• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
But doing that is essentially worth ~1/6th a Mythril per repetition in its stam cost (18/111)

Might as well just pop a mythril at the last boss once!

Nohar

Finally! Favorite teams!

And tonight I'll be trying the FFVII Elite that I didn't master. It is gonna be a full mage team for that stupid fish, and my A-Team for JENOVA (gosh I can't stand that Eldritch female abominasquid anymore).

Finally! Favorite teams!

And tonight I'll be trying the FFVII Elite that I didn't master. It is gonna be a full mage team for that stupid fish, and my A-Team for JENOVA (gosh I can't stand that Eldritch female abominasquid anymore).
You mean you haven't enjoyed fighting Jenova five times? It's like the gift that keeps on giving!!

edit: nm you weren't joking when you said it was easy

One retaliate and one boost and you can take him out netting hopefully 6 -8 ability uses and perhaps equally important, your soul breaks will be charged. Rolling into jenova with, in my case, three hells gates, three healing winds, and three delay strikes really makes things considerably easier. Oh, I did get one greater orb, holy or white, I forget which, from killing him a few times.

Wish the new party feature came with an unequip all button. Would be tedious to switch parties then unequip manually zzz

Seriously, it's simple:

If you remove a person from your party, it automatically unequips their equipment and abilities. There's no need for an unequip all button

SunGod

For anyone struggling with boss rushes a nice tip was posted on reddit yesterday (and one I'm annoyed with myself for not having thought of before) sorry if it was posted earlier, I ctrl+f'd the last 300 posts for "ether" and nothing came up.

Just repeat a boss battle (the first one, usually) if you can beat it without wasting many (or any) ability uses and take advantage of the 100% ether drop as well as the white/black mage recharges from the relevant record materia.

You can skip between any of the battles once you have cleared them (so you can beat boss 3, repeat boss 1 for an easy ether and then fight boss 4 immediately afterwards)

Used up 100 mythril on the Balthier banner and got absolutely nothing. So much for increased odds. It really helps when you get some nice stuff. Then your motivated to go decimate guys with it.

For anyone struggling with boss rushes a nice tip was posted on reddit yesterday (and one I'm annoyed with myself for not having thought of before) sorry if it was posted earlier, I ctrl+f'd the last 300 posts for "ether" and nothing came up.

Just repeat a boss battle (the first one, usually) if you can beat it without wasting many (or any) ability uses and take advantage of the 100% ether drop as well as the white/black mage recharges from the relevant record materia.

You can skip between any of the battles once you have cleared them (so you can beat boss 3, repeat boss 1 for an easy ether and then fight boss 4 immediately afterwards)

It's a great tip, I posted the literally five posts before yours. Heh. This works well with both of the current events.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Which bosses are that easy though?

MicH

Ah yes, doing a pull and getting the fourth of a certain relic. I've already maxed it out so it is completely useless and will forever clog my "combine" screen unless I sell it

Both first bosses are really easy. Jenova event you can boost retaliate and take him out before the retaliate is finished, perhaps two retaliates if your best sword is the event sword. Xii event you can berserk the first enemy and take him out- you may have to use a few double cuts or an armor break, also use the refilled black magic. since the ranking only matters for the final battle with these, you can conserve abilities and auto battle through until you're maxed, then fight again using one ability each character and two in the case of black Mage.

SunGod

It's a great tip, I posted the literally five posts before yours. Heh. This works well with both of the current events.

My bad!

I was able to take down SAMPLE and Air Cutter Remora with one armor break, one retaliate and everyone simply attacking the retaliator. Both bosses were dead before it wore off.

I haven't actually used it myself (didn't know/think about it before clearing all the current boss rushes) but it's a cool trick if you're able to take the bosses down without wasting too many ability uses :)

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't even know where to begin with the favorite teams option. I'll probably just create heroic daily sets and not use that feature very much.

Pretty much I'm doing debuff team, 4 mage (or the beginnings thereof), retaliate team, break team, AOE team, and then fine tuning from there for each situation.

The nice thing is with broken caps right now at least, is that some characters (e.g. Vivi and Garnet) are simply better than the other choices even with RS taken into account so the tinkering is limited to putting RS weapons on people, rather than swapping characters and then needing to redo abilities/weapons/RM because you swapped the characters.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yasss got Zealot after 5 battles.

What's it best used for?

ez clearing chaff battles.

I literally spam defend till the Zealot guy comes up, so I can 1-shot everything and I waste less time since it's only one loot-drop animation per wave instead of potentially every time something dies. Those 2-3 seconds add up.

forgrim

So waiting on stamina for last two bosses in balthier boss rush...the first two bosses I could've autobattled through them wtf? They literally did no dmg

Falk

that puzzling face
Break resistance is sorely needed though. Instead of now tuning content with the assumption that Power/Magic break WILL be used just because of how good they are (or worse, the Breakdown versions) we'll get less Jenovas.

Pretty sure had Jenova BIRTH come about around the time they started dishing out Break resistance like candy, her base hits wouldn't be close-to-one-shot territory the way they are.

It also opens up more ability loadout options since breaks aren't as mandatory anymore. Still nice to have, but doesn't automatically cut incoming damage by more than half.

(Yes, I'm aware I'm saying this in a game where e.g. Intimidate or Blind will cut incoming boss damage by a flat 100%)

Nohar

On that tought: JENOVA-BIRTH mastered in her regular Elite painting.

... Except that we have LIFE and DEATH waiting for us... And SYNTHESIS too I guess...

Oh sweet lord Pancake, make it stop.

Nohar

Going to do jenova boss rush, any tip? Going to use all melee probably.

Power and Magic Break(own), Protectga, Lunatic High or Sentinel Grimoire as your Roaming Warrior help, Retaliate, Boost, chips, potatoes, a lot of patience.

Anyone got tips/suggestions on party load outs RW to take for the final 3 (non bonus) elite dungeons in the Sephiroth event? My best characters are all in the low 50s/upper 40s and I'm wondering if I'm gonna be able to finish this.

I beat both of the boss rushes today. Having White Mage RM2 + Protectga made many of their hits negligible. I suppose it's time to go back and finish up the last 25 or so Elites & do some Daily farming.

Are summon orbs farmable in any of the upcoming events? I never did so with the previous events, so I'd like to take advantage of it the next time around.

Threw 5 mythril at the gatcha in hope of Baltheir or Frans weapon and got this
wHRa1lRl.jpg

Was pretty dissapointed, but I upgraded it and turns out it's now my 3rd most powerful sword. Nice! :)

Pejo

Does anyone know what the best non-EXP daily stage gives the best xp per stamina nowadays? Is it still Elite - Vector Streets FFVI?

Road

New dungeons. Against my best judgment I guess I'll skip black power and white power farming days to finish some of the 4th update, not to mention I still have six elites from the 3rd update. Will finish Balthier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom