• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jae1zpzl.jpg

Yey! Finally got my first character specific SB weapon!

I'm liking that 3-pull!

Did the FFXII elite stage(forgot the quest...doh). One of my characters went down like 2 turns before being beating it...so I lost a star on KO but I still got the requirement(3 stars) of having a party member not get KO'd even though one was. I'll take it but that was odd.

In other news. Rolled another 5 mythril. More 3 stars. I'm over 30 pulls now without a 5 star. Think I'll save for a 3 pull and then a 50. I want more gear.

Regarding quests. Turns out I forgot yet again to do some finish dungeon ones so that is about 200 stamina I have to eventually waste doing nothing :( It is so stupid you need to accept the quest then do the dungeon.

What characters are supposed to show up in this update?
According to this roadmap. Irvine, Arc, Refia, Fran.

Edit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/wiki/index/characters/irvine

Is this accurate? If so, I think we have a winner for the shittiest named character in the game. Black Magic 5 but can't use rods, lolololol. His unique weapon doesn't even have magic on it either, like Terra's. Also is there even a single gun in the game yet?
Apparently there was a fix in Japan for this and they skipped giving us the crap version and went straight for the fix. The fixed version is claimed to be Support 5 / Combat 3 / White 2 / Black 1

Wazzy

Banned
I was a little thrown off by them skipping to D-District prison but I guess it makes sense if they count events.

God I love VIII's music.

So does VIT0 still work in the western version? I'm reading conflicting things.

I know it's fixed in Japan, but they're way deeper in than we are so I'm hoping they'll at least wait until the same point. (Or alternatively, give is the QoL updates that we still don't have earlier.)

Shahadan

Holy shit! Thanks to a reddit guy I can finally launch the game on mobile data *_*
I wasted so much stamina in the past two months but it's finally over. I'M CRYING

not really but still, big relief

forgrim

So does VIT0 still work in the western version? I'm reading conflicting things.

I know it's fixed in Japan, but they're way deeper in than we are so I'm hoping they'll at least wait until the same point. (Or alternatively, give is the QoL updates that we still don't have earlier.)

Just vit0d the boss for clouds memory crystal...so it works

Red Mage

I've done vit0 probably 15 times total since T-rex/ultimecia FFVIII event

I'm used to getting it up quickly, then I used it on Aster Protoflorian (elite) in FFXIII dungeon for Cloud's memory crystal

Didn't work, thought I missed a step... S/L and reloaded the fight, didn't work somehow?

I was using Vanille friend summon

edit: I chalked it up to some unique boss mechanics that interfere with vit0 glitch, I'll let the subreddit figure it out, I'm too greedy with my stamina lol

You don't even need it for that battle though. Retaliate + Cecil Friend summon = six misses on cloud and and then him wailing on the thing six times in retaliation. It was the most one-sided Elite I'd done yet, lol.

You don't even need it for that battle though. Retaliate + Cecil Friend summon = six misses on cloud and and then him wailing on the thing six times in retaliation. It was the most one-sided Elite I'd done yet, lol.

Hahaha I didn't even think about retaliate. I kind of want to redo the fight just to see that. :D

Got Tyro's second materia. Is the bonus good for magic...the wording uses the word attack? 20 percent vulnerability to weaknesses is huge on a mage. 5000 dmg becomes times say 10 spells is 10000 more damage.

Razmos

Lmao at the login bonus. I was like "Giant Scarletite huh, nice, I bet I got like 3 or something"
10 Giant Scarletite, 10!

Also I had only just unlocked the FFXII realm when I was looking through my inventory at my FFXII equips. I have a dagger, a spear, a sword and a staff, and I was thinking "I wish I had a Rod for full party synergy".

And then I remembered that I hadn't done my common relic draw yet. Lo and Behold I got a 3* FFXII Rod, lol.

Haha I didn't pay attention to the FoG login and then I just hit "collect all" like I normally do. Tried to do a dungeon and my inventory was full of those scarletites. XD

I don't have anything to upgrade and I don't want to sell them so I expanded my slots.

BTW, got Tyro's second record materia. Which would be better on Vivi? His Rod boost or this one?

Depends if you are going after a boss with a vulnerability that you can load up on or a boss with no vulnerabilities or dailies that you can't cover all the bases. Though your firaja is likely hitting a vulnerable boss for the cap regardless so it might be better to run devotion to take out the trash.

Roto13

Lmao at the login bonus. I was like "Giant Scarletite huh, nice, I bet I got like 3 or something"
10 Giant Scarletite, 10!

I wish I hadn't claimed that. :p MAxed out my inventory. Spent a couple of mythril to expand it and do a 3 relic draw, hoping for a weapon to use it on, ended up with three armours. Bwah.

Two 4* and a 3*. Combining them with that I already had, I actually have a 6* and 5* now. So that's not so bad. Still had to waste a bunch of huge scarletites on them. :p

Razmos

I think Tyro's vulnerability record materia would be better put on a Spellblade character. I cap with magic quite easily, but spellblades usually do around 6000-7000 damage against a vulnerable enemy

I think somebody already mentioned this but I went back to the Nymph fight in the IX event because I missed mastery the first time around.

She died in two hits. o_O

I brought along a DK Cecil friend summon to fulfill the darkness requirement and didn't even have a chance to use it. I did a s/l before she faded out so I could use Cecil. This time the battle was normal.

Weird bug.

Roto13

I think somebody already mentioned this but I went back to the Nymph fight in the IX event because I missed mastery the first time around.

She died in two hits. o_O

I brought along a DK Cecil friend summon to fulfill the darkness requirement and didn't even have a chance to use it. I did a s/l before she faded out so I could use Cecil. This time the battle was normal.

Weird bug.

Zantetsuken probably procced.

Yup. Happened to me.

forgrim

Are there any important memory crystals to rush for in this update ie white and black mage? I know clouds is on ffxiii elite stage. Just wondering which levels to rush (irvine and Fran are available, also important characters

Razmos

Considering i'm playing FFVII at the moment, I'm really surprised at how good the Materia system is in that game.

I wonder if there will ever be Record Materia that allows a character to attack from range with a melee weapon, or one that causes spells to hit all opponents. There's already precedence for that one with Bards record materia, so it could happen right?

Also the Garamsythe Waterway dungeon is giving me flashbacks. FFXII is the only game that could open with one of the worst Sewer Levels in recent memory and still turn out to be a good game.

If you have him already, check out his skills: we start with the updated Irvine!

Yeah, he is filling in the wakka role for me now, great support with useable combat skills. He'll also come in handy with the level the status spells to fulfill a boss requirementand leave the mages to more important things. Bummer he can only use daggers and we don't even get a rudimentary gun out of any of this. Great for those of you who pulled danjuros, not for us non blessed.

Wait, the festival of gold daily login event lasts for another 2 weeks? Is there another page of goodies?
I hope it loops the page back but I can see it just vanishing completely.

Are there any important memory crystals to rush for in this update ie white and black mage? I know clouds is on ffxiii elite stage. Just wondering which levels to rush (irvine and Fran are available, also important characters
Have a peek at the roadmap (click the dungeons tab for individual info on rewards etc). Bard if you've level capped them.

Man it's slow going doing the classic dungeons now you only get 1 stamina per dungeon.

Also I think some of these Elite bosses could be a bit troublesome. The classic ones and that boss rush dungeon in IX (not the event one) the bosses certainly have a decent amount of HP on those alone. And not forgetting status affects like silence and blind is in effect too.

Weird how they'd give Vivi again, despite the current event still playing out.

Balphon

Man it's slow going doing the classic dungeons now you only get 1 stamina per dungeon.

Also I think some of these Elite bosses could be a bit troublesome. The classic ones and that boss rush dungeon in IX (not the event one) the bosses certainly have a decent amount of HP on those alone. And not forgetting status affects like silence and blind is in effect too.

Weird how they'd give Vivi again, despite the current event still playing out.

The Bomb at the end of the first FFIX elite painting has easily 5 or more times as much HP as it had in the boss rush. I actually couldn't stop it from exploding.

Vivi is included because he is supposed to be regularly available and they didn't want to lock people out of getting him.

The Bomb at the end of the first FFIX elite painting has easily 5 or more times as much HP as it had in the boss rush. I actually couldn't stop it from exploding.

Vivi is included because he is supposed to be regularly available and they didn't want to lock people out of getting him.

Yeah it had loads more in Classic too. I was like "I'm sure this should be dead by now". IN fact another 1 or 2 goes and I think he'd have exploded. Not looking forward to Elite if that's the case. I'll have to make sure I have a shit ton of Ice attacks ready.

Nohar

I see we got new Irvine, which is very nice. Sadly, he is still utterly useless unless someone manages to get a good Gun weapon (or, better, his unique weapon). Being restricted to daggers and guns make him impossible to use in most scenarii.

@StMeph: Black Mage, bar none.

Balphon

Yeah it had loads more in Classic too. I was like "I'm sure this should be dead by now". IN fact another 1 or 2 goes and I think he'd have exploded. Not looking forward to Elite if that's the case. I'll have to make sure I have a shit ton of Ice attacks ready.

The explosion only hits for ~1000 (it doesn't seem to be a factor of the bomb's HP) and Steiner is still much weaker than in the event, so you should be fine. You'll lose the three medals but there's still enough for mastery. In fact, you may be more likely to get those by just going ham on Steiner and ignoring the bomb.

To better prioritize memory crystal unlocks and growth egg usage, who has the most useful materia?

It's Black Mage, but keep in mind you'll need to clear an 80 difficulty painting with him in the group and surviving to get it.

Razmos

The explosion only hits for ~1000 (it doesn't seem to be a factor of the bomb's HP) and Steiner is still much weaker than in the event, so you should be fine. You'll lose the three medals but there's still enough for mastery. In fact, you may be more likely to get those by just going ham on Steiner and ignoring the bomb.
I saw a strategy on Reddit for the elite saying that you should cast Slow on the bomb to delay it exploding, burst down Steiner, then use Sentinel Grimoire friend summon when the bomb has used Grow twice. It will do barely any damage to you, and will damage Steiner.

Shahadan

Seriously though if you just started don't expect to face any difficulty until late normals or Elites
The first batch of them anyway. I think there have been like three dungeon updates since the game started.

IIRC some FFVI and FFIV elites (and even normals for some) were a pain in the ass. As a regular rule, unless it's the heroic daily or you're underleveld, you should be able to auto attack monsters just fine

Shahadan

Does Black Waltz 2 counter all elemental attacks or just magical ones?

Guess I'll find out. :p

It was magic attacks in the original game iirc? Like, he would counter if Vivi used magic but didn't if Steiner attacked with a magic blade
I wonder if he doesn't attack Garnet when she's in the party :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom