• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGatsby

Is it better to do an 11 pull instead of single ones? I currently have 47 mythrils and I'm not sure what to do with it.

You get an extra item, since it's 50 mythril for 11 items instead of 5 mythril for 1. Unless you're just starting out, or you're impatient, its probably better to do 11 pulls.

Is it better to do an 11 pull instead of single ones? I currently have 47 mythrils and I'm not sure what to do with it.

I'm perhaps biased because I have gotten every 5* piece of gear outside of the 11 pulls and 0 inside them. But really there seems to be no reason to not do an 11 pull if you're going to do 10 pulls anyway.

LevelNth

Banned
3 left on Elite in VIII, stages 2, 9 and 10.

My current VIII team

Rinoa 4+ Gravity Rod, Regal Gown
Irvine 4+ Mythril Claw(II), Balamb Uniform
Cloud Buster Sword, Galbadian 2++
Squall Revolver, Galbadian 2++
Tidus Blitz Sword, Genji Armor 5+

I'm indestructable.

Did 1 more single draw. Got the Crystal Shield from VI(4 star).

Squall and Irvine are like level 43. Rinoa is 45. Cloud is 52. Tidus is 57.
Wait where's his level break crystal? I'm behind on the reg dungeons, is it somewhere in there?

Negator

Used 15 mythril on inventory slots, bought 900 gems. All 3*. Ow.

Good thing what I was buying was 45 inventory slots...right? ;_;

Flambe

I don't have a ton of nostalgia for VIII, IX or XII but this fucking game is making me want to replay them all -_-

wtb IX remake with fixed loading times

Negator

I don't know if we've just come a long way, or something, but I absolutely DESTROYED the dinosaur. I think he might have way less defense/resistance than the first time we saw him.

Roto13

YP7Gi6O.png

Keep your mythril. Keep your memory crystals. Just keep giving me these 3* non elemental orbs.

rybrad

How are people deciding which gear to trash? I am at the point were I have deleted all 1 and 2* items but I am still having inventory issues. I know some of these items probably suck even with realm synergy but it seems like a pain to go into a realm specific dungeon and manually compare all of these 3* (and ++ versions). I wish the UI would just tell you the stats with synergy and without in the inventory by default.

So, how are we supposed to take advantage of the VII dragon's weakness to Wind when all Wind Attacks are physical skills?

The VIII thrown 5* has a wind aoe attack that hits ranged...

Also, if you use an ability with a ranged attack weapon = ranged ability. So use a ranged weapon with wind slash or whatever it is called.

Kyari

Oh man the Final Fantasy XIV event coming to japan makes me happy and sad at the same time, because it'll be MONTHS before we get it :(

Wazzy

Banned
I now have to decide if I want to save for Rinoa squall banner in the future or just keep saving until his second GB is available. I'm thinking the second since it's way better.

Either way, I'll have one more pull Friday so here's hoping for the best. xD

I wish you could trade items to in game friends, like a gift system. I'd give Wazzy one of my 3 Revolvers.

That Irvine gun was a bitch to pull though.

Is there any other VIII armor? I just for a Balamb Garden Uniform, equipped on Squall, Irvine's for his hat, and I dunno what to put on Rinks for full synergy. If I could get the Minotaur Plate maybe I could equip Squall with that and give Rinoa the uniform but in gotta get that item first.

MicH

Just threw a whole bunch of eggs at Squall to get him to 48. Just need to get his memory crystal now. So happy to finally have someones SB relic even if it isn't the best

This was on Squall's banner. Probably my best pull ever. I guess I will use some of my hundreds of growth eggs to make Irvine playable.

everytime i see one of these, the temptation to do a paid pull rises. sometimes I'm strong enough, sometimes not. I've pulled 11, 1, 3 on this banner and got a whopping 2 ten gallon hats and 13 3 stars. Considering the content is not difficult for me, the rational move would be to hold off further...

Roto13

I wish they'd telegraph difficulty spikes at all. The T-Rex boss probably isn't actually that hard, but when you've been autobattling through everything with your underleveled FFVIII characters and then suddenly they're both getting one-shotted with the same attack, it's annoying.

Vorpal

I wish they'd telegraph difficulty spikes at all. The T-Rex boss probably isn't actually that hard, but when you've been autobattling through everything with your underleveled FFVIII characters and then suddenly they're both getting one-shotted with the same attack, it's annoying.

Haha I had that same experience this morning! Looked back at my phone to see Squall and Irvine eating dirt. Sorry guys--that's on me.

MicH

Wow. I seriously can't beat that T-rex. It kills everyone in two hits and that's with three level 50+ units. What the hell. What are you supposed to do? I can't brute force it to death fast enough

Roto13

Wow. I seriously can't beat that T-rex. It kills everyone in two hits and that's with three level 50+ units. What the hell. What are you supposed to do? I can't brute force it to death fast enough

It's vulnerable to almost every status ailment. I'm gonna Blind it. And Paralyze it. Also vulnerable to Ice.

Xetherion

Like Roto said, you can Blind and/or Paralyze it. You can also Poison it, which lasts until it dies. If you don't have Intimidate yet you can also Sleep it. Sleep + Poison + Ice Spells.

Edit: Intimidate is the best paralyze ability. You can also try Blade Bash but it only has 10% chance to paralyze. Silencega doesn't paralyze, only silences.

MicH

Like Roto said, you can Blind and/or Paralyze it. You can also Poison it, which lasts until it dies. If you don't have Intimidate yet you can also Sleep it. Sleep + Poison + Ice Spells.

Edit: Intimidate is the best paralyze ability. You can also try Blade Bash but it only has 10% chance to paralyze. Silencega doesn't paralyze, only silences.
I actually had no idea Intimidate paralyzed a target :lol Never used it, just crafted it for the quest. Got Intimidate, Poison and a whole plethora of Ice elemental abilities ready to go

Is there gonna be a Squall Boss Rush? I don't remember any mention of it in the announcement.

Yes! I'm hoping it gets announced in 3 hrs for a start time in a day.

Apparently the first boss in the rush, Granaldo, dropped multiples of greater orbs in Japan, wind I believe. I will be blowing days of stam on that guy if that is the case.

That's what happened to me too. Getting one-shotted from practically every attack. Fortunately I had Intimidate with me, so it was s/l until I successfully paralyzed him before he could attack. From there it was easy.

This difficulty spike here was just crazy.

Wazzy

Banned
Love that T-rex is so easy this time!
I wish you could trade items to in game friends, like a gift system. I'd give Wazzy one of my 3 Revolvers.

That Irvine gun was a bitch to pull though.

Is there any other VIII armor? I just for a Balamb Garden Uniform, equipped on Squall, Irvine's for his hat, and I dunno what to put on Rinks for full synergy. If I could get the Minotaur Plate maybe I could equip Squall with that and give Rinoa the uniform but in gotta get that item first.

Lol I have so many duplicates that trading would be awesome to get Revolver. xD

App put me in the mood to play Final Fantasy V, but I'm holding out for a Game Boy Player.

So then I decided, why not IX?

Started that and forgot how GLACIAL the pacing is, a staple for PS1 RPGs. I dunno if I have the stomach for it, as much as I loved the game.

App put me in the mood to play Final Fantasy V, but I'm holding out for a Game Boy Player.

So then I decided, why not IX?

Started that and forgot how GLACIAL the pacing is, a staple for PS1 RPGs. I dunno if I have the stomach for it, as much as I loved the game.

I hate to say it but the grind and pacing of the ps1 rpgs is such a turn off for me these days, even moreso than the aged graphics. a combination of not having time (career/kids) and the speed up ability of the gba/snes/nes emulators. Granted, I haven't looked into psx emulation in years and years, so have no idea if that can work there, if so I may need to dust off the old FFIX discs and give it a whirl.

Who do I believe? I'm about to fight it as soon as I get a few more stamina.

It's easy as long as you are prepared. Keep him blind/paralyzed/sleeping and use ice-magic and he most likely won't even attack once.
(I don't have VIII 5* gear and entered the battle with a low to mid 40s team that get's one-shot by his tail wipe, but in the end I had no unsolvable problems as long as I could keep him paralyzed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom