• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

I don't think we'll get any Final Fantasy XI dungeons. There's so much story with all the nation stories, expansions, and add-ons that there would be more paintings for XI than all the other games combined.
It's already confirmed that we are getting XI and XIV realms at some point. and XV is a possibility as well.

thedan001

I don't think we'll get any Final Fantasy XI dungeons. There's so much story with all the nation stories, expansions, and add-ons that there would be more paintings for XI than all the other games combined.

It's already confirmed that we are getting XI and XIV realms at some point. and XV is a possibility as well.

I thought ahead and was thinking "What are Mobage/DeNA gonna do when they run out of FF games/dungeons"

They have the potential to keep FFRK going for a good while if they continue giving new content and FFXI, FFXIV, and FFXV would considerably fill those

that, and keep on giving away mythril goodies like candy

also...
If they ever add FF Tactics, I'd lose it

Razmos

I thought ahead and was thinking "What are Mobage/DeNA gonna do when they run out of FF games/dungeons"

They have the potential to keep FFRK going for a good while if they continue giving new content and FFXI, FFXIV, and FFXV would considerably fill those

that, and keep on giving away mythril goodies like candy

also...
If they ever add FF Tactics, I'd lose it
Not to mention if they keep adding sequels like After Years, X-2, Revenant Wings and the Lightning Saga. There could easily be a Type-0 realm as well

Tactics and Type-0 would be easy to implement, their synergy/realm symbols could be T and 0 respectively

Didn't they add some SaGa weapons in Japan recently. That is another source of things.

Oh man just did Command Center Interior 2 on elite. I tried my best to follow this strategy (retailiate and taunt) as I was slightly worse off with abilities (not enough double hits) and it took a fair amount of S/L for me. I was able to do it without spending Mythril (which I was more than prepared to do considering the rewards of a 5* orb and firaja spell).

Plus I had to cheese the RNG for the friend summon by running the first room of Fabul Castle to reset the list.

I think I'll give operation control a miss (especially as I didn't master it in classic and am now not sure if the rewards or black and power orbs are worth the stamina).

TheContact

So I don't see the new ffix realms and it says I need to beat fishermans horizon in the announcement page but there's no fishermans horizon option in ff8. How do I get that?

Razmos

I think I may have found out the source. I went through all the dungeons and found out I had one in V not completed. Going through those now and it'll probbaly lead me to fishermans horizon in 8.
Yeah, I think FFV was the last dungeon in the previous update.

Off topic but what (if any) other games are there similar to this that are good? This is the very first game of this type that I've ever tried and I only did so because I'm a huge FF nerd.

I need something to kill the time between stamina refills. :D

Is Brave Frontier any good?

chaosyn

Woke up to this for my common relic draw.

UUpHzJbl.png

Was shocked, I haven't seen anything higher than 2* prior to this on the daily pulls.

Red Mage

Anyone know what the update on the play store does?

Yeah. Lenna isn't a white mage by default either.

Refia is in her monk outfit as well, it's just a little less overt.

EDIT: More to the point, the game seems to be sticking the FF3 and FF5 casts into the same distinct jobs:

Freelancer: Luneth, Butz
White Mage: Arc, Lenna
Monk: Refia, Galuf

Don't think JP has Ingus, Faris or Krile yet.

Luneth is in a warrior outfit.

Roto13

Too hard up for non elemental orbs not to spend today doing dailies. Also I haven't completed today's dailies for mythril yet, since I focused on the festival of gold last Saturday. Worth it.

Five star free relics are crazy rare. Way to go.

Wazzy

Banned
So I don't see the new ffix realms and it says I need to beat fishermans horizon in the announcement page but there's no fishermans horizon option in ff8. How do I get that?
You have to beat the new VIII paintings until FH is unlocked which then if you beat, IX and XII open up. First new painting should be D-District prison.

Maybe this has been answered before, but is there a reason why this game won't work on 4G, only on wifi?

If I make the initial (loading screen) connection on wifi and switch to 4G I can keep playing just fine. But whenever I try to start up the game solely on 4G it says my device is not connected to the internet.

I want Valefor so bad, but I'm getting my ass kicked using a party around the 45 range. Don't even bother to use Wakka, barely have weapons for him =/.

Pejo

I am having the hardest time deciding if I want to try out either of the two current boss rushes. There is so much to do already in the game, and the only things i'd really be aiming for are the summons. Then I think about how often I actually use summons and it just doesn't seem worth it. I'm just scared some future strategy is going to hinge on having a rank 2 carbuncle or something, and then i'll be kicking myself for not trying harder to get it.

If you guys had to pick one of the boss rushes to try, which would you go for? My abilities aren't terribly honed, and I guess i'd be ok burning a mythril if it guaranteed a win.

MicH

My daily pull netted me a 3* Claymore! That's twice in a row I'm getting 3* from that free pull!

I then did 3 pulls on Garnet's banner and git utter trash :(

Regarding Brave Frontier, I have played it since April and I love it. Very Puzzle and Dragons like but with classic RPG battles. Really cool. A ton of stuff to do too!

What are my odds of beating the IX event boss rush without Vit0 or the retaliate strategy?

I beat it without using any of those strategies. Between spellblade and black magic, most bosses go down pretty easy. I used growth eggs to leave Vivi and Garnet about 5000 xp from leveling up so that they could have their abilities refresh during the boss rush. Overall it wasn't too much of a challenge compared to other events.

Razmos

I like the character interactions with Vivi, Garnet and Steiner in the Steiner/Bomb fight.

And then an interaction with Garnet in the Black Waltz 2 fight.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can't find any reliable information about Memory Crystals online. Which crystals are available right now, where are they, and do I need the character in question in my party to get them? Do they need to be level 50 for me to get them from random drops? Thanks. Everything I find online is master lists for all 9999999 characters for current Japanese content.

Roto13

I can't find any reliable information about Memory Crystals online. Which crystals are available right now, where are they, and do I need the character in question in my party to get them? Do they need to be level 50 for me to get them from random drops? Thanks. Everything I find online is master lists for all 9999999 characters for current Japanese content.

You can tell whose memory crystal is available by looking at the Memory Crystal list under Party.

They are earned the same way you earn Stamina Shards, as dungeon rewards. You don't need the character in your party to get them. They don't drop randomly and your character only has to be level 50 to use them, not to find them.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You can tell whose memory crystal is available by looking at the Memory Crystal list under Party.

They are earned the same way you earn Stamina Shards, as dungeon rewards. You don't need the character in your party to get them. They don't drop randomly and your character only has to be level 50 to use them, not to find them.

Danke!

Balphon

I can't find any reliable information about Memory Crystals online. Which crystals are available right now, where are they,

Wakka - Operation Mi'hen - Mushroom Rock Road Plateau (Elite)
Tidus - Operation Mi'hen - Mushroom Rock Road Valley Floor (Elite)
Vivi - The Princess of Alexandria - Ice Cavern Road 2 (Elite)
Garnet - The Princess of Alexandria - Ice Cavern Road 3 (Elite)
Tyro - FFXIII - Gapra Whitewood (Classic)
Cloud - FFXIII - Gapra Whitewood (Elite)
Bard - FFVIII - Missile Base (Elite)
Black Mage - FFIX - Dali Village (Elite)
Rydia - FFIX - Burmecia (Elite)
Ranger - FFXII - Lhusu Mines (Elite)
White Mage - FFIII - Castle Hein (Classic)
Kain - FFIII - Castle Hein (Elite)
Wakka - FFVII - Shinra Cargo Ship (Elite) -- Not sure if it's still there since they gave it to us with the event. Someone with it unlocked can check.

and do I need the character in question in my party to get them? Do they need to be level 50 for me to get them from random drops? Thanks. Everything I find online is master lists for all 9999999 characters for current Japanese content.

No and no. They are dungeon rewards and don't drop randomly. You will need the character in the party with their level cap broken to get their record materia to drop, however.

TheGatsby

so much content with so little stamina! I haven't done any of the dailies either because it was this time last week that i dropped everything to start farming festival of gold. Dat mythril is calling out to me. But so are the memory crystals

Road

Aster Protoflorian has got to be one of the most stupid target scores. Instead of "explore lightning weakness" they should just write "artificially extend the battle for 10 minutes".

Anyway, nice to have Cloud back in my party without that feeling of wasted experience. Now I can use him to farm non-elemental orbs...

RivalCore

Just finished the Lhusu Mines elite. Christ that was exhausting! I don't know how much HP they all had, but I exhausted literally every ability I had and it came down to me auto'ing back and forth with Ba'Gamnan while spamming Shield and Seal Evil. And hoping for the best.

Aster Protoflorian has got to be one of the most stupid target scores. Instead of "explore lightning weakness" they should just write "artificially extend the battle for 10 minutes".
It never landed on the lightning weak phase for me and I really hated how the text about what phase it has gone into appeared for a nanosecond (at battle speed 1 even...) so I thought "either I lose medals for damage taken or I just finish the fight and lose the lightning weakness medals".

Razmos

Lmao at the dungeon info for the first FFIII dungeon from this update.
"Maybe studying Medusa in lore will help you figure out her weakness..."

Homework? the game expects me to do homework on a greek monster? This fucking game man.

Negator

Completed all the dungeons on normal, went back and got Ranger's Record Materia. Put them both in Zanarkand normal until their RM dropped. Ranger was fast, but Bard took GODDAMN FOREVER

Balphon

Lmao at the dungeon info for the first FFIII dungeon from this update.
"Maybe studying Medusa in lore will help you figure out her weakness..."

Homework? the game expects me to do homework on a greek monster? This fucking game man.

I think that is meant to imply that the thing is vulnerable to Break, which makes me think that they didn't actually read the myth themselves.

Razmos

Yikes at the Molten Cave dungeon (III) not giving a Stamina Shard OR a Mythril. that hurt down to my very core.

Castle Hein doesn't give a mythril either, but at least I get the white mage memory crystal :(

I think that is meant to imply that the thing is vulnerable to Break, which makes me think that they didn't actually read the myth themselves.

I equipped Carbuncle ready to go for this one but I thought I'd double check and how wrong I was. Would have been perfect for this boss after just getting it but oh no.

Anyways, there's a shit ton of dungeons to get through. Still on with Classic and then I'll take on the Elites, though I did grab Clouds Break Materia on that 1st FFVII Elite so he can be leveling up in the meantime.

Negator

I forgot which one of the Elite FFXII dungeons had this, but I was getting spammed by Cactites and Cactoids. There are 3 waves and they come in waves of 4/5, and drop 3* Ice/Non Elemental Orbs. Nice alternative spot for if you need those orbs and it's not the daily.

Also Gizamaluke's Grotto boss drops a 2* FFVII rod. As far as I know it's new.

ugh, two bosses that can't be hit by melee attacks?

Yeah, well actually 3 I've come across so far in the latest dungeons. Not too much hassle of you have a few good long range weapons and obviously black magic/summons. Locke/Wakka/Tyro alongside Garnet and Vivi will probs be my team on Elite. No hassle on Classics though without a full long range team.

Roto13

Man, remember waaaaaay back in the first event when everyone was scrambling to build a party capable of fighting a ranged boss? People using the Bard and Ranger and everything. Good times, good times.

Negator

Man, remember waaaaaay back in the first event when everyone was scrambling to build a party capable of fighting a ranged boss? People using the Bard and Ranger and everything. Good times, good times.

Oh god, farming Figaro castle for lightning orbs. We have come so far lol

Roto13

Oh god, farming Figaro castle for lightning orbs. We have come so far lol

Honing Jump for Kain and then never using it again. I saw that the Palumpolum boss was ranged and had flash backs and then I was like "Oh, wait, I have 10 level 40 - 50 mages and summoners, I'm all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom