• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

I had to use a mythril to clear the Tidus boss rush. I was really unlucky on elixirs and it refreshed protectga instead of Curaga three times, so by the last boss I had no heals. Oh well.

Really didn't feel like going through all that again, so I figured 'fuck it'

I can't believe I'm just realising that the character in the number 1 slot is automatically equipped with the strongest weapons.
Is there any other quirks on where to place a character? I think I saw Black mage is best in #3 slot?

Talaysen

Just cleared the Garnet boss rush too. Vit0 isn't even needed, and there's an argument that it's not even the best setup.

Gonna run through some old dungeons for quests until the new ones are up I guess.

alcheim

Dear FFRK RNG,

I'm flattered that you keep giving me Mesmerize Blades and Diamond swords; but I've already got four of each already. Be a dear, and kindly give them to someone else who doesn't have any 5* relics yet.

Also, if you can maybe see to it that my next gacha pull yields Luneth's special soul break weapon --I would be eternally grateful.

Sincerely,
Me

Jyrii

Banned
Sealion kicks my ass so hard.

I downed Black Waltz and did quite a lot dmg against Sealion. Then that "#&##! starts to use tsunami 3 times in a row.

Can we use intimidate to Sealion? It hits so hard.
Nope.

Try the Runic Blade trick. Have Celes set up as a Friend Summon with her Runic Blade SB. Bring someone (like Garnet) who has two summons equipped. (Phoenix and Valefor/Ifrit would be best.) Then at the start of the battle, have Garnet use the Friend Summon Celes. Now every individual spell cast by Black Waltz and Sealion will be absorbed by Garnet and will contiuously refill her summons. (Which she should be casting repeatedly.) Makes the fight way easier.

Giving someone Magic Break to use on Sealion when it starts using Tsunami is helpful too.

Nohar

I just used Sentinel Grimoire, Magic Break both bosses, nuke the black mage, keep Sealion under Magic Break, re-cast Sentinel Grimoire once I damaged Sealion enough for him to get dangerous, and nuke him again with Vivi who deals over 9000 damages very easily after using his SB. That fight is easy compared to the Red Dragon and FFX. Also, Tidus' regular SB on Sealion to inflict Slow.

Did a 15 Mythril pull, got 2 VIII weapon I hadn't seen before and a garbage. After upgrading.....

GFOKI8b.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

Razmos

Was going to do some normal elites until I noticed I had a Celes with runic blade on my friend summon list, so I had another go at the last Garnet event elite, using Runic Blade to keep Garnet using Phoenix, and then on Vivi to keep him stocked up on Firaga.

It was still pretty close, but I beat it and mastered it, yay.

Red Mage

Just cleared the Garnet boss rush too. Vit0 isn't even needed, and there's an argument that it's not even the best setup.

Gonna run through some old dungeons for quests until the new ones are up I guess.

How the heck do you kill the second boss? I can't get the cage off and it is wiping out the party one by one.

[Fugo]

Whoa, I just pulled Cloud's new SB Weapon, the Hardedge!!

I currently have Tyro with Healing Grimoire as my RW, do you think switching it to Cloud with Cross Slash would me more valuable?

Will try out the boss rush later on, when others have tried and posted more strategys :p

In the mean time trying to build up some more Power orbs... I mean White Orbs today *rollseyes*

I finally cleared all the classic dungeons. Just in time for the new ones I guess. I still have the majority of elites to do though.

Was going to do some normal elites until I noticed I had a Celes with runic blade on my friend summon list, so I had another go at the last Garnet event elite, using Runic Blade to keep Garnet using Phoenix, and then on Vivi to keep him stocked up on Firaga.

Nice. I just added Pancakes to my friends list so I'll try and get champion using that strategy once my stamina refills.

Razmos

[Fugo];168810568 said:
Whoa, I just pulled Cloud's new SB Weapon, the Hardedge!!

I currently have Tyro with Healing Grimoire as my RW, do you think switching it to Cloud with Cross Slash would me more valuable?
Nah, Cross Slash is good if you have Cloud in your team because it's better than both of his previous soul breaks. As a friend summon though it's very situational, only really useful if you are fighting a boss that you need to paralyze. Healing Grimoire would see a lot more use, I think.

Ashodin

All classic elites clear! Celebrated with some daily runs. I'm fully ready for tonight, all dungeons mastered, and ready to go. Bring me record materia!

Red Mage

Restarted because my Retaliation Team wasn't able to see the second boss through. Any tips on killing Steiner before the Bomb explodes?

Razmos

Wow, FUCK Baigan elite (the FFIV boss that has the two arms seperate)

For mastery both of his arms have to be dead before he dies, or they self destruct, doing 9999 damage to a party member and killing them. The problem is, he regenerates them after a random amount of turns (on one attempt they came back a turn after I destroyed them, on another it took like 5 turns)

On my latest attempt, the arms regenerated just before my character dealt the killing blow, so the arms used self-destruct, ruining the whole run and forcing me to reset.

None of this would be an issue if we had ENEMY HEALTH BARS. Goddamn.

A bunch of FFVI characters just got a stat increase in Japan, and some ability increases too. Hopefully we see those same boosts in the near future.

For mastery both of his arms have to be dead before he dies, or they self destruct, doing 9999 damage to a party member and killing them. The problem is, he regenerates them after a random amount of turns (on one attempt they came back a turn after I destroyed them, on another it took like 5 turns)

On my latest attempt, the arms regenerated just before my character dealt the killing blow, so the arms used self-destruct, ruining the whole run and forcing me to reset.

Shiva is your friend for this fight, perhaps combine with a friend deprotectega. Just hit each arm a few times then pound Baigan and when you feel he's low on health que up protectega and shiva to go off back to back.

Razmos

A bunch of FFVI characters just got a stat increase in Japan, and some ability increases too. Hopefully we see those same boosts in the near future.
Holy shit at Mog getting nearly an extra 40 Mind stat and getting Dragoon abilities for some reason.
And Celes finally getting a use for her magic stat, huzzah! Now she can equip a rod with her runic blade ability and constantly refill her black magic, that's nuts.

Shiva is your friend for this fight, perhaps combine with a friend deprotectega. Just hit each arm a few times then pound Baigan and when you feel he's low on health que up protectega and shiva to go off back to back.
That's a good idea, didn't think to get Shiva. Might as well since I need to do the quest too.

i need friends

my Friend ID is oetu :>
We have a spreadsheet, add us :3

Quote to reveal url

Dawg

We have a spreadsheet, add us :3

Quote to reveal url

Thank you, Razmos :3

Second question: I'm doing dungeons now and I feel like spamming attack is enough at this point to win everything. Should I be using spells? Only thing I use now is the "OP" friend abilities.

Also, I swear my game sometimes gets stuck at "now loading" when I press "optimize" in the party menu :(

Razmos

Thank you, Razmos :3

Second question: I'm doing dungeons now and I feel like spamming attack is enough at this point to win everything. Should I be using spells? Only thing I use now is the "OP" friend abilities.

Also, I swear my game sometimes gets stuck at "now loading" when I press "optimize" in the party meny :(
No prob :)

Just attacking is fine for a while, and even later on, abilities are best saved for bosses. Carry on attacking through stuff and doing quests for now, and just create abilities as you need them. for example if a boss requires to be hit with ice attacks to get mastery, create blizzard (or blizzard strike for Cloud, which I still use even very far into the game)

Check your quest list before creating any abilities though, for example, accept the "create blizzard" quest before you create it to get extra rewards. The quest list suggests a lot of useful abilites you should probably work on, like double cut.

Dawg

No prob :)

Just attacking is fine for a while, and even later on, abilities are best saved for bosses. Carry on attacking through stuff and doing quests for now, and just create abilities as you need them. for example if a boss requires to be hit with ice attacks to get mastery, create blizzard (or blizzard strike for Cloud, which I still use even very far into the game)

Check your quest list before creating any abilities though, for example, accept the "create blizzard" quest before you create it to get extra rewards. The quest list suggests a lot of useful abilites you should probably work on, like double cut.

Thanks! :D

I think that was me, I just swapped from wakka.

TheGatsby

The Garnet bosses have low enough HP that if you have Vivi casting a 9999 spell every turn, then by the time your other characters set up vit0, the boss will only have like 20k hp left. Better off bringing a Vivi friend summon and using that protect slot for something else.

Red Mage

Suggestions for Garnet Elite:
Fira Strike, Double Cut x2, Power Break, Magic Break, Armor Break, Healing and Fire Magic. Maybe Ice Magic for the bomb (I didn't need it). On the Black Waltz and Ice Otter of Doom, M.Break both, then nuke B.Waltz 'til he dies. A.Break Happy Feet so that he dies faster when you've eliminated the Waltz. With the masked man, keep Power Break on him, because he will beat the ever loving crap out of you otherwise. Even with P.Break he'll do 1000+ damage to front row. Finally, I suggest Celes' Runic for RW.

As someone else said, use Shiva. Whittle him down enough, and then have Garnet or someone cast Shiva to TKO all pieces at the end.

johnsmith

remember me
Holy shit at Mog getting nearly an extra 40 Mind stat and getting Dragoon abilities for some reason.

He's the other spear user from FF6 along with Edgar which gave extra damage when using the jump ability, so basically they were the game's dragoons. Did they ever add more dragoon abilities to record keeper?

Vorpal

Is there anyway to reset this game on iPhone? I've tried deleting it from my iCloud but it still doesn't delete the save data

There is no easy way to reset your game. Most/all data is stored server side, and usually linked to a combination of your e-mail account, device, Facebook account, or whatever you've used. Cloud storage is just a backup.

6 more mythril till I can do another 11 pull. I want to do the IX banner, then I'll blow some on the IX boss rush if needed.

What does carby do anyway?

Pejo

All classic elites clear! Celebrated with some daily runs. I'm fully ready for tonight, all dungeons mastered, and ready to go. Bring me record materia!

Just finished mine this morning too, feels good. I think I might save up some stamina and give the FFIX boss rush a go. I hear it's not as hard as the FFX one.

Roto13

I beat it by counting HP. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom