• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I didn't have too much trouble with that fight, but then again I had a level 58 Vivi with Oak staff hitting Black Waltz with Firaja for 9999 every turn with 65 Tidus and Wakka backing him up. I kept Sea lion rebuffed afterward with Magic Break, which made the Tsunamis afterward do trivial damage while I burned down his HP (including two back to back Doublecasr Venom SBs for 24k damage total).

Curious, have you spent a lot of real life money on this? I play with moderate regularity and have only one character over level 50 (Tidus at 51, after using a bunch of growth eggs since he was hot garbage before they buffed him). Rydia, Kain, Cecil (light) and Celes are also level 50 (Kain is 48). I can't imagine even with growth eggs having been able to get enough turns in to level up that fast unless you've been using the gems or whatever to refill your stamina.

I've mastered all of the Elite FFX stages but can't beat those last few of the event. :( Couldn't beat the second to last and last FFIX stages yet either.

Noi

FFX boss rush mastered! Man, you can really tell how little HP they have compared to their normal elite versions.

Curious, have you spent a lot of real life money on this? I play with moderate regularity and have only one character over level 50 (Tidus at 51, after using a bunch of growth eggs since he was hot garbage before they buffed him). Rydia, Kain, Cecil (light) and Celes are also level 50 (Kain is 48). I can't imagine even with growth eggs having been able to get enough turns in to level up that fast unless you've been using the gems or whatever to refill your stamina.

I've mastered all of the Elite FFX stages but can't beat those last few of the event. :( Couldn't beat the second to last and last FFIX stages yet either.

I spent a good 8-10 mythril on stamina refills in Festival of Gold. I made sure to get Vivi and Garnet the moment they popped and put them into that exp heaven, cause those kind of events don't happen often! Took them to level 50 with four star growth eggs, got their memory crystals and let them ride the xp wave as high as they would go.

SougoXIII

The trick to leveling up your character is to carry them around for your daily orb grinding. You just have to be efficient with your time and abuse the exp dungeons (2 sweepers + 1 dead weight). I have never use a stamina refill or eggs and I only have 3-4 non level 50s (Tidus and Wakka are both 65s). Though I did start on day 1 so I might have an advantage there.

Oh man, just did the tidus boss rush, mastered and used one mythril after battle 3. The last battle I was way deep into it and I accidentally intimidated cloud instead of boosting him, nearly hit the reset button but figured if my next firaga or two would do the trick it would be ok, and sure enough I was. Pretty funny. Retaliate, no vit0. Sentinel friend. I lost I think 10 medals throughout.

Meier

The trick to leveling up your character is to carry them around for your daily orb grinding. You just have to be efficient with your time and abuse the exp dungeons (2 sweepers + 1 dead weight). I have never use a stamina refill or eggs and I only have 3-4 non level 50s (Tidus and Wakka are both 65s). Though I did start on day 1 so I might have an advantage there.

What does this mean exactly? Pretty impressive accomplishment! The speed my guys level up, I expect it'll take me another month at least to have someone hit 65 let alone a whole squad.

I spent a good 8-10 mythril on stamina refills in Festival of Gold. I made sure to get Vivi and Garnet the moment they popped and put them into that exp heaven, cause those kind of events don't happen often! Took them to level 50 with four star growth eggs, got their memory crystals and let them ride the xp wave as high as they would go.

I probably should have utilized the exp from there more effectively but the inventory management but I just can't get into grinding in this game at all. Isn't fun for me. Smart thinking though!

What does this mean exactly? Pretty impressive accomplishment! The speed my guys level up, I expect it'll take me another month at least to have someone hit 65 let alone a whole squad.

Blade blitz, quake, friend summon and summon, if you can, some combo that will get you through three rounds of fights save loading to get a good atb.

I put myself at a disadvantage regarding the FFX event. I appear to have sold some of the crusader gear barring myself from a ++ Crusader Helm (I got a Cuirass to ++ though). Don't be me.

I'm unlikely to be able to do the last few levels anyway due to having started recently so lacking spell charges for long boss fights.

I took it to mean one person who needs EXP and the other two to kill everything. Smaller parties lead to less EXP division. For a 3 man party the total EXP is the same but each member gets 66.5% more EXP than they do in a 5 man party.

Now that also means less meatshields or backup plans (if the person I need to level can only take one hit, how do I heal, can I S/L my way round issues etc) and in the case of EXP dungeons FOG was much easier than the Sunday one (hence why I feel I made a mistake capitalising on it a bit late and neglecting some of the core characters that otherwise have little use).

SougoXIII

I probably should have utilized the exp from there more effectively but the inventory management but I just can't get into grinding in this game at all. Isn't fun for me. Smart thinking though!

Oh sorry, the dead weight is anyone you want to level but it's too weak to use (you can even use level 1s since they are not exactly expected to get hit). The sweepers are people strong enough to one shot a mob with a regular attack or ability - This shouldn't be difficult for the hard exp dungeon since they just give out an 5* sword for free or you should at least get an 4* draw from your mythril by now. At the start I use the 5* Danjorou + a 4* axe for my sweepers and rotate them around when they hit max xp. Now this is even easier with friend summon guaranteeing a free round clear.

Needless to say there's quite a lot of resetting going on when things goes wrong but I like seeing the big pay off in the end when my guys jump 15+ levels. If you can't clear the whole dungeon then just blow all your abilities on the first level then retreat.

Fuck the last FF9 dungeon. I had more problems with that than the last X mission. Blizzard hitting my level 50 characters for 2500 damage.

Barely beat it. Guess I'll level up and hone more then try for mastery before the event ends.

SougoXIII

Fuck the last FF9 dungeon. I had more problems with that than the last X mission. Blizzard hitting my level 50 characters for 2500 damage.

Barely beat it. Guess I'll level up and hone more then try for mastery before the event ends.

Pshhh. Abuse Celes' Friend Summon Relic + Pheonix/powerful magics on your black mage/summon. Absorb magic dmg & free refill? Yes please.

Roto13

Ok, going to try that Karnak Castle Elite. I was kicking its ass but could never master it because of unreasonable "actions taken" rankings which have supposedly been fixed.

If only I could remember what my setup was. EDIT: Oh, right, I took a screenshot of it.

Pshhh. Abuse Celes' Friend Summon Relic + Pheonix/powerful magics on your black mage/summon. Absorb magic dmg & free refill? Yes please.

I don't have Phoenix and only 4 uses each firaja/ga plus fira strike. I used all of that along with my own trance fire, Vanille friend summon, magic/armor breaks, and still barely beat it with 3 characters dead.

What does that Celes ability do exactly. I don't think I've seen it...

Roto13

All right, cpp, let's do this.

H3o70IG.jpg
I don't have Phoenix and only 4 uses each firaja/ga plus fira strike. I used all of that along with my own trance fire, Vanille friend summon, magic/armor breaks, and still barely beat it with 3 characters dead.

Draws magic attacks to the user and absorbs them as ability charges.

SougoXIII

Celes' limit act as a taunt for single target black magic. Anytime your enemy use it, it'll target the person who use the limit and the spell will then get absorb and one of your ability will get randomly refill. Since the last IX loves using black magic, you essentially get free magic + tank.

Celes' limit act as a taunt for single target black magic. Anytime your enemy use it, it'll target the person who use the limit and the spell will then get absorb and one of your ability will get randomly refill. Since the last IX loves using black magic, you essentially get free magic + tank.

Ah ok, that sounds very useful! I'll give it a try if I can find somebody using it as their RW.

Thanks

Nohar

Eurgh, the last elite of Garnet's event is fucking nuts.

I know, lets have 2 bosses with ridiculous HP that can do 2500 damage with one attack, that will work!
I ran out of abilites just beating the Black Waltz.

And you mean to tell me Sealion has a powerful AoE attack when it gets to low health? I got wiped out before I even saw that. There's no way I can beat it.

The rest of the event is pretty easy, if not draggy because of all the inflated HP values. Then this fight is just flat out unfair.

I actually beat them the loyal way, no cheat, and I'm pretty happy with myself.
Party was:
  • Tidus (lvl 61): Blade Blitz (2), Double cut (6). Regular SB in order to inflict Slow. On a side note, Blade Blitz was useless, should have brought something else.
  • Celes (50): Fira Strike (4), Fira Strike (4). Mainly brought her for her SB.
  • Luneth (50): Magic Break (4), Magic Break (4) - Special SB granted by the FFXII shield, ie. a Protectga.
  • Garnet (43): Curaga (10), Cura (10)
  • Vivi (43): Firaja (4), Firaga (8)
The roaming warrior I took with me was Tyro with Sentinel Grimoire.

Beat the trashes. I had Vivi and Garnet at level 43, and they leveled to 44 right before the boss (that was intentional). Once you reach the boss, Magic Break both of them, and keep them that way (you need to use Magic Break every 3 turns or so - 2 to be safe). Use Sentinel Grimoire ASAP. Nuke the Mage (weak to Fire), then when he is dead switch to the Sealion. Use Tidus' SB to inflict Slow (not guaranteed though, but with his materia his SB gauge regens rather quickly). Use Vivi's SB to boost his damages even further (mine was dealing 9300 per Firaga on Sealion). It is mandatory to keep Sealion under the Magic Break effect. Use Celes's SB to reduce incoming damage, and another Sentinel Grimoire. Frankly, they were rather easy with my setup.

Pejo

Woo, smoked Death Claw. Got all the stamina now. Ready to pull my hair out at the next set of elites.

I've been dreading the last 6 FFV elites for a long long time now. I just finished up all the other realm elites this morning before work, have to start in on the FFV ones now then I'll have max Stamina. I remember hating Iron Claw so much on just the normal mode. At least now I have 6 uses of intimidate and I know about the S/L trick, and VIT0 if necessary I guess. Is it just me, or does FFV as a realm just seem to be unusually difficult, despite the rating numbers?(even though the numbers are high as well)

Roto13

I've been dreading the last 6 FFV elites for a long long time now. I just finished up all the other realm elites this morning before work, have to start in on the FFV ones now then I'll have max Stamina. I remember hating Iron Claw so much on just the normal mode. At least now I have 6 uses of intimidate and I know about the S/L trick, and VIT0 if necessary I guess. Is it just me, or does FFV as a realm just seem to be unusually difficult, despite the rating numbers?(even though the numbers are high as well)

Iron Claw requires some Batman-like preparation. He's vulnerable to a lot of status ailments. My problem was, even though I was completely murdering him, I'd always lose enough action medals to miss out on mastery, which was crap. I sitll missed out on an action medal on each of the first two floors, but not on the boss floor, thanks to the update.

I actually didn't have any trouble with the final V elite. Did that on my first try before the update. Bring lots of fire. Maybe I was just lucky. But yeah, it seems like the hardest Elites are all from FFV. Don't forget how horrible Forza and Magissa were.

What is Vit-0? Sure it's been discussed previously but I'm in the dark on it.

Cast protect on an enemy
Use Wakka with Status Reels on same enemy
Cast protect on enemy again

Then your next couple of attacks should do 9999 damage. It seems to wear off pretty quick though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm one Greater Earth Orb short of being able to create Break. Worth it for a situational ability that can OHKO select bosses?

Cast protect on an enemy
Use Wakka with Status Reels on same enemy
Cast protect on enemy again

Then your next couple of attacks should do 9999 damage. It seems to wear off pretty quick though.

Apparently Vanille's SB with her 5* weapon lasts longer if you use that instead.

Ashodin

j1dQIWTl.png

Suck it Elite Black Waltz! I used a mythril to heal before the fight to make sure I would master the whole thing.

All the enemies in that elite hit like a goddamn truck.

Anyway, I used VIT0 sorry people, it's there, I'm gonna use it. It's tricky to setup anyway, especially on this fight, where you can't use Deprotega as it messes up the order on both bosses (brought Wakka to use Status Reels on Waltz, while Garnet was eating up spells with Runic and casting Phoenix EVERY ROUND SON)

Feels good man, now I can go back and master the elites I have left, and I'm ready for dungeons tonight! Feels REAL good to be caught up again.

Razmos

Going to redo the whole Tidus event so I can try to get his and Wakka's damn Record Materia. Wish me luck.
Don't bother, do the first X classic (Zanarkand) and just keep repeating the first battle for 2 stamina a go.

That's what I did earlier today.

Pejo

Wow, what a huge difference a few characters over level 50 and some 5* relics make with these Elites. I'm already down to my last two in FFV, I've been absolutely breezing past these. I remember them being so hard before, haha. Still might have problems with the final two though, don't want to jinx myself.

That's a great idea to run the 2 stamina X stage over and over til you get the record materia, I still need both of RM2's for Wakka and Tidus. Maybe i'll get those before I try my last two dungeon elites.

Razmos

How many times did that take you?
About 5 tries until I got Tidus' and once more for Wakka's. But you can just auto through it and 2 stamina a go is nothing.

It might take longer for you or it might take less, it's random.

So redoing early 9 ones is the best way to get vivis/garnets other mastery skill? or do they not have them yet?
Vivi's just drops while he is in the party, doesn't have to be a FF9 dungeon. Garnet's second materia isn't available yet. But yes, that would be the best way.

Wazzy

Banned
Cool, Tidus elites mastered except for last one. The last level before boss rush I completed but didn't master and I'm not sure I want to attempt the mastery even though I probably can do it but the rewards aren't good enough to tempt me.

Time to work on Garnet elites!

Edit: urgh forgot to get Tidus second RM. Welp, time to farm.

Having to redo Amongst the Flowers Elite for Mastery because I mistakenly took Dark Attack instead of Dark for the "Exploit weakness to Dark" hurts... This game does not forgive stupid errors like that, bye bye 49 stamina!

Pejo

About 5 tries until I got Tidus' and once more for Wakka's. But you can just auto through it and 2 stamina a go is nothing.

It might take longer for you or it might take less, it's random.

Vivi's just drops while he is in the party, doesn't have to be a FF9 dungeon. Garnet's second materia isn't available yet. But yes, that would be the best way.

Yikes, turns out you were pretty lucky with your RM2. I just ran 48 stamina on the 2 stamina Zanarkand stage and nada for either character.

I did the same. I always get those and poison wrong lol

Maybe we'll stop making those mistake at some point! haha

Anyone happens to know about how much Exp stage 1 and 2 of Amongst the Flowers gives on Elite? I want to have Vivi level up before the boss so I can own everyone before with Fire attacks (taking some low level in the dungeons).

Whoo cleared those bastard sinspawns! Didn't even need to use Vit 0. Protectaga and using the right breaks made all the difference. It's a relief to hear that the boss rush is actually slightly easier than that stage.

Ashodin

Whoo cleared those bastard sinspawns! Didn't even need to use Vit 0. Protectaga and using the right breaks made all the difference. It's a relief to hear that the boss rush is actually slightly easier than that stage.

It is, those bosses don't have nearly the same HP values at all

Red Mage

Anyway, I used VIT0 sorry people, it's there, I'm gonna use it. It's tricky to setup anyway, especially on this fight, where you can't use Deprotega as it messes up the order on both bosses (brought Wakka to use Status Reels on Waltz, while Garnet was eating up spells with Runic and casting Phoenix EVERY ROUND SON)

Feels good man, now I can go back and master the elites I have left, and I'm ready for dungeons tonight! Feels REAL good to be caught up again.

That's how I feel. Especially since if you don't choose the right time to try it, the bosses will eat your lunch.

My lack greater orbs to refine the better abilities is coming back to kill me with the last few elites of the Tidus and Garnet event as even with a mythril heal I simply run out of moves before I can kill everything. This is especially infuriating in the Tidus event where the boss can summon reinforcements

Edit: I've also cleared about 60 quest, cleared out most of the 1 and 2 star ability making ones (minus hone jump because MRGRGRGR lesser power orbs). I plan to clear out all the dungeon and elite ones before the tackling the next set of dungeons to save stamina from having to do them twice.

Ashodin

awww yeah the only elites I have left now are two FFX ones and two FFXIII ones. I'm ready for new dungeons, new RMs, new everything! TONIGHT BABY YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my 5* list to celebrate

QejyDpAl.png

Razmos

I really wanted to create Protectga but my heart dropped at seeing I needed 8 Greater Earth Orbs, before realizing you get 5 from the Garnet event.

Anyone know where I can get the final 3?

Garnet with Protectga + White Mage second materia = Goodbye Heroics!

I really wanted to create Protectga but my heart dropped at seeing I needed 8 Greater Earth Orbs, before realizing you get 5 from the Garnet event.

Anyone know where I can get the final 3?

Garnet with Protectga + White Mage second materia = Goodbye Heroics!

Farm the Elite Mist Cave V boss Mist Dragon. I got the remainder of what I needed off him.

Bloody hell 6 Greater Orbs from the daily today. Madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom