancing skill or Soul Break (sadly).

Also, yeah, FFVII remake. I'm betting for a 2023 release. On PS5. It's not like we don't have a precedent (hello FFXV).

Beat all the FFIX stages besides the boss rush. Last fight isn't too tough. Got a well timed level from Vivi after the second stage(just before the boss) to lvl 46. Would have probably mastered it without the level up anyhow but was nice nonetheless. Used Vivi and Celes to take out the trash with fire, with Tidus and Cloud attacking sometimes on the trash(Garnet is of course the 5th in the party). Think I used around 12-14 curagas/curaja(brought 20) total and 1 Tyro(Friend) mass heal. Was expecting the Sealion's tsunami to hit for more...didn't hit too bad even when Celes' shield was not up. Take out the guy on top though in the boss fight first or else he'll resummon his friend the Sealion. 17/18 on the trash, lost 3 generic stars(1 action, 2 damage) on the third round(boss) or 15/18. 4 stars lost 32/36(30 needed). Nice to finally not have to spend a mythril on some ridiculous boss at or near the end. Then again I'm armed to the teeth in Fire spells(8ga/4ja. 4/2 fira strikes...could now bump that up to 4/4 on the fira strikes). Power and Black 3 star orbs drop fairly well on the trash stages...I know I got 2 of each on one of the stages(about 5 stamina per an orb). Of course, that's kind of useless today as it's now Black and Power Orbs day but for every other day...it's probably your best bet.

Tidd

YES! Did a 50 mythril pull and got the Storm Staff, White Robe and a Gold Bangle!!! 3 5* star items!!! This game knows that I love FF IX. :)

They should make it so the first roll on every banner was only $1. They'd get a lot more money from me that way.

Yep. The only reason I've bought any gems at all is because I have around $30 in my google wallet from gift cards. $1 a pull is at least tempting. $3 (or whatever it normally is) a pull isn't happening.

Got another shitty 3 star from the 100 gem draw. Not even surprised anymore :(

Ha, same. :(

I got luckier this time with a moon ring blade, so I've upgraded it to a 4+ which is now my wakka's best weapon, a few points worse than my best dagger but useable from the back row Not terrible not great but hey it isn't an ice shield.

Noi

Got a Defender from my gem pull. Considering the absolute rarity that FF1 gear is in the game, Im not gonna complain.

Gonna blitz through the remaining Tidus elites with my level broke'd Tidus, Wakka, Garnet and Vivi today.

I feel my party is kinda forced right now

tidus/wakka for ffx elites in hopes of getting their second record materia

dagger/vivi to get them to 50

Vanille cause I have her signature weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom