• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had access to 5* BM and 4* WM in the japanese version when he was first released. Irvine is restricted to 1* Black Magic and 2* White Magic in our version, with 5* Support and 3* Combat, making him a decent ranged fighter (as long as you have a gun, that is).
His magic skills are useless for damage. On the other hand, he has some utility, since he can bring some spells such as Poison and Sleep (though Busters are more interesting).

Isn't his SB overpowered? 5 shots x 9999 damage? Maybe worth it only as a Roaming Warrior.

I'm fairly sure they intend you to use Death on Norg given its really high stats and tendency to buff itself.
Breaking NORG open so you can use death is still a struggle.

The tendency to buff itself you can try using reflect on him to prevent that. I don't know if him or the orbs can target NORG here. Yes one of the orbs uses dispell. Curiously enough I saw one battle done where Carbuncle was used and that lasted until NORG got broken open but that may have been a fluke.

I'm personally nowhere near that point. I have a lot of the event elite left to do.

Uh... Initial impression of Irvine is very poor, but maybe it's because I only have crappy daggers. What's the point of high level black magic if you don't have the stats and gear proficiency to back it up?
We got the revised version of Irvine which is as follows:
support 5/combat 3/white 2/black 1

Yeah I'll stick to Waka or Fran or someone.

Nohar

Isn't his SB overpowered? 5 shots x 9999 damage? Maybe worth it only as a Roaming Warrior.

It's 10 shots. And, no, they won't deal 9999 damages each. I guess it is possible, but he would need some serious buffing (like Luneth's Tyrfing serious buffing) and synergy beforehand, on top of Armor Breaking the boss (or if you want to play that way: Vit0).

Edit: Oh, I thought you were talking about his special SB. Yeah, his regular one does 5 hits. His special one does 10 hits. They still won't deal 9999 each.

Azusa

I have tried to google Beginner Guide but got only some tips or half empty wiki. Can any one point me on some good guide?

Wow, so with my last 50 gem pull I managed to get 2 Revolvers (I think the game is telling me to use Squall) so just for fun I put my lvl 50 Squall with Rough Divide a my roaming warrior. Day later I come back and my followers list has gone from like about 3 to 46, it is pretty wild.

Wow, so with my last 50 gem pull I managed to get 2 Revolvers (I think the game is telling me to use Squall) so just for fun I put my lvl 50 Squall with Rough Divide a my roaming warrior. Day later I come back and my followers list has gone from like about 3 to 46, it is pretty wild.

My follower list has been full since the first day, except the number of times I get summoned has been halved each following day, to the point where I only get summoned 10-20 times per day for 3000 Gold.

Did you use Carbuncle? I'm building stamina to try that same stage out.

Also, did anyone have any luck with Norg Elite yet? I fought that bastard for like 11 minutes and ran out of skills, but had vivi alive and death ready, but couldn't break the cockpit. I'm not sure what else I can do to get more damage on the pod. Bard materia II made hitting the nodes a breeze, but shit. Ended up fleeing and retreating.

You can use vit0 on norg if you're having issues. Make sure you're using the zantetsuken and killer bow (I use with zealot attacker) and once he's cracked open there's a pretty fair chance instan ko will proc considering the many attacks youre going to need to hit him with.

I have tried to google Beginner Guide but got only some tips or half empty wiki. Can any one point me on some good guide?
I think this reddit series is fine:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3a7vcj/newbie_guide_part_1_the_startup/

It leaves the most important point to the end though; "Last, just relax and enjoy. This is a game after all, don't let it stress you out."

As far as info goes I really like this site:
http://kevrlet.x10.mx/FFRK/
Quick and no nonsense lookup. Be prepared for some mistakes. You do miss out on some info and additional commentary such as the official strategy guide site (it can be worth it to find out if a boss pulls a surprise out such as the crazy difficulty curve of FFVI elite where some of the early ones are insanely hard) but it can get confusing considering some dungeons have had a difficulty adjustment in the past (to try and make their difficulty reflect the in-game number a bit better). For events lurking the subreddit for strategies is worthwhile.

You can use vit0 on norg if you're having issues. Make sure you're using the zantetsuken and killer bow (I use with zealot attacker) and once he's cracked open there's a pretty fair chance instan ko will proc considering the many attacks youre going to need to hit him with.

This is how I did it. Healer has left pod, Tyro (Protect) has the right one. Round one is the Vit0 setup and Magic Breaks on both orbs. Round two+ is double cuts down the middle with my two single attackers focusing on a pod. I had to restart twice because Squall got thumped. He's level 30, so he really can't take direct hits

Meier

Does anyone know if something like the Flametongue which "adds light fire damage" ends up being super effective versus an enemy that is weak to fire? Trying to figure out if I should use it against Oilboyle or whatever it's called.. so much weaker than the Zatetsuken.

Red Mage

BWAHAHAHA. Was fighting Goldor and had Status Reels as the WR. I happened to fire the first off with my healer since she didn't need to do any healing. He'd put Protect on himself when he got hit, and then did it again after the WR summons. In other words, he Vit-0 himself. xD

Just barely scraped by on Norg elite. What a pain in the dick.

Missed mastery because of that; I'm going to try again and see how putting reflect on him goes.

Roto13

So annoying that the game always thinks I want magic gear and not healing gear on Garnet every time I optimize.

Yeah, that's annoying. I can't wait for another White Mage to get a memory crystal so I can stop using Garnet for this reason. Besides the core class one.

Man that elite skytank is a real pain in the ass. I was so fed up that I used a mythril refresh just so I wouldn't have to deal with it again. The real rub for me is that I don't have thundaja honed at all, nor syldra.

Yogg

Does it work to farm record materias on easy mode dailies ? Is there a penalty on the chances of success ? I'm trying to get the bard materia before going on with the elite dungeons.

Razmos

Elite Norg is utter, complete bullshit. There's no reason for it being so damn tanky to begin with, and then constantly spamming protect and shell just making it even worse.
And then no matter how fast you are at hitting the orbs, all it has to do is be that colour for the briefest second, and if it coincides with Norg having a full ATB gauge you get absolutely fucked.

Despite everything I managed to survive for the, what 20 fucking minutes of the battle, only for it to keep using Psycho Blaster or mind shock or whatever the hell it's called and just insta killing characters one by one.

All that time and effort wasted because it pulled insta kill attacks out of it's ass at the last minute.
Norg is the definition of artificial difficulty and the same reason why I hated the Tidus event. Stupid annoying fucking gimmick bosses being given absolute tons of HP and defense and hitting like a damn truck.

Red Mage

Elite Norg is utter, complete bullshit. There's no reason for it being so damn tanky to begin with, and then constantly spamming protect and shell just making it even worse.
And then no matter how fast you are at hitting the orbs, all it has to do is be that colour for the briefest second, and if it coincides with Norg having a full ATB gauge you get absolutely fucked.

Despite everything I managed to survive for the, what 20 fucking minutes of the battle, only for it to keep using Psycho Blaster or mind shock or whatever the hell it's called and just insta killing characters one by one.

All that time and effort wasted because it pulled insta kill attacks out of it's ass at the last minute.
Norg is the definition of artificial difficulty and the same reason why I hated the Tidus event. Stupid annoying fucking gimmick bosses being given absolute tons of HP and defense and hitting like a damn truck.

Give in to the Vit-0, Razmos. You want to, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take the bug. Use it! Strike him down with it! Give in to your anger! It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.

BlueSteel

Any insight as to who I should use my growth eggs for? I can pick from the following:

Black Mage
White Mage
Red Mage
Summoner
Squall
Irvine
Gordon
The rest I don't think is worth doing?

Red Mage

Any insight as to who I should use my growth eggs for? I can pick from the following:

Black Mage
White Mage
Red Mage
Summoner
Squall
Irvine
Gordon

Black Mage and White Mage to Lv 50. Then get their second Record Materia, and kick their butts out. Those are AMAZING RM.

Black Mage
White Mage
Red Mage
Summoner
Squall
Irvine
Gordon

White Mage and black Mage to fifty is a must due to their game changing record materia II. THe second materia restores one spell usage per battle. Meaning you can use curaga and quake once per battle and end up against a boss will full useage. Really a game changer. Summoner is third only because his/her materia is still some time off but functions similarly. Irvines are useless, imho, as is squalls first.

Does it work to farm record materias on easy mode dailies ? Is there a penalty on the chances of success ? I'm trying to get the bard materia before going on with the elite dungeons.
I suppose you could but in terms of rounds or enemies fought per stamina Classic Kaipo Waterway in FFIV is better. Something like 2 stamina for 3 rounds and 9 enemies (the first FFX stage is similar).

Nobody know what causes success if it is enemies killed or round cleared or if there any difficulty adjustment. There is speculation rates may vary between characters.

I have the eggs to get the Bard to 50 but I'm reluctant to do so as the 2nd RM just does not sound like fun. If it is necessary for NORG I might just have to do so (I understand it is very helpful but Carbuncle can put in work as can Runic).

Razmos

Give in to the Vit-0, Razmos. You want to, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take the bug. Use it! Strike him down with it! Give in to your anger! It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.
tumblr_m0yg8cPBnU1r97nh9.gif

N...NO!

Perhaps as a last resort, but I think i'm gonna work on getting Bard's record materia first.

Red Mage

Is Pound worth upgrading?

I suppose you could but in terms of rounds or enemies fought per stamina Classic Kaipo Waterway in FFIV is better. Something like 2 stamina for 3 rounds and 9 enemies (the first FFX stage is similar).

Nobody know what causes success if it is enemies killed or round cleared or if there any difficulty adjustment. There is speculation rates may vary between characters.

I have the eggs to get the Bard to 50 but I'm reluctant to do so as the 2nd RM just does not sound like fun. If it is necessary for NORG I might just have to do so (I understand it is very helpful but Carbuncle can put in work as can Runic).

Mine dropped in like two fights.

Yogg

Thanks for the ideas. I'm ashamed I didn't even bother to check if any classic dungeon was cheaper than an easy daily. I just spent a little over 100 stamina on easy dailies farming that bard materia, and I'm now switching to FFX first dungeon.

edit: Got it on the second stage of my first run ! Thanks a ton for the idea, it seemed to coincide with what the RNG had in mind :)

edit2: those easy dailies runs still got me the Irvin RM very fast, so they weren't that useless, and it proves you can get RM from easy dailies, I'm just not sure if the difficulty level influences the droprate.

Xetherion

Is Pound worth upgrading?

No. It's dmg modifier is only 2.3, compared to Double Cut at 1.8 it's not much of a difference and Double Cut is better for Retaliate and Vit0. Also there's better 4* physical abilities like Shadowbind, which has a 2.2 dmg mod but also has a status effect proc.

Wazzy

Banned
Can Death fucking land on NORG ughhhhh

I have no trouble getting to his broken shell but god knows how much HP he has after and I'd rather get the mastery, especially since my abilities are pretty much gone by the time it breaks.

Well reflect on elite Norg didn't make much of a difference. My first fight he constantly spammed protect and shell.

This time, after I put reflect on him, he hardly ever used either. I don't know if he's smart or I was just unlucky.

I'll have to try something else to get that champion ranking. It doesn't help that I'm not using Squall so I automatically lose 3 stars. :(

Wazzy

Banned
I'm sad my hoard of Growth eggs are gone. They went to good use but there's still so many characters to level.
Wazzy, is there a reason why your tag and avatar change if I hover over them?

Yeah I got tagged in a thread I made and it's a hover over tag. :p

Razmos

I'm sad my hoard of Growth eggs are gone. They went to good use but there's still so many characters to level.

Yeah I got tagged in a thread I made and it's a hover over tag. :p
Ahh I see, I didn't realize that hover-over tags were a thing, I thought my browser was glitching or something, haha.

Anywhoo I have 65 Mythril now! Hoping to have 100 by the time Balthier's banner rolls around.
Ras Algethi and Loxley Bow are absolutely my biggest wants right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom