• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Mage

Taratata! Vaan was uninteresting, but at least he is somewhat likeable. That isn't the case of Lightning, who we had to put up with for 3 games in a row (not to mention her cameo in FFXIV).

That being said: I want my leading man. Now.

It kind of switches between to two, tbh. I dislike Vaan mostly because he was forced upon the team. As someone who fiddles with their own created world on their off time, such a thing is anathema to me. Lightning is, however, the worse character between the two. The only thing I like about her is that she punches Snowe.

SunGod

Cleared the boss rush this morning without needing a mythril thankfully, since then I've been farming Granaldo in Balamb Garden+ all day for cheap 4* orbs :)

Apart from tomorrow's Gil dungeon which I'm going to master for the rewards (I've skipped it the past two weeks due to story/events) I'm going to be repeating the Granaldo fight until the next set of content is released...

Faithless

Holy shit, Irvine is popular.
t2iWVXEl.jpg

SunGod

People are probably using vit0 + Irvine's 10 hit SB for fun times (assuming that's what your roaming warrior is set to)

Also to make your image a bit smaller add an l (lowercase L) to the end of the filename if it's uploaded on imgur :) http://i.imgur.com/t2iWVXEl.jpg

Red Mage

People only hate Lightning because they have an unreasonable hate boner for Final Fantasy XIII because of hype backlash.

Not really. I hated the whole game because it was boring, tedious, and annoyed me. I hate each of the main 'heroes' except Sazh, who was decent, imo. The entire story could've been solved in about thirty minutes if any of them had a brain, and I disliked how most of them were almost entirely about one, maybe two, character traits. FFV had better character development than XIII did and that game's almost an excuse plot to set up the awesome battle system it has.

Pejo

Well, i'm down to about 10 elites left to go on the newest dungeons and I'm done with the Squall event. Couldn't beat Norg and don't really care about leviathan, so whatever.

I think I'm going to grind all my stamina on upgrade materials today. I have so many weapons sitting at like 10/15 and 15/20 that I combined and just left there for the inventory space. I have a feeling a lot of these would rival my 6* VI sword and some of the other weapons with synergy taken in to account. I REALLY need mage weapons though.

I'm sitting at 50+ mythril again too, just waiting for a banner that has something I want. I'm hoping the Red XIII one comes up soon, or Balthier.

Negator

Mastered the elite rush. My setup.

rz7ufDyl.jpeg

Cloud is using Zealot RM to keep Norg in check.

Lost 1 medal to Dino, 3 to Oildudes, and 4 to Norg. Ran out of abilities at the very end, it was pretty scary.

Used sentinel on Dino and Oildudes.

Quake AND Blitz were unnecessary. Should have went in with a r4 Blizzaga instead of Quake.

Is anyone farming Granaldo? Seems like an amazing 4* orb spot.

Macnair

Cleared the boss rush this morning without needing a mythril thankfully, since then I've been farming Granaldo in Balamb Garden+ all day for cheap 4* orbs :)

Apart from tomorrow's Gil dungeon which I'm going to master for the rewards (I've skipped it the past two weeks due to story/events) I'm going to be repeating the Granaldo fight until the next set of content is released...

What kind of orbs? 4* earth orbs?

I really need protectga for the boss rush.

SunGod

What kind of orbs? 4* earth orbs?

I really need protectga for the boss rush.

Seems like each enemy drops a certain type of orb; dark, non-elemental, wind or power and you get either a 3* or 4*. Someone on reddit got a 4* dark, non-elemental, wind and power orb all in one battle, for 18 stamina.

Red Mage

I'll farm him tonight. At 4 Stamina Shards and I can do the last non-elite XIII stage for 48 Stamina, meaning I can do it until I get down to about 45 or so, then clear that stage for a full refresh. = o

I absolutely hate Oilboyle. Seal evil roaming warrior fails on them half the time, S/L right there.

Let's see how complaining to GAF works here is a log of my attempts:
Seal evil fails on both, silence worse off second seal evil failed on one and vivi died (neither bosses dead at this point), Seal evil fails on both, seal evil fails on one, seal evil fails on one, sleep buster hits but I end up physically attacking, get it down to one but run out of everything and die (at this point I start to S/L if sleep buster misses with 2 uses due to being R1 I need every hit to count), seal evil fails on one (also the music stopped playing...even the music has given up), Seal evil fails on both, sleep fail, sleep fail (now with added oil blast counter), vivi used quake double oil blast counter, sleep fail, sleep fail, one down not enough resources to take down other, seal fail, sleep fail, seal fail.

If you weren't counting that was 18 attempts (plus the ones I didn't record). You win game, I've given up. Thanks for wasting 67 stamina (plus my time on all those futile attempts). I thought I'd be okay because nobody else really seemed to having problems here but doesn't look like that was the case for me as I just lack the damage to win in the timeframe of the status duration.

Part of the might have been a bad RW. I hear something about mind affecting silence duration and if that is the case not all Aerith are equal and also given the problems with the physical side of things tauntaliate or sentinal might be better things to do here (I hear they are physical yet retaliate was not triggering off some of their attacks :( ), protectaga too if greater earth orbs were not such a rare thing.

Maybe if I grind out in the Sunday dungeon I'll be a in a slightly better position. Also being able to get sleep and silence buster to R2 will help out as well (it is the ice crystals I'm missing which are the Saturday dungeon).

Nohar

Tried Bottomswell (Elite) with only one mage and one ranged. BIG mistake. Gosh, that guy is so cheap! He has an AoE attack, he is out of range, and he can trap people (who can only be freed by freakin' magic attacks)! What the hay?! I missed mastery, I need to fight it again. MRGRGR.

I absolutely hate Oilboyle. Seal evil roaming warrior fails on them half the time, S/L right there.

Let's see how complaining to GAF works here is a log of my attempts:
Seal evil fails on both, silence worse off second seal evil failed on one and vivi died (neither bosses dead at this point), Seal evil fails on both, seal evil fails on one, seal evil fails on one, sleep buster hits but I end up physically attacking, get it down to one but run out of everything and die (at this point I start to S/L if sleep buster misses with 2 uses due to being R1 I need every hit to count), seal evil fails on one (also the music stopped playing...even the music has given up), Seal evil fails on both, sleep fail, sleep fail (now with added oil blast counter), vivi used quake double oil blast counter, sleep fail, sleep fail, one down not enough resources to take down other, seal fail, sleep fail, seal fail.

If you weren't counting that was 18 attempts (plus the ones I didn't record). You win game, I've given up. Thanks for wasting 67 stamina (plus my time on all those futile attempts). I thought I'd be okay because nobody else really seemed to having problems here but doesn't look like that was the case for me as I just lack the damage to win in the timeframe of the status duration.

Part of the might have been a bad RW. I hear something about mind affecting silence duration and if that is the case not all Aerith are equal and also given the problems with the physical side of things tauntaliate or sentinal might be better things to do here (I hear they are physical yet retaliate was not triggering off some of their attacks :( ), protectaga too if greater earth orbs were not such a rare thing.

Maybe if I grind out in the Sunday dungeon I'll be a in a slightly better position. Also being able to get sleep and silence buster to R2 will help out as well (it is the ice crystals I'm missing which are the Saturday dungeon).

This makes me glad I rethought my original party set up and went silence buster instead of seal evil. Sure you only can hit one per turn (assuming it sticks) but you probably have more than two shots of it.

Is there a quest for dark buster? Or should I just make it now? Can you vito the dino boss elite I could just do that with intimidate to not die

So, I don't have death yet and I supspect that I won't deal enough damage and run out of abilities against Norg.
Woulda a weapon with 'KO' like the Zantetsuken (with some luck) work on Norg?

So, I don't have death yet and I supspect that I won't deal enough damage and run out of abilities against Norg.
Woulda a weapon with 'KO' like the Zantetsuken (with some luck) work on Norg?

Yes. I would take a party with the Zantetsuken and Killer bow just to increase your odds. Make sure that one of the two is using the Zealot materia (I would say the killer bow character since you aren't asking him/her to be your damage dealer).

On another topic, has anyone tried out Shadowbind? With Granado dropping both GNEO and GPO, I'm curious. Probably not enough bosses that susceptible to stop to choose shadowbind over honing one of the breakdowns

wow, check this out for upcoming free abilities: http://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/abilities-given-by-events-updated-6-21.1787/

Vilifier

Neo Member
Took forever for the zealot record materia to drop, but I am glad I took the time to do it, because elite Norg was annoying to fight against and it would have taken me even longer to beat it without zealot.

After the above fight decided to try a 3 pull from the Squall banner and got lucky with the betrayal sword dropping. Can't wait to try the boss rush. I am feeling lucky.

FireVoa

Squall Boss Rush done! First off, fuck those Oilboyles. Like seriously, I brought Silence and Sleep Buster with 4/4 uses each and missed each and every single run. Some of the worst RNG I've ever encountered. Plus, they just loved picking on characters one at a time and systematically killed me. Now that the nightmare is over time to farm the first boss I guess, but not even Norg was an issue compared with those Oilboyles... :/

Ashodin

Yeah I need to get Bard to 50, but in other news, Squall is almost 50!

And I beat boss rush so Squall event is complete!

Just grinding out Tidus' second RM

Red Mage

I've been farming the first boss. Dunno if I am going to try and clear this boss rush. The last two bosses just aren't fun and I have Leviathan already.

Yeah, good old Tidus Zantetsuken'ed Norg with his second attack!
I can now join the Granaldo-orbfarming, and will maybe do a serious attempt at the boss rush towards the end of the event after some honing.
I don't think it will make much sense at the moment since I'm too low on fitting equipment and need to create/hone some of the nicer abilities.
(I guess I could do it, but it would require some Mythril that I'd prefer to save.)

Squall Boss Rush done! First off, fuck those Oilboyles. Like seriously, I brought Silence and Sleep Buster with 4/4 uses each and missed each and every single run. Some of the worst RNG I've ever encountered. Plus, they just loved picking on characters one at a time and systematically killed me. Now that the nightmare is over time to farm the first boss I guess, but not even Norg was an issue compared with those Oilboyles... :/

I certainly hope you didn't have them equipped on the same character.

PSA for anyone playing the Japanese version, there's an event going on right now that lets you "buy" any previously released character besides the FFIII cast, as they're having a separate event currently. Most notably, this is the first in-game opportunity to get Warrior if you missed out on him when the game first launched as part of the pre-registration bonus.

PSA for anyone playing the Japanese version, there's an event going on right now that lets you "buy" any previously released character besides the FFIII cast, as they're having a separate event currently. Most notably, this is the first in-game opportunity to get Warrior if you missed out on him when the game first launched as part of the per-registration bonus.

Ha I predicted it months ago. Whats the cost of buying?

MicH

Finally I have some time to go back and complete all these elites I've been neglecting. Currently at 83 stamina so that says how many I have left :p

They really should up the Stamina refresh rate. Maybe not to 2 stamina per 3 minutes but 2 Stamina per 5 minutes? I am tired of waiting hours till it refreshes.

There should also be some reward for i.e. doing 100 Quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom