• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGatsby

3 out of 5 bosses down on the tidus boss rush and almost all abilities gone. Definitely gonna need at least 1 mythril for it. Having to use 1-3 mythril per event if you want to do all the elites and boss rush really isn't so bad considering how much they give out.

3 out of 5 bosses down on the tidus boss rush and almost all abilities gone. Definitely gonna need at least 1 mythril for it. Having to use 1-3 mythril per event if you want to do all the elites and boss rush really isn't so bad considering how much they give out.

How you finding it difficulty wise/abilities you are using?

I'm just about to start it.

Edit: I see they fixed the description for Wakka's Materia. Now says "sometimes start with a full gauge". Lol like every character has that "ability" anyways. What a waste.

Just finished the Operation Mi'ihen boss rush. Surprisingly it wasn't too challenging. I used a Mythril after the 3rd boss to refresh my abilities. I could of probably taken down the 4th with what I had but the last boss would have been a close fight. I figured 1 Mythril was a good price to pay to guarantee me a Master for the event.

TheGatsby

How you finding it difficulty wise/abilities you are using?

I'm just about to start it.

Edit: I see they fixed the description for Wakka's Materia. Now says "sometimes start with a full gauge". Lol like every character has that "ability" anyways. What a waste.

I'm not using vit0, although I did use vit0 for the last elite. Didn't bring along what I needed for it, because I was expecting the bosses to be a lot easier. And they are easier; I just don't have my abilities honed enough (or I didn't plan well enough) to last me through all 5 boss's hp.

My setup is:
Cloud - double cut, fira strike
Tidus - double cut, bladeblitz
Wakka - double cut, intimidate
Vivi - quake, firaja
Garnet - curaga, phoenix

I actually went into the 4th boss fully being okay with dying for a mythril refresh but the ether actually gave me enough to get through it. I really really probably will mythril refresh before sinspawn gui though.

Just finished the Operation Mi'ihen boss rush. Surprisingly it wasn't too challenging. I used a Mythril after the 3rd boss to refresh my abilities. I could of probably taken down the 4th with what I had but the last boss would have been a close fight. I figured 1 Mythril was a good price to pay to guarantee me a Master for the event.

You should really have had a bash at the boss before using a Mythril instead of using one before the fight. If you die against the boss and use a mythril, you'll also get a Phoenix bonus which can be a random pick from:
2 more ability uses for everyone
HP +10%
Offensive stats +10% (Attack, Mind and Magic together)
Defensive stats +10% (Resistance and Defense).

Better to try before you fail...especially since they stack and you could dying and keep spending Mythril to get all the bonuses for the fight (if you're that desperate).

Garnet event elite still seems pretty easy, but damn some of the HP on these later enemies, trash AND bosses. yikes.

This is what I dont like about the elite missions the boss hp is just ridiculous. Either way, at 49 mythril now, did Cecil Paladin's item hit the rare draw event yet?

You should really have had a bash at the boss before using a Mythril instead of using one before the fight. If you die against the boss and use a mythril, you'll also get a Phoenix bonus which can be a random pick from:
2 more ability uses for everyone
HP +10%
Offensive stats +10% (Attack, Mind and Magic together)
Defensive stats +10% (Resistance and Defense).

Better to try before you fail...especially since they stack and you could dying and keep spending Mythril to get all the bonuses for the fight (if you're that desperate).

My biggest worry was if I beat the 4th stage without getting Champion. My Terra was almost of of Firaga/Firaja so I figured to ensure I would get Mastery for the stage that I would just heal before. If I wasn't worried about that I would normally just use the Mythril to revive.

I just got two-star FFVII claws from a regular Ice Pillar #1 Classic monster.

Maybe old news, maybe available elsewhere, but VII stuff is scare, so it's time to make a ++ of that.

Should have gone all vito for the last few elites, had to use 2 mythril to get only a completion because a team of 3 squishy level 38-40 mages can't withstand all the grunts

Negator

New dungeons are probably due out Thursday. I would like tomorrow but there is a 2 day precedent for announcements to dungeons.

TheGatsby

Finally completely mastered Tidus event! All Garnet elites done too. After doing new dungeons for more stam and record materia I'll try the Garnet boss rush on the last day of the event.

Vorpal

Excited for new dungeons! I haven't had much to do beyond leveling Vivi and Garnet from 50-65.

Yo, we need a Final Fantasy Record Keeper x NieR crossover event.

I just want to say that, when I replied to this earlier, it was hours before I watched the SE press event and now I am stupidly hyped. Oh man.

Deadly

Really unlucky with Tidus and Wakka's 2nd record materia... Finished his event and I'm just doing some random FFX dungeons now. I got Vivi's in like 2 fights :(

I just want to say that, when I replied to this earlier, it was hours before I watched the SE press event and now I am stupidly hyped. Oh man.
That reveal had me giddy all day long, afterwards. A NieR sequel was simply a gaming dream come true for me, as it was something I never thought I'd see. Thus, I would certainly be down with some NieR crossover stuff.

Noi

Finished the FF9 event! Just need to clear it and FFX's boss rush and I'll finally be caught up on everything since the last set of dungeons came out.

...right on time for the new ones anyway. Right when Heavensward comes out too, yeesh.

Roto13

JEez, I wonder if these bosses have enough HP? Better give them another few million each.

EDIT: That's weird. Nymph took a million years to go down the first time. I ran out of abilities and just autobattled until she knocked out Vivi. I tried her again and she went down pretty quick this time. Bug?

Balphon

JEez, I wonder if these bosses have enough HP? Better give them another few million each.

EDIT: That's weird. Nymph took a million years to go down the first time. I ran out of abilities and just autobattled until she knocked out Vivi. I tried her again and she went down pretty quick this time. Bug?

She is not immune to Death, do you have Zantetsuken on someone?

Combined my two Genji Armors to a six star. We'll see if that was the right decision. Have so much synergy gear, especially for V(Thornlet, Crystal Armor both 4*) that I think it's the right move.

Finished off my last remaining dungeon. 101 1/5 now. Ready for the new content. All I have left are the Boss Rushes which IX isn't even out yet.

Wazzy

Banned
Finished Tidus event boss rush. Mastered it which was cool.

Now I'm gonna fix up the one Elite I didn't master and then full focus on Garnet elites.

I'm thinking I've goofed up not leveling BM and WM. Unless of course you'll be able to get their second RM without them having used their MC which seems like it doesn't work like that.

I just got two-star FFVII claws from a regular Ice Pillar #1 Classic monster.

Maybe old news, maybe available elsewhere, but VII stuff is scare, so it's time to make a ++ of that.
I found a reddit post of some of the other 2* drops:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/39zhvy/princess_of_alexandria_farmable_drops/
But yes the claws are the highlight.

I'm not using vit0, although I did use vit0 for the last elite. Didn't bring along what I needed for it, because I was expecting the bosses to be a lot easier. And they are easier; I just don't have my abilities honed enough (or I didn't plan well enough) to last me through all 5 boss's hp.

My setup is:
Cloud - double cut, fira strike
Tidus - double cut, bladeblitz
Wakka - double cut, intimidate
Vivi - quake, firaja
Garnet - curaga, phoenix

I actually went into the 4th boss fully being okay with dying for a mythril refresh but the ether actually gave me enough to get through it. I really really probably will mythril refresh before sinspawn gui though.

Thanks. This was pretty much my exact team haha.

Had to use a Mythril on the 4th boss because I barely had 1 intimidate and firaga spell left for him which wasn't cutting it. So the Defense bonus and ability refresh made a world of difference. Last boss was a bit of a pain still casting gravity and lightning all but finally made it.

Somehow and I don't really know how managed to Master it overall despite getting complete for 3 of them and only 100% mastering one round. Must have got it by the skin of my teeth. Anyways can't say I enjoyed doing that but it's done now. Certainly possible. With at least 1 Mythril spent anyways and no vit0 or reta.

What's the difference in damage between Maduin and Valefor? They're both 4* non-elemental but Maduin would be cheaper to hone.

Razmos

Holy shit a new Thief ability in the JP version: Mug Time.
Attacks an enemy, inflicting Slow and casting Haste on the user. Locke is going to get a lot of use for this, especially since he is finally getting his Memory Crystal in the same update.

Also Tidus, Rinoa (!), Cecil and Tyro are getting their second Memory Crystal

Other abilities are new Ninja abilities: Raijin - Thunder attack on all enemies and Sanka, a random target 6-hit attack (basically triple Double Cut)

Those come with the Shadow event where you can get Shadow.
There is also a FFIII/Pictologica crossover event where you can get Ingus, meaning all 4 of the FFIII characters have been added now.

This is really Game of the Forever. So much stuff to be added and characters/series to gain. Bloody huge.

The only really kicker for me is its a huge drain on battery :((

Razmos

Eurgh, the last elite of Garnet's event is fucking nuts.

I know, lets have 2 bosses with ridiculous HP that can do 2500 damage with one attack, that will work!
I ran out of abilites just beating the Black Waltz.

And you mean to tell me Sealion has a powerful AoE attack when it gets to low health? I got wiped out before I even saw that. There's no way I can beat it.

The rest of the event is pretty easy, if not draggy because of all the inflated HP values. Then this fight is just flat out unfair.

Red Mage

I know, lets have 2 bosses with ridiculous HP that can do 2500 damage with one attack, that will work!

And you mean to tell me Sealion has a powerful AoE attack when it gets to low health? I got wiped out before I even saw that. There's no way I can beat it.

The rest of the event is pretty easy, if not draggy because of all the inflated HP values. Then this fight is just flat out unfair.

I found it easy. Just Magic Break both of them and then Vit-0 the Black Waltz. Once he's dead Firaja/Firaga the heck out of the Epic Sea Lion.

Shahadan

It's ok if you stack up Firagas and Fire Strikes or something. My game isn't in english so I always forget the names, but I used the ability reducing magic on the sea lion and on the waltz + Pal Cecil soul break and it went okay.
Like, cast Haste on Vivi and spam Firaga on Waltz + Cloud doing the same with fire strikes and it'll go down rather quickly

RivalCore

I had tremendous trouble with that particular fight last night. Slowga, Magic/Mental Break and Shield Grimgoire won it for me in the end. Just be careful not to use up too much of your magic abilities on Black Waltz. You'll need to burst down the Sealoin as fast possible and his defense is too high for retaliate.

Razmos

Exploiting poor programming isn't cheating, but okay.
Let's just agree to disagree. Just getting a little tired of everyone suggesting VIT0 before actual strategies and playing the game like it should be played.

ANYWAY

A new accessory has been added to the JP version. It gives HP + 500 and has synergy with FFVIII

DeviantBoi

Can you get the memory crystal without the character being in the party?

Or if he has to be in the party, does he have to be level 50?

TheGatsby

Can you get the memory crystal without the character being in the party?

Or if he has to be in the party, does he have to be level 50?

the memory crystals are given out as rewards for completing a stage, so no, that character doesn't have to be in the party.

some second record materia require the character to be in the party; there's a description that tells you. But to get that, it means you must have already unlocked the first record materia, meaning yes they have to be lv.50 AND you obtained their memory crystal

Beat X boss rush. Used 1 mythril between 3 and 4. Got ability usage. Wasnt fun. 63 out of 75. Got the min. for mastery. Aced first stage...paralyze is key. 3 stars lost on all the rest. 1 action, 2 damage. You must ace the first stage imo. Happy to have not used vito in this game to date. Im legit!

Got 2 greater orbs. Lightning on 1. Fire on 4. Picked up Wakkas second materia as well on one of my test runs of the boss rush. Beat it on my 3rd try. As i said, not fun.

Red Mage

Let's just agree to disagree. Just getting a little tired of everyone suggesting VIT0 before actual strategies and playing the game like it should be played.

ANYWAY

A new accessory has been added to the JP version. It gives HP + 500 and has synergy with FFVIII

If you want to play it as it is 'meant to be played' then keep throwing Mythril at it until you're buffed enough to take them on.

I am one Greater Earth Orb and one Greater Non-Elemental orb away from making protectaga and mental breakdown. I think having these will just about get me to the point of beating the last ffx event stage.

Any suggestions on where to farm them? I'm hoping there's something as reliable as Vargas during the last event for Greater Wind Orbs.

Cheating or not, I still couldn't beat the sinspawn with the tentacles even with vit0. Just get bursted down too quickly. Until now I was pretty satisfied with my party and ability set up.

So how are you guys beating the elite sin spawn boss with the tentacles that absorb magic? You can intimidate the tentacles but I can't deal enough damage to them/keep my guys alive long enough to kill them neither with retaliate or all in magic :/

Noi

My doublecast Venom RW was used 45 times. Huge jump over Lenna only being used like 6 times, lol.

I didn't have too much trouble with that fight, but then again I had a level 58 Vivi with Oak staff hitting Black Waltz with Firaja for 9999 every turn with 65 Tidus and Wakka backing him up. I kept Sea lion rebuffed afterward with Magic Break, which made the Tsunamis afterward do trivial damage while I burned down his HP (including two back to back Doublecasr Venom SBs for 24k damage total).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom