• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
I guess I'll finally be moving on properly to Sephiroth event today with Squall's ending soon. I'm going to miss you Grenaldo :')
Done :)

What's also done is the Squall Event boss rush, yay!
Had to use a mythril after the horror that was Oilboyle, but I ended up mastering it, woo.

Unsure of whether I should spend the rest of my stamina today on farming Granaldo or continuing with the Jenova event.

Thanks!

Roto13

Having a second glance at the event timing, I am not staying up until 2am to burn mythril getting through the FFXII event (which the end date is likely to be before I get back from holiday). Especially as I have to get up at 6am for my holiday. Oh well. I have to hope Balthier or a 2* Gun are never needed for anything (though IIRC one of his RMs is start battle w/haste).

You're not taking your phone with you? :p

Blech, since my Clod is Level 1, it looks like I won't have much luck getting "Mastery" on the Materia Keeper fight (or Boss Rush, if I choose to do it).

Nohar

Blech, since my Clod is Level 1, it looks like I won't have much luck getting "Mastery" on the Materia Keeper fight (or Boss Rush, if I choose to do it).

... How can your Cloud be level 1?! I mean, he is one of the most useful characters of the game. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

... How can your Cloud be level 1?! I mean, he is one of the most useful characters of the game. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

I think Pixy has a big hatred for Cloud/VII iirc.

But yeah mixing out on a really good and useful character.

I have a Major Growth Egg sitting. Might wait to upgrade a new character tomorrow with it. Doesn't really bump my other characters up a great deal.

Ashodin

Bah fuckin' Jenova on Boss Rush I didn't have Leg Shot with me. Next time!!!!
facepalm.gif

SunGod

Just killed Granaldo and the Raldos for the final time :( how was farming for everyone?

Over the past few days I spent something like 40 mythril on stamina refreshes (yeah I overdid it) and ended up with (3*/4* orbs) 186/146 power, 114/94 non-elemental, 242/66 wind and 182/83 dark.

Obviously I had some before I started, and now I feel set for quite a while!

Bye Granaldo and the Raldos (sounds like a band name) you gave me lots of orbs and weapons and I made your species nearly extinct. Good trade I'd say.

MicH

Did four pulls (one 100 gem, one tree pull).

Got two four stars (some X armor and a rod) a 3 star rod and a 5 star Viking Coat from XII :D It has an SB! (Deal physical water damage to all targets) Pretty happy with that even if it wasn't a gun or bow

I wish the $10 gem pouch had some kind of incentive.

Even 1000 instead of 900 would be fine.

It's probably safer to buy one at a time anyway, I wouldn't want a stack of unspent gems if I suddenly decided to quit.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got the 5 star armor from a 3 pull. Until the day I die, I will be doing only 3 pulls. I know it's all RNG, but my results have been so much better with 3.

There's some great gear as rewards in the Balthier event. 3 x two pieces of XII armor and 3 guns! Thank goodness for that, now I can use Irvine and Balthier the way they're meant to be used. :)

I'm still shocked there were no katanas in the Sephiroth event. :/

... So many mixed emotions right now....

Weird feeling to still feel "disappointed" after a pull like that. Chasing characters specific weapons do just that... Grats on a still very amazing pull.

Here, my eighth 3* from my eighth 100 gems pull. Oh well, I did worse with $10 before I guess...

My last two elevens had zero five stars, and I've pulled one four star from eight $1 pulls.

I'm fine with that, but getting five in one pull, you should be dancing, specific item or not.

Roto13

Weird feeling to still feel "disappointed" after a pull like that. Chasing characters specific weapons do just that... Grats on a still very amazing pull.

My last two elevens had zero five stars, and I've pulled one four star from eight $1 pulls.

I'm fine with that, but getting five in one pull, you should be dancing, specific item or not.

It's just like... you want two specific five star relics, and then you see that you have five five star relics floating there, and it's like "Wow, there's a good chance one of those is one of the ones I'm looking for, right?" and then they slowly pop open one at a time and... nope.

I'm not complaining though.

IDK ever since I got Zantetsuken I've been thinking of combining Danjuros

I hit Optimize and it put that level 1 Danjuro on one of my party members.
But it does have synergy right now and nobody in my current party can use swords.
It also put both gowns on characters.

hamchan

100 gem pull, 5 star Genji Helm. That's a 5 star twice in a row from a 100 gem pull. $1 per pull is the sweet spot for sure.

My 100 gem pull was a genji shield. Not bad. I have way too many five star non sb armors now, 7 natural fives. First world problems. My three pull was the hayate bow, a three staff and three star armor, so meh.

I wanna do an 11 pull but the Ricard and Quistis events are coming up. :/
What else is coming up? I'm sitting on over a hundred Mythril.

I was thinking of pulling on the VII banner, despite my dislike of the game, simply because I know if I get something it'll be REALLY useful.

But if there's retro Final Fantasy events coming up (or Yuffie/Zidane), I could wait.

Got both Frans and Balthiers weapons.

Still wondering why Rinoas memory crystal wasn't part of Squalls event. She's my only party member still at 50.

It's just like... you want two specific five star relics, and then you see that you have five five star relics floating there, and it's like "Wow, there's a good chance one of those is one of the ones I'm looking for, right?" and then they slowly pop open one at a time and... nope.

I'm not complaining though.

Yea I know the feeling, pulled 4 5* last time I tried for Celes's weapon but non were it. Could not complain but I would have taken less to get the one I wanted.

Got both Frans and Balthiers weapons.

Grats! How many pulls?

Save for Quistis/Selphie!

I'm planning two paid for them but otherwise if nothing, my mythril is kept for Squall or Rinoa weapons.
I'm definitely saving Mythril for at least two 11 pulls for Quistis, and one for Ricard.

Ricard's first SB weapon isn't that special, but since he's one of my favs I'd like to try for it, but Quistis' first SB weapon is awesome. She's one of the few casters that can use a whip and when Blue Magic eventually gets released, she'll be a real beast!

What else is coming up? I'm sitting on over a hundred Mythril.

I was thinking of pulling on the VII banner, despite my dislike of the game, simply because I know if I get something it'll be REALLY useful.

But if there's retro Final Fantasy events coming up (or Yuffie/Zidane), I could wait.
Here's a spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1azHSTIrUrIwHEF01QOHfjCia89-NKTqskPrxcntNxA0/edit?pli=1#gid=0

The next "retro" event (Pre-FFVII) is a reissue of the original Cecil event from way at the start (if we get it), then a Sabin/Edgar event. Zidane is a looooooooooooong ways a way and Yuffie hasn't been released anywhere yet.

Falk

that puzzling face
Someone just starting right now and jumping straight into the XII event must be seeing all the 1* XII loot drop and thinking to himself "Wow, it's pretty easy to gear up in this game!"

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man.

The ridiculously low chance of 5x 5*s aside already, ignoring the 0.001%s that have soul breaks, according to this you'd have roughly a 56% chance of any given 5* in the pull having a soul break, and 44% not, so having all 5 not have soul breaks is akin to 44%^5 or 1.7% chance.

That's right. On top of the ridiculously low odds of the 5* motherlode, it was only a 1.7% chance out of THAT to not get a soul break at all.

RNG Gods how you mock me..

No 5* in my 11 relic pull, but then Frans 2nd materia in my 1st fight with her...
...bonus damage with Bow...but you didn't give me her bow. ;_;

Roto13

Oh man.

The ridiculously low chance of 5x 5*s aside already, ignoring the 0.001%s that have soul breaks, according to this you'd have roughly a 56% chance of any given 5* in the pull having a soul break, and 44% not, so having all 5 not have soul breaks is akin to 44%^5 or 1.7% chance.

That's right. On top of the ridiculously low odds of the 5* motherlode, it was only a 1.7% chance out of THAT to not get a soul break at all.

See, this right here is what I mean by mixed emotions, dammit.

I'm gonna make myself feel better by looking at all my 5* relics.

Yeaaaaah, that's the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom