• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xetherion

No seriously, it's actually quite easy compared to the T-rex from Rinoa event. All you have to do is blind and poison it and then blast it with ice attacks.

That's all you had to do for the Rinoa event one also... though it did have like 50 or 60k more hp i think, but still.

johnsmith

remember me
Had to reset like 5 times but I got him. Would have been super easy with the sentinel grimoire, but I just had power break and dark attack (that only landed once). Didn't really prepare that well.

Wazzy

Banned
That's all you had to do for the Rinoa event one also... though it did have like 50 or 60k more hp i think, but still.
Yeah but the Rinoa event was like, 10x more hard. I'm not trying to to give a skewed idea of the fight or anything. I get that my gear makes everything much easier but with VIII characters at reasonable levels or a full 50 party, you only need some honed blizzard spells and attacks, poison and blind attacks to land and intimidate if you want the fight to go smoothly. I didn't use Intimidate and beat it fast but that's where my gear and levels came into play.

Yeah but the Rinoa event was like, 10x more hard. I'm not trying to to give a skewed idea of the fight or anything. I get that my gear makes everything much easier but with VIII characters at reasonable levels or a full 50 party, you only need some honed blizzard spells and attacks, poison and blind attacks to land and intimidate if you want the fight to go smoothly. I didn't use Intimidate and beat it fast but that's where my gear and levels came into play.
That stupid T-Rex in the Rinoa Elites was the hardest and lamest boss I've fought to date. Beating him and getting Mastery was the most satisfying feeling ever.

I'll be ready for him this time. I'm gonna paralyze the hell out of him.

Macnair

No Revolver or Valiant from my pull... But I did get a bunch of 4* gears that I can combine to make fake 5*s.

Man they should have added Rinoa's crystal in this event. They need to awaken the sorcerer in her.

Anyone who pulled Irvine's relic is on our friend codes sheet?

I'm not on the spreadsheet, but I did get the relic. Quote for ID.

He's only lvl 16 atm, but I'm working on grinding him and leveling up the weapon this week.

I also have Rinoa's Valkyrie, Cyan's Kiku-ichimonji, Aerith's Guard Stick, Kain's Blood Lance and Paladin Cecil's Lustrous Shield.

Roto13

Unsurprisingly, Archaeosaur was much easier the second time, with some preparation. Think I'm going to have Irvine and Squall sit the rest of this event out, except maybe to bring Squall to the last boss for the medals.

Everytime I log in at 8pm and don't get a message pop up I get a little sad. Guess we'll get the boss rush notification tomorrow.

I completely forgot that I needed to farm black orbs to hone waterga, so I'll be able to get,in a few cycles of that hopefully honing it to r3. Going to try to leave a water vulnerable boss in the elites for after getting leviathan from the event.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
idea to make common relic draws less shit:
1 in 10 chance a common relic draw gives you 1 mythril

+ will make people much more likely to want to use common draw
+ will not throw off the in-game economy
+ will not impact paid or premium currency draws

Hige

I've been playing since day one and finally pulled my first character-specific SB relic, yay!

Squall's :(

He's basically a worse version of Cloud (no retaliate) that can pitch in with poison/protect? lol @ me

johnsmith

remember me
Is there any trick to getting the friend you want? I wasted 10 stamina retrying in fabul castle trying to get my 1 celes friend with no luck.

Faithless

I'm not on the spreadsheet, but I did get the relic. Quote for ID.

He's only lvl 16 atm, but I'm working on grinding him and leveling up the weapon this week.

I also have Rinoa's Valkyrie, Cyan's Kiku-ichimonji, Aerith's Guard Stick, Kain's Blood Lance and Paladin Cecil's Lustrous Shield.

I've got his relic, and I'll put my name on the sheet now!

alcheim

I hope they eventually add characters from other more recent final fantasies. It'd be great having a team composed of Ramza, Serah, Payne, Noctis, Machina...

Squenix can totally cash-in on this nostalgia; perhaps they create a proper, non-f2p game similar to this --not just limited to Final Fantasy, but also including characters from their other game franchises (i.e. Xenogears, Parasite Eve, Chrono Trigger, etc.)

Beat all the FFVIII stages minus the boss rush which isn't out yet. Back to finishing up the last 5 elite dungeons I have left. 1 more Greater Lightning Orb and I'll have that to 4 uses.

Is there any trick to getting the friend you want? I wasted 10 stamina retrying in fabul castle trying to get my 1 celes friend with no luck.
How many friends do you have? Since it picks 7 of them at a time you want the list to be smaller for a better chance of picking the ones you want.

Note the first run of unfollowing people will not remove them from that selection of 7 but all ones after will be free of them. Using someone will exclude them from selection until the next day too.

Edit: Also check the list to see if the person is still there. The game does have some sort of procedure to removing people from both lists (maybe it classes inactive players unfollowing as in "not used the FS").

Tidd

wow, looks like people really love Ramuh and Garnet. Before I got like 200 gil from this when I was using someone with his/her standard special.

h5kmrzil.jpg

Hycran

Banned
It's time to quit this game, isn't it? Nothing new gameplay wise is being added. The gatcha still largely determines whether you progress or not. There is even more grinding due to level cap breakers, the vast majority of the game is still aurobattling...

I normally quit things cold turkey and I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger here.

It's time to quit this game, isn't it? Nothing new gameplay wise is being added. The gatcha still largely determines whether you progress or not. There is even more grinding due to level cap breakers, the vast majority of the game is still aurobattling...

I normally quit things cold turkey and I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger here.

I'd say 3 bosses that can only be hit by ranged attacks is some new gameplay. If you're not having fun, quit. Adios.

Considering memory crystals and record materia were just released last week and friend summons shortly before that, not to mention the festival of gold, so I'm really not sure what you're expecting from this game.

If the gatcha is hindering your progress then you must have had phenomenally bad pulls considering we've received or earned at this point several hundred Mythril. Further, honing abilities is easier than ever, at least to the three star level. You can grind your way out of mediocre gatcha pulls, wouldn't be a final fantasy game without some grind.

Edit:gameplay changes-retaliate for me is now an inefficient attack strategy due to honed abilities and diversified attack strategies. Use wakka or Fran and hammer away with the celerity debuffs to see how each boss battle can be tackled differently now.

Red Mage

So, those manta-ray looking things in the penultimate Squall Dungeon... does Sentinel draw their counter attacks to the person? Because they hit like a truck on even normal so I'm imagining they're OHK here.

...what?

StMeph

The difficulty really should be managed better. It feels like the events are getting successively easier, and I don't think that's entirely attributable to power gains on the player side from better items (over time), raised level caps, and record materia.

The order itself is different from JP, and they don't seem to have re-tuned anything?

Red Mage

The difficulty really should be managed better. It feels like the events are getting successively easier, and I don't think that's entirely attributable to power gains on the player side from better items (over time), raised level caps, and record materia.

The order itself is different from JP, and they don't seem to have re-tuned anything?

Do what? That second to last battle on Squall's event was a pain in the rear, and I used the shield summon.

Negator

Tips for last boss:

• Bring Bard Record Materia 2 and put it on your healer. Your healer won't need to do much healing if all you do is attack with her.
  • Boss resists Lightning, don't bring that.
  • Bring Armor/Mental breaks and defense reducing friend summon instead of grimoire. The boss is a slog and has way too much HP.

I fought Norg for a hour last night. Each time I'd eventually crack his shell I'd cast Death but it failed 3 times. It has waaaaay to much hp. I'm in dire need of a ff viii weapon besides the freebie 2star blade. Even upgraded and maxed that weapon doesn't cut it. I'm going to try again later with Vit0. Gaf, I'm scared of Vit0 being patched out. I feel like it's the only thing that will guarantee victory.

Roto13

Isn't NORG also vulnerable to Death? I thought I read he was.

Yeah, but that never lands, and the last thing I'd want to do is run out of Death and have to try again and do that first phase again.

Anyway, beat him. Only took 20 goddamn minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom