• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
How'd you go about it, Wazzy?

In this case my gear really helped out and I didn't use the better strategy to beat him which is using Carbuncle or Reflect so NORG's magic attacks do nothing. You can also bring a friend summon of Tyro Sentinal so that the physical attacks don't do much either.

Make sure to bring death and a bunch of abilities that can last most of the fight after Reflect or Carbuncle is summoned. I think with reflect you don't have to worry about the orbs changing color(for me, I had two characters keeping the orbs in blue territory and if they were blue I had the two characters heal) and just keep attacking his shell until it breaks. Cast death the moment it breaks on NORG and hope it lands. S/L if it doesn't.

You will need Squall for the fight. I brought Irvine at level 39(I thought I had him at 40 but nope lol) and geared him out which was helpful.

Try out the reflect and death strat and it should hopefully work.

Hmmm I have reflect but was using it on him to prevent his buffs. He's never really used much magic on me; just that one stupid move that does ridiculous damage.

I've never let the orbs stay red long enough to see what happens. He goes magic crazy?

I haven't created death yet. I'll have to give it another shot after I level Squall.

GAMERG0D

So Mesmerize Blade 4* 15/15 has 117 attack with RS and two Galbadian Blade 4* ++ has 105 attack with RS. Now I have two Mesmerize Blades so it might be best to combine them since I have two other weapons with 105 attack right?

Balphon

Hmmm I have reflect but was using it on him to prevent his buffs. He's never really used much magic on me; just that one stupid move that does ridiculous damage.

I've never let the orbs stay red long enough to see what happens. He goes magic crazy?

I haven't created death yet. I'll have to give it another shot after I level Squall.

The orbs each have their own ATB. If you let them stay red one will start nuking you and the other will cast debuffs (slow, silence, dispel).

Well, that was ugly. Got Squall's materia or crystal or whatever the hell it's called. The boss ate two people for 3000 damage before anybody had even acted. Fortunately I brought along some pretty good stuff to finish him off with the remaining members for an impressive Novice victory. Aeris's seal evil limit break worked on him, and then I would Intimidate when it went down. Blizzaga was super effective... unfortunately Squall had Firaga Sword though. Sometimes he'd get some nasty attack in between stun/stop that I'd have to Curaga back up for. Still had charges of Dia left, but I expended all other spell points.

Wazzy

Banned
Well, that was ugly. Got Squall's materia or crystal or whatever the hell it's called. The boss ate two people for 3000 damage before anybody had even acted. Fortunately I brought along some pretty good stuff to finish him off with the remaining members for an impressive Novice victory. Aeris's seal evil limit break worked on him, and then I would Intimidate when it went down. Blizzaga was super effective... unfortunately Squall had Firaga Sword though. Sometimes he'd get some nasty attack in between stun/stop that I'd have to Curaga back up for. Still had charges of Dia left, but I expended all other spell points.
Do you have Blind or any Blind attacks? you could prevent even more damage that way. Also you should try to have more ice attacks instead of Dia to kill T-rex faster so you can aim for mastery.

Do you have Blind or any Blind attacks? you could prevent even more damage that way. Also you should try to have more ice attacks instead of Dia to kill T-rex faster so you can aim for mastery.

I should've tried for a lot of things. I went in blind--I didn't bring blind. I basically went in with my standard "let's see what we're up against" kit, except with crappier party members like Irvine.

elty

I am so stupid, I brought my rank 1 protect which didn't have enough use to vit0 the last 2 bosses.

edit: rerun this with proper setup:

lv58 Tidus: that FFVI sword, rk3 double cut, rk2 silence buster (Zealot)
lv50 Tyro: Sentinal's Grimoire, rk2 quake, rk3 Blizzaga (Devotion)
lv52 Cloud: Blitz Sword, rk5 retaliate, rk2 Blizzard strike (Cloud RM1)
lv54 Garnet: Judgement staff, rk5 Curaga, rk1 Phoenix (WM RM2)
lv36 Squall: Buster sword, rk4 double cut rk3 protect

Friend: Vanille Deprotecta

Boss 1: The easiest battle. Tyro used quake and Cloud used retaliate. Do not use too much double cut though because you will need this later.

Boss 2: This is not that difficult as my Garnet can out heal T-Rex damage. Tyro used blizzaga and Cloud retaliate.

Boss 3: This is the most difficult fight, I had to restart a few times due to the counter. Squall protect boss A then Boss B. Tidus used Silence buster and Vanille's deprotecta. Squall reprotect boss A then Boss B. Once boss A is vit0, Cloud, Tyro and Tidus used the standard retaliate routine. Make sure you used all Tidus double cut but saves a few charges from Squall. Do not cast quake since it can trigger TWO counters. Remember to use phoenix at some point so you get the fire weakness medal.

Boss 4: Tidus used regular attack to reset the orb. Standard VIT0 and retaliate for the rest.

I forgot to use Tyro's soul break so it is optional. Cloud's default soulbreak is useful once VIT0ed.

I've done 6 granado runs and received three greater wind two greater dark one greater power, a ind orb, and a xii bowgun 2*.

This is going to be great, particularly if I can limit the stamina wastage.

Curaja
Slowaga

Is there a list of abilities out in Japan? How many gwos do I need to shoot for.

Wazzy

Banned
Is Boss Rush NORG same as last elite or is he easier?
I've done 6 granado runs and received three greater wind two greater dark one greater power, a ind orb, and a xii bowgun 2*.

This is going to be great, particularly if I can limit the stamina wastage.

Curaja
Slowaga

Is there a list of abilities out in Japan? How many gwos do I need to shoot for.

I've been meaning to make Slowga so it's good to hear about this farming spot. I'll finish boss rush first and then farm it out.

Wazzy

Banned
So Mesmerize Blade 4* 15/15 has 117 attack with RS and two Galbadian Blade 4* ++ has 105 attack with RS. Now I have two Mesmerize Blades so it might be best to combine them since I have two other weapons with 105 attack right?
I would leave it on two characters for now if you're low on VIII 5* gear.

All the bosses but the first are slightly weaker than their elite versions, I believe.
Awesome thanks!

I'm not Wazzy, but I did it with the Bard's second RM on my fastest guy and gave Vivi Gravity. Norg himself will take 9999 DMG per cast, and if you have it honed at least once you can kill him very quickly once his lid pops up.

Cool, I'll create gravity and death then give this another go after I level Squall up. I want those 5* orbs!

Roto13

How did I forget that the Garamsythe Waterway flan boss is actually four flans? Why didn't I bring Trance Fira? Learn from my mistake, boys and girls.
Mastered in anyway.

Still remaining vito free in this game. About to master boss rush. Lost 9 medals on first try, 1 too many...just 3 through 3 this time. Will lose 4 on last boss for 7 lost total. I want my major growth egg!

Mastered. No mythril, no vito.

Vivi 53
Light rod
Gaia vest
Quake 4 uses
Firaga 8
BM RM2

Rinoa 48
Gravity 4 plus
Balamb Uni
Blizzaga 6
Silencga 6

Garnet 54
Judgment 5 plus
Regal Gown
Curaga 12
Protectga 2...didnt help much.
WM RM2

Squall 47
Revolver
Genji Armor 5 plus
Fira Strike 8
Blizzara Strike 6

Tidus 57
Blitz Sword
Galbadian 2 plus plus
Intimidate 6
Sleep Attack, 3 star, 6
Cloud RM1

Mastered 0, 0, 3, 4 medals lost. Bring aoe friend for first, keep trex locked...dont wait until he breaks free...keep spamming. WMRM2 is needed...had 0 heals left on victory but I was making sure my team was at full health for that super blast norg does...can 1 shot Vivi and almost Garnet if not full hp.

Good luck.

Beat the Squall Boss Rush but missed Mastery by one medal. :/

I'm not sure if I'll do it again though, the Mastery rewards aren't that unique, but if I have some extra stam down the road I might give it another shot. Happy to have Leviathan though. :)

Kaiterra

Banned
Ugh, I've been stuck all week needing to upgrade multiple weapons and with no Scarletite to do it. I would have saved it from Festival of Gold except inventory slots. So now I'm trying to do this stupid Heroic daily and I have to repeatedly save/load every round because even though it's an FFX dungeon and I have Tidus wearing 5* gear, he's STILL GETTING KILLED IN TWO HITS BEFORE I CAN TAKE A SINGLE ACTION. WHY????? did they ramp up the Heroic daily difficulty so much?! It's not like the rewards are better! I was doing the last batch just fine!

EDIT: Oh yay after constantly reshuffling so the starting ATB gauges don't screw me over, I just get a shitload of Adamantite to add to the pile that is clogging up my inventory with no use already. So ugh, the rewards for this are actually worse if you need a specific material.

Ugh, I've been stuck all week needing to upgrade multiple weapons and with no Scarletite to do it. I would have saved it from Festival of Gold except inventory slots. So now I'm trying to do this stupid Heroic daily and I have to repeatedly save/load every round because even though it's an FFX dungeon and I have Tidus wearing 5* gear, he's STILL GETTING KILLED IN TWO HITS BEFORE I CAN TAKE A SINGLE ACTION. WHY????? did they ramp up the Heroic daily difficulty so much?! It's not like the rewards are better! I was doing the last batch just fine!

EDIT: Oh yay after constantly reshuffling so the starting ATB gauges don't screw me over, I just get a shitload of Adamantite to add to the pile that is clogging up my inventory with no use already. So ugh, the rewards for this are actually worse if you need a specific material.

What level are you? Mine LVL36 Tidus survives 1 hit from Heroic trash. Do not get each wave to get anymore than 2 hits on you. Every round use Double Cut + Aga spell + Aga Heal.

Nohar

FFVIII boss rush completed. I thought T-Rex was going to be a breeze, but it was the boss who made me S/L the most. Norg was still as tedious as in the Elite fight... Never again.

Kaiterra

Banned
You can use armor materials for weapons. Dont get as much value but better than having a full inventory.

The full inventory isn't really my problem. I mean I guess it is, I just kept too much Adamantite figuring I'd be getting more armor drops than I have been. But I don't need to empty it right now. It's just not going to get me as much EXP as I need to level up this Mage Masher and Betrayal Sword to use the Adamantite I do have.

What level are you? Mine LVL36 Tidus survives 1 hit from Heroic trash. Do not get each wave to get anymore than 2 hits on you. Every round use Double Cut + Aga spell + Aga Heal.

Lv53 and my Tidus is still just as survivable as yours. The problem is that I can be a little tolerant of taking a hit or two in the first two rounds of a battle but then I don't even get a chance to heal up when the RNG is giving both enemies an action before I can go. That loses me a life in the first round or two due to bad luck but then on the third round they have a much higher chance of getting a kill just off a single attack because I'm already hurt.

It's basically the helplessness that is getting to me. If I could even do anything before I lose a character it would be a lot less frustrating because then it's actually my bad.

Razmos

New character in the JP version:
Reno (FFVII)
His relic soul break deals AoE Lightning Damage and Paralyzes.

As well as new soul breaks for Cid, Sephiroth and Red XIII. (Red XIII's is pretty awesome, Regen to the whole party + restores one ability use for the party)

Inb4 "they added Reno before Yuffie, Cait Sith or Vincent?"

New character in the JP version:
Reno (FFVII)
His relic soul break deals AoE Lightning Damage and Paralyzes.

As well as new soul breaks for Cid, Sephiroth and Red XIII. (Red XIII's is pretty awesome, Regen to the whole party + restores one ability use for the party)

Inb4 "they added Reno before Yuffie, Cait Sith or Vincent?"
wut

I can't. All bets are off now.

Indeed,
he is the first villain to be added who wasn't previously playable right? (Seifer, Sephiroth and Golbez are all playable at some point)

More villains plz. I want Ultimecia as my black mage :3
If you don't count Dissidia, there's also Gilgamesh who's in RK but was not playable in any FF, but Reno seems totally random and extremely bizarre. Like, the staff had a meeting and were like "Yes, Reno should be next." O_O And where's Cait Sith? I need him. If we're getting freaking Reno, (who's like the worst Turk) then gimme my cat riding a giant moogle please.

But as I said before, this really opens up the floodgates. Nobody's off limits!

Yes got the Bards 2nd RM after quite a while trying. Basically unlimited Bladeblitz :DD

Need to get Ranger Crystal and level up Squall/Irvine a bit more to level 50.

If I had Wakka's ball Tidus would be pretty bad ass for these ranged bosses with bladeblitz. With that said...I think I'll pass on bladeblitz and spend my greater wind on honing Curaja. I can get it up to 8 uses...gonna look over what else they are used for but curaja at 8 sounda tempting.

Red Mage

Fixed that for you.

Not sure why everyone has such a hate on for Lightning being shoved down our throats when Cloud is a far, far worse offender.

We didn't get any extra with Cloud for years afterwards, plus FFVII was fun. Lightning is the second worst main character, behind Vaan.

Mastered. No mythril, no vito.

Vivi 53
Light rod
Gaia vest
Quake 4 uses
Firaga 8
BM RM2

Rinoa 48
Gravity 4 plus
Balamb Uni
Blizzaga 6
Silencga 6

Garnet 54
Judgment 5 plus
Regal Gown
Curaga 12
Protectga 2...didnt help much.
WM RM2

Squall 47
Revolver
Genji Armor 5 plus
Fira Strike 8
Blizzara Strike 6

Tidus 57
Blitz Sword
Galbadian 2 plus plus
Intimidate 6
Sleep Attack, 3 star, 6
Cloud RM1

Mastered 0, 0, 3, 4 medals lost. Bring aoe friend for first, keep trex locked...dont wait until he breaks free...keep spamming. WMRM2 is needed...had 0 heals left on victory but I was making sure my team was at full health for that super blast norg does...can 1 shot Vivi and almost Garnet if not full hp.

Good luck.

This is pretty much what I did, with exactly he same medal result. Only difference was I had tidus use silence buster and rinoa hit norg with death, successful the first attempt. A good well rounded non retaliate non vit0 strategy. Zealot was the savior, I used that on tidus with zantetsuken.

This is pretty much what I did, with exactly he same medal result. Only difference was I had tidus use silence buster and rinoa hit norg with death, successful the first attempt. A good well rounded non retaliate non vit0 strategy. Zealot was the savior, I used that on tidus with zantetsuken.

Could have put silencga on Garnet and death if i had it on Rinoa or Vivi but just wanted people in simple rolls. Riskier strat but probably successful. Could save a medal perhaps on norg with actions taken as i lost 2 on that category.

Could have put silencga on Garnet and death if i had it on Rinoa or Vivi but just wanted people in simple rolls. Riskier strat but probably successful. Could save a medal perhaps on norg with actions taken as i lost 2 on that category. Probably what you want to do if you dont have blitz, revolver or valiant....that or squeeze in cripple or demi or whatever it is called to get 9999.

Oops quoted when i wanted to edit...which i did....ignore this post. Added some tip in the edited quote.

Nohar

We didn't get any extra with Cloud for years afterwards, plus FFVII was fun. Lightning is the second worst main character, behind Vaan.

Taratata! Vaan was uninteresting, but at least he is somewhat likeable. That isn't the case of Lightning, who we had to put up with for 3 games in a row (not to mention her cameo in FFXIV).

That being said: I want my leading man. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom