• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to see what the next relic banner is. I just got enough for my next 11 pull. Unless it's Balthier or Squall I think I'll just blow it on the current ff9 one.

Negator

MAN these BM/WM Record Materia 2 are GAMECHANGERS!

I can Protectga and Heal every round and it isn't wasted! I can actually cast my black magic on trash! This is glorious!

Road

Tidus event struggle mastered with 10 min left to spare. No mythril. No VIT0.

But fail me for miscalculating the level up, which didn't happen. And for casting Firaga on Cloud once near the end of the Sinspawn Gui fight (that retaliate muscle memory). haha

Deciding if I will do the Garnet event struggle or level up for the rest of the day, since I'm tired from today's emotions -- beat the last three elites for Tidus event and the last elite for Garnet.

And I still have all the new dungeons, of which I only did the first to get Tyro and Cloud's memory crystal. I wouldn't mind if they didn't announce an event today and gave me a few days to catch up.

Not really. FoG required less stamina, making it morexp per sstamina.

No, fog it was the standard 3/5/10/15 stamina per stage.

Edit: Oh, god. Squall event announced. I guess I can just not sleep for this week.

dy9Jo2TRsmdHlVFwveZAC79yCJUAZuPztuFJb5iAGrw=w483-h858-no

Red Mage

Tidus event struggle mastered with 10 min left to spare. No mythril. No VIT0.

But fail me for miscalculating the level up, which didn't happen. And for casting Firaga on Cloud once near the end of the Sinspan Gui fight (that retaliate muscle memory). haha

Deciding if I will do the Garnet event struggle or level up for the rest of the day, since I'm tired from today's emotions -- beat the last three elites for Tidus event and the last elite for Garnet.

And I still have all the new dungeons, of which I only did the first to get Tyro and Cloud's memory crystal. I wouldn't mind if they didn't announce an event today and gave me a few days to catch up.

No, fog it was the standard 3/5/10/15 stamina per stage.

There was something different about my. Might've dropped more eggs or something.

Edit

No, FoG definitely gave more xp. Like 65k to daily's 54k.

Roto13

Squall event. Think I'll do a 50 pull to try to get his weapon. And I'm sure Irvine's gun will be in the pool, too.

Have 124 mythril now, only having completed one of the new Elites.

Wazzy

Banned
My goal for Squall event is to beat it, get Squall and egg him to 65 after acquiring his RM, I'll then use all my mythril for the pulls and hope for the best. lol

thedan001

7mmhdAel.jpg

I'm already working on my mage line-up

Vivi, Rinoa, Vanille, Terra and Tyro

Vanille is a bonus because she can heal and nuke, plus her regular soul break is aoe deshell, so uber
Tyro for shield book and mental breakdown + paralyze or whatever other break needed
Aerith is a great alternative, she can use 3* black magic and Kirin. I have her Guard Stick as well, but Vanille benefits me better
I wish I pulled Terra's Enhancer but Gaia Blade will have to do, she nuke's hard even with a mage sword

I am currently working on making 3 or 4 of each aga spell up to R3, so I plan to mythril refill stamina the next 2 black orb dailies
I havn't finished Garnet's event but there's a 4 star Magic Armlet accessory I'm excited to get also

I'm open to ideas with full mage teams

I've got enough orbs to hone Phoenix. Sort of tempting.

It's a revive + fire aoe so has more utility than a regular summon

thedan001

^ Switch out Tyro for Garnet. Better stats and can be a combo White Mage/Summoner.

I've considered it, my reasoning is I wanted this 5 mage party to perform better than my retaliate meta set up team, and after trail and error during the new dungeon elite clears, I really needed abilities such as Paralyze, Power Break, Mental Breakdown, and some random others to win out retaliate meta

so in the end, Tyro's master-all abilities ended up way too useful to kick him out

edit: and the plus side I can pick any friend sumon instead of restorting to Tyro's shield book because mage's struggle with HP during select boss fights
doesn't matter either way, quake spam is enough to get you to elite boss with RM2 then you can just friend summon Tyro @ boss. I just like versatility, Terra can use Dark Buster and Intimidate but none of break abilities

other misc info:

elites bosses with around 200-215 magic stat and RM equipped
3* aga nuke normally take in 5k without any mental break, 7500 with vulnerability
4* aja nuke is always 9999 with vulnerability, about 7500-8500 without vulnerability, both without mental break

mental break adds about 1500 damage give or take
mental breakdown adds more than 2k

so mental break with 8 uses should last for the entire boss rush

I like to put black mage RM2 with quake/-aja mage
Rod User RM on Vivi
and Devotion RM on Terra since she has the defense to give up

I've considered it, my reasoning is I wanted this 5 mage party to perform better than my retaliate meta set up team, and after trail and error during the new dungeon elite clears, I really needed abilities such as Paralyze, Power Break, Mental Breakdown, and some random others to win out retaliate meta

so in the end, Tyro's master-all abilities ended up way too useful to kick him out

edit: and the plus side I can pick any friend sumon instead of restorting to Tyro's shield book because mage's struggle with HP during select boss fights

other misc info:

elites bosses with around 200-215 magic stat
3* aga nuke normally take in 5k without any mental break, 7500 with vulnerability
4* aja nuke is always 9999 with vulnerability, about 7500-8500 without vulnerability, both without mental break

mental break adds about 1500 damage give or take
mental breakdown adds more than 2k

so mental break with 8 uses should last for the entire boss rush
Don't forget Terra and Rinoa can use support skills so they could bring Intimidate and Mental Breakdown. And eventually we'll get Power Breakdown too, I believe. Then Garnet can bring Protectga. I was thinking Vivi and Vanille as pure Black Mages, Garnet White Mage with Summoner backup as needed, and Terra and Rinoa as auxiliaries, swapping skills that suit the particular dungeon, and acting as your trash killers since you have good weapons for them. (Vanille can also be your backup White Mage if you need Garnet to focus on Summoning.)

Tyro is extremely versatile, but he's got wretched stats. Just something to think about.

thedan001

Don't forget Terra and Rinoa can use support skills so they could bring Intimidate and Mental Breakdown.

Tyro is extremely versatile, but he's got wretched stats. Just something to think about.

Breaks are combat, hence none of these mages can use except for Tyro

Tyro's stats are bad but his book adds +96atk, +105magic, and +91mind, so he can actually stand on his own now without sucking

TheGatsby

VII and XIII elites done. rolled a mono mage team for the Havoc Skytank but my abilities were definitely sub-optimal. I had to attempt it twice for mastery :/

Hardly made a dent in III, IX, and XII elites.

Breaks are combat, hence none of these mages can use except for Tyro

Tyro's stats are bad but his book adds +96atk, +105magic, and +91mind, so he can actually stand on his own now without sucking
Breaks are Combat but the stronger Breakdown versions are Support skills.

You do have the Book which is great, I just don't think that alone is enough to keep him. But if it's working for you, more power to you.

Oh crap, never noticed! this is a game changer now!

Thanks for pointing it out, this opens up more things
No problem. If you take out Tyro then only Terra in your party could use them, but since she's your strongest physically, that works anyway. And Rinoa can be on paralyze/blind/poison/etc. duty.

thedan001

No problem. If you take out Tyro then only Terra in your party could use them, but since she's your strongest physically, that works anyway. And Rinoa can be on paralyze/blind/poison/etc. duty.

I'm thinking Vanille can take up Deshell for resistance down and Terra pick up Magic or Power Breakdown if the situation calls for it, just depends on the dungeon/boss

Looks like breakdown's are a big part of mono mage teams, good to know

Im going to check out JP FFRK and see which unreleased characters has 4* black magic and 3* combat now, doubt there is any tho

Edit:
Only 1 worth mentioning is Golbez with 5* black magic and 3* combat, has 135 magic at lv65 compared to Tyro's 87 magic
Another one is Quistis, 4* black, 4* support and can use whips, 132 magic @ lv65
Tellah's relic pull weapon soul break is restore 1 ability for all party members, JP players recommended him for mage teams if you pull his weapon. He is 5* white magic, 4* black magic
Cloud/Squall/Lightning can always fill in a spot for spellblade/break's also if you lack options

There was something different about my. Might've dropped more eggs or something.

Edit

No, FoG definitely gave more xp. Like 65k to daily's 54k.
There is a quite up to date EXP spreadsheet here. You see looking at the NA tab that Sunday does have some variance. It is worth noting FoG did as well. I had some runs where I only got 59k and one which went up to 70k (champion nos).

Yes FoG dropped more eggs (good ones too) as well as gold and materials.

Speaking of daily dungeons. Is it true you get the completion reward each time? At least both of my heroic runs of the Sunday dungeon rewarded 3 growth eggs at the end. If so then I guess full heroic runs are the thing to aim for here (vs the retreat after one) and use the growth eggs on anyone too squishy for that. It is fairly doable using the retaliate meta. If you have a level 50 Cloud it happens you can get him to 243atk which is the baseline for 2HKO (source also baseline 206atk is if using boost).

edit: Of course you get a completion reward each time. It is just nearly all dungeons give you gil instead. So yeah Sunday if you have good attack and retaliate meta go the full run for 30k extra EXP you can use anytime.

Since the Sunday dungeon is still up for me I'll do one more run once I have the stamina then save stamina for FFIX event boss rush. Who knows after that I can go back to doing normal dung...oh FFVIII event.

I am too thinking about swapping Tyro (LVL48) with Garnet (LVL1) because Tyro kind of sucks. But he is my 4th strongest Melee character... but then Garnet can go up to LVL65... decisison, decisions...

God damn I even took my iPad to the office today to play this game. It's like digital crack.

thedan001

I am too thinking about swapping Tyro (LVL48) with Garnet (LVL1) because Tyro kind of sucks. But he is my 4th strongest Melee character... but then Garnet can go up to LVL65... decisison, decisions...

Tyro can be lv65 now as well, idk if you knew

No, I have a HUGE backlog od classic + elite dungeons. In the last 3 weeks I was focusing on Events + Dailies.

Ah okay, it's rough to catch up while several events are up. In this case it was Tidus > FoG > Garnets all at once last weekend, crazy!

MicH

I cannot keep up with all these events. I haven't even finish all the new classic dungeons, not to mention the elites where I've only completed like 10%

Level 1
500 Attack
200 Defense
0 Resistance
No abilities.
Unable to equip any weapon/armor but can equip an accessory.
Always berserk.
I'm wondering if he'll actually be auto-berserk though. Sephiroth isn't despite how he acts when he's in your party in FFVII, and no other character has any sort of special behavior patterns hardwired. I guess they could give him his Record Materia early which enables auto-berserk, and you have to level him up to 50 to unequip it. XD I think he'll probably just act like any other character though, and his Record Materia will give him benefits for being in berserk status. I'm guessing axes, hammers and gloves with access to combat and possibly monk skills.

There is a Berserker Core Class character sprite in the database, so if he ever gets released, we'll probably get a better idea. I just want a yeti.

thedan001

was using this, minus a bit of a rejig in terms of armour for cloud. badly prepared, i admit!

Just wondering if you started playing recently? Because I usually see players using full teams with RM equipped tackling Jenova-BIRTH

If you haven't had the chance to get characters to lv50, that is even more challenging!

Razmos

Huh, I just noticed that in the background while accessing the menu, there are statues of Chaos and Cosmos from Dissidia:
182c84cdd3865c8f1a6604fafedcc090.png
6228d6abbae67a461edb33ca7a5e113e.png

I wonder where Dissidia fits in with Record Keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom