• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
How do you know if you can upgrade a piece of equipment to five stars?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Any piece of equipment can be upgraded twice.

Yes, that means if you got 3 Buster Swords you could make a 7* Buster Sword

A 5* item requires 3 3* items.

Oh, I see.

Are the upgraded items comparable to native 5 star items?

Suikoguy

Nice, quite a bit of game here, even if paying nothing.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Can someone please explain the best use for all the 1 star equipment. Am I supposed to be using it to upgrade the 3 star equipment I have? That seems to cost a lot of Gil. Or is it just supposed to be sold?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can someone please explain the best use for all the 1 star equipment. Am I supposed to be using it to upgrade the 3 star equipment I have? That seems to cost a lot of Gil. Or is it just supposed to be sold?

It can be combined with other identical 1* equipment once it's fully upgraded to become 2* equipment. Then again a second time to be become 3* equipment itself.

Coldphire

Neo Member
It can be combined with other identical 1* equipment once it's fully upgraded to become 2* equipment. Then again a second time to be become 3* equipment itself.
What is the best way to upgrade it? Since you don't want to use identical ones. Just pick another 1 star you don't care about?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What is the best way to upgrade it? Since you don't want to use identical ones. Just pick another 1 star you don't care about?

Either that or you can wait until the "equipment upgrade" daily dungeon. Monsters there will drop materials that will boost your equipment up quickly.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm working on the daily's to level Sephiroth up then I'm going to try and farm some gear. I also get so nostalgic every time the Final Fantasy VIII save file sound plays when you click to go into battle.

Farming usually isn't. Even traditional ground farming is pretty boring.

Lol...That's also probably why we call it farming and not some other word :p
I have lots of experience with farming loot in games, but the tediousness of it added to the F2P framework is not very appealing. I know it's done to encourage IAPs, but for those not wanting to go that route, it is a bit disappointing.

I'm still enjoying the game a lot, just this particular aspect is not my favorite. :/

XJF

Where did you guys farm your Lesser Lightning Orbs to hone Thundara? I've been doing battles on Mt Hobbs (FFIV) which the official site shows as a location to get them, but haven't been having any luck. I need 1 more...

Negator

Where did you guys farm your Lesser Lightning Orbs to hone Thundara? I've been doing battles on Mt Hobbs (FFIV) which the official site shows as a location to get them, but haven't been having any luck. I need 1 more...

I've had a lot of luck in Figaro Castle 1 and 2.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I have lots of experience with farming loot in games, but the tediousness of it added to the F2P framework is not very appealing. I know it's done to encourage IAPs, but for those not wanting to go that route, it is a bit disappointing.

I'm still enjoying the game a lot, just this particular aspect is not my favorite. :/

It's not mine either :( I think games in general, especially these days, rely too much on farming for things (be it crafting items or rarer than rare equipment drops). It's one aspect of gaming that I really dislike.

chrono01

Antlion does drop the Protect Vest, right? I've been farming him all day and the only thing he seems to drop are gold and orbs. I've been using the "Flee" trick, but sometimes I mess up when he drops nothing and the battle ends quickly.

I really want to get more to upgrade for the Shinra event. :/

JNA

Banned
Didn't play a lot today but all I did was farm at Dill daily on hard mode.

Farmed 300K Gil.

latest

Can someone explain the whips auto damage to me? I have the whip on rydia and I'm not seeing any particularly useful effect from it.

Also what's the best way to farm VII gear? And why is there a bunch of gear like III, XII, etc that have no corresponding dungeon? What's the point?

Mxrz

I started playing last week, but I haven't dropped much time into the game. The Event, floor 30 boss kept beating me with level 12 characters. I figure I'll beat it some time this week, but is it worth trying to clear floor 100 with only a week left?

I don't much care about the character reward, but if this is a super-duper limited time, never repeating ever thing. Well. . .

jshackles

Woah XP given on Hard mode is immense. Shame though that the damage taken is usually a good half your health in just one strike. Really deadly. If your characters can make it through a set though it's highly rewarding.

It is if you can successfully navigate it. I'm still having a hard time because the enemies hit so damn hard. If I can come out of the first rounds with only 1 team member dead I'd be doing well. I thought my team would be able to get through these now at lvl 30 marks but I'm struggling still :(

so i still can't run the damn game. thought i should contact dena about it so they can investigate and you need to submit a damned game id to post an error report, haha. i can't start the game to get the id you silly website!

TheContact

Anyone know where I can get katanas for sephiroth? I remember finding one but can't remember if it was an ff7 one or not. Probably not worth it if it's not ff7

Think I'll keep the growth eggs for any new characters to give them a leg up in XP. It's not worth wasting growth eggs on my main characters for the bump it gives them.

Anyone know where I can get katanas for sephiroth? I remember finding one but can't remember if it was an ff7 one or not. Probably not worth it if it's not ff7

You get 3 from the Shinra tower from first time rewards.

MicH

I really don't have any issues with the hard exp dungeon. Haven't had any die yet, but most of my characters are level 32-33 except for Sephiroth who's level 25

Road

Hard is difficult for me, Rydia and Sephiroth die ocasionally, but its still great exp.

The problem with stamina is I can beat hard, but I can't champion it every time due to the lack of core equipment synergy, so normal is more efficient.

Ah damn Im pretty sure I sold them by accident
You could try farming mythril knife from the boss on mako reactor no. 1, but it might be better to farm kunai — it's weaker but it has synergy with ffiv.

I might have planned poorly for the final boss, but I really dislike the VII and X characters (except Yuffie), so my party is Leroy (MC), Rydia, Kain, Black Mage, Warrior.

Leroy is currently Dark Attack and Cure, Rydia Thunder and Fire, Kain has Jump, Black Mage and Thundara and Blizzard, Warrior is dork and can't use anything.

I might need to abuse the Orb days this week and pump up some level two spells to make this work. Give Rydia and a level two and Cura; at that point I'll just need to pray that I can blind him ASAP and then have Leroy and Rydia and heal duty (who are unfortunately also probably the biggest damage dealers at the moment, Leroy has a Glove ++ which has synergy).

Or I could just level up doodoo Cloud or Tifa. :-\

Negator

Well even if you hate Cloud, there is no denying he is top tier in our current batch of characters. I'd say he's a pretty safe investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom