• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

So is Rydia the only mage type worth leveling between her, Black Mage, and White Mage?

My White Mage has served me well. Other people say you should just give Tyro a cure spell, but she heals a lot more and can heal the whole party at once with Pray.

So is Rydia the only mage type worth leveling between her, Black Mage, and White Mage?

White mage is worth it IMO... Her heals are a good 50% higher than Tyro at least... It means my 8 casts of cure are enough to soak up 500-600 damage and cura over a thousand. Black mage on the other hand... garbage tier.

Do they release a lot of new content for this game? Like new characters, new dungeons, etc? I know this one just came out, but I think the JP one has been out for a while, so are they ahead on content? If so what kinds of things can we look forward to?

Do they release a lot of new content for this game? Like new characters, new dungeons, etc? I know this one just came out, but I think the JP one has been out for a while, so are they ahead on content? If so what kinds of things can we look forward to?
Yeah, there should be new content every few weeks.

Beating the current crop of dungeons shows that next up in Final Fantasy I and some more VI (with Cyan specified).

Japan is apparently five months ahead of us, the info is out there if you want to spoil it.

Negator

There are shitloads of things we don't have yet. It seems that they are ready to rapid-fire the events one after the other. I would be shocked if we didn't have either brand new chapters or another event right after the current event ends.

Word on the street is that the Japan and US versions are actually running on the same version of the software, so it's only a matter of when they want to release content.

Ashodin

There are shitloads of things we don't have yet. It seems that they are ready to rapid-fire the events one after the other. I would be shocked if we didn't have either brand new chapters or another event right after the current event ends.

Word on the street is that the Japan and US versions are actually running on the same version of the software, so it's only a matter of when they want to release content.

I'm ready man, this game is gonna have me by the balls while I work on updating psyscrolr

edit: I just got the Mythril Helm in Hard Adamantite! YEAAAAAAAHHHH

I'm ready man, this game is gonna have me by the balls while I work on updating psyscrolr

edit: I just got the Mythril Helm in Hard Adamantite! YEAAAAAAAHHHH

I got 2 and already had everything to max upgrade and combine it :) Just need one more before the end of the day.

mstevens

I'm sure most of you have figured it out, but if you're grinding normal dailys (or whatever) it's better if you only use the 1-2 people from that game, that way you're not sharing xp with people who aren't getting a boost. Leveling up Sephiroth solo in the daily and it's going really fast.

Shahadan

I dowloaded it and played the tutorial and was pleasantly surprised! Seems like my kind of game! Yay!
....Of course everything except the tutorial make the game crash on my shitty phone. Oh well.

Road

Finally beat a hard daily, as did everyone else. Today's is easy. =P

That bums me out, I was hoping for some app optimizations to look forward to.

Shouta said the Japanese version has a fast-forward button, so I don't know if we're in the same version of the software.

The equipment list desperately needs a sorting option to put upgrade materials on top...

A question though for anyone that has played the Japanese version, I asked earlier about Warrior being in the Japanese version, and Shouta said he was an early adopter bonus for them too, but he doesn't appear on the Japanese wiki in their list of characters.

They have Knight, which looks similar, but I imagine has different skills/stats, etc. Did the Warrior change/upgrade into Knight? Or are they two separate characters?

Warriors is there: https://ffrk攻略.gamematome.jp/game/780/wiki/キャラクター_ジョブ

I'm sure most of you have figured it out, but if you're grinding normal dailys (or whatever) it's better if you only use the 1-2 people from that game, that way you're not sharing xp with people who aren't getting a boost. Leveling up Sephiroth solo in the daily and it's going really fast.

Yeah, to maximize stamina usage I have been doing that from the start. But I'm wondering if I'll try to grind a couple of today's hard instead of normal (already sick of bronze armor/shield/helm... haha)

I dowloaded it and played the tutorial and was pleasantly surprised! Seems like my kind of game! Yay!
....Of course everything except the tutorial make the game crash on my shitty phone. Oh well.

If it makes you feel any better, even top end phones are being beaten to hell frame rate and battery wise on the menus for some ungodly reason.

Yeah, to maximize stamina usage I have been doing that from the start. But I'm wondering if I'll try to grind a couple of today's hard instead of normal (already sick of bronze armor/shield/helm... haha)

6k XP on hard over 2k for normal, I'm willing to share with my non-FF7 characters :)

Einherjar

Is there a list of what equipment drops from which dungeons? I didn't know Hard event dropped Mythril armor/helm until I read this thread.

Yaari

Uh, I got Mythril Armor 2x on a single run of Friday dungeon. I didn't even know they dropped and now I got 2. Wut.

elty

I think I will need more item slot. I am stockpiling lots of upgraded 1*/2* items for synergy and run out of space very often.

TheContact

I combined the 1star ff7 gloves on Tifa until it got to level 10 and she's my second best damage dealer now even though she's under leveld by 10 compared to rest of party

Althane

Beat Heli Gunner, and even got Mastery for 61-65. Dat choco feather will help on Rydia's survivability.

Means I'm ready to take on the big boss of the dungeon. I'm pumped. 51 stam is a lot to generate though.

elty

I am wondering if Tifa is actually worth using - she seems to be inferior to Cloud and Sephy and using all three does not provide enough support.

Road

Growth Eggs are an obvious way. They'll also earn more EXP if they're the only characters in the party. Stages that cost 5 stamina to play are more efficient than those that cost 10. (You don't get twice as much EXP from 10-stamina stages.)

You do get more than twice in the daily dungeons, dunno about story dungeons.

Normal: 2976 xp
Hard: 6180 xp

So grinding daily hard is more efficient than daily normal.

6k XP on hard over 2k for normal, I'm willing to share with my non-FF7 characters :)

I can auto-battle today's hard only with Tifa (21), Cloud (30) and Sephiroth (29). No sharing. =P

200gil for a daily reward? are you serious brehs
camby.png

Daily rewards are a good joke to lighten up the mood.

Might be a silly question, but where do you get VII items? By doing VII levels or something else?
They''re surprisingly sparse in the current version.

Antlion drops Protect Vest and if you just play through the event dungeons you'll get some armbands.

Weapons? Haha, too bad. Better pray to the Rare Relic gods.

Althane

Got Sephi. Put my growth eggs on him, now just waiting for my stam to regenerate some so I can run through the Friday dungeon at least once more. FFVII Shinra event, beaten!

Thanks for the help guys.

Aw yeah, only two more dungeons to go to complete the event.

The ranged boss was pretty easy, jump, thunder, thundara. I didn't even need the bow I leveled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom