• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

Here's me in the alternate timeline where I paid for an 11 pull:

~ I pay for a pull
~ I don't get what I want
~ I stop having fun because I'm bitter now
~ I stop playing Record Keeper
~ I never play another game with a gacha mechanic again

Who's everyone's A team these days?

I have:

Cloud 63
Tidus 65
Wakka 65
Vivi 62
Garnet 63

Really comfortable using this team and overall it covers most basis for dungeons whether it's using breaks, debuffs or magic.

Roto13

My team changes depending on synergy, but these days I'm using Cloud, Vivi, and Garnet because they've all broken the level cap but aren't maxed out yet. I used Tidus for a while but he's at level 65.

FireVoa

Pretty much the same team comp as Katana_Strikes and Roto13 with Cloud, Vivi, and Garnet all around 58 atm. I usually sub in 2 RS teammates to fill out the last spots. Tidus usually finds his way in a lot but otherwise I'm working on making RedXIII a 4th thanks to his ability to use my honed Power and Magic Breakdown.

Wazzy

Banned
Almost done Sephiroth elites and the I'll move on to Balthier. I'm not sure I'll attempt Sephiroth boss rush.
Ah, alright. Wasn't trying to be nosey, just curious if you had made a Faustian deal for all those rares. xD

Hey don't worry about it, I'm not ashamed to admit I've done paid pulls!

I guess I'd say my main team is Cloud, Garnet, Vivi, Tidus, Wakka. All are around the mid 50 to high 50s. I take out 2-3 of them(Cloud, Garnet are the only staples) for the events. I've completed everything else in the game up to this point so it's tough to say what my main team is but those are the highest ranked. Behind them I got Tyro at 53 and Squall at 51. I have 17 characters 50 or higher.

Razmos

Going back over some of these story elites now, and Zealot, recharging Quake and recharging Protectga absolutely wrecks them.

Finally got Fran and Irvine to level 50 (along with finishing off Summoner and Red) to break their level caps. Spent 2 Mythril on refilling stamina to spend majority of the day boosting them. Only 3 mainline characters and 4 core not on at least 50 now. But they seem to be crappy characters anyways with no exciting Materia up and coming so not bothered about them guys right now.

Roto13

bVyrxF5.jpg

That's awesome. And he whistles and everything. Man, I really want to play FF XII again.

Balphon

Who's everyone's A team these days?

I have:

Cloud 63
Tidus 65
Wakka 65
Vivi 62
Garnet 63

Really comfortable using this team and overall it covers most basis for dungeons whether it's using breaks, debuffs or magic.

Depends on the content, but in a vacuum probably something like:

Cloud (61)
Vivi (60)
Terra (50)
Lenna (50)
Tidus (59)

Most likely to swap out Lenna for Garnet or Arc and Tidus for someone with synergy depending upon what the fight is.

That's awesome. And he whistles and everything. Man, I really want to play FF XII again.

He and Fran have very cool animations for both their SBs. Really pull on the nostalgia strings.

New Boss Rush!

Anyone knows the stats of the Rose Corsage?

We also get our second Major Wind Orb as a first time reward. For those who could not master Jenova Boss Rush, you should now be able to get full rows in the Orbs menu!

I'd give this a go, Balthiers event has been a whole lot eaiser than Jenova and the bosses were hardly tough before...and they have less HP on the rush.

Wazzy

Banned
Beat Jenova. It's unfortunate a couple characters died just before I beat her but oh well. The elite would be much easier if I upgrade some of my abilities to last longer.

How hard is boss rush?

Also for my A team I have Cloud, Squall, Rinoa, Tidus and Red XIII. Right now Sephiroth is in place of Tidus to help out with his event.

How hard is boss rush?

Also for my A team I have Cloud, Squall, Rinoa, Tidus and Red XIII. Right now Sephiroth is in place of Tidus to help out with his event.

I think it's pretty easy if my lil team can do it! You should be good. =)

bdH1u1jl.jpg

Party:

gJlMeTPl.jpg

I messed up and forgot Magic Break for the 4th round. But other than that it was smooth sailing. Lost 5 medals.

Wazzy

Banned
I think it's pretty easy if my lil team can do it! You should be good. =)

bdH1u1jl.jpg

Party:

gJlMeTPl.jpg

I messed up and forgot Magic Break for the 4th round. But other than that it was smooth sailing. Lost 5 medals.

I meant Jenova boss rush but good to hear Balthier's isn't too bad so thanks!

You should be able to beat the boss rush, Wazzy, if you beat Jenova elite. The first two bosses are easy, especially if you use intimidate.

The challenge is having enough ability uses left over for Jenova.

Wazzy

Banned
You should be able to beat the boss rush, Wazzy, if you beat Jenova elite. The first two bosses are easy, especially if you use intimidate.

The challenge is having enough ability uses left over for Jenova.
Hmmm alrighty I'll give it a shot then! Thanks :)
Wazzy $$$s for loot. I don't think a Mythril or two for refreshing abilities is going to matter. :p

I have a weird thing where I avoid using money or mythril to beat events unless I absolutely have to. xD I just think it takes away the fun if I always do that to beat hard events. Plus if I have the gear might as well put it to use.

Falk

that puzzling face
I have a weird thing where I avoid using money or mythril to beat events unless I absolutely have to. xD I just think it takes away the fun if I always do that to beat hard events. Plus if I have the gear might as well put it to use.

Eh, it's definitely nice to, but in the end, like I mentioned very early on in the thread, the value for Mythril -> loot vs Mythril -> other things (inventory space, stam refreshes, continues) skews in favor of the latter the longer this game exists.

In the first month or so, with 40 stam you'd be pretty silly to Mythril refresh compared to saving up for pulls, especially since virtually every 3* (outside of XII loot olololo) was usable in some fashion or another. At this point on the other hand when 5*s are still nice to have but prone to RNG, and we're pretty much approaching saturation on 3* gear, a Mythril or two elsewhere really isn't as big a deal as it was when the game started. Especially if you're like me and put a dollar into each banner for the 100gem pull (I think of it as a subscription fee and a 5 Mythril allowance at this point) This isn't even taking into account the Friend Summon which lets you cherry pick a soul break, setting a baseline power level/flexibility that's completely independent on your own personal loot luck.

Definitely still aiming for no-Mythril clears (I've only ever refreshed on Locke's Airship and once on a double Anima in Vanille edit: and one on Tidus boss rush huehuehue) but if I'm 4/5ths of the way through a boss rush and the last boss is refusing to keel over even with a shit ton of savescumming I'll probably just blow a continue. N O R E G E R T S

Bard is lv.52 and I still don't have Zealot

I'm never going to get rid of this guy from my party

Focus on getting Zealot, then ditch him. I'm on an iPad right now, so no real searching capability, but I think Normal Underground Waterway was the best stamina/mob ratio to hit him up. Fabul Castle is 1 stam per 2 mobs, so Waterway must be better than that. I think mine dropped after five fights.

Razmos

Reached 5 mythril again for another pull on the Balthier banner!
Another rubbish 3* item!
falkavatar.jpg

Also goddamn FF3 enemies are annoying in elites. I think my entire party was asleep at one point, and of course they are all immune to quake and have just enough HP to survive a Zealot attack. *shakes fist*

TheGatsby

Focus on getting Zealot, then ditch him. I'm on an iPad right now, so no real searching capability, but I think Normal Underground Waterway was the best stamina/mob ratio to hit him up. Fabul Castle is 1 stam per 2 mobs, so Waterway must be better than that. I think mine dropped after five fights.

Thanks for the tip. I did underground waterway and after about 20 fights (I stopped counting) Zealot dropped!

Time to lock Bard away until lv.80 cap is released

Nohar

Boss rush completed. Brought Intimidate for nothing too. It was really easy.

Well, nothing interesting to do until Yuna's event (hopefully). I guess I should have leveled up the Bard this Sunday (mine is still level 10), but I really didn't want to bother, and I'd rather keep those eggs for someone worthwhile.

Boss rush easy as expected. Blind again is key for the last boss which pretty much lasted whole fight. I did run out of abilities towards the end so took a little longer due to his barriers. First 2 bosses were worthless. Mimic magic attacks can hurt a little and the 2nd last boss does have decent physical attacks.

Got enough Orbs to hone Valefor but not sure I want to "waste" those orbs on him. I'll keep them to see what else comes.

Just grinding now for Fran and Irvines 2nd Materia which is taking ages :( Then I can dump these 2 losers.

Why are people using Bard lately? Does he do something special, or will he be needed for an event soon?
His second Record Materia (Zealot) is extremely useful, so people are leveling him up to 50 to break his level cap, and once you do that (with his Memory Crystal), you need to have him in your party for a chance for his second Record Materia to drop.

All hail MONTH DAY, the inaugural launch of loadout slot feature.
Thank goodness. (lol @ MONTH DAY, do they ever double check these things?)

Also, Vivi's Devotion RM has been buffed apparently.

eastx

His second Record Materia (Zealot) is extremely useful, so people are leveling him up to 50 to break his level cap, and once you do that (with his Memory Crystal), you need to have him in your party for a chance for his second Record Materia to drop.

Ah, thanks. Guess I'll have to start using him soon then!

Ah, thanks. Guess I'll have to start using him soon then!
Once the Bard abilities are actually released he'll actually be an alright support character, but as of now his use is limited. (Unless you just like him like I do.)

Just make sure to get his Memory Crystal once you get him to level 50 and use it. Without doing that you won't have access to any of his Record Materia, so keeping him in your party then won't be of any use in that sense.

MicH

Gave up on ever getting black and white mage up to 50 so I used a good chunk of eggs to finish them off. Very useful RMs! Are their second RMs the same as the first ones? Just so you can equip them on more characters? I can't see a difference based on the description

Falk

that puzzling face
Gave up on ever getting black and white mage up to 50 so I used a good chunk of eggs to finish them off. Very useful RMs! Are their second RMs the same as the first ones? Just so you can equip them on more characters? I can't see a difference based on the description

It's chance to vs a guarantee.

It triggers on both slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom