• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shuriken III is a very random reward in the vii dungeon. One weapon reward and its that, not a base level gun for Irvine or anything else new. Conveniently I already have a shuriken 3+ to get a new max combined 3 star.

Roto13

I've got a Cloud/Rydia/BM/Vivi/Garnet party ready to totally annihilate Hein. Just need BM's actual Crystal lol.

I'm rocking Tyro, Wakka, Terra, Vivi, and Garnet for the ranged boss. Hein didn't really give me any trouble. :p You can hit him with physical attacks, they just miss a lot.

Man, remember waaaaaay back in the first event when everyone was scrambling to build a party capable of fighting a ranged boss? People using the Bard and Ranger and everything. Good times, good times.

"Will blind hit this time!? .... GODDAMIT RUFUS!"

I started that event a few days before it began and it was down to the wire getting Sephiroth.

Razmos

"Will blind hit this time!? .... GODDAMIT RUFUS!"

I started that event a few days before it began and it was down to the wire getting Sephiroth.
Lol yeah. I started the game just a few days before the Sephiroth event was set to end. I still don't know how I managed to finish it all in time.

forgrim

started two weeks ago in earnest, managed to do the tidus boss rush using one mythril, this is a victory in itself for me. now the IX boss rush time!

Red Mage

My luck with pulls is so odd. I do a single pull on all banners, so I did Garnet's today... Got an Emerald Shield (5* FFX). Not complaining about it, it is just so weird. Whenever I do get a 5*, it's not for the banner for it. o_O

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
started two weeks ago in earnest, managed to do the tidus boss rush using one mythril, this is a victory in itself for me. now the IX boss rush time!

You burn a lot of mythril on the festival of gold or something? I've been playing for a month or so and can't do exs yet.

Rolled another 3 items...got 2 fours and a 3. Turned my Gravity Rod into a 5 star. I'm over 35 items pulled now without a native 5.

Think I'm at 107 2/5. Hope to have this complete sometime soon.

What are some of the new quests? Think I'm up to 109 or something like that. Like to know what they are before I start making/honing new stuff...still have some old quests hiding the new stuff (Where are you black orbs?).

Rolled another 3 items...got 2 fours and a 3. Turned my Gravity Rod into a 5 star. I'm over 35 items pulled now without a native 5.

Think I'm at 107 2/5. Hope to have this complete sometime soon.

What are some of the new quests? Think I'm up to 109 or something like that. Like to know what they are before I start making/honing new stuff...still have some old quests hiding the new stuff (Where are you black orbs?).
Quest List for the western version:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/wiki/index/quests

forgrim

You burn a lot of mythril on the festival of gold or something? I've been playing for a month or so and can't do exs yet.

i burned a couple, about 3 and pretty much spent my entire time in the festival. i got a team of 50's (tidus wakka vivi garnet and cloud) and just stuck with them only

Roto13

MceiI6T.jpg

II, VI, and VII next time. Hope we get more XII, too.

I wonder if we'll have to wait a month, or if they'll give them to us faster because these were "late."

Elites should keep me busy for the next week.

I'm gonna put them on hold and grind XP day though. Gotta get people boosted past 50 which will help with Elites too.

thedan001

debating on whether to grind out characters with level cap break to 60's (exp daily today) or keep clearing new dungeons

I havent done Garnet's boss rush either but have few days to do that

Will you miss when blinded if you use Wakkas's Never Miss Materia?
My understanding is it turns the attack command into aim (it says aim when you pull off the attack) so regular attacks won't miss. On the other hand you can still miss if you do skills I guess.

It is worth noting that aim slightly faster and slightly stronger than a regular attack so it has its utility (I gave it to Tidus so I could give haste on critical HP to Garnet which has come in handy).

Doing the EXP daily to raise Vivi and Garnet.

I miss the Festival of Gold. :(

Yea the same. I am leveling up Snow LVL30, Vivi LVL25, Tidus LVL32 and Wakka LVL31 + Tyro LVL46 all at the same time. With some luck I can do one daily Heroic and then retreat and repeat. That or 3 Hard dailies but I prefer Heroic for the challenge.

Tidus, Wakka and Vivi are perms in my team as they have the level cap removed.

Finally got a Runic using RW so I could beat Ice Cavern - Waterfall(Elite). It was still pretty close as I was completely out of abilities (well Vivi having R2 Firaga and R1 Firaja isn't going too far even with runic restoring their uses) bar some cura but sealion was slow and magic broken (it got one tsunami in).

Is it me or were the stages before fairly strict in actions taken there? I lost a medal on each one. Maybe it is to keep you on your toes or ensure you only get mastery if you manage to meet all the conditions.

Now I still need to do Ice Cavern - Icy Path 5(Elite) before the EX stage opens up and I'll probably do the EX tomorrow so I can runic again. I've heard of a boss that opens with party wide blind there but also it being just as easy to wait the status out rather than waste an ability slot on blinda. Any thoughts on waiting vs blinda?

forgrim

Finally got a Runic using RW so I could beat Ice Cavern - Waterfall(Elite). It was still pretty close as I was completely out of abilities (well Vivi having R2 Firaga and R1 Firaja isn't going too far even with runic restoring their uses) bar some cura but sealion was slow and magic broken (it got one tsunami in).

Is it me or were the stages before fairly strict in actions taken there? I lost a medal on each one. Maybe it is to keep you on your toes or ensure you only get mastery if you manage to meet all the conditions.

Now I still need to do Ice Cavern - Icy Path 5(Elite) before the EX stage opens up and I'll probably do the EX tomorrow so I can runic again. I've heard of a boss that opens with party wide blind there but also it being just as easy to wait the status out rather than waste an ability slot on blinda. Any thoughts on waiting vs blinda?

yeah when i did that stage, i didn't realize it was a race at the end so I had no abilities to use and got tsunami'd multiple times. I s/l'd, then saved everything for the end and burned it after one magic broken tsunami

I've heard of a boss that opens with party wide blind there but also it being just as easy to wait the status out rather than waste an ability slot on blinda. Any thoughts on waiting vs blinda?

Silver glasses on retaliator is really all you need, between cloud and vivi your damage output will be sufficient. Also can use tthe blitz eye materia. Do t waste space on blinda imho.

LevelNth

Banned
I don't want to somehow screw up my save game, is there some special trick to enabling record keeper on my iPhone to play the same game as I have currently on my iPad?

Razmos

With one day left of the Tidus event, i thought "Screw it, it gives a 5* accessory! I might as well try"
I wish I hadn't.

FUCK SINSPAWN GENEAUX. Fuck it so hard.

I barely survived beating down the tentacles, what with the constant spam of "sigh" and the constant barrage of the tentacles damaging my party faster than I could heal them.

I finally beat them both and healed up my party ready for the boss to open up. I think "It must get easier from here right?"

Nope. The boss just goes right ahead and uses Venom on my healer, doing 4500 damage (the fuck?) and insta killing her. To add insult to injury, she was poisoned as well for a split second before she just dropped dead.

"Well shit" I think. Well it can't have that much health right? lets just burst it down and I can use a Mythril after to bring my party back.
So then the fucker decided to use Barrage, doing 1500 damage to my entire party who were already weak from the Sigh spam, killing everyone except Tidus who's clinging on, who then gets finished off with Water. A fucking double powered Sigh? really?!

Fuck this boss and whoever decided to massively inflate the stats of an already annoying gimmick boss to ridiculous levels.

What an awful, awful idea for a fight. and then to have to fight another superboss right after? screw this event, I'll be glad to see it gone.

We need another Flan/FoG type event to gain more XP. The daily just ain't cutting it and I have a lot of guys to level up especially now they can break past 50.

Also just got my best ever 11 pull. 2 5* weapons and Garnets staff. Very happy with that. The odd 4* but mainly 3* stuff. Although a few I can combine and make better and perhaps another 5* in the Shuriken which was one of the random weapons you get as a reward in one of the new dungeons. So it's all good.

RivalCore

Some of these new elite paintings are becoming crazy in terms of hp and ability drains. I'm not entirely sure how you're supposed to beat them without a well-honed cache of high level magic and well equipped casters. I just finished the Havoic Skytank and I had to use a mythril since the previous boss ate up too much of my magic, and even then I got lucky with a plus 2 ability card. Feels like physical damage is becoming redundant (Vit0 and retaliate aside) quite fast.

What is a bizarre I feel is that the XP daily you have 90% of the enemies that are null to magic except non elemental. For an arena to level up in, having a fair few spells unable to have any effect is frustrating.

Road

Less than 4 hours left for me to beat the FFX struggle. Starting to consider VIT0 cheat because I'm pretty sure I won't make it with what I have based on the individual fights. If only we could have 4 friend summons (without having to use Mythril)...

Decided to update the app (was still using the old version) and while the bigger font is welcome, it broke the layout in a few places. Also, that frame border is completely unnecessary (Japan doesn't have it).

Check the bottom of Garnet's stats and Wakka's HP.

What is a bizarre I feel is that the XP daily you have 90% of the enemies that are null to magic except non elemental. For an arena to level up in, having a fair few spells unable to have any effect is frustrating.

Time for Bladeblitz to shine. If you have anyone that can reach 220 atk, with Boost you can easily wipe things out.

Mages will have to wait until Ruinga.

TheGatsby

Yeah it's pretty frustrating when I decided to use Terra as a friend summon and 2/3rds of the mobs either null or absorb fire damage.

It's also frustrating in the 90+ difficulty VII elites where the trash is all immune to quake. Quake is difficult to get the mats to craft and hone. Why punish us for going through the effort of doing it :(

Having spent almost all day in the XP dungeons, I don't feel like I've really got any where :( I guess Flans/FoG was just too good. Clouds only level 53 after today from 50.

Of the four enemies, only one is actually null to all magic. (The devil looking guy.) The other ones have various weaknesses. (Except the mage dude, but he can still be hurt by magic.)

Road

Gonna try FFX struggle now. Wish me luck.

Having spent almost all day in the XP dungeons, I don't feel like I've really got any where :( I guess Flans/FoG was just too good. Clouds only level 53 after today from 50.

I don't think anything will ever compare to festival of gold. And that makes me sad.

FoG and Sunday have the same xp/stamina (around 60k/15). The big difference is you got a lot of gil.

I think the fact the enemies were much easier gives a "placebo effect" and you think you're not leveling up as much.

Red Mage

Gonna try FFX struggle now. Wish me luck.

FoG and Sunday have the same xp/stamina (around 60k/15). The big difference is you got a lot of gil.

I think the fact the enemies were much easier gives a "placebo effect" and you think you're not leveling up as much.

Not really. FoG required less stamina, making it morexp per sstamina.

Easier enemies were defo a bonus. Meant you could take less people with you in a group to level up the 2 or 3 you wanted, rather than have to take a pretty much full team full of lots of magic resistance in the daily.

Changed garnet with her Ramuh SB as my friend summon. See if I get much use from her, especially as some new bosses have lots of lightning weakness'.

I just gave up on Safety Bit and Valefor, I just don't have enough FFX gear and multi use abilities to carry me past the stupid tentacles in the first fight and the respawning enemies in the second.

Razmos

Oh my word, getting Black Mage and White Mage's second materia in Hein Castle and Burmecia respectively was one of the most satisfying experiences in this game so far.

completing Castle Hein is just like: BM 2nd Record Materia, Large Scarletite, Stamina Shard, Mythril, Kain Memory Crystal! all at once.
And then in Burmecia you get WM's 2nd Record Materia, Rydia's Memory Crystal AND a Major White Orb, as well as the Stamina Shard and Mythril.

Just so many good stuff from both dungeons. Especially when you do other dungeons where Memory Crystals and stuff usually replace the Stamina Shard or Mythril.

On that note, today I broke the level caps of Black Mage and Kain, got the second Materia of both Black Mage and White Mage, completed all the classics, and reached 4 million gil. Pretty good for one day. Love the record materia, so damn useful already.

Havoc Skytank is gonna be a bitch on elite, I can already tell.

Shouldn't the next event be announced now if it was coming today/tomorrow? I don't mind having a bit of time to get stuff done I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom