• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
I'll start the dungeons once I'm done Garnet elites.

I'm so tempted to do a pull on this banner for the VIII gear but I'll probably hold off till Squall bracket.

Noi

First boss in XIII dungeons has a healthy pool of health. You're more likely to not hit the weaknesses from him not swapping them ever.

Cloud Memory Crystal in the Elite version of it though!

Exproof Ice = weakness fire
Exproof Water = weakness lighting
Exproof Lighting = weakness ice

Just so you get full medals, coz you don't want to fuck these up with the stamina cost.

Balphon

Attunement II dropped almost immediately.

Makes me wonder why there is such a wide gulf in drop rates for these record materia.

Roto13

Ugh, I hate that Optimize keeps giving Garnet magic equipment when I only give her white magic. Mind, you idiots, MIND.

EDIT: She got silenced on the first floor of D-District Prison and I'm not sure if I should retreat and start over or hope that I don't need to heal during the boss, because that's 30 minutes I'll have to wait to get that first floor stamina back. :( Wish I could just buy this game.

forgrim

the biggs combo isn't that hard, and i didn't need to heal. i started like 2 weeks ago so have a pitiful team, so i don't doubt u can finish

Heard they killed VIT0! Never had the chance to try it just for fun.

Edit: 2 people on Reddit said they were not able to do it anymore than one said he was able to. I don't know if there is some trolling going around.

Roto13

the biggs combo isn't that hard, and i didn't need to heal. i started like 2 weeks ago so have a pitiful team, so i don't doubt u can finish

That's good. I don't know why I'm even worried at all. I'm using two level 50 characters. :p Gots ta get that second Tyro Record Materia.

Balphon

Ugh, I hate that Optimize keeps giving Garnet magic equipment when I only give her white magic. Mind, you idiots, MIND.

EDIT: She got silenced on the first floor of D-District Prison and I'm not sure if I should retreat and start over or hope that I don't need to heal during the boss, because that's 30 minutes I'll have to wait to get that first floor stamina back. :( Wish I could just buy this game.

Just stay in a trash battle long enough for it to wear off.

thedan001

I've done vit0 probably 15 times total since T-rex/ultimecia FFVIII event

I'm used to getting it up quickly, then I used it on Aster Protoflorian (elite) in FFXIII dungeon for Cloud's memory crystal

Didn't work, thought I missed a step... S/L and reloaded the fight, didn't work somehow?

I was using Vanille friend summon

edit: I chalked it up to some unique boss mechanics that interfere with vit0 glitch, I'll let the subreddit figure it out, I'm too greedy with my stamina lol

Roto13

Fisherman's Horizon uses the Magitek Research Facility background for battles for some reason. After it's clear, it's on to Final Fantasy XII. GEE I HOPE I HAVE SOME EQUIPMENT FOR RECORD SYNERGY

Not happy with these ridiculous stamina costs and stamina shard stinginess.

It's annoying. I just got two recharges in a row by finally claiming those stamina shards they sent out. But it takes forever most of the time.

Roto13

on to Final Fantasy XII. GEE I HOPE I HAVE SOME EQUIPMENT FOR RECORD SYNERGY

QmiuWvT.jpg

Where's Falk's avatar when you need it

TheGatsby

Cloud memory crystal get! so excited. Cloud was my first lv.50 and is finally now able to actually gain exp again. Permanent stay on my team until he's 65.

Beat the Garnet Boss Rush. Now to finish up the last few elites from the last dungeon update, and then start on the new ones! I feel like I'm starting to get caught up again.

thedan001

God, Final Fantasy XII's boss music is so good. It makes me sad they didn't announce a remaster of it at E3.

I was totally hoping for that.

After years of FFXI, FFXII clicked so well for me regarding its battle system. Loved the gambits, essentially an offline-single player version of FFXI. My only complaint? I wish they kept the original plan of Balthier as a lead role instead of going with Vaan

Where is my remaster?! I hope theyre working on it along with FF7 remake

That said, Danjuro++ is gonna wreck things there!

TheGatsby

Although Gordon's attack is awful, even with a Golden Spear 5*++, he makes for a decent black mage when equipped with Terra's Enhancer. It's too bad he can't equip rods :|

Vorpal

After years of FFXI, FFXII clicked so well for me regarding its battle system. Loved the gambits, essentially an offline-single player version of FFXI. My only complaint? I wish they kept the original plan of Balthier as a lead role instead of going with Vaan

Where is my remaster?! I hope theyre working on it along with FF7 remake

That said, Danjuro++ is gonna wreck things there!

The FFXII story was the only part of that game that I found kind of disappointing. It just didn't hook me or stick with me. The end of the game felt like a bunch of random tasks. "Now we need to go get that thing! And this other thing! And a sword! Let's go!"

But I loved the world and the music, and I dumped hundreds of hours into that friggin' awesome battle system. <3

TheGatsby

The FFXII story was the only part of that game that I found kind of disappointing. It just didn't hook me or stick with me. The end of the game felt like a bunch of random tasks. "Now we need to go get that thing! And this other thing! And a sword! Let's go!"

But I loved the world and the music, and I dumped hundreds of hours into that friggin' awesome battle system. <3

Yeah, after leaving Jahara, game felt kind of like pointlessly wandering. It started out amazing and kind of went nowhere.

I still spent like 30 hours grinding Vaan to lv.50 even before the first boss

Nohar

The new dungeons are here! Finally! I... I... I...

url

This is too much. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~~

Fran will be a welcome addition to my team. Sadly, I still need a decent ranged weapon (the Killer Bow can only get me so far). I guess she will be a spear-user for a while.

After hoarding 208 Mythril I finally decided for an 11* (my first ever after 40 hours of playing this game) even though it was totally unnnecessary given how they gave 5* Zantetsuken for free and I got fake 5* Sabre from the Tidus event.

Anyway it went better than I expected:

zdjciefys3s.png

4 of my melee chars now have 5* Weapons:

- Hardege
- fake 5* Sabre
- Kikuchimoji
- Zantetsuken

I'm prety much set weapon wise but I need like 1M Gil to upgrade them (I have 120k).

Razmos

Hmm, the Aster Protoflorian never changed it's element when I fought it. I killed it before it did.

It wasn't particularly hard either way I suppose.

Nohar

I was wondering: they won't add any weird challenges such as "Only use rank 1 abilities to clear x dungeon"? Because I'm near the ability stockage limit, and I wouldn't mind selling some of those.

Also: Tyro's second materia get!

Noi

lol, Nalbina Dungeons has such a weird format. It's accurate to the game, but I didn't at all expect the boss to be the first thing you fight with trash after it. I just absentmindedly tapped it thinking it was the same format as usual.

Razmos

lol, Nalbina Dungeons has such a weird format. It's accurate to the game, but I didn't at all expect the boss to be the first thing you fight with trash after it. I just absentmindedly tapped it thinking it was the same format as usual.
Now the question is, does it drop anything good so it can be easily farmed? ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom