• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedan001

Which of the new characters are worth levelling and which are garbage tier?

Vivi delivers, plus he does great for Garnet event + Beatrix boss elite fight for rydia RM + white mage RM2

Garnet is a solid healer but doesn't do much to replace your main healer besides FFIX synergy

Arc/Refia I would wait on them both, Garnet>Arc as healer and Refia is an ordinary monk

Fran for Spear/Bow support user but I know you have a strong Wakka already

Edit: I forgot to mention at this point, many FFRK players are working on an optimized party set of lv65's to tackle on new events

If you get Irvine's gun, he becomes a great support character, but without it he's really limited sadly. Fran is good. Arc and Refia are mediocre but still useable, particularly with synergy gear. Vivi is one of the most useful characters in the whole game to this day in Japan simply because Black Magic is extremely powerful overall. Squall is solid, and eventually gets amazing gear.

Razmos

Mastered the garnet boss rush on the first try. Makes me feel better about failing so hard at the final Tidus elite yesterday.
I'm sure Carbuncle will come in handy one day.

I'm so ready for Squall's event. It better give Rinoa's Memory Crystal!

Hmmm I have 155 mythril burning a hole in my pocket but I'm not sure what I want to roll for. Those super soul break weapons are months and months away, yes?

Mastered the garnet boss rush on the first try. Makes me feel better about failing so hard at the final Tidus elite yesterday.
I'm sure Carbuncle will come in handy one day.

I'm so ready for Squall's event. It better give Rinoa's Memory Crystal!

I just completed the IX boss rush as well. It was much easier, thankfully, though I still had to s/l a few times.

Macnair

Hmmm I have 155 mythril burning a hole in my pocket but I'm not sure what I want to roll for. Those super soul break weapons are months and months away, yes?

I just completed the IX boss rush as well. It was much easier, thankfully, though I still had to s/l a few times.

What's S/L?

Razmos

Are any of those new characters from III? worth bothering with or are they just a couple of Gordons?
Arc is a mediocre white mage who's only real selling point is his Shell-all soul break.

Refia is like Tifa and Snow, only with worse stats. The only difference she has is that she can use throwing weapons and therefore stay on the back row and use Monk abilities from there.

Red Mage

There is a quite up to date EXP spreadsheet here. You see looking at the NA tab that Sunday does have some variance. It is worth noting FoG did as well. I had some runs where I only got 59k and one which went up to 70k (champion nos).

Yes FoG dropped more eggs (good ones too) as well as gold and materials.

Yeah, I finally started getting 65k on the Sunday Dungeons late last night. I was leveling up all day yesterday and it took until my last couple of go-arounds to get that much.

Man there's so many new dungeons. I keep clearing them and more keep unlocking. Not complaining cuz it's a good way to get greater orbs, but man there's a lot.

Also, i realize the irony of this, but can anyone using FFRK Inspector tell me the drop rate of greater orb from Nalbina Dungeons Elite boss? It's on the first stage, so it's potentially a great farming spot

Spocker

Also, i realize the irony of this, but can anyone using FFRK Inspector tell me the drop rate of greater orb from Nalbina Dungeons Elite boss? It's on the first stage, so it's potentially a great farming spot

No drops from the first stage of that level yet, only 2 runs in total this far. I guess people are prioritizing the level breaks and RM.

Bummer if true that we are getting another galbadian blade and armor in this event. http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...alamb_garden_event_stamina_conditions_bosses/ Why not a light armor and a non sword? I'm hoping they throw in blizzaja and Irvines mc.

Very tempted to craft death and hone it once, if not now, then when will it be useful. It will be satisfying to kill the final boss in a bow rush using that move. Presumably zantetsuken can also get the job done.

Also, it takes 221 stamina to get squall. I think I'll get to 108.4 (or 108.8, whichever is the correct way to state that) and pay through squall until I get to 50ish stam and then go get a stam refresh for another 109. Think I saw that trick on reddit, pretty nice to knock out a lot more content from jump.

Razmos

The Squall event sounds lame. Lots of all-trash dungeons, meh rewards, annoying bosses.
I hope they add some more rewards to it (like Rinoa and Irvine's memory crystals).

Aero Strike is... nice, I suppose. Though them finally adding the Aero spell and giving that as a reward would have been far, far nicer.

Magic Break.. can't complain really.

The Galbadian Armour/Sword again is pretty lame, but nice for anyone who missed them the first time, I suppose. a 2* gun instead of the sword would have been better, so that we could outfit Irvine. Though I hear we do get guns as dungeon rewards from the Balthier event.

White Cape sounds pretty good for casters, giving +15 Defense and resistance to silence.. but often Offense is the best defense and +20 magic is probably a far more reliable stat boost. Good to have more FFVII equipment though.

Leviathan.. eh. it's a summon. having a water-element nuke is pretty cool. (though I'd much rather have Balthier's relic Soul Break, hmmm)

Wazzy

Banned
I'm gonna blast through Squalls event to get him. Give it to me nowwwww

Actually how much longer till the event releases? A few hours?

Also finishing up all VIII elites for the new event <3

MicH

Alright, done with the Garnet event. Did every elite except the final boss + boss rush. I cannot beat them

Gonna move on to clearing more of the new classic dungeons after that. I hope they slow down the pace of releasing content a bit so I can catch up on all the elites I still need to do, though another FoG would be nice :p I need so much exp

Razmos

Finally created Protectga!
That + White Mage second materia = success

Also I find the glaring omissions in the available abilities to be kinda weird. we have protectga but not shellga? despite like, 4 different soul breaks giving shellga at this point?

And when is my darned Aero spell coming?

Wazzy

Banned
Hahaha how much do you have saved up now, Wazzy? I hope you pull 3 of them first go! :D
I'm at 211 and after Squall event I'll probably have 220 or 230 xD also I would die if I pulled three at once LOL

Gamergod also has a huge amount saved up for this so hoping for the best for him too!

Well that was embarrassing. Had to use one Mythril during [EX] Ice Cavern stage so far because I had no way to Exploit Plant Brain's weakness to Fire attacks (plant brain is dull as hell, park your people in the back row, defend and skip turns with everyone but Vivi who takes the boss to near death then wait for blind to wear off and finish). I really think I should have given Tidus boost instead of double cut (I'm using a retaliate strategy for physical offense and one boost affects all counters while double cut only gives one extra counter). Ah well, I should be able to master the thing still (3 bosses down and one medal lost).

I can see why people recommend things to be honed to R3 at least (due to the ether mechanics) but I seriously don't have the black orbs for the black magic and even had to do some dungeons to hope that one non-elemental orb would drop (power break would be better at R2 and I was one orb short). Doing the dungeons wasn't bad as I found some low stamina cost ones that give two shards (I remember thinking that was stingy then I saw this dungeon update and the future :( ) such as the Phantom Train (btw you can't stop the train but you can paralyze it) and Tower of Zot - Spire (where the orb finally dropped) so my max stamina is up a little bit now.

Balphon

Finally created Protectga!
That + White Mage second materia = success

Also I find the glaring omissions in the available abilities to be kinda weird. we have protectga but not shellga? despite like, 4 different soul breaks giving shellga at this point?

And when is my darned Aero spell coming?

Celes's soul break is not shellga, but you aren't wrong. I am still trying to figure out a reasonable way to hit that one ranged boss with wind that doesn't involve crafting wind slash.

Roto13

se1h5bY.png

What the fuck is this bullshit? I didn't even get a chance to act. He just used Imprison five fucking times in a row right off the bat. How is that OK at all?

Razmos

Celes's soul break is not shellga, but you aren't wrong. I am still trying to figure out a reasonable way to hit that one ranged boss with wind that doesn't involve crafting wind slash.
Nah, I didn't mean Celes. I meant all the armour with a shared Shellga Soul Break, and Arc's soul break.

I've been running these elites with Fran back row with killer bow and mental breakdown r2 and leg shot r3. I crafted leg shot after the latest update and boy am I surprised at how effective it is on these bosses. I basically fire mental breakdown, leg shot, leg shot, mental breakdown, leg shot leg shot until dead. Once a leg shot takes hold I'll use Fran to fire the offensive roaming friend for an additional huge attack. Haven't run out on a single boss yet, between the slows and the increased magic damage, makes things much easier.

I've been running these elites with Fran back row with killer bow and mental breakdown r2 and leg shot r3. I crafted leg shot after the latest update and boy am I surprised at how effective it is on these bosses. I basically fire mental breakdown, leg shot, leg shot, mental breakdown, leg shot leg shot until dead. Once a leg shot takes hold I'll use Fran to fire the offensive roaming friend for an additional huge attack. Haven't run out on a single boss yet, between the slows and the increased magic damage, makes things much easier.

That sounds like so much fun! I was wondering how I could use Fran in my party. I'm going to try this.

Pejo

Welp. Wasted 115 mythril on the Garnett banner, got 1 5* to show for it, that black robe with the fire SB. What a shitter.

I really wanted to try to get some decent caster weapons with the mage meta right around the corner, as I can already feel my party struggling going melee. I really wish they'd balance that out a little better. Maybe keep the damage/defense the same but increase multipliers on the physical abilities. I hate having to use mainly mages, as almost none of my favorite FF characters are mages.

Definitely feeling a little down at the moment, but I'll keep plugging away at the new dungeons and combining all these 3 stars. After I get all of the MC/RM for this latest group, I think I'm going to exclusively farm orbs for honing my black magic spells.

What the fuck is this bullshit? I didn't even get a chance to act. He just used Imprison five fucking times in a row right off the bat. How is that OK at all?
It is a glitch in the AIs programming apparently. In certain cases it doesn't check if it has already used cage or something like that so just spams it. Sometimes it stops after trapping 3 or 4 party members.

It sucks to hear that Squall's revolver may be pretty underwhelming. I'll still level him because it's Squall but I'm more or less set for physcial attackers. I think I might just dump my saved up mythril trying to get Vivi or Garnet's weapons. Probably better with that caster meta and all that.

My fingers are still crossed that Rinoa's crystal will make an appearance later on.

Ahaha holy shit I didn't know he could even get more than one guy at a time with that.

w6uXCpD.png

Damn it. I can't manage to take out this Bomb on Elite before it self-destructs. You win this time, caster meta.

I wound up magic / power breaking it and just doing really well on the previous fights to get mastery.

Just did an 11 pull to see if maybe I could score ViVi's weapon. Ended up with a mage masher, a 4* FFII armor, and several 3* for FF's 3/7/12.

Could have been worse.

Vorpal

I wound up magic / power breaking it and just doing really well on the previous fights to get mastery.

That was my backup plan, but thanks to the magic of complaining on GAF I just defeated the bomb with some lucky last-minute Double Cut crits. I made it harder on myself since I wasn't thinking and didn't put Blizzara Strike on Cloud before heading into it.

In fact, I just realized that Cloud had Fira Strike equipped. MOVE ALONG NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Did a 3 pull on Garnet banner!

RAINBOW

FF13 Fist weapon.

Toss that ish on Snow and crush some FFXIII elites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom