• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Seriously though if you just started don't expect to face any difficulty until late normals or Elites
The first batch of them anyway. I think there have been like three dungeon updates since the game started.

IIRC some FFVI and FFIV elites (and even normals for some) were a pain in the ass. As a regular rule, unless it's the heroic daily or you're underleveld, you should be able to auto attack monsters just fine

:smugface:

Balphon

I saw a strategy on Reddit for the elite saying that you should cast Slow on the bomb to delay it exploding, burst down Steiner, then use Sentinel Grimoire friend summon when the bomb has used Grow twice. It will do barely any damage to you, and will damage Steiner.

The unmitigated explosion didn't even kill level 22 Irvine so it wasn't that crucial to prepare for it. The only concern would be losing medals, but the painting isn't hard enough for that to be a big issue.

Slow is a good idea if you're going to try to kill it before it explodes though. The thing has at least 50k HP and explodes on its fifth turn I believe.

Just vit0d the boss for clouds memory crystal...so it works
Awesome, thanks. :)

I see we got new Irvine, which is very nice. Sadly, he is still utterly useless unless someone manages to get a good Gun weapon (or, better, his unique weapon). Being restricted to daggers and guns make him impossible to use in most scenarii.

@StMeph: Black Mage, bar none.
I think he's pretty useful as a support character, he's like the FFVIII version of Wakka in this game, but you're right that we do need better access to some gun weapons. They should of at least given us one as a dungeon reward or something.

Razmos

Speaking of dungeon rewards, are there any 4* core class soul break items in this set of dungeons? Love those things. Do they continue to add those through dungeons? or do we have all of them now?

thedan001

Speaking of dungeon rewards, are there any 4* core class soul break items in this set of dungeons? Love those things. Do they continue to add those through dungeons? or do we have all of them now?

The last time I've seen something like this was Knight's Helm around the 2nd dungeon update, nothing in 3rd/4th

There are more core classes coming our way tho, no idea if they also come with 4* soul break gear

edit: forgot to mention I'm excited for Samurai, be cool setting up a full core team with retaliate samurai w/ decked out weapon to make up for mediocre damage output from this party lol

All the currently available Core Class characters except Warrior and Tyro have had their SB relics released as dungeon rewards already. And since Tyro's are 5* and Warrior was a promo character, they're a bit different. (Warrior still hasn't been re-released in Japan, and hasn't gotten any Crystals/RMs yet either.)

I imagine when we get more Core Class characters we'll get more SB relic dungeon rewards for them.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh wow, I love the switch in music at the Missile base to Only a Plank between One and Perdition.

I am a little disappointed they didn't use The Mission for the Garden part though I guess I understand since they skipped the finding Cid part.

Also ew at their laziness using Magitek facility for FH.

Pejo

That bomb/Steiner elite is no joke. I had to burn pretty much every ability I had just to get rid of the bomb before it exploded.

I think I'm finally hitting the wall that shows me I need to start Orb farming and honing up all of my skills. While I can still 1shot early trash with my melee team, the stages with multiple bosses and tougher enemies are making the final bosses really drag. I'm supremely glad they extended the number of turns you can use before losing stars.

Looks like i'll be burning through and collecting characters/MC's, then taking off a whole week to just orb farm and hone. I definitely see why mages are favored in the JP version from this point on though. Melee just hits too soft. It's a shame too, because most of my favorite characters are melee.

Wazzy

Banned
It's interesting that XII's music transitions into the battles. You would think they would do the same for the other FF's like VII and VIII who had different battle themes for the area.

Razmos

I think I just answered my own question about weapons with light elemental increases. Kain equipped with the trident was doing around 2000 damage with Attack on enemies in Barheim Passage (XII), until he hit the Battery Mimic's which are weak to ice, doing 3000 damage. It didn't come up saying "Vulnerable" but I think it does count.

Balphon

That bomb/Steiner elite is no joke. I had to burn pretty much every ability I had just to get rid of the bomb before it exploded.

I think I'm finally hitting the wall that shows me I need to start Orb farming and honing up all of my skills. While I can still 1shot early trash with my melee team, the stages with multiple bosses and tougher enemies are making the final bosses really drag. I'm supremely glad they extended the number of turns you can use before losing stars.

Looks like i'll be burning through and collecting characters/MC's, then taking off a whole week to just orb farm and hone. I definitely see why mages are favored in the JP version from this point on though. Melee just hits too soft. It's a shame too, because most of my favorite characters are melee.

I really think you're better off letting it explode. It won't come close to killing you even if you take it unmitigated, so you can just friend summon Tyro and defend until it blows up and it will hardly hurt at all.

thedan001

I went YOLO with 5 mythril I just got from clearing dungeons trying to get Celes's sword, since the banner expires in less than 2 hours

Got Guard Stick, well okay!

I went YOLO with 5 mythril I just got from clearing dungeons trying to get Celes's sword, since the banner expires in less than 2 hours

Got Guard Stick, well okay!

Grats! I want Celes's sword so bad... I must NOT spend money on pulls, must not, must not... 55 minutes to hold on for! This weapon will not be back for months and months... 54 minutes to go, doing good!

Edit: made it, only tried with my 5 last Mythrils and I got a shitty 3* that I don't need (already have a 3++ version of it that I will never use). I hate how the freakin relics not in banners are at 0.01% or something...

Roto13

It's interesting that XII's music transitions into the battles. You would think they would do the same for the other FF's like VII and VIII who had different battle themes for the area.

XII doesn't really have battle themes, though. Just for boss battles.

B.K.

Really need a FFXI realm so I can hear those sweet Naoshi Mizuta battle themes!

I don't think we'll get any Final Fantasy XI dungeons. There's so much story with all the nation stories, expansions, and add-ons that there would be more paintings for XI than all the other games combined.

B.K.

I just did an 11 pull off Garnet's banner.

uH3Genz.jpg

Wazzy

Banned
XII doesn't really have battle themes, though. Just for boss battles.
Oh I know. I'm just saying it's interesting they can just follow right into the battle when there's a couple parts in RK that could have been better doing the same thing.
Thank you Giant's Axe for making these remaining FFV elites extremely easy.

I can't wait to give him his hat. :)
Hah nice! I never actually pulled Irvines hat so he'll be incomplete for me. :(

Hah nice! I never actually pulled Irvines hat so he'll be incomplete for me. :(
Knowing your luck, you'll get it from the Squall banner along with every other FFVIII relic. :)

I got both of those 5*'s from single pulls. They're good. Except that coat's soul break is almost certainly crap compared to the basic soul break of whoever you're putting it on.
I think it would be a good piece of armor for Terra or Vanille if you don't have their SB gear. Terra's base SB is terrible. (Rydia would be another one too.)

Wazzy

Banned
It's actual fairly bad armor for the fixed version of Irvine.

I typically have Vivi wearing it. I kinda wish it made his sprite change.
I know, I'm just a huge VIII fan and want all the gear. :p

It would be amazing if Vivi had his cowboy hat on.
Knowing your luck, you'll get it from the Squall banner along with every other FFVIII relic. :)

I think it would be a good piece of armor for Terra or Vanille if you don't have their SB gear. Terra's base SB is terrible. (Rydia would be another one too.)
Here's hoping! I should have 4 11 pulls saved for Squalls banner. :D

B.K.

I got both of those 5*'s from single pulls. They're good. Except that coat's soul break is almost certainly crap compared to the basic soul break of whoever you're putting it on.

The worst thing about that pull is that other than those 5* items and that 4* hammer, I've already got duplicates of everything else in that pull. I guess I'll be combining and making some more + gear.

Roto13

The worst thing about that pull is that other than those 5* items and that 4* hammer, I've already got duplicates of everything else in that pull. I guess I'll be combining and making some more + gear.

Nothing wrong with that. :p I love getting duplicates for that reason. My 5* can all be fake, I'm not fancy.

Balphon

Anyone else notice that Arc's sprite has a white robe on, rather than his freelancer outfit?

Yeah. Lenna isn't a white mage by default either.

Refia is in her monk outfit as well, it's just a little less overt.

EDIT: More to the point, the game seems to be sticking the FF3 and FF5 casts into the same distinct jobs:

Freelancer: Luneth, Butz
White Mage: Arc, Lenna
Monk: Refia, Galuf

Don't think JP has Ingus, Faris or Krile yet.

Anyone else notice that Arc's sprite has a white robe on, rather than his freelancer outfit?

EDIT: More to the point, the game seems to be sticking the FF3 and FF5 casts into the same distinct jobs:

Yeah, protags as Freelancers, other characters as a job that suits them. Pretty cool IMO. (They actually had a Knight sprite for Bartz early on, but they went with Freelancer.)

Ingus and Faris have sprites made (Faris actually has two sets) but have not been released yet. No Krile yet IIRC.

Balphon

Now that I'm looking at it closely I think Luneth's sprite is his Warrior outfit. Still, the archetypes remain pretty much the same.

Ugh these stam shards are so stingy. How are people already done all of the dungeons? xD
Mythril refills and crazy time schedules I think.

I'm gonna take my time with the dungeons. I don't feel there's any rush yet. We're not on the every two week schedule Japan currently is.

TheGatsby

Ahh didn't notice Refia. I thought it was her freelancer outfit cause it's a similar color scheme. I figured if they were going to do something like that it would have been Ingus: red mage, Arc: black mage, Refia: white mage as that was what they've shown in the III cg opening

Wazzy

Banned
Mythril refills and crazy time schedules I think.

I'm gonna take my time with the dungeons. I don't feel there's any rush yet. We're not on the every two week schedule Japan currently is.

That's true! I just want them done so I can finish boss rush from Garnet elite and then prepare for Squall event(if it ends up not him I'll be super disappointed) by getting Irvine levelled up and maybe even have enough mythril for a 5th 11 pull.

Roto13

I only have like one dungeon and one boss left for Classics. I haven't used any mythril or money. :p But I did time those four free stamina shards right.

That's true! I just want them done so I can finish boss rush from Garnet elite and then prepare for Squall event(if it ends up not him I'll be super disappointed) by getting Irvine levelled up and maybe even have enough mythril for a 5th 11 pull.
5th 11 pull....... O____________________________O

You don't mess around! Get it Wazzy. :D

I only have like one dungeon and one boss left for Classics. I haven't used any mythril or money. :p But I did time those four free stamina shards right.
You're also haven't slept in the past 48 hours.

Balphon

Palumpolum should unlock at the same time as the FFVII dungeons. Shinra Cargo Ship is the highest difficulty painting in this set.

Have used about 4-5 mythril recharging stamina over the past couple of days. Have everything opened up and have beaten many elites. Think I'm at 106 1/5 stamina at the moment.

Any idea what and when the next event is?

Have used about 4-5 mythril recharging stamina over the past couple of days. Have everything opened up and have beaten many elites. Think I'm at 106 1/5 stamina at the moment.

Any idea what and when the next event is?
Possibly Squall or a repeat of the Shinra event. The Tidus event ends soon so I'm sure we'll know in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom