• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Mythril stop once you've beaten every dungeon once?
Like the only way I'll get a good item now is if I drop some cash or wait however long until more world are opened up?

Beelzebubs

Masamune out to draw!

Equip Sephiroth with Masamune to use his Hell's Gate Soul Break. Hell's Gate is a powerful attack that deals physical damage to all enemies. Masamune's drop rate will be raised from 6:00pm 4/3 PST (2:00AM 4/4 UTC) to 5:59 PM 4/11 PST (1:59 AM 4/12 UTC), so don't miss out.

** Grand Gloves drop rate will be temporarily reduced during this time.

Ashodin

Masamune out to draw!

Equip Sephiroth with Masamune to use his Hell's Gate Soul Break. Hell's Gate is a powerful attack that deals physical damage to all enemies. Masamune's drop rate will be raised from 6:00pm 4/3 PST (2:00AM 4/4 UTC) to 5:59 PM 4/11 PST (1:59 AM 4/12 UTC), so don't miss out.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhg

Yaari

And there I was thinking Masamune was a 4* weapon.
I might do my pulls, don't really want to wait for 50 Mithril.

GAMERG0D

I have 7 Myrthril but then I read that 50 gives you 11 drops for the price of 10 so I'm going to wait until they give away Lionheart for FF8. (I don't actually know if this is Squall's weapon I haven't spoiled myself on weapons, only levels)

NomadX

Neo Member
I've been really close on spending money due to my crap luck on anything RNG. But I figure if I spend money it'd just be 3 star items lol. I can't complete the event till my black mage stops getting one shot -.- Trying to get the light rod for Rydia but that boss just wipes my party

elty

Masamune out to draw!

If I understand correctly the drop rate for 5*remain the same, it is just that if you are lucky enough to get a5*, it is more likely to be the masamune.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Phew, just cleared the Shinra tower. :) White mage got one shot by the Shot gun but thankfully Salve kept Tyro as a sponge lol

NomadX

Neo Member
If you're enjoying the game, it wouldn't hurt to throw them a few bucks.

I don't know if I'd consider getting my butt kicked enjoyment but much like Bloodborne I just have to realize I'm either bad or luck isn't on my side. My party is at the 25 range still (leveled up Kain to get jump but they won't give me the orbs). If I can beat the Waterway elite I can get the light rod for Rydia and hopefully get past the ranged boss. I do want the Masamune though since I messed up on weapon combinations and can't use the one they gave in the dungeon for Sephiroth.

elty

I would wait for a real increase in chance across all 4*/5* instead of an increase of one item and decrease of all the rest.

elty

I don't know if I'd consider getting my butt kicked enjoyment but much like Bloodborne I just have to realize I'm either bad or luck isn't on my side. My party is at the 25 range still (leveled up Kain to get jump but they won't give me the orbs). If I can beat the Waterway elite I can get the light rod for Rydia and hopefully get past the ranged boss. I do want the Masamune though since I messed up on weapon combinations and can't use the one they gave in the dungeon for Sephiroth.

You don't need a 5* weapon to beat the range boss. I went in with a Rydia with a 1* rod and beat it despite Rydia dying after 1 round,

While synergies are the real key to the game, you should probably pull a few rares now to give yourself an edge.

Hoarding Mythril for that one extra pull or a potential event is probably going to be smarter once we have had a few content updates.

Z3M0G

I'm sure most of you have figured it out, but if you're grinding normal dailys (or whatever) it's better if you only use the 1-2 people from that game, that way you're not sharing xp with people who aren't getting a boost. Leveling up Sephiroth solo in the daily and it's going really fast.

...why didnt i think of this 15 hours ago...

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Got another 5* danjuro dagger and I'm not even mad. All classes can use daggers and it is pretty strong!

Wazzy

Banned
Beat Rufus and unlocked Sephiroth. I need to level more because that was brutal.
I have 7 Myrthril but then I read that 50 gives you 11 drops for the price of 10 so I'm going to wait until they give away Lionheart for FF8. (I don't actually know if this is Squall's weapon I haven't spoiled myself on weapons, only levels)
Yeah I'm also saving for Revolver since it's the weapon I want most though we won't get it until they release VIII's realm.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ccMs2Sv.png

0gY5A2H.jpg

Finally.

This took entirely too long, even with the flee trick. I fucked up the timing more often than not whenever he didn't drop anything (and nevermind the time when the third chest dropped and I selected flee by accident).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
How do we get whips? And what's the flee trick about?
Dragoon/Kain, the boss from Fabul Castle (Classic) sometimes drops it. The flee trick consists in using the flee option at the right moment after you beat him in case he doesn't drop a chest, so you don't have to replay the whole dungeon to try again. Like this:

Use the flee battle option when the drop isn't a treasure chest. Once Kain disappears the drop should appear. If it's an orb or nothing, quickly pause and flee so that you can re-enter the battle again with wasting stamina on those 1 stamina battles. I think I got my second whip this way. No harm trying.

Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread I think.

One more whip drop and I'm done.

EDIT:

It does work. Got my third whip. First try was an orb, second try was an orb with gil and the third was the whip:p

It only works if you do it in the short window of time between the start of the drop animation and the fanfare.

XJF

The mythril gear seems fairly good from Daily dungeon. Stacked on adamantite for the time being. Tifa alone beat the Hard on with Leather Gloves++ and Protect Vest++. Love it.

XJF

Finally got sephiroth. Really hurting for gil atm, the gil daily can't come soon enough.

I was rolling in lesser orbs (had 99 of one) sold half for a nice chunk of change. maybe a possibility. better off waiting till tomorrow though.

Flambe

Shoulda stopped while I was ahead (?) 11 more pulls no 5*, that's 44 today for jack shit, just 3 stars crowding inventory lol

NomadX

Neo Member
Still getting wiped out on elite dungeons S: There has to be a trick to not having your main damage dealer get one shot. Equipment buffs maybe? This is crazy how this game just doesn't let you progress.

Prototype

I was rolling in lesser orbs (had 99 of one) sold half for a nice chunk of change. maybe a possibility. better off waiting till tomorrow though.
I've been pretty efficient thus far, using the wiki and what not, I don't actually have all the much extra stuff laying around. Since I don't plan on spending any money, I've been trying to make every point of stamina count. Just farming the orbs/equips I need.

I'm probably going to spend every point of stamina I have running the Gil daily nonstop tho. Level up Sephiroth in the process, a bit at least.

JPS Kai

Finally got my first whip. I seem to have hit a wall doing shinra tower somewhere around floor 40, so I've gotta level up Rydia and get her more 2* spells.

Negator

So I tried doing the Flee trick, and after 6 attempts I ended up getting no drops, and fleed too late and got sent back out. Bleh.

But I was definitely getting different loot every time. Sometimes an orb, or gold, or both (or in the last case, nothing.)

I'm starting to think if my luck weren't so goddamn awful, I'd have the Black Cowl.

Beat Rufus and unlocked Sephiroth. I need to level more because that was brutal.

Yeah I'm also saving for Revolver since it's the weapon I want most though we won't get it until they release VIII's realm.
Wazzy, this isn't related to your post, but you should join us in the Visual Novel Community Thread for reasons. 🐇

dat free relic draw

7w0VzAvl.png
My relic drawns have been pure trash besides my very first one. Literally all one stars since then. Not gonna spend any money though, I'll get good gear even if it's the hard way. ;_;

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've literally maxed out my inventory with 3* equipment upgrade pieces, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to grind out the gil farm for the money I need to incorporate these things into my stuff.

I did another mythril pull today and got a 5*... staff. Lame. Oh well, I have tons of other stuff I need to upgrade/combine/make awesome, but no money. I thought about selling some of the 3* upgrades (3,000g each) but decided I'd probably regret that tomorrow when I have gil coming out my ears. Besides, that staff isn't going to upgrade itself.

I beat the first ranged boss today too, so after I get my equipment upgraded a bit tomorrow I'm going to try to tackle the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom