• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

He's the other spear user from FF6 along with Edgar which gave extra damage when using the jump ability, so basically they were the game's dragoons. Did they ever add more dragoon abilities to record keeper?
I read today that there is a 3* ability, which is a slightly more powerful version of Jump, with added Wind element. And a 4* ability called High Jump which is more powerful.

I read today that there is a 3* ability, which is a slightly more powerful version of Jump, with added Wind element. And a 4* ability called High Jump which is more powerful.

Razmos since we can't edit the spreadsheet could you add my celes in there? I'm towards the top of the sheet.

Having the right SB as your friend summon makes all the difference when it comes to people using it. Going from like 0-3 uses with Kain up to 30 uses with WoL & Sun Blade (I'm not even sure if this one is that great, there are plenty of more useful ones).

Not that 6000 Gil means anything.

Thank you, Razmos :3

Second question: I'm doing dungeons now and I feel like spamming attack is enough at this point to win everything. Should I be using spells? Only thing I use now is the "OP" friend abilities.

Also, I swear my game sometimes gets stuck at "now loading" when I press "optimize" in the party menu :(
A tip I would throw in for beginners is stamina shard management. You might have noticed now every 5 stamina shards is +1 max stamina and a full stamina refill. So manage your stamina so that you hit 0 stamina when entering the boss area of the dungeon that will get you that. It does waste a bit of a time though as you will have some waiting or entering dungeons a bit later.

To try and do a quick example say you currently have 25 stamina but a dungeon that will get you to 5 shards and the refill costs 20. Those 5 stamina are basically wasted if you do it immediately so instead do the easy daily dungeon to spend 9 stamina and enter the dungeon with 14. You will regain a couple during the dungeon then you can wait out for the rest. Yes you spend 12 minutes more but you get to do something you wouldn't have done just rushing the dungeons through.

The good times regarding shards do come to an end eventually with dungeons giving out 3 or less shards and also when the stamina costs get really high it might head a little into game is playing you territory.

Other sidelines to do are the timed events as the rewards can be decent when honed and combined and more characters are always welcome. The normal tier tends to be completable at about level 25 too.

oh man, that ix event was much simpler than the x rush. tip: silver glasses on the retaliator and you don't need blinda. done with all events, quests other than a few breaks to get orbs on saturday etc, so more than ready to go for the new dungeons.

Razmos

Kinda looking forward to the dungeon update now, let me stockpile that sweet, sweet Mythril.

I kinda have a feeling that we are getting the Balthier event before the Squall event, because it felt to me like they were trying to fill in some gaps by finally introducing some FFIX content, and really the only gap left now is FFXII.

FFVII only has 2 story dungeons, but it has 4 characters and 2 events already under its belt.
FFVIII only has one character, but it also had 1 event and story dungeons
FFIX had nothing at all until this event, where we got 2 characters at once, one of which was due to be made available with the dungeon update.
Likewise, FFXII has had no content whatsoever apart from items. No dungeons, no characters, no events. (until tomorrow at least)

It would be a fitting time to have Balthier be unlockable and to give us Fran's record materia as well.

Vorpal

Try the Runic Blade trick. Have Celes set up as a Friend Summon with her Runic Blade SB. Bring someone (like Garnet) who has two summons equipped. (Phoenix and Valefor/Ifrit would be best.) Then at the start of the battle, have Garnet use the Friend Summon Celes. Now every individual spell cast by Black Waltz and Sealion will be absorbed by Garnet and will contiuously refill her summons. (Which she should be casting repeatedly.) Makes the fight way easier.

I still don't totally understand how Runic Blade works. Does it guarantee that single-target spells will target the person who used the Friend Summon, or do you have to hope that character is targeted? How long does the buff last? And does a spell absorption refill both abilities or one (at random)? How long do eggs last in the refrigerator? Should I brush my teeth before or after breakfast? I have so many questions.

Razmos

I still don't totally understand how Runic Blade works. Does it guarantee that single-target spells will target the person who used the Friend Summon, or do you have to hope that character is targeted? How long does the buff last? And does a spell absorption refill both abilities or one (at random)? How long do eggs last in the refrigerator? Should I brush my teeth before or after breakfast? I have so many questions.
It acts like a lightning rod to single target magic, whoever uses it will be targeted, and I think it recharges an ability by one, at random. (as it didn't always recharge Phoenix)

Against Black Waltz/Sealion it lasted for a pretty good amount of time, long enough for me to kill Black Waltz without being hit. I think Garnet (who used Runic Blade) managed to get off a good 6 or so skills before it ran out.

Red Mage

Guaranteed unless you have two people with Runic then it will randomly choose one.

So new dungeons perhaps tomorrow?

Just done the IX boss rush. It was rather easy all things considered. No Vit0 or Reta used or Celes SB. In fact I found the first boss the "hardest" just because he was quite tanky and I maybe could have done with an armour break equipped for him, which would have helped take him down quicker. Wanted to save as many magic spells for all the other bosses which were particularly vulnerable to fire. Sealion didn't cause much bother outside of his Blizzara spell. Didn't get attacked once with his hit all attack. Managed to Master all stages except the first one too.

My team was:

Cloud - Double Cut/Blizzara Strike (for Bomb and Waltz)
Tidus - DC and Bladeblitz (though should have replaced the latter with Armour break)
Wakka - Magic Break and Power Break
Vivi - Firaja/Firaga
Garnet - Blindna/Curaga
SB - Tyro's Heal All

Everyone level 50-2 with Tidus/Wakka level 65. Only Cloud has his better SB, the rest are just their default ones. Vivi/Garnet both got leveled up for the last stage which helped refill their abilities but still had plenty so wasn't a biggie.

So that's everything complete ready for the new dungeons :))

Yogg

Just finished the boss rush and it was easier than expected. It actually felt much easier than the last elite boss (that I haven't beat with mastery yet). I spent no mythril, and I had a "kind of" retaliate setup with fira strikes everywhere and no boost. In the end Retaliate was not used at all except for the final fight, which didn't really need it. Fire skills did all the work, and I used a Runic Celes RW to abuse the 4th boss, which worked like a charm with the phoenix I had equiped on Garnet.

Ready for the next dungeons !

Vorpal

Guaranteed unless you have two people with Runic then it will randomly choose one.

It acts like a lightning rod to single target magic, whoever uses it will be targeted, and I think it recharges an ability by one, at random. (as it didn't always recharge Phoenix)

Against Black Waltz/Sealion it lasted for a pretty good amount of time, long enough for me to kill Black Waltz without being hit. I think Garnet (who used Runic Blade) managed to get off a good 6 or so skills before it ran out.

Very cool. I'll have to keep this in mind. I didn't realize how useful it could be.

Dawg

Few more noob questions:

Should I just use mithril on rare pulls?

And...

When do I know I should upgrade weapons/armor and/or change units?

Wazzy

Banned
Few more noob questions:

And...

Basically it's up to you if you want to do some rare pulls. If you have barely any gear then it's recommended to save up and do some 11 pulls. I personally saved up until my favourite entry's banner was out and then used all my mythril on it.

You should generally upgrade gear if you can combine it with something else or if it's above 3*. There's not much point wasting gil and mats for gear you can easily replace with an 11 pull.

I say generally just pick the characters you like best but there will be some who are much better than others.

Units you can't go wrong with are:
Cloud
Tidus
Rinoa
Terra
Vivi
Aeris
Lenna
Sephiroth
Vanille
Snow
Warrior Of Light
Cecil DK or Paladin
Wakka
Rydia(outclassed by Terra and Rinoa)
Kain
Tifa
Luneth

Though quite a few do become much better with their SB weapons.

Dawg

Basically it's up to you if you want to do some rare pulls. If you have barely any gear then it's recommended to save up and do some 11 pulls. I personally saved up until my favourite entry's banner was out and then used all my mythril on it.

You should generally upgrade gear if you can combine it with something else or if it's above 3*. There's not much point wasting gil and mats for gear you can easily replace with an 11 pull.

I say generally just pick the characters you like best but there will be some who are much better than others.

Units you can't go wrong with are:
Cloud
Tidus
Rinoa
Terra
Vivi
Aeris
Lenna
Sephiroth
Vanille
Snow
Warrior Of Light
Cecil DK or Paladin
Wakka
Rydia(outclassed by Terra and Rinoa)
Kain
Tifa
Luneth

Though quite a few do become much better with their SB weapons.

Wazzy, are you playing all the mobile games I am? :3

Wazzy

Banned
Wazzy, are you playing all the mobile games I am? :3
I probably am LOL

Terra Battle
One Piece Treasure Cruise
Final Fantasy Record Keeper

And there's another mobile FF game coming soon too. :D

I've made big progress in all three so far.

Dawg

I probably am LOL

Terra Battle
One Piece Treasure Cruise
Final Fantasy Record Keeper

And there's another mobile FF game coming soon too. :D

I've made big progress in all three so far.

One Piece is my favourite. And what's the new FF game? :eek:

Terra Battle is incompatible here ;_;

Wazzy

Banned
One Piece is my favourite. And what's the new FF game? :eek:

Terra Battle is incompatible here ;_;
Final Fantasy Legends and Final Fantasy Brave Exvius! The second brings in iconic characters like RK which I'm excited about.
Wazzy, how do you keep up with all that? :O
I generally just use up all my stamina for whatever it needs to be used for and it hasn't been too bad managing! I will say I've been so addicted to all three I haven't play any games other than these for awhile lol after E3 though I'm starting to get a gaming it's back so I might go and finish some games I never beat.

thedan001

Welp, 11 pull on phase 5 banner

2x hardedge, I was more interested in guard stick and celes sword to expand utility. I already am happy with Buster Sword

I'm combining it

Roto13

Few more noob questions:

And...

You'll get he best bang for your buck mythril if you save up 50 and do an 11-pull. But if you want to do a few single pulls early on to get yourself some decent equipment when you don't have anything, that's reasonable too.

You'll want to upgrade all of your equipment eventually. :p

Dawg

You'll get he best bang for your buck mythril if you save up 50 and do an 11-pull. But if you want to do a few single pulls early on to get yourself some decent equipment when you don't have anything, that's reasonable too.

You'll want to upgrade all of your equipment eventually. :p

Should I just sell 1* stuff then?

SougoXIII

Should I just sell 1* stuff then?

If you're just starting then no, you can combine 1* into 3* and with Realm Synergy stat bonus, those 3* with help you a lot on the earlier dungeons.

Only sell them when you need space, have superior equipment from relic draws etc...

Roto13

Will the first boss be a case of dying way too quickly before I can cast the 3 different element spells on it? Haha

That might be why there are so many floors. :p Even it out.

Turning down the battle speed for the XIII dungeon so the battle music has a chance to get to the good part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom