• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Disagree.

This game is capitalism and business from start to finish. This makes AAA game design seems like a pool of creativity. FFRK is created with the sole and final reason of making money and nothing else. I doubt this was a product of a writer, director or any artist who wanted to make something to express themselves. Just a calculated, manufactured product to check all the F2P boxes. (I'd say this one is even worse than other F2P games because it is mostly rehashing content from other games).

That said, it doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. And If you don't want to even try it on principle, that's fine too.

Yeah, capitalism and business from start to finish ... Because this is a product developed and released by a company who is trying to make a profit ... What am I missing? Not sure what your point is.

Just got a Genji Helm (Kreygasm) my first 5 star item.

Can someone explain upgrading and weapon combining to me? It's clear that there is some diminishing return when it comes to upgrading higher star items with lower star items, but then using scarletites or admantites seem to fill up the improvement progress bar dramatically but then don't actually give any stats.

Also, weapon combining seems to really not do anything other than give you the + sign and allow you to throw a few more upgrades on the weapon, which is useless if you are upgrading a one or two star which can be replaced by an inherently stronger 4 or 5 star weapon if you are lucky enough to get one.

Higher upgrades = much higher sync bonuses. So you may only see +1 defense, but if you use it in the right dungeon, that +1 becomes +5.

Road

Was looking for info on synergy/resonance effects and found this Japanese site that has the values for equipments (spoiler alert for content not in the western version): http://muketsu.info/FFRK/soubi-buki01.html

I just need to find an easy site that lists where the equipments are dropped...

Aren't most games made to make money...?

Yeah, capitalism and business from start to finish ... Because this is a product developed and released by a company who is trying to make a profit ... What am I missing? Not sure what your point is.

This is basic understanding, so I shouldn't need to explain, but...

It is not black (to make money) or white (not to make money). There's a spectrum between a blatant soulless cash grab and work devoid of desire for profit, and a game could be anywhere in it.

Roto13

I cleared the Shinra event and I am happy. Used Tidus, Cloud, Tifa (both of whom I raised from 1 to 26 yesterday on the daily dungeon), White Mage, and Rydia. Whole team was 26-27 with as many FFVII armour and accessory items it was practical to give them. I don't have any FFVII weapons, as far as I know. At least no good ones. Didn't do anything crazy. Had my mages defend on the way up to keep them alive until the boss. On the fourth floor, I had Tidus cast a few buffs while Cloud and Tifa attacked, so they'd be ready for the boss. Then I just took him out with whatever abilities and spells I had equipped. No status buffoonery. Took the dog out first. He went down quick. Rufus took longer, and I ended up with a Novice rank because my White Mage got knocked out and it took a lot of turns to take him down. Didn't master the dungeon, despite getting Champion on the other floors. Oh well. Might try it again before the even leaves.

I've decided to replace Kain with Sephiroth in my everyday party. So I'll be using Tidus, Sephiroth, Tyro, White Mage, and Black Mage.

If you think square is putting out exploitive trash then just skip this one too. This is about as exploitive as their other games which is to say, not much at all.

To be fair, the game this looks most like is ATB and that was absolutely exploitative trash. The fact that Record Keeper is pretty good and so far from a lot of the typical F2P garbage came as a big surprise to me.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
Are either the goblin or bomb summons worth bothering with?

Aren't most games made to make money...?

I don't quite agree with Road, but whereas developers of traditional games are incentivized to make the most compelling gaming experience possible in order to increase buzz and sales, microtransaction game developers are incentivized to make games that maximize the average dollar spent per player in addition to how compelling the experience is. This leads to compromises in design where barriers are put in place not because they improve the experience, but because they increase total revenue. Making the most compelling game possible is no longer the sole driver of profit.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Are either the goblin or bomb summons worth bothering with?

Not really, not least because they take up an ability slot and have only a single use. But also there's nothing else to do with trash tier summon orbs, so I mean... it's not like you're going to do something else instead.

Clunker

Was looking for info on synergy/resonance effects and found this Japanese site that has the values for equipments (spoiler alert for content not in the western version): http://muketsu.info/FFRK/soubi-buki01.html

I just need to find an easy site that lists where the equipments are dropped...

The FFRK subreddit is making some spreadsheets; I haven't delved into them too much but took a lookthrough and they're crowdsourcing a master list of weapon/armor/orb drop locations. Might be considered spoilers for JP character releases and such, but have at it!

GAMERG0D

Show me Defender?
4FIN1om.png

Ashodin

Bringing just the core classes into Gil Daily is mega awesome mucho funtime. Warrior and Ranger near 20 now! Their stats are hella crazy in there.

Edit: hngggggg Defender so pretty.

Way too much hp, burnt through my magic with no sign of slowing down.
You could try to make ++ items from FF IV that increase magic, then take both Rydia and Black Mage in with double Blizzard/Blizzara equips. Maybe a Blizzard Strike on whoever your biggest damage dealer is (again, with an FF IV ++ weapon).

Beyond that, it might be worth waiting until the next content update.

Wizard's Hats (FF IV) are plentiful in Figaro Castle, max two of them out and you'll have some deadly magic. Bonus, you'll get some Lesser Orbs.

Edit: Main Character could also bring in Blizzard magic, that gives you three dudes blasting away.

I'll definitely check it out! I do need some new visual novel recommendations. :p
Just take the stairlift and you'll be there in no time. :)

Finally got Sephiroth. I definitely fought Rufus sooner than I should of. I'll need to level up a bit and go back and get Mastery on a few levels in there still before the event is over.

Pull down from top then hit edit and it's in there.

Android users am sad...

(edit) These elite dungeons are kind of shitty... "here, face a bunch of random super easy enemies with almost no XP, now face a boss that will roll you near instantly."

Also no FFX gear means BLHJASL:KFJO:DIHJFOEIHKL:SDNHKLFJ:HSKLE

Got over 200k money now. Still finding hard mode and elite very difficult to complete though :(

Still if I can get 2 rounds of the Gil event on hard then it's still a crap ton of money. Especially if the sandworm pops up. That's 10k alone.

Roto13

Got over 200k money now. Still finding hard mode and elite very difficult to complete though :(

Still if I can get 2 rounds of the Gil event on hard then it's still a crap ton of money. Especially if the sandworm pops up. That's 10k alone.

I might be misreading what you're saying, but don't you need to do all of the rounds of an event to keep whatever you earn?

EGM92

Is it not possible to play this game over wireless network? I have no problems via wifi but as soon as I switch to mobile it refuses to start giving me errors and telling me that I need a faster connection or it just fails to download. I'm on LTE and hitting 30mbps and 12mbps upload. That's plenty faster than my home wifi

Is it not possible to play this game over wireless network? I have no problems via wifi but as soon as I switch to mobile it refuses to start giving me errors and telling me that I need a faster connection or it just fails to download. I'm on LTE and hitting 30mbps and 12mbps upload. That's plenty faster than my home wifi

Play on wifi during breaks at work all the time without issue.

(edit) Meant LTE, not wifi... I don't have wifi at work.

I might be misreading what you're saying, but don't you need to do all of the rounds of an event to keep whatever you earn?

I can finish the first and second set of 3 rounds fully and therefore get the rewards and XP. Just not the last set usually to get the completion reward.

Negator

After several attempts at using this Flee strategy, I finally got ahold of a second Black Cowl.

Saved me a lot of time!

I used one piece of Mythril on the Rufus fight because I wasn't able to close the game quick enough. I feel ashamed. Never again. >_< (Though I did end up beating him because of that, so at least it wasn't for nothing.)

I'm trying to save up 50 so I can get 11 for 10 draws, and wait for an Event for gear I actually want for characters I actually use. This was my first and only stumbling point.

elty

After at least 20 attempts despite using flee, still no black cowl and I am not sure if I want to farm it anymore.

Well, need more gil first!

Am I missing something on elite ant lion? He is constantly countering for high damage.

Way too much hp, burnt through my magic with no sign of slowing down.

Finally mastered it on Elite.

Party is 32-34. Tyro, Kain, Tidus and Rydia all had armor from FFIV for more protection against counters. 2 Blizzara on Rydia and 2 Blizzard Strike on Cloud (one missed...). Kept going with Thundara and Thunder Strike, Double Cut on Kain while boosting people with Tidus and recovering damage taken from counter with Tyro (6 cure, 6 Cura).

I also finally mastered Wind Shrine by beating the Wind Raptor on Elite. Still S.S. Liki to go but I ain't got no gears from X...

I don't know what to try to tackle next. Maybe Torna Canal at difficulty 35, boss is weak to Lightning! Mom Bomb is scaring me on Elite for Mount Hobs. I am also curious about Fabul Castle. It's only 29 stamina total on Elite. Boss can't be that hard.

I got stomped by the event boss.

I had an unlucky run, not one healing potion drop and right before the boss battle, dude critical hit my main, which had both my healing and blinding skills.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ugh, wasted about 60 stamina trying to fight the second ranged boss today - I wish I had just spent it instead doing gil runs in the daily.

My Rydia just isn't pulling the punches like everyone else's seems to be. I have her stocked with 6 uses of Thundara and it's not enough to take down the boss. It's hitting for about 1,700 each time, and I have cures on other people that are enough to keep her alive. I have 2 other guys with ranged attacks, but each time I try I run out of magic uses and get killed before my other guys do enough damage to finish him.

My party is level 27-28 now, and I'm using mostly the VII gear on everyone that's dropped from the event. I'm not really sure what I can do differently.

Ugh, wasted about 60 stamina trying to fight the second ranged boss today - I wish I had just spent it instead doing gil runs in the daily.

My Rydia just isn't pulling the punches like everyone else's seems to be. I have her stocked with 6 uses of Thundara and it's not enough to take down the boss. It's hitting for about 1,700 each time, and I have cures on other people that are enough to keep her alive. I have 2 other guys with ranged attacks, but each time I try I run out of magic uses and get killed before my other guys do enough damage to finish him.

My party is level 27-28 now, and I'm using mostly the VII gear on everyone that's dropped from the event. I'm not really sure what I can do differently.
I had zero issues with the ranged bosses.

Rydia and Black Mage doing Thunder/Thundara, Kain doing Jump/Double Jump, went out in like three rounds.

Is your VII armor ++ and maxed?

Same level range as you.

Black Cowl GET

Two more to go!

I'm so glad people were talking about the Flee trick, since I would've missed it. After trying it only 4 times, I got 2 more (after having 1 already).

Take advantage of the Gil bonus today, after upgrading with 2* Adamantite and all combinings, it took 100K.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had zero issues with the ranged bosses.

Rydia and Black Mage doing Thunder/Thundara, Kain doing Jump/Double Jump, went out in like three rounds.

Is your VII armor ++ and maxed?

Same level range as you.

Yep, armor is ++ and maxed, Rydia has 1x Lvl2 Thundara and 1x Lvl1 Thundara. I have Kain jumping and double jumping, Tyro with the harp and doing cures.

I noticed that the Myhril Armlet (VII) armor increase the magic and mind stats, and since that will get a synergy bonus I'll equip that on Rydia to see if that makes her Thundara stronger. Of course, now I have to wait 30 minutes for each floor again. :(

Roto13

Yep, armor is ++ and maxed, Rydia has 1x Lvl2 Thundara and 1x Lvl1 Thundara. I have Kain jumping and double jumping, Tyro with the harp and doing cures.

I noticed that the Myhril Armlet (VII) armor increase the magic and mind stats, and since that will get a synergy bonus I'll equip that on Rydia to see if that makes her Thundara stronger. Of course, now I have to wait 30 minutes for each floor again. :(

Is Kain using a spear? (I assume spears still do double damage with jump.)

Razmos

New to the game so I'm just guessing, but are people going for the Black Cowl because it's a 3 star drop and you can upgrade it to 5 stars or something?

I got one from my first 5 mithril draw and I kept thinking "Is this rare or something? everyone keeps talking about it"

Negator

New to the game so I'm just guessing, but are people going for the Black Cowl because it's a 3 star drop and you can upgrade it to 5 stars or something?

I got one from my first 5 mithril draw and I kept thinking "Is this rare or something? everyone keeps talking about it"

It's the only farmable 3* drop in the game that can be upgraded to 5*, and will immensely help make progress in the FFIV Elite dungeons.

Yes! It's "rare" but not that rare since it's not exclusive to the relic pull and it can be farmed using the trick. It's great for it's base stats and will also offer a kick ass bonus in FFIV dungeons for mages.

Razmos

It's the only farmable 3* drop in the game that can be upgraded to 5*, and will immensely help make progress in the FFIV Elite dungeons.
ah, I thought so, thanks.

Yes! It's "rare" but not that rare since it's not exclusive to the relic pull and it can be farmed using the trick. It's great for it's base stats and will also offer a kick ass bonus in FFIV dungeons for mages.
Well that explains why Rydia has been wrecking face then, haha. (I also got a 3 star rod for her from another draw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom