• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic. I hope I have the name right.

It's this little guy:
xSomyrc.png
yeah, you definitely did. as soon as i posted they started turning up! fran and i thank you!

MicH

What are you guys doing to make everything do easy? I couldn't even master the site 2 elite with the four dudes

Falk

that puzzling face
Seems pretty easy. Two 3*++ armor on a platter helps a lot too.

I'm up to JENOVA on Sephiroth's and misc bosses on Balthier's. Waiting for XP daily to get a bunch of levels to make both of them as painless as possible since there's plenty of time.

Razmos

Just mastered the final elite on Balthier's event. really quite easy as far as damage/skills go, the only problem is the crap tons of HP Judge Ghis has and the Protect + Shell he casts later on.

It got to a point where I ran out of abilites, knew I wasn't going to get any medals for actions taken and just turned on auto battle, haha. the extra 2 conditions of "don't die" and "don't let Balthier die" make getting mastery easy.

Also the 2 judges in the second to last elite Vit0'd themselves. The first and only time I will use that bug, haha.

Ran out of abilities on the FFVII boss rush and had to use a mythril but still mastered it, thankfully. Fuck Jenova.

I'm glad to hear the XII event is easier. I really need to catch up on elites.

Road

Jenova fight was terrible as expected. Twice she killed one buddy 9 min in... Should've brought magic break, that gas is nasty after Sentinel Grimoire runs out.
Im so bored.....more content please.
You have finished everything? All events and classic and elite dungeons? Go farm some orbs or get rich =p

Wazzy

Banned
I wish they could separate armor upgrade dailies from weapon ones, there are way more weapons that need mats compared to armor.

Is there more of these?

For now there's only one more about crazy VIII limit breaks and then a Selphie taking a selphy image by the creator.

The other one is:

limit_nope__by_nebezial-d8njsen.jpg

MicH

Gathered enough mythril to do another 3 pull. Two three stars and a four star. Ah well, no gun for me. At least I got another Masamune Blade so now I have a 4*++ weapon for Sephiroth

Razmos

Balthier's auto-haste record materia is beautiful.

I just unlocked it and threw it on Sephiroth who's level cap I just broke. so good. It lasted the entire battle, I love it.

Done all the mission quests today which netted a couple more Mythril I wasn't expecting and some growth eggs.

Just waiting for XP Day to roll in and then boss rush, hopefully Monday?

There are rank 1-5* blue orbs in the data, and Aero is considered a blue magic spell by the game
57e084d2147eb5cbe9b43b155aae6e48.png

(for reference the image shows Power, White, Black, Blue and Summon orbs, in that order)

Who knows when it will be released, or what abilities it will have other than the Aero spells.
Bring on the Blue Magic. Quistis needs to have her full potential unlocked.

forgrim

just finished the ffvii boss run and i hated jenovah both times i fought her/it/him/whatever.

just RNG brutalized a character at random points of the fight.

glad that's over, onto balthier!

Red Mage

At which floor does this current event suddenly spike in difficulty and make you wish yo uhad properly prepared?

Well, there's a good chance slowga is already at the point where it will get the job done. YOu can never have too much blitzblade.

Alrighty.

BTW Wazzie, did you spend much on this or do you have the devil's own luck?

Wazzy

Banned
Alrighty.

BTW Wazzie, did you spend much on this or do you have the devil's own luck?
A majority of my VIII gear is from mythril but a few are def paid pulls. From the time I've played I've spent quite a bit but that's been a few months now.

So most of my paid pulls have actually been worse than my mythril pulls. xD the only good one I had recently was the VII pull I did which I've limited one paid pull to banners I want but aren't focused on.

Roto13

Finished the Balthier Elites. Ghis was easier than the mobs leading up to him. Might give the boss rush a go if the prize is any good.

Razmos

Finished the Balthier Elites. Ghis was easier than the mobs leading up to him. Might give the boss rush a go if the prize is any good.
The prize is amazing. a 5* accessory that increases Mind by 15 and gives a strong resistance to Silence. It's a fantastic healer item.

has japan had the ability to use two record materia's per character yet? has that been allowed? i know some characters have had their second level cap break, just wondered if this gave them another slot.

Balthier's event was easy, but that's okay!

Bah, I had trouble with Ba'Gaman Elite but managed to Master it with Mythril refresh. The two judges however I cannot beat. I just can't damage them enough - Breaks hit them for 1800-2000 and normal attacks for 800-1000. *Ga spells for 2500 (meanwhile Ba'Gaman Elite was eating 8000 per hit). I even silenced the two of them but in the end they still killed me. Do not want to do another Mythril refresh so I guess they are the stop for me. Maybe I will try Judge Gish and blind him but he is surrounded by 3 other mobs which probably have 20-30k HP.

I hate how this game does not have HP bars yet.

Roto13

Bah, I had trouble with Ba'Gaman Elite but managed to Master it with Mythril refresh. The two judges however I cannot beat. I just can't damage them enough - Breaks hit them for 1800-2000 and normal attacks for 800-1000. I even silenced the two of them but in the end they still killed me. Do not want to do another Mythril refresh so I guess they are the stop for me. Maybe I will try Judge Gish and blind him but he is surrounded by 3 other mobs which probably have 20-30k HP.

More like 15k. Bring Earthquake.

RivalCore

Bah, I had trouble with Ba'Gaman Elite but managed to Master it with Mythril refresh. The two judges however I cannot beat. I just can't damage them enough - Breaks hit them for 1800-2000 and normal attacks for 800-1000. *Ga spells for 2500 (meanwhile Ba'Gaman Elite was eating 8000 per hit). I even silenced the two of them but in the end they still killed me. Do not want to do another Mythril refresh so I guess they are the stop for me. Maybe I will try Judge Gish and blind him but he is surrounded by 3 other mobs which probably have 20-30k HP.

Berserk and paralysis can really take the pressure off with the two judges. Combine that with a retaliate party (since magic is pretty worthless against them) and they can go down pretty fast.

Same with Ghis. But I brought along Paladin Cecil's SB to manage his followers.

Nohar

Berserk and paralysis can really take the pressure off with the two judges. Combine that with a retaliate party (since magic is pretty worthless against them) and they can go down pretty fast.

Same with Ghis. But I brought along Paladin Cecil's SB to manage his followers.

Not quite. Comet works very well against them (assuming you created and honed it).

Razmos

Huh, apparently they are starting to have extra conditions in event battles now in Japan. Reddit mentions battles in the current event where you are restricted to a party of 3.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Huh, apparently they are starting to have extra conditions in event battles now in Japan. Reddit mentions battles in the current event where you are restricted to a party of 3.

Oh my.

This Balthier event is the most I've ever got completed as far as Elite dungeons go. I don't know if I will be able to handle the last 2. The Lhusu Mines - Site 2 boss (the 4 lizard guys) kinda wrecked me, I barely won. Though I think it's because my party was: Cloud 50, Fran 24, Balthier 31, Terra 50, and Arc 26. Cloud have the Masamuna (Water AOE) did pretty much all the work lol

Razmos

WOW the Jenova event elites suck donkey balls. Even the trash waves are ridiculous.

I got absolutely destroyed by Materia Keeper. Apparently it uses Trine when it reaches low HP? yeah, I didn't even get that far.

All my party is level 50, 3 of them having synergy, and I was doing under 1000 damage a hit due to it's frankly ridiculous defense, and it was doing upwards of 2600+ damage on every attack. and the fight dragged on so long that I ran out of protectga and curaga.

Why is this event so unnecessarily difficult? especially for a realm which frankly has shit all for synergy equipment anyway unless you get incredibly lucky, and 3 characters that are basically useless without special equipment (Tifa, Sephiroth, Red XIII)

Road

WOW the Jenova event elites suck donkey balls. Even the trash waves are ridiculous.

I got absolutely destroyed by Materia Keeper. Apparently it uses Trine when it reaches low HP? yeah, I didn't even get that far.

All my party is level 50, 3 of them having synergy, and I was doing under 1000 damage a hit due to it's frankly ridiculous defense, and it was doing upwards of 2600+ damage on every attack. and the fight dragged on so long that I ran out of protectga and curaga.

Why is this event so unnecessarily difficult? especially for a realm which frankly has shit all for synergy equipment anyway unless you get incredibly lucky, and 3 characters that are basically useless without special equipment (Tifa, Sephiroth, Red XIII)

Jenova elite is ridiculous, but Materia Keeper is "easy". All you need is Blind. When it reaches low hp, start using Magic Break. I went with Paralyze but it isn't very effective due to its 537 mind. Poison would have been better. This was my fight: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bkpjVnI1OTdUa1NKUkFGSFF2U080SE9mZm9FUzRR

Cloud was using Diamond Sword (107 atk). If you don't want to use Retaliate, then you better have synergy 5* weapons or a bunch of honed magic abilities.

Red Mage

A majority of my VIII gear is from mythril but a few are def paid pulls. From the time I've played I've spent quite a bit but that's been a few months now.

So most of my paid pulls have actually been worse than my mythril pulls. xD the only good one I had recently was the VII pull I did which I've limited one paid pull to banners I want but aren't focused on.

Ah, alright. Wasn't trying to be nosey, just curious if you had made a Faustian deal for all those rares. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom