• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

w6uXCpD.png

Damn it. I can't manage to take out this Bomb on Elite before it self-destructs. You win this time, caster meta.

I just let it explode. The self-destruct is pretty weak. It would probably be easier to try to slow it and burst Steiner down if you're really concerned about the medals.

It sucks to hear that Squall's revolver may be pretty underwhelming. I'll still level him because it's Squall but I'm more or less set for physcial attackers. I think I might just dump my saved up mythril trying to get Vivi or Garnet's weapons. Probably better with that caster meta and all that.

My fingers are still crossed that Rinoa's crystal will make an appearance later on.

I feel like Irvine's gun will be the most useful relic out of that banner. Squall's later weapons seem to be the ones you'd want.

Negator

Anyone got Rangers 2nd RM yet?
It just won't drop. I hate this little bastard. He's like an anchor around my neck.

I had it drop, actually it dropped on the second battle!

Now bard though, that took forever.

Toss that ish on Snow and crush some FFXIII elites!

Hey, that's not bad at all. Snow is a pretty good character and FFXIII synergy is very useful.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything but I really don't need any more melee weapons, I need mage gear!

Well, at the very least, this is good for all my fist weapon users, all they had were daggers.

I caved and threw all my mythril at the 9 banner. One 5*.... Gold spear. So much for improving my mages, time to break Kain's level cap.

I was spoiled by my 2 other 11 pulls where I got exactly what I wanted each time, Valkyrie and Protect Rod. I need to adjust my expectations

Roto13

Pretty sure that's a bug, since he should only be able to cage one person at a time.

Send that pic to DeNa, maybe you'll get free mythril. xD

It is a glitch in the AIs programming apparently. In certain cases it doesn't check if it has already used cage or something like that so just spams it. Sometimes it stops after trapping 3 or 4 party members.

I sent them a message about it, complete with the screenshot. Free 11 pull plz.

Beat the boss rush but didn't master it. Used a mythril to heal at one point. Figure I'd rather spend a mythril than a bunch of summon orbs to create Carbuncle. You can be sure he'll be useful.

Does Garnet not have a second Record Materia?

elty

w6uXCpD.png

Damn it. I can't manage to take out this Bomb on Elite before it self-destructs. You win this time, caster meta.
A combination of Three hit of blizzaga and Cloud melee would kill the bomb. You usually won't have time if you only rely on blizzaga.

Vorpal

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything but I really don't need any more melee weapons, I need mage gear!

I hear that. My mage gear is pretty lacking except for Judgment Staves. Vivi has way better burst damage than my Tidus/Cloud/Wakka, even without awesome relic pulls, but I'm gonna ride out this melee party build for as long as I can!

MicH

Just went through the spreadsheet and added everyone. Then I noticed the Runic Blade. That seems like such a useful SB!

Balphon

A combination of Three hit of blizzaga and Cloud melee would kill the bomb. You usually won't have time if you only rely on blizzaga.

There is no way that thing only has 30k HP on Elite. I'm fairly confident it has more HP than Steiner does.

So do the revolver swords(gunblade?) that Squall uses count as "sword" type. Can you use them as a ranged weapon? Can other characters equip them?
If so, is it possible to use skills that aren't normally ranged attacks if you use them with a gunblade?

Razmos

So do the revolver swords that Squall uses count as "sword" type. Can you use it as a ranged weapon?
Just a sword.

I'm saving up all my mythril for the Balthier banner, because:
1) Balthier's Soul Break weapon. because Balthier fucking rules
2) Fran's Soul Break weapon. because it's superior to Wakka's official ball and Fran is awesome.
3) Balthier's gun can be used by Lightning as a strong 5* gun to use Spellblade abilites from the back row.

I've saved up 50+, so I'll be making a pull. Mainly to try for a gun to make Irvine a useable character. I have the ba lamb garden uniform armor already but otherwise, this would be a beneficial banner to pull, I need another five star sword, I just have the freebie and masamune. A back row five star would be a very good get for me, since we now have a number of characters to put that to use now.

I'm pleased, I had about 9 spare stam to burn off and ran fabuk castle to try for rydias materia drop and got it round 4. 6 total battles with her, the other two were the tower of zot to get kains materia. I'm now missing only clouds and rangers r2s, I haven't unlocked rangers memory crystal yet as well.

thedan001

I've became more picky with relic banners now, since I have enough natural 5* to get me by

I'd only consider dumping mythril for banners that feature special utility weapons (like Red XIII/Sazh's hastega or Celes' sword/Cecil's shield) and multi-hit soul breaks at this point

Is Irvine's gun from upcoming Squall's banner the 7 hit one? That reddit dude recommended it for good damage output or is that released later on?

Balphon

I've became more picky with relic banners now, since I have enough natural 5* to get me by

I'd only consider dumping mythril for banners that feature special utility weapons (like Red XIII/Sazh's hastega or Celes' sword/Cecil's shield) and multi-hit soul breaks at this point

Is Irvine's gun from upcoming Squall's banner the 7 hit one? That reddit dude recommended it for good damage output or is that released later on?

It's 10 hits at 0.5x damage, I believe.

thedan001

Wow. That is a shitload of damage. Just imagine doing that with 3 bars up!

That reddit guy who whale'd JP FFRK hard said it held up to this day still

Saw a video of it from some JP blog doing 4k~5k on random bosses a couple months ago, knew that gun was special
but you do have to rotate your party set up around it, which is prolly its drawback compared to caster team meta which is more flexible rather

edit: or if you really wanted to abuse Irvine's soul break even futher than 3 bars... craft/hone Entrust and throw another 2 bars for 50 hits, haha.

Wrath sucks btw, do not craft that one, I did and I regret it

Razmos

I just had a thought, that they might introduce Bands at some point.

not the musical kind, or the kind you wear, but Final Fantasy IV: The After Years Bands, where characters team up for combo attacks.

With such a huge array of characters I could easily see them doing this. Have Lightning and Serah join up for an Army of One/Ultima Arrow combo, have Dark Cecil and Golbez have a dark attack combo, Balthier and Fran using their hoverbike for a combo, Squall and Rinoa junctioning Greiver, Cloud and Zack teaming up for a combo Octoslash.

There could even be cross-game bands like Garnet and Ashe teaming up for a dual princess combo or something.

Wazzy

Banned
Ahhh I've got something else going on in my Treasure Cruise game so I'll have to start the event a tiny bit later than everyone else :(

Damn Turtle Time.

Roto13

So do the revolver swords(gunblade?) that Squall uses count as "sword" type. Can you use them as a ranged weapon? Can other characters equip them?
If so, is it possible to use skills that aren't normally ranged attacks if you use them with a gunblade?

Fun fact: In Final Fantasy VIII, the gunblades don't actually shoot anything. They fire a little magic charge that makes the weapon vibrate or whatever to do more damage.

Wonder how many 100 gems pull I will do before I get something that is not totally useless to my team... I don't mind the dollar, it's just that they are always very very crappy 3 stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom