• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

The current group of dailies must have a higher drop rate for 4 star orbs than the previous group, because I get them every other floor.

TheGatsby

The current group of dailies must have a higher drop rate for 4 star orbs than the previous group, because I get them every other floor.

I've gotten 2 of them with 200+ stamina. I don't think it's any better than the previous dailies. Just my anecdotal observations though.

Just did an 11 pull and got my second Guard Stick. With my two Healing Grimoires, I think I'm covered. Is the Guard Stick worth combining, or leaving two separate?

Got the notification about Cloud's new weapon. Thought it meant new dungeons.

:(

Now why on earth would you do 10 single pulls? :p

Because I can't stand the disappointment of a shitty 11 pulls and a early luck out on Celes' weapon would have made me stop pulling. After a few very disappointing pull 11 pulls, I took the decision that I was ready to miss out on 1 relic for those 2 reasons alone. If I am after more than 1 relic in a banner or I have saved a lot of Mythrils, I might go for 11 again (Lightning banner should be the case).

Because I can't stand the disappointment of a shitty 11 pulls and a early luck out on Celes' weapon would have made me stop pulling. After a few very disappointing pull 11 pulls, I took the decision that I was ready to miss out on 1 relic for those 2 reasons alone. If I am after more than 1 relic in a banner or I have saved a lot of Mythrils, I might go for 11 again (Lightning banner should be the case).

You should do an 11th single pull and see if you made the right choice to not do that 11 pull in the first place :p

I did an 11 pull. I was hoping for Cloud's SB 2 weapon and/or Celes's SB weapon, but I certainly won't complain about my good luck.
haevPk7.png

I likely ended up better off with these results anyways. Now I have a native 5* Sword (Zantetsuken), Ranged Weapon (Rinoa), Lance (Kain), Katana (Cyan) and Rod (Aerith). I also have a native 5* Shield (Genji, IV) and Bracer (Emerald, X). Pretty well rounded. :D

Now, do I combine them or keep them separate... Hmmmmmm.

I did an 11 pull. I was hoping for Cloud's SB 2 weapon and/or Celes's SB weapon, but I certainly won't complain about my good luck.

I likely ended up better off with these results anyways. Now I have a native 5* Sword (Zantetsuken), Ranged Weapon (Rinoa), Lance (Kain), Katana (Cyan) and Rod (Aerith). I also have a native 5* Shield (Genji, IV) and Bracer (Emerald, X). Pretty well rounded. :D

Now, do I combine them or keep them separate... Hmmmmmm.

With Zantetsuken given for free and also being VI Synergy, I would combine the katanas. You will still have another good synergy weapon for a second character.

My setup for FF9 boss rush, no vit0 or mithril. Nothing too fancy and definitely not optimal. I think alot of people will have more success here than FF10 boss rush. A couple of pointers:

• Silver Glasses on your retaliate member is very strong for wave 3 and damn near essential. Blind status will carry over to wave 4 and you'll want to keep up with damage outside of Vivi.
  • I didn't plan it but having Vivi level up on the 3rd or 4th wave is pretty nice. I think if you can manage 5-6K away from a level up going in, you should go for it.
  • Use whatever Roaming SB you find fits your party best. I didn't find Sentinel's Grimoire too handy but it's the safest choice going in for the first time. I had two charges on the last wave and I didn't really need it with Protectga.

rybrad

Ugh had to burn a mythril to finish the Black Waltz fight. I guess a guaranteed 4 star is worth a myhtril compared to what else it could have been used on though.

Got Carbuncle without a Mythril, but didn't get Champion.
Can't be assed doing all that again for an orb and egg.
That plant that blinds your party is a little bastard. Vivi pretty much destroyed him single handedly with Firaja...but in the Waltz/walrus fight I had to drop turns and thus medal until my fighters could see again. Fucking cheap, coz the rest of the rush is easy.

Think i lost 6. 3 on 2. 1 on 4. 2 on 5. You can lose 11. Had 12 fire spells. 10 blizzara fira strikes total. 20 heals. No boost. This entire 9 event was a joke.

Slowly making my way through the Tidus boss rush right now, just waiting on stam to refill.

It's actually been pretty easy so far, but I'm only two bosses in. Just want to get Valefor so if I don't master it that's not a big deal, but it seems like I'm coping pretty well currently.

thedan001

Beat Tidus event, farmed FFX daily all day last week

Still no RM2 from Wakka/Tidus yet!

Vivi's RM2 dropped after the first battle post lv50 =_=

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
PNZFIEq.jpg

Celes is my favorite character so yay, happy. Plus the katana is nice, got my first natural 5* armor, and can now combine 3 more 3++ items.

Now I need to concentrate on upgrading my goddamn inventory.

Getting the major xp eggs from Tidus/Garnet events jumped my Black Mage from 23 to 39. So mastering those is kind of a big deal if you don't have BlMage up in levels or anyone else's record materia you want soon that will be available. Think we do get a major xp egg from the rewards tomorrow or the next day though.

Roto13

At 104 out of 112 quests now that I've honed Thundara Strike after getting it from the check in bonus.

It's so lame that so many of these crafting quests just give you back a few of the orbs you used to craft or hone the thing.

I really wanted to create Protectga but my heart dropped at seeing I needed 8 Greater Earth Orbs, before realizing you get 5 from the Garnet event.

Anyone know where I can get the final 3?

Garnet with Protectga + White Mage second materia = Goodbye Heroics!

2nd to last elite can drop them, I got 2 in one run.

Did my 100 gem pull for this banner, got soul saber, I need to add celes to my entry on the spreadsheet.

Balphon

Managed to get through the first four rounds of the Tidus boss rush losing only three medals (all in round 4, the bastard). No Vit0 or retaliate, to boot.

I'm pretty close to empty though so I don't know if I'll be able to beat Gui without using a Mythril. Still, I'll chalk it up as a win either way.

Vorpal

Just mastered the FFX Boss Rush without using mythril, vit0, or retaliate! I've been really fortunate with relic pulls, and I won't act like that wasn't a factor, but it was a fun challenge regardless.

I think the biggest takeaway for me was that very honed abilities make a huuuge difference. Here's the loadout I brought (Tidus, Cloud, Wakka, Vivi, Garnet):

6n1iwe8.png

I only ever used Intimidate twice (on the first boss), so I probably would opt for Dark Buster in retrospect. Other abilities hovered around 50% remaining uses until I burned everything on Sinspawn Gui. I brought Locke SB for Slow on Sinspawn Geneaux and extra AE for Gui.

I'll be a little sad when caster meta takes over because I am all about doubling down on them Combat skills

Managed to get through the first four rounds of the Tidus boss rush losing only three medals (all in round 4, the bastard). No Vit0 or retaliate, to boot.

Damn, nice defense! I came out of every fight with lost medals for damage taken. My party practically limped and crawled to Gui

TheGatsby

So I have Quake honed once and Bladeblitz not honed at all. Should I save up my Greater Wind Orbs for honing Bladeblitz, or is honing Curaja more useful at this point?

I've been using Curaga (10) with Judgement Staff and I'm not getting full heals for a lot of characters, especially on lv.65 Tidus. Most recent event elites make me heal every single turn now too. My only native 5* armor is White Robe (IX).

Balphon

Damn, nice defense! I came out of every fight with lost medals for damage taken. My party practically limped and crawled to Gui

Was mostly offense. Intimidate locked down the first boss and the second one died fairly quickly. I had to S/L the third boss a few times to make sure nobody died to the opening salvo of minion attacks and I could kill them cleanly.

Wasn't really any way to prevent the fourth boss from beating up on me though. Seems to have a pretty low threshold for damage taken too.

Noi

Garnet boss rush is totally doable without mythril use, vit0 or retaliate. Prob the most "fair" of all the final fights in the Elite events so far. "Masked Man" at the end deals a lot of damage, but its all single target and easily healable, more so if you're packing Power Break.

I had Vivi with 4 Firajas and 8 Firagas, but the former were a little redundant cause the latter did 9999 anyway on everything weak to Fire (every boss except Steiner and Masked Man).

Balphon

Yay, I managed to master the Tidus boss rush without using a mythril. Lost another three medals on the fifth round but I squeaked by.

Came down to the wire, I was falling back on Cloud using Sonic Break at the end of the Gui fight.

Go team, with additional Deprotegas from special guest Vanille:

Vorpal

So I have Quake honed once and Bladeblitz not honed at all. Should I save up my Greater Wind Orbs for honing Bladeblitz, or is honing Curaja more useful at this point?

I've been using Curaga (10) with Judgement Staff and I'm not getting full heals for a lot of characters, especially on lv.65 Tidus. Most recent event elites make me heal every single turn now too. My only native 5* armor is White Robe (IX).

At the moment, I think you'll get much more mileage out of honing Bladeblitz--especially when it comes to farming dailies. If both abilities one-shot enemies, you essentially guarantee instant clears for 8 battles, leaving you to auto for one more fight. (Or use a RW.) Flying enemies put a wrench in the works for Quake but at that point you could fall back on Bladeblitz. Also, bringing 8 charges of AE into a boss rush is pretty awesome.

Curaga might be showing its age with freshly-minted 65s but, until you can hone Curaja a few times, 10 sufficient heals seems more practical than 2/4 full heals.

As far as healing every round, that seems fairly standard. Maybe you're already using it, but Protectga is awesome for extra phys damage mitigation.

Was mostly offense. Intimidate locked down the first boss and the second one died fairly quickly. I had to S/L the third boss a few times to make sure nobody died to the opening salvo of minion attacks and I could kill them cleanly.

Wasn't really any way to prevent the fourth boss from beating up on me though. Seems to have a pretty low threshold for damage taken too.

I see. Cool. I think I was too stingy with abilities. In most fights I would eventually resort to regular attacks and skip Vivi's turns, which inevitably gave bosses some extra time to wreck my group. Grats on the no mythril clear!

I'm a dope, I thought Protectga was a more powerful version of Protect for the party, but it's the exact same as protect, just an AoE.

So that mean the Gold Armlet SB is the exact same as Protectga. Now I like it even more. :)

Vorpal

I'm a dope, I thought Protectga was a more powerful version of Protect for the party, but it's the exact same as protect, just an AoE.

So that mean the Gold Armlet SB is the exact same as Protectga. Now I like it even more. :)

Didn't you also get a Behemoth Knife a few pages back? You're getting all the cool relics!

Nohar

So... To join or not to join the 3-pull cult... That is the question.

(FFIX Boss rush completed without any problems by the way).

Macnair

Got my 3rd Judgement Staff from the 100 relic pull. I guess I'll combined them since I rarely use two white mages in thr party.

Itching to do a 3 relic pull. I must resist...

Oh yeah! First 7* weapon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom