• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

So, I'm trying to farm Protect Vests [for the Shinra event]. Is there a particular trick in farming it, or do I just need to keep continually going through Antlion's Den hoping it drops? That's a lot of wasted Stamina if it doesn't. The same goes for Mythril Armlet [Baron's Castle] and Iron Bangle [Mount Hobs].

Is there any chance specific enemies drop it, such as the end boss for each stage? If so, could the "Retreat Method" work?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
me irl right now after the gil dungeon went live:

lQsopQDl.jpg

Prototype

If i cast protect on someone, how long does it last? Will it still be on at camp and throughout each level of a dungeon?
90 sec Blind
60 sec Reflect, Regen
40 sec Protect, Shell, Sleep, Confuse
35sec Boost
30secSlow, Silence
25 sec Break
20 sec Paralyze
10 sec Stop

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/318dxz/tables_on_game_mechanics/.compact

Status effect duration

The duration of negative status effects does not depend on the number of turns. They last for a set amount of in-game time. In-game time always passes when you can see your characters ATB gauge filling up. During times when the ATB gauge stops (during the animation for limit breaks, for example) the in-game clock doesn't progress either.

If one of your characters ends a battle round with a negative status effect like blind, he will still have it at the beginning of the next battle round and its effect duration will be reset (to 90 sec in the case of blind).

chrono01

I can only attempt Normal moment. I need to increase my levels/gear some.

Still, liking the gold, for sure. It'll help me out a lot.

Yaari

Did 8 rolls, mostly trash. Oh well not too bothered. Since I started with a Buster Sword. It's only 5% after all.

Wish I could beat Hard Mode for the Gil dungeon though. Normal is too easy.

I got a Sages Rod which improves Light Holy damage. So will it give me stronger heals?

TheContact

Damn I thought the daily mythril reward reset each day. Did hard mode finally but now it's going to be tough to get mythril

JNA

Banned
Damn I thought the daily mythril reward reset each day. Did hard mode finally but now it's going to be tough to get mythril

Indeed. Especially when we eventually finish the elite dungeons. How we supposed to get Mytrill then? Besides getting one once a week or something?

Jeez, just got 16K now from just one round on hard mode. The gill here if you are capable of doing it is pretty damn awesome.

Indeed. Especially when we eventually finish the elite dungeons. How we supposed to get Mytrill then? Besides getting one once a week or something?

Jeez, just got 16K now from just one round on hard mode. The gill here if you are capable of doing it is pretty damn awesome.
Dungeons like shinra, which we'll likely be getting every 2 weeks. Those have hard modes too don't they?

Nm they don't, still new dungeons every 2 weeks isn't too bad for mythril aside from new characters/gear

That's fine I'd be down to pay something like 10$ or 15$ for 11 relic draws, but 30$ is a bit steep don't ya think?
Oh yes, very much, I posted this exact thing the day I started.

But I didn't mind dropping $3 for one draw and if I keep playing, I'll do it again at some point.

So the new update yesterday(?) fixed my menus for the most part on my Galaxy S5. Much better experience than before, and it's a hell of a lot easier doing things now.

I have so much inventory space now thanks to all that gil

elty

Anyone actually managed to get a black cowl from the ghost ship before? I played over 15 times now and nada.

Road

So, how to quit fights:

Force close the app:
- you don't lose stamina
- but the drop is always the same

Flee after kill:
- you lose stamina
- but the drop changes

Is this right?

I assumed this was some exploitative trash given Square Enix's history with mobile but I've been seeing some positive opinions. Is it worth spending time on?

ZiggyST

Banned
I manage to get Sephiroth!
Thanks for the good advice guys.

I have to confess, I use one mithril to continue the second flying boss, but I don't care, my rydia was kill on his first attack so I lost any chance to win, and I didn't want to start over all that dungeon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I assumed this was some exploitative trash given Square Enix's history with mobile but I've been seeing some positive opinions. Is it worth spending time on?

If you think square is putting out exploitive trash then just skip this one too. This is about as exploitive as their other games which is to say, not much at all.

Um. Square-Enix has dozens upon dozens of mobile games and only one of them might qualify as questionably bad (and some people still liked it).

Wazzy

Banned
Levelling up Sephiroth since he seems pretty good. I'll boot him once I get VIII characters.
Wazzy, this isn't related to your post, but you should join us in the Visual Novel Community Thread for reasons. 🐇
I'll definitely check it out! I do need some new visual novel recommendations. :p

rybrad

Is there anywhere to get decent Scarletite drops besides the daily dungeon or should I just ditch all these 1 star weapons I have killing my inventory space?

liezryou

Oh yes, very much, I posted this exact thing the day I started.

But I didn't mind dropping $3 for one draw and if I keep playing, I'll do it again at some point.

Eh 3$ for a piece is not justifiable for me.

On another note, where is the best place farming 2 star thunder orbs? I did mako reactor 5 elite and got like 5 3 star ones but i need the 2 star ones :(.

Is there anywhere to get decent Scarletite drops besides the daily dungeon or should I just ditch all these 1 star weapons I have killing my inventory space?
I don't think there's anywhere to get them besides the daily dungeons (yet).

It's generally better to use trash items to level up other items and combine them, even one star items can become beast when they are ++ and matched to the dungeon.

Road

If you think square is putting out exploitive trash then just skip this one too. This is about as exploitive as their other games which is to say, not much at all.

Disagree.

This game is capitalism and business from start to finish. This makes AAA game design seems like a pool of creativity. FFRK is created with the sole and final reason of making money and nothing else. I doubt this was a product of a writer, director or any artist who wanted to make something to express themselves. Just a calculated, manufactured product to check all the F2P boxes. (I'd say this one is even worse than other F2P games because it is mostly rehashing content from other games).

That said, it doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. And If you don't want to even try it on principle, that's fine too.

liezryou

Disagree.

This game is capitalism and business from start to finish. This makes AAA game design seems like a pool of creativity. FFRK is created with the sole and final reason of making money and nothing else. I doubt this was a product of a writer, director or any artist who wanted to make something to express themselves. Just a calculated, manufactured product to check all the F2P boxes. (I'd say this one is even worse than other F2P games because it is mostly rehashing content from other games).

That said, it doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. And If you don't want to even try it on principle, that's fine too.

Aren't most games made to make money...?

Ryker

Well, yes and no. If you can handle the idea of playing in small bursts a few times a day, then this could be the game for you. Though, it does have a good way of sinking its teeth into you via the nostalgia trip, and then piling on the stamina requirements to do anything.

I've gotten into the habit of playing a little every 2.5 hours, several times a day, and I'm making a decent amount of progress. I refuse to spend any money on it, but as long it allows me to play without feeling like spending a money is a requirement to make progress, then I will continue to play it.

The daily dungeons and events go a long way in making the experience fun and rewarding for continued play. I haven't felt like I'm missing out much by not spending cash, although I've felt somewhat frustrated when I was farming certain items and they refused to drop. You are at the mercy of rng, and if it's not in your favor, you can waste tons of stamina on nothing.

As far as being exploitative, well.. yeah, when the stamina requirements jump to 10-12+ per segment of a dungeon, it does feel like it's pushing the limit of its consumer friendly boundaries. Mind you, there's really no rush to beat elite dungeons and the like as long as you're able to do the event that's available, that's a good goal to aim for. Elite dungeons are just the icing on the cake, so even with the high stamina requirements, you can sort of forgive the stamina sink.

With all that said, this is definitely not a game for everyone. The inability to play for extended periods of time without ponying up the dough is a deal-breaker for many gaming traditionalists. I don't play many mobile games, because of their egregious cash-grabbing nature, but because I dove into this game knowing what to expect.. given that it's a freemium title, I haven't had too many qualms with it.

If you want to be able to dive in head first and marathon the content, goodluck. You'll prolly have to spend a lot of cash. If you intend to take it slowly, but not necessarily casually since you'll want to make the most of your stamina, then give it a shot. There's some fun to be had. As for myself, I think I will be playing this until I get bored without having to drop a dime.

PS. If you're looking for a deep plot and innovative gameplay mechanics, you're in the wrong place. The game is to be played for its traditional rpg gameplay, stat/character growth, acquiring familiar characters, and overcoming the next hurdle in your path. It's definitely not something to write home about on the originality front.

What's the best way to get new armor for my mages? They're really squishy and constantly dying. I just finished the last classic dungeon and my guys are 17-22, but my mages are more like 10-15 because they're always dying

Also, people keep saying whip has auto damage, but i equipped onto rydia and nothing. Am I missing something?

What's the best way to get new armor for my mages? They're really squishy and constantly dying. I just finished the last classic dungeon and my guys are 17-22, but my mages are more like 10-15 because they're always dying
Upgrade and combine stuff you can get multiples of to get ++ versions of them.

And/or match their armor you equip them with to the dungeon you're in (ie: VI armor when in FF VI dungeons).

Edit: This may or may not be obvious, but it's something I thought of reading your post; MAKE SURE THEY ARE IN BACK ROW.

Just got a Genji Helm (Kreygasm) my first 5 star item.

Can someone explain upgrading and weapon combining to me? It's clear that there is some diminishing return when it comes to upgrading higher star items with lower star items, but then using scarletites or admantites seem to fill up the improvement progress bar dramatically but then don't actually give any stats.

Also, weapon combining seems to really not do anything other than give you the + sign and allow you to throw a few more upgrades on the weapon, which is useless if you are upgrading a one or two star which can be replaced by an inherently stronger 4 or 5 star weapon if you are lucky enough to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom