• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the Celes Runic RM is awesome. I've never used that before but wow. Completely changed that last battle.

Back to the last 2 elites before the boss rush arrives I guess.

Xetherion

Also, I just read that you can start and exit battles using the rm2s to recharge abilities at the expense of stam. Haven't tried that, but if that does work then you can basically refill your non summons magic for stam.

Oh man, that is awesome if true.

I didn't think the trash was so bad as far as level 99 dungeons go. It doesn't hit that hard and goes down to 2 strong attacks. I think the machina are weak to fire too.

Uhh, the robots with pot shot were hitting either AOE 1000 dmg or single target 2100 dmg. How is that not hitting hard?

Pejo

So reading through this thread, I tried the Runic tactic on Seymore. It didn't go as well as I was expecting, I should have stuck with my defensively geared strategy. He only cast single target spells twice through the whole battle, the rest of the time my team got decimated by AOE spells or physical attack. Ended up losing Cloud and Tidus, causing me to expert out. I feel like if I took sentinel's grimoire and protectga, I'd have been much further ahead. Valefor only did like 7k a turn, not worth the collateral damage for that. I'm not gonna bother trying again for now though, I did what I set out to do and unlocked the boss rush whenever it comes.

I really despise how this game so poorly favors modern/popular characters, it really ruins the effect of having a melange of Final Fantasy to play with when you have to drag stupid Cloud to every event end stages. There really is no balance.

Anyway, I've been playing catch-up in dungeons this week and doing well enough, I'm up to 95 stamina (from maybe 83 a week or so ago). I'll probably pay for a refill tomorrow, not sure if I want to finish up the event (just the last two stages now) or keep picking away at dungeons.

I really despise how this game so poorly favors modern/popular characters, it really ruins the effect of having a melange of Final Fantasy to play with when you have to drag stupid Cloud to every event end stages. There really is no balance.

Anyway, I've been playing catch-up in dungeons this week and doing well enough, I'm up to 95 stamina (from maybe 83 a week or so ago). I'll probably pay for a refill tomorrow, not sure if I want to finish up the event (just the last two stages now) or keep picking away at dungeons.
Eventually the FFV cast will be the best overall. Every single one of them is pretty top notch.

Anyone use Regen Summon for Seymour? I just bumped it up to 3 uses.

Where's the GAF list? I guess I need Celes friend. That info should really be in the OP so people don't have to ask for the link.

Balphon

Oh man, that is awesome if true.

Uhh, the robots with pot shot were hitting either AOE 1000 dmg or single target 2100 dmg. How is that not hitting hard?

That's what they'd hit for on an unmitigated attack to, like, Vivi. They do less to a higher defense character or with any mitigation at all, which is fairly necessary for a high difficulty dungeon as long as that one is. Likewise, the other two mobs in the set do surprisingly little damage in comparison. It shouldn't be that bad unless you get unlucky and one of them leads off by pot shotting your mage.

Anyone use Regen Summon for Seymour? I just bumped it up to 3 uses.

I did because it was the only thing I had that would heal through Carbuncle. Only needed 2 casts, though.

Balphon

Might give this a try then. Did you master the final stage?

Yeah. I'd recommend keeping mortibody magic broken if you're going the Carbuncle route since its abilities won't be reflected. Was hitting my party for ~100 with break up and ~300 without. It has one physical attack but it seems to be rare.

3 casts of Kirin should be plenty enough to keep regen up the whole time.

Yeah. I'd recommend keeping mortibody magic broken if you're going the Carbuncle route since its abilities won't be reflected. Was hitting my party for ~100 with break up and ~300 without. It has one physical attack but it seems to be rare.

3 casts of Kirin should be plenty enough to keep regen up the whole time.

Thanks for the tip on magic breakdown the mortibody. Think I'll give it a go.

Yikes, I'm broke. I have exactly 38 gil. Thank god the gil dungeon is tomorrow (even though I won't be able to run it the first 8 hours). All this upgrading and combining equipment is crazy expensive!

No kidding. I stored up $300k+ for today and almost burned through it. Then again, I can barely get through the first two stages of Heroic today.

Man I forgot how good Vit0 is, hadn't been using anyone since all my main Vit0 users hit level cap but having just pulled a half way decent weapon for Sephy (4 star blade thing) I can go back to stomping things quickly.

elty

Man I forgot how good Vit0 is, hadn't been using anyone since all my main Vit0 users hit level cap but having just pulled a half way decent weapon for Sephy (4 star blade thing) I can go back to stomping things quickly.

Not sure how am I supposed to do Storm dragon without vit0

Road

edit@above: But if you get to Seymour you can basically just infinite summon spam with Runic. Summons are doubly awesome because it gets his machine friend to sap HP from him. As long as you have like 3 charges on your other DPS abilities (esp Mental Breakdown/Break) you should be fine I think. Free 9 stars from his conditions too. In fact Haste is a good ability to have for this, just so you can get more summon casts off in the duration of Runic (that's how many charges you get). In fact you might as well go the full 9 yards and use up your initial summon charges for trash.

I found it easier than undead snake guy. Cheese tactic stronk.

This is what I did. Used Cloud with Retaliate, which lasts three rounds, then a summon to clear the last round of the first two battles. For the third battle, Retaliate only. Uglier than I wished and my lack of strong rods made the battle longer than necessary (it would probably have been faster if I had gone full Retaliate): https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/z...yLr=m22?cpn=4U6gdUJU69z-Wqyx&c=WEB&cver=html5 (the background noise is due to it being at my job...) Party setup: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EAlIG6wR6055svgsuRY5K7FQef0LAgi-BgYRCnvTWcq5=w467-h830-no

And I found evrae snake is child's play with blind, magic break and sentinel grimoire.

Yeah, those robots were ridiculous. That AOE was automatic S/L. Hardest trash mobs since Locke event.

Beat Seymour. Had a crazy set up...will post later with pics. No Cloud. Tidus, Yuna, Garnet, Vivi and Tyro. Brought single cast reflect, 6 uses, and Carbuncle. Lost 5 stars total. 3 on last stage. Kirin of course too. Had Vivi Poison, had to reset to stick, as friend.

I need to remember that when everyone here says an event/battle is easy, for me it's probably not. >_>

The trash on the last stage was ridiculous but I made it to Seymour and brought along Carbuncle. After a shit load of s/l, I managed to beat him by the skin of my balls. No mastery; sigh....

Tried again using the Celes RW and achieved mastery this time but it was still a major struggle. I think my biggest issue is that my abilities aren't honed enough. I think I only have one ability higher than rank 3 (Curaga).

Managed to bump my stamina up to 105 now. I could kick myself for using multiple mythril to stamina refresh when I was sitting at 65...

Is the boss rush coming tomorrow?

Josef up to level 55 soloing snow cavern. Will he hit 60 before his rm2 drops? One positive, I only need 29 lesser powers before I have enough of those to hone 3 double cuts to 5, would need a shitload of lesser winds, 135 or so.

Falk

that puzzling face
So reading through this thread, I tried the Runic tactic on Seymore. It didn't go as well as I was expecting, I should have stuck with my defensively geared strategy. He only cast single target spells twice through the whole battle, the rest of the time my team got decimated by AOE spells or physical attack. Ended up losing Cloud and Tidus, causing me to expert out. I feel like if I took sentinel's grimoire and protectga, I'd have been much further ahead. Valefor only did like 7k a turn, not worth the collateral damage for that. I'm not gonna bother trying again for now though, I did what I set out to do and unlocked the boss rush whenever it comes.

???

Seymour:
21% Multi Fira (BLK: 2 hits - 350% Fire Magic Dmg)
21% Multi Blizzara (BLK: 2 hits - 350% Ice Magic Dmg)
21% Multi Thundara (BLK: 2 hits - 350% Lightning Magic Dmg)
21% Multi Watera (BLK: 2 hits - 350% Water Magic Dmg)
16% Protect (WHT: Auto-hit Protect - Self only)

Seymour (weak)
25% Flare (BLK: 650% NonElem Magic Dmg)
15% Break (BLK: 33% chance of Petrify)
12% Multi Fira (BLK: 2 hits - 350% Fire Magic Dmg)
12% Multi Blizzara (BLK: 2 hits - 350% Ice Magic Dmg)
12% Multi Thundara (BLK: 2 hits - 350% Lightning Magic Dmg)
12% Multi Watera (BLK: 2 hits - 350% Water Magic Dmg)
12% Protect (WHT: Auto-hit Protect - Self only)

Mortibody
20% Desperado (PHY: AoE - 90% Phys Dmg)
17% Fire (BLK: AoE - 150% Fire Magic Dmg)
17% Blizzard (BLK: AoE - 150% Ice Magic Dmg)
17% Thunder (BLK: AoE - 150% Lightning Magic Dmg)
17% Water (BLK: AoE - 150% Water Magic Dmg)
12% Cura (WHT: Factor 55 Heal - Targets Seymour Natus)

Seymour has an 84% chance to double cast a single target spell a turn, not doing any damage to the party and giving you two guaranteed summon charges via Runic, or protect on himself*, not doing any damage to the party. His attack pattern changes later in the fight but is just as useless against Runic

Mortibody has a 20% chance to use physical attacks, 68% chance to use an AOE that hits the entire party and gives you one summon charge via Runic, or a heal that does jack all.

"He only cast single target spells twice" is either hyperbole, or you were massively unlucky and he spammed protect on himself (which would be massively lucky on any strat other than Runic since his spells hurt).

Power and Magic Break on Mortibody is a given - not doing so vs incoming damage on any tough boss is asking for trouble. With the Runic strat, you don't even have to Magic Break Seymour, only Mortibody.

Valefor "only does" 7k. The silliness of that statement aside (you get infinite 7k casts without any buff/debuff requirement eating into your turn opportunity cost) it technically does more than that since it also hits Mortibody who then proceeds to absorb HP from Seymour.

I need to remember that when everyone here says an event/battle is easy, for me it's probably not. >_>

Probably true. :p Everything is relative, and considering your abilities are r3, I don't think you should be expecting to have an easy time with what's technically endgame content just yet, cheese tactics or not. That trash is brutal even spamming instawin abilities like summons. The big bot is weak to fire though.

Pejo

???

Stuff

Thanks for the breakdown. I will clarify a few things. I was unaware that it was Mortibody doing most of the AoE. Did not change the fact though, that I only got 4 of the doublecast spells absorbed by runic. He did cast 2 more between when the first runic went down before I got it back up. I did have Seymour magic broken, but not Mortibody, which I see now was my problem. Also something strange I noticed, contrary to your writeup: When I used Valefor, and hit both Mort and Seymour, he never did the little siphon HP thing. In fact I accidentally mistargeted Mortibody once on an Armor Break and he still didn't siphon HP.

I'll chalk it up to being rather unlucky and unprepared, but I still feel like I'd have gotten more medals without the runic strategy, if for no other reason than I would know exactly what to do and when to do it. I've only used Runic once before.

iNL8G6y.png

mQQkyUx.png

7i7HXmO.png

Seymour Elite. Last pic was taken after the fight. Had Vivi poison not SG(in the pic)...had to reload a few times to get Poison to stick. Carbuncle ended close to the end so I recast the single reflect on 4 of my members...Garnet got petrified towards the end. I can now hone Carbuncle to 2(will probably pass for now)...but only had 1 use during the fight.

Going into the last stage...I think I had all 4 firajas and 1 quake from the refresh. A healthy amount of heals. I had BM2 and WM2 materias. Tidus had boost to swords. Tyro had Winning Spirit or whatever it's called that boosts the gauge...don't think I ever casted it was just online when the fight ended. Think Yuna had WM1 materia. Dunno if I was doing any more or less damage with Mental Break but I was casting that on Seymour. Magic Breaked the other part of the boss.

2 Kirins should be enough. I had 3.

All ready for Boss Rush now. Done the last 2 VI Elites which weren't so bad. Especially as you don't really need to fight Behemoth because of Death/Raise. Storm Dragon hits hard though and quite a lengthy battle. Just make sure you have a good 10 lightning magic spells for him.

Just trying to get Josefs 2nd RM now. The grind is real. Then Garnets Heal RM. Will skip Boss Rush tomorrow though to work on XP Day which is more important.

Nohar

I beat Seymour, but it was a close call.

Hum, I think I'm going to spent only 50 Mythril at Lightning's event, and keep the rest for the next four characters relics banners* (or even the six characters relics ones).

* Help me with my english here... It's four character relics banners or four characters relics banners?

"the next four characters' relic banners" would be correct.
This is the correct phrasing, although technically it'd be more accurate to take the word characters' out entirely. Seeing as how the banners usually (always?) are for more than one character. :p

All kidding aside: I'm sure everyone understood exactly what you meant, Nohar.

Eventually the FFV cast will be the best overall. Every single one of them is pretty top notch.
Interesting.

I still wish things were better balanced though, so everybody that doesn't like Final Fantasy VII, VIII or X can use their favorite characters a little more.

Honestly, if any character should be OP, it should be Warrior of Light since he's OG.

So is there ever a quest that requires the making of protectega or bladeblitz? Or if I can make them now I should go all in? Been waiting on making higher level skills due to not wanting dupes due to quest.

I'm quickly zooming in on having 200 Mythril, yaya.

Since I don't feel like I have major holes in my setups (other than character SBs), I think I might hold off until the next SB Celebration (if there is one?).

Up to 97 Staminas, completed all Quests (except 5★ skills, natch), and I only have the final battle left in the current even (plus Boss Rush, when released). I feel pretty close to current, even though I have a lot of Elite Dungeons to go through still. I was going to do a refill today (as I did the last couple of Saturdays), but I think I'll be busy for the rest of the day.

Xetherion

That's what they'd hit for on an unmitigated attack to, like, Vivi. They do less to a higher defense character or with any mitigation at all, which is fairly necessary for a high difficulty dungeon as long as that one is. Likewise, the other two mobs in the set do surprisingly little damage in comparison. It shouldn't be that bad unless you get unlucky and one of them leads off by pot shotting your mage.

They were hitting any and all of my characters for that much. I didn't have mitigation due to needing Diara for hitting Holy weakness. And the potshot bots were the most common mob for me by far. I only ran into the other bot once throughout the whole dungeon, and 1, maybe 2 battles with 2 monks instead of the bots.

I got through it by abusing the hell out of S/L.

Ashodin

Interesting.

I still wish things were better balanced though, so everybody that doesn't like Final Fantasy VII, VIII or X can use their favorite characters a little more.

Honestly, if any character should be OP, it should be Warrior of Light since he's OG.
Game is clearly balanced by popularity first, then usability second.

Balphon

They were hitting any and all of my characters for that much. I didn't have mitigation due to needing Diara for hitting Holy weakness. And the potshot bots were the most common mob for me by far. I only ran into the other bot once throughout the whole dungeon, and 1, maybe 2 battles with 2 monks instead of the bots.

I got through it by abusing the hell out of S/L.

Guess I got lucky, I didn't see many of them and only got hit by the rocket attack a few times. It was manageable.

If you can luck out like I did or kill them quickly the other two trash mobs don't seem to pose as much of a threat.

Falk

that puzzling face

Behold, my Palumpolum 2 Elite 4* Lightning Orb farming party, empirically chosen with the methodology of "do you need levels?" "A: Y - get in the party".

this is going to end in tears

Falk

that puzzling face
Full stamina bar, was gonna say "it ended in tears, because full stamina bar, no 4* orb"

But 4* orb dropped on the last attempt.

CRISIS AVERTED GUYSSS I DON'T NEED TO UNINSTALL

B.K.

I finished my first Elite event today. I managed to beat Dark Knight Cecil and the boss rush on Elite. I didn't Master either of them, but I at least got the completion bonuses.

Tomorrow is update day. I wonder how many story dungeons will get added. I'm still not finished with the last batch. I'm about half way through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom