• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Leviathan get. Hopefully it was worth the Mythril.

Power Breakdown, not so much? I haven't even started the Elite section of the VII event.

Power Breakdown is a significant step up over Power Break, though there are obviously other mitigation tools that make it less than indispensable. Plus, bosses are apparently going to start resisting break soon.

Also, unlike summons, the orb cost for crafting it is not prohibitive.

Wazzy

Banned
The Jenova event has hit hard. My Seph still only has a knife, his one true friend.

Granaldo is being stingy today in my game. I don't need another pair of Sonic Knuckles. >_<
Haven't even attempted it yet and it doesn't sound like it will be fun LOL

also new event already? I'll still do Grenaldo farming until It ends but I guess I'll work a little more on Shinra event too.

Haven't even attempted it yet and it doesn't sound like it will be fun LOL

also new event already? I'll still do Grenaldo farming until It ends but I guess I'll work a little more on Shinra event too.
Only the last two bosses are any trouble really, but the later mobs are really annoying too, when you have to cart around Sephiroth with no good weapon. :/

I still have elites from the initial launch of the game I haven't finished, and the new classic dungeons :X

I'm never going to be as far ahead as you guys are, I simply don't have the time/drive/dedication to this game

Power Breakdown is a significant step up over Power Break, though there are obviously other mitigation tools that make it less than indispensable. Plus, bosses are apparently going to start resisting break soon.

Also, unlike summons, the orb cost for crafting it is not prohibitive.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at, I can craft one now and have leftover orbs, so I don't know if I'll stress trying to do the boss rush unless it's less of a pain than the one.

Have no interest in crawling over glass for a power breakdown, I can probably make 20 of them with the orbs I have. Jenova can piss off.

Good try game, I was dreading it being Bahumut or something I really want.

Road

Just an fyi, Protect & Protectga double the defense stat and the Sentinel soul break is a damage reduction effect (all damage reduced by 60%) that will apply on top of the protect effect. They stack and are not mutually exclusive.

The effects stack (by accident or by design), but Sentinel Grimoire also works by increasing def and mdef, tripling them in fact.

When you use both, your def is increased six times (or mdef, if Shell).

Thinking I might be done with the game. I logged in at the beginning of the Red XIII event and did three 11 pulls. 2 were with mythril and the other was with some gems i had been holding for a long time. I got some 5* items, but nothing with a Soul Break.

Not really interested in waiting around for months to get the relics I want only to be disappointed. The whole point of a p2w system is that people who like to spend money (and trust me, i will open my wallet for these games, for better or worse) can get what they want.

The banner system is garbage and if they want my money they need to kill it and go to a constant 2 tier system: boosted rate 5* items and non boosted rate 5* items. Everything in the non boosted pool needs to have the same rate

the other issue is that I've been in an area with little to no internet connectivity in the middle of nowhere for the past 3 weeks and it makes it hard to play. So some days I haven't been able to log in at all, and it's made me a little detached.

But what about ffrki? =|

I know if I spend a few days without being able to play I'll probably feel like you and just quit the damn thing.

I might burn some Mythril (or Gems?) to stamina refill a couple of times this weekend and try to close the gap on my Elites, or at least clear out Memory Crystals.

Since relic pull has been mean to me, I'm starting to view Mythirl as expendable elsewhere (and I have been okay with paying 99¢ for the 100 Gem pulls they're doing).

Road

I swear my account has been assigned with the evil rng algorithm.

I'm in need of lightning orbs so I dedicated my game time this and last Wednesday to the daily. The results were 121 (74+47) wind and 83 (53+30) lightning orbs...

Third time is the charm

FireVoa

JENOVA BOSS RUSH MASTERY COMPLETE! Now let's never speak of this event again.

k8SHa45.png

The effects stack (by accident or by design), but Sentinel Grimoire also works by increasing def and mdef, tripling them in fact.

When you use both, your def is increased six times (or mdef, if Shell).

But what about ffrki? =|

I know if I spend a few days without being able to play I'll probably feel like you and just quit the damn thing.

Good question. Hopefully i can find someone to take it over, will figure out what to do when i get back. I'll probably just open source it, accept pull requests, and eventually transfer ownership to whoever seems the most active

Wazzy

Banned
Did someone say Balthier? I like that they call him the leading man in the announcement.
Hey Raz how do I add more space underneath my name in the spreadsheet? I'm really shitty at using them lol

I wanted to make some room to add my new SB's plus a couple extra spaces.

Razmos

Hey Raz how do I add more space underneath my name in the spreadsheet? I'm really shitty at using them lol

I wanted to make some room to add my new SB's plus a couple extra spaces.
You need to right click on the row next to your name and select "insert 1 below", like so:
d9a628bd30b3df3750ae73d75c89565a.png

Please don't add blank spaces though, we can always add more when needed.

^ Would someone please PM me a link to that spreadsheet? I misplaced it. :eek:
Here ya go :p

Quote to reveal

Also the Balthier event rewards are awesome.

3 2* guns (so a 4*)
3 3* hats (5*)
3 3* shields (5*)
Waterja
Rose Corsage (5*, +15 Mind and high resistance to silence) The PERFECT healer accessory.

You need to right click on the row next to your name and select "insert 1 below", like so:

Here ya go :p

Quote to reveal

Also the Balthier event rewards are awesome.

3 2* guns (so a 4*)
3 3* hats (5*)
3 3* shields (5*)
Waterja
Rose Corsage (5*, +15 Mind and high resistance to silence) The PERFECT healer accessory.
Thank you. :)

Wazzy

Banned
This is going to be quite a lot of stuff happening with Balthier event starting right after Squall event ends. I'm just hoping I'll have enough time to save for Squall's second gunblade in hopes of attempting to get it.

Hmm I see the option but it's greyed out, how do I fix that?

FireVoa

Tips please?

Cloud: Drain strike 6/ Double cut 6 (Veil of Protection)
Seph: Retaliate 6 / Power break 6 (Stunner)
Tidus: Double cut 4 / Armour break 4 (Delay Attack)
Red: Slow 6 / Boost 10 (Lunatic High)
Garnet: Curaga 10 / Protectga 2 (Mystic Prayer)
RW: Sentinel Grimoire

Boss 1 - Breaks on boss and auto attack with boost. Easy kill. No medals lost.
Boss 2 - I gambled with attacking only as I didn't bring magic. Enter retaliate, didn't take long but if you can swing magic it's best. 1 medal lost.
Boss 3 - This one was pretty bad in that he made me use most of my abilities. Break, retaliate, boost, and slow. 3 medals lost.
Boss 4 - The real deal. I used a mythril and unloaded everything. Used boosts on Seph and Cloud exclusively and kept the boss slowed at all costs. Delay attack with High scorer is a god send. Basically just keep your defenses up, stay topped up, and it will end before you know it. 3 medals lost.

Hope that helps, my Seph was doing about 2800 - 3000 dmg with this strategy and whenever using abilities damage would range from 4000 - 6000 depending on the character plus breaks and boosts applied. Good luck all who attempt this run!

Cloud: Drain strike 6/ Double cut 6 (Veil of Protection)
Seph: Retaliate 6 / Power break 6 (Stunner)
Tidus: Double cut 4 / Armour break 4 (Delay Attack)
Red: Slow 6 / Boost 10 (Lunatic High)
Garnet: Curaga 10 / Protectga 2 (Mystic Prayer)
RW: Sentinel Grimoire

Boss 1 - Breaks on boss and auto attack with boost. Easy kill. No medals lost.
Boss 2 - I gambled with attacking only as I didn't bring magic. Enter retaliate, didn't take long but if you can swing magic it's best. 1 medal lost.
Boss 3 - This one was pretty bad in that he made me use most of my abilities. Break, retaliate, boost, and slow. 3 medals lost.
Boss 4 - The real deal. I used a mythril and unloaded everything. Used boosts on Seph and Cloud exclusively and kept the boss slowed at all costs. Delay attack with High scorer is a god send. Basically just keep your defenses up, stay topped up, and it will end before you know it. 3 medals lost.

Hope that helps, my Seph was doing about 2800 - 3000 dmg with this strategy and whenever using abilities damage would range from 4000 - 6000 depending on the character plus breaks and boosts applied. Good luck all who attempt this run!

Thanks I'll make an attempt over the next few days.

Man, Granaldinho isn't giving me anything this morning. 2 Greaters in 100 stamina is so poor :((

It would be nice if they could announce the event duration beforehand. If the timing is the same as Jenova and Seed then I only have the launch date (any the early hours at that) of the event to play this Dreadnought one due to a holiday. Good thing I've got some Mythril spare to make that happen (plus an 11 pull since you know 5* guns and bows don't grow on trees but given luck in here about looking for a specific 5* weapon...). What I don't have however is enough material to upgrade any of the weapons armour that are coming with this which is a shame as they're all ++, none of this + nonsense.

Now apparently for the Dreadnought Leviathan event Japanese players favor using Berserk on some bosses as many of them pack AOE attacks which that negates. Quite a few are vulnerable to paralyze and a few blind too.

Nohar

Finally my man is coming.

As for the Jenova boss rush... Yeah, this is going to be tough. I'm thinking about putting Intimidate on Tidus just to get rid of the first 3 bosses easily. Still need to keep Boost for Cloud (he is my Retaliate man).
At least I know now that I need to put Magic Breakdown on Sephiroth. I S/L way too often during the Elite fight because of Gaz.

Edit: Boss rush completed, with Mastery. Almost killed Materia Keeper flawlessly, but the game crashed, so I had to restart the fight from scratch. Then the Materia Keeper decided to use Trine 3 times in a row (and Sentinel Grimoire wasn't up for the first one)... Everyone was barely alive for Jenova. So, yeah, I basically said "Screw this", let my team die and used a Mythril. Picked the Attack card, and destroyed Jenova.

I'll be honest: I'm happy to be done with that event. Less tedious than the Tidus' one, but Jenova is a *****.
And I need to fight it again in the regular Elite painting, because I didn't get Mastery... ugh.

I think I'll do an 11 pull tomorrow. I'm ready to be disappointed though.

disappointed-yell-gif.gif

Brandson

I spent about half my cures on the Jenova elite trash leading up to the boss, which left me with almost no curing ability for most of Jenova. Still managed to pull it out with only 1 KO. In general, I found the trine spam from the previous boss to be more annoying.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think I'll do an 11 pull tomorrow. I'm ready to be disappointed though.

This is the only way. And then if something good drops, you need to refuse to be elated because they're just setting things up to try to catch you off guard next time, so you should always be 'ho-hum' about good pulls too.

Jenova Elite event boss done.

Generally followed ErasureAcer's advice http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170135456&postcount=13849 but brought Proectga as well to help. Didn't bother with Retaliate (never used it) but I was a bit higher level than he was. Lost 1* each on the trash mob rounds (abilities used) and then 3* total on the boss (2x ability 1x damage) but still mastered. Jenova wasn't too bad. Had to restart once because I got unlucky and she took down Vivi but the restart I kept health topped up better.

On to the boss rush next before the new event.

Edit: 2 Rounds down, first 2 bosses a breeze. Generally following FireVoa's advice above. But brought along Intimidate for first 3 bosses. Materia Keeper was a bitch during Elite so hoping he's going to be a little easy to take down and obviously Jenova. Would love to Master to get that Major Wind Orb.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh! sorry, I stopped other people from changing things, other than adding stuff into cells that are already there.

I'll add the spaces for you, how many do you want?
Cool thanks!

Two more spaces is good since I only have two SB's to add.

Razmos

Cool thanks!

Two more spaces is good since I only have two SB's to add.
Done :)

What's also done is the Squall Event boss rush, yay!
Had to use a mythril after the horror that was Oilboyle, but I ended up mastering it, woo.

Unsure of whether I should spend the rest of my stamina today on farming Granaldo or continuing with the Jenova event.

XJF

I can't believe how crappy the daily is at giving 2* Power Orbs. Hard seems to be most consistent, but it's still pretty greedy.

Mastered Jenova Event. Lost 8* total so may have been cutting it fine but was enough regardless. Materia Keeper I could have went a bit harder on, but wanted to save as much as possible for Jenova. Didn't need to use a mythril refill. 1st 2 bosses are easy, especially paralyzed. Paralyzing Materia Keeper is pointless as it disappears after 1 go but slow helped a lot thanks to Tidus' SB, as it did on Jenova along with Protectga and Sentinel Grimoire stopping most attacks. Not a lot I'd have done different except I only had Fire Magic and Materia Keeper absorbs it :(( However, it made do for Jenova.

I'm going to try the Norg Event again to see if I can Master it this time. Not much else to spend my stamina on today with all Elites and events complete and White Orb daily in full effect.

MicH

Couldn't even master Materia Keeper elite. The trashmobs needed 2-3 hits to get killed

Ugh. I suck at this game. That's with four lvl 50+ characters and all 5*+ gear

Pejo

I just hit 15 mythril again today. Really hard to debate if I want to chance it on the OWA/Red banner or save it for a shot at a gun with Balthier. Probably not gonna get anything either way, but you know, that FFRK life.

Well Squall event Boss Rush is going about as well as last time lol.

Now on to Norg. Sure this will be fun for the 3rd time of grinding his big ass down. Brought death this time, so hoping it one shots him. I have 2 Zantetsuken as well, but I doubt they'll help KO him much more.

Brandson

Mastered boss rush without sentinel grimoire, but got lucky with who Jenova targeted with the gas attack thing for 3k damage. Although, as usual, I have trouble mastering the last couple of stages before the boss rush.

Ack failed to Master Squall Boss Rush again, not sure if it's possible without either really good synergy and/or using Vit0. Even used a mythril and got extra abilities but lost 3* on the last boss (which is harsh because I cracked up open in record time and got death on him without I'd have thought, much damage to me, but apparently wasn't the case). Ah well 30k richer :/

Pleased that event is done with. And we really need health bars for bosses now. Considering how tanky these end ones are, it would help quite a bit.

Having a second glance at the event timing, I am not staying up until 2am to burn mythril getting through the FFXII event (which the end date is likely to be before I get back from holiday). Especially as I have to get up at 6am for my holiday. Oh well. I have to hope Balthier or a 2* Gun are never needed for anything (though IIRC one of his RMs is start battle w/haste).

As far as water goes I got my stupid leviathan summon :p

This might interest some people: A japanese girl with facecam wrecking an EX++ difficulty boss on Record Keeper.

lmao at her team as well. Tellah, Refia, Vaan and Eiko, the ultimate B team.

Then she does a relic pull and her reactions are awesome.
What is that bar under the boss that goes down. As in an actual HP bar? Is that EX++ only or bars something that is eventually added?

Speaking of Japan this chronicle of the early days was interesting:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...nd_an_interesting_website_for_ffrks_history/?

Razmos

Having a second glance at the event timing, I am not staying up until 2am to burn mythril getting through the FFXII event (which the end date is likely to be before I get back from holiday). Especially as I have to get up at 6am for my holiday. Oh well. I have to hope Balthier or a 2* Gun are never needed for anything (though IIRC one of his RMs is start battle w/haste).

As far as water goes I got my stupid leviathan summon :p

What is that bar under the boss that goes down. As in an actual HP bar? Is that EX++ only or bars something that is eventually added?

Speaking of Japan this chronicle of the early days was interesting:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...nd_an_interesting_website_for_ffrks_history/?
From what I've heard the health bar only shows up during event bosses at first but eventually expands to all enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom