• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next "retro" event (Pre-FFVII) is a reissue of the original Cecil event from way at the start (if we get it), then a Sabin/Edgar event. Zidane is a looooooooooooong ways a way and Yuffie hasn't been released anywhere yet.
Oof, thanks.

I guess it's time to spend some Mythril, now or soon, might as well have some gear I can use over hoarding for characters or games I like (especially given how that rarely, if ever, works out in somebody's favor).

according to this
Do you have this for the current VII banner?

Oh man.

The ridiculously low chance of 5x 5*s aside already, ignoring the 0.001%s that have soul breaks, according to this you'd have roughly a 56% chance of any given 5* in the pull having a soul break, and 44% not, so having all 5 not have soul breaks is akin to 44%^5 or 1.7% chance.

That's right. On top of the ridiculously low odds of the 5* motherlode, it was only a 1.7% chance out of THAT to not get a soul break at all.

Mr. Computer...you do it again.

Beat the Sephiroth Boss Rush with Mastery. :)

It actually was pretty easy for me. Instead of a Black Mage, I brought two White Mages and three Fighters and that seemed to work out pretty well. Now that makes me want to go back and redo the Jenova standalone version of the Elites, but I don't want to deal with those mobs again. :/

Vorpal

Other games are pulling me away from FFRK haaaaard, but I don't wanna let go. Time to get started on the FFVII event elites.

Vorpal

Hahahaha you gon have a bad time when Oct-Nov hits and all the big games come out.

It's likely. Even without the big games though, I just sunk five hours into a replay of Chrono Trigger and I have a Suikoden III game just warming up.
Kinda like the grasslands amirite

I haven't left any events incomplete so at least my track record is intact. (Excepting the bonkers Rinoa FFVIII elites.)

Kind of sad seeing people abandoning the game over the last few pages. I'm the opposite; I'm loving it more and more.

They should implement some kind of system that boosts the 5* percentage for every time that you don't draw one. I don't know how that would work really, especially with 11 pulls, but it might help alleviate some of the frustration/bitching if people knew they would eventually be guaranteed a 5*.

This game has seriously put me in the mood for some real FF gaming so I just ordered....Lightning Returns. Lol

Kind of sad seeing people abandoning the game over the last few pages. I'm the opposite; I'm loving it more and more.

They should implement some kind of system that boosts the 5* percentage for every time that you don't draw one. I don't know how that would work really, especially with 11 pulls, but it might help alleviate some of the frustration/bitching if people knew they would eventually be guaranteed a 5*.

This game has seriously put me in the mood for some real FF gaming so I just ordered....Lightning Returns. Lol

Yeah. It's frustrating when you can't get the 5* SB weapons. Especially if it's for one of your favorite characters. But, what keeps it fun for me, is knowing I can combine the freebie 2* and 3* loot which is usually enough to finish most of the content. For the last couple of events I've only completed events up to a certain point. If I get my ass kicked really badly over and over after trying different strategies, I just walk away and do a different event or take a break.

Yeah. It's frustrating when you can't get the 5* SB weapons. Especially if it's for one of your favorite characters. But, what keeps it fun for me, is knowing I can combine the freebie 2* and 3* loot which is usually enough to finish most of the content. For the last couple of events I've only completed events up to a certain point. If I get my ass kicked really badly over and over after trying different strategies, I just walk away and do a different event or take a break.
yes! it is very easy to want everything the game has, or to try to get one specific item, but it isn't fun that way. the game is always designed to frustrate you to the point of spending a bit of money so i feel that if i get annoyed with one event or boss, i just shrug and do something else. i have fun enough just getting the characters, which is easy so far.
did get a viking coat on my 100 gem pull though, aw yiss.

Razmos

The event I've been waiting for has finally started!

I did some pulls just now; the 100 gem pull and an 11 pull.
Got a crappy 3 star dagger from the 100 gem pull, and one 5* item, five 4* items and 5 3* items from the 11 pull.

The 5* was the Viking Coat which has a soul break, which is cool I guess.
2 of the 4* were items that I already had, so I got to do some combining, now I have my first 6* weapon!
Another 4* item was the Ten-Gallon Hat which is pretty cool, I wanted one of those.

I didn't get what I want but it wasn't all bad.
I need to gather another 7 mythril and then I'll do another 11 pull. If I still don't get the Ras Algethi then i'm going to buy a 3-pull.

Nohar

Did my 11 pull: no character specific weapons here. Got two 5* Gladius instead.
Tried to join the cult of 3 pulls, got very disappointed with 3* equipment.

Screw this. I'm not spending any more mythrils until Lightning and Sazh's event.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yo that Gladius is godlike just so you know. AOE debuffs all are.

edit: How did this post end up before yours rofl

edit2: Nevermind, that was weird. Refreshing kicked it back after.

Razmos

Been pretty much waiting for this event since I started playing this game, and have been saving my mythril for weeks.
26 pulls today, and not one of the items I wanted. 1 100 gem pull, 2 11 pulls and I paid for a triple pull.

I only got 2 5* items, both of them being the Viking Coat.

To say i'm disappointed is a total understatement.

Ashodin

Jenova Boss Rush down last night with Mastery, fuck Jenova Birth ya'll

On to Balthier's masteries!
yolo.gif

They should do something like make every 3* item you receive from a rare pull boost the 5* percentage by 1% and 4* boost .5%. Once a 5* pops, the percentages reset.

That would make people feel a little better about pulling 11 3* items and might also encourage people to spend money to receive the guaranteed 5* sooner, especially during a banner they like.

I just used 80 mythril (one 11 pull and two 3 pulls) and received jack so I might be a bit biased right now. :D

Nearly finished the XII event elites. Last 2 stages. Not difficult at all so far, all bosses up to this point have been a cake walk. And I'm almost, almost feeling like I'm swimming in greater wind orbs at 19 and get another 4 from the second last stage. I don't want to spend them lol (or at least kinda want to save them for something good but a few more and I could hone Bladeblitz again to 6 but unsure if better spent elsewhere). Also I can nearly hone Quake to 6 but same boat as BladeBlitz. Hmmm...

Okay they really need to just continue the mythril everyday for now on. I love it so much,

They might as well. Then they don't need to come up with an excuse to give us them every time. Make every day Mythril Day.

Anyone done final boss of XII event elite? How is it?

Nohar

They might as well. Then they don't need to come up with an excuse to give us them every time. Make every day Mythril Day.

Anyone done final boss of XII event elite? How is it?

Apparently, he is prone to VIT0 himself, and will spam his Great Barrier move if berserked.
Doesn't seem too difficult, especially after JENOVA.

Roto13

I've been using the Ranger in every battle for three days and his stupid second record materia won't drop.

Today is a day for farming upgrade materials. I have way too many unupgraded relics. Especially 5 star ones. I got Balthier this morning. The rest of the event can wait until tomorrow.

I've been using the Ranger in every battle for three days and his stupid second record materia won't drop.
Unless you have a NEED for it, it's probably better for your sanity to put him in for new events through what can be auto-battled.

I THOUGHT I did that for Bard in the XII event, but put Ranger in instead (who I haven't got Memory Crystal yet). That's why I got mad and paid the $1 earlier, haha.

Man white and black Mage refill materias are a bloody godsend. Protectga up at the start of every battle and free Quake spells is just mighty. Especially to get through trash mobs. Looking forwards to getting summoners Materia too.

Roto13

Unless you have a NEED for it, it's probably better for your sanity to put him in for new events through what can be auto-battled.

I THOUGHT I did that for Bard in the XII event, but put Ranger in instead (who I haven't got Memory Crystal yet). That's why I got mad and paid the $1 earlier, haha.

Reminds me of when I accidentally raised the Bard 7 levels when I was trying to build a long distance party for that first FFVII event. :p

FYI for anyone lacking a katana weapon like I was, you can actually farm them pretty easily in the Sephiroth event. The first stage of the classic version of Nibelheim has enemies that drop a 2* FFIV katana. It's the white bird dudes.

It's only 4 stam a run and you can get other 2* weapons there too, so it's worth a bit of time if you need a katana. It's not the strongest but it's better than nothing, especially if you don't have a strong dagger laying around, or you need to put it on someone else.

Piranha drops a 2* Crossbow (XII) in the first stage of Barheim Passage - Terminus. Great weapon for Fran if you don't have her relic. Already maxed it out. If it drops, it seems to like dropping two at a time (usually a group of two piranha will each drop one).

FYI for anyone lacking a katana weapon like I was, you can actually farm them pretty easily in the Sephiroth event. The first stage of the classic version of Nibelheim has enemies that drop a 2* FFIV katana. It's the white bird dudes.

It's only 4 stam a run and you can get other 2* weapons there too, so it's worth a bit of time if you need a katana. It's not the strongest but it's better than nothing, especially if you don't have a strong dagger laying around, or you need to put it on someone else.

Is it the Ashura? If so something also drops that in the balthier event.

So is it Yuna, then Edgar/Sabin next or am I forgetting someone?
The spreadsheet linked to me yesterday shows:

Cecil (Dark Knight and Paladin)
Yuna
Quistis and Selphie
Edgar and Sabin

..as the next few events in the Japanese timeline.

Keep in mind that Global timeline has been mixed up a lot in comparison, but it should be one of these next.

Red Mage

The spreadsheet linked to me yesterday shows:

Cecil (Dark Knight and Paladin)
Yuna
Quistis and Selphie
Edgar and Sabin

..as the next few events in the Japanese timeline.

Keep in mind that Global timeline has been mixed up a lot in comparison, but it should be one of these next.

I hope it is right. Gives me time to collect mythril for Edgar's event.

Wazzy

Banned
Geez, I combined a bunch of my 5*'s today and I'm almost broke now. I had 2 million but it's quite expensive to upgrade and combine. Still can't complain since now many of my important 5* are upgraded.

XJF

Made this pull today, super chill about it. My second character specific weapon, first being Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire. Was also able to upgrade my falchion to 5* and my Dancing Dagger to 6*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom