• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

This first boss rush is going to be really hard to pull off without blowing a mythril. Having Tidus, Wakka, & Yuna all mandatory is rather severely limiting.

Boss rush down. Found it to be pretty easy. Red xiii rw is a must imho, use it to get past Bahamut and then on Seymour. R3firaja r4 Diara r2 Magic breakdown r3 curaja and a retaliator., used cloud and thundara strike. Not a single greater orb drop unfortunately.

Boss rush down. Found it to be pretty easy. Red xiii rw is a must imho, use it to get past Bahamut and then on Seymour. R3firaja r4 Diara r2 Magic breakdown r3 curaja and a retaliator., used cloud and thundara strike. Not a single greater orb drop unfortunately.

I don't get it, I have mastered every content so far and I am getting owned big fucking time by this buss rush. I did not have any trouble with any of the elite and I get owned (semi, just loss 1 medal but ihe's annoying) right off the bat by Evrae, I can't kill Spathi before he uses Megaflare (I did it with his countdown at 2 in the Elite with the same abilities I have right now). I am at a loss for words, will try Red I guess...

I don't get it, I have mastered every content so far and I am getting owned big fucking time by this buss rush. I did not have any trouble with any of the elite and I get owned (semi, just loss 1 medal but ihe's annoying) right off the bat by Evrae, I can't kill Spathi before he uses Megaflare (I did it with his countdown at 2 in the Elite with the same abilities I have right now). I am at a loss for words, will try Red I guess...

I had to reload that battle twice. I kicked red xiii in at the second of the summons to deal with that aoe and get haste before the countdown. I tried once without re and it was a disaster.

Balphon

I managed it just now without the mythril after all. Undead Evrae and Seymour seem much weaker than they are on elite (to the tune of like 100k fewer hp). The Ifrit/Valefor/Bahamut fight is honestly the hardest part. I would agree with the hastega recommendation -- I didn't have it and was maybe 1 second away from eating Megaflare before it died.

I managed it just now without the mythril after all. Undead Evrae and Seymour seem much weaker than they are on elite (to the tune of like 100k fewer hp). The Ifrit/Valefor/Bahamut fight is honestly the hardest part. I would agree with the hastega recommendation -- I didn't have it and was maybe 1 second away from eating Megaflare before it died.

They' really do. Those battles are over before you're expecting it. Quite a contrast from norg and .jenova. Agreed on the summons fight as the trickiest, esp since you have to apply breaks to each. Red and haste through them.

Wow... scratch that. The first 2 fights been real annoying to me for some reasons but I ended up owning Evrae Altana and Seymour big time. I even had a few good abilities left at the end too. That was odd...

Bleep lost four medals on the Seymour and friends. Not sure how I blew too many acting, must have been by one or two. Only twenty stam gone, so not too painful. Used red xiii again, weird that I pulled his number twice in a row.

I rolled cloud tidus red vivi and yuna. Red with break which stuck on one guard after many sls, then hunkering down with retaliate. I think I screwed up by hitting the final Seymour with magic break when I had reflect up, that additional damage to himself might have saved me a couple actions.

forgrim

Wow... scratch that. The first 2 fights been real annoying to me for some reasons but I ended up owning Evrae Altana and Seymour big time. I even had a few good abilities left at the end too. That was odd...

agreed, i struggled through the first two (the summons being the worst for me, one s/l to strategize to kill bahamut before mega flare). Killed the 3rd boss in record time, was confused, then destroyed seymour after magic breaking both.

Now planning a method of attack for the ex+. Probably gonna hone carbuncle and take that.

Balphon

Was able to finish off the event:

Dy4GFHz.jpg

Don't really know how I managed that last one. Took every ability I had and I was sure I was below the 2 medal threshold for actions taken. Reflect wore off right before Seymour died and I would've been toast had the fight gone on any longer.

That's the second FFX event I managed to complete by the skin of my teeth.

Was able to finish off the event:

Don't really know how I managed that last one. Took every ability I had and I was sure I was below the 2 medal threshold for actions taken. Reflect wore off right before Seymour died and I would've been toast had the fight gone on any longer.

That's the second FFX event I managed to complete by the skin of my teeth.

Honed Carbuncle?

By the way, does anyone know how much HP has Anima?

Road

By the way, does anyone know how much HP has Anima?

100k: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...ge_of_convenience_enemy_stats_and_ai/.compact

Totally forgot the ex boss would likely be coming out today and didn't save stamina for it. The worse part is twice today I've had to cancel out of a boss battle because I forgot to put offensive people in the front row for the boss (they were in the back row to retaliate the trash).

Tomorrow is update day. I wonder how many story dungeons will get added. I'm still not finished with the last batch. I'm about half way through them.

Seriously? I finished the classics today, but I still have some 20 or 30 elites. I'm never catching up...

B.K.

Seriously? I finished the classics today, but I still have some 20 or 30 elites. I'm never catching up...

Should be. The announcement at the last update was that they were going to start doing a regular two week update schedule, so tomorrow should be the next set of dungeons.

Boss rush wasn't too hard for me. Took the same party as I did for the final stage in the Elite. My party was Tidus, Wakka, Paladin Cecil, Cloud and Yuna with the Tyro Sentinel for my RW. Having Status Break sure does make the bosses easier. I ended up beating Seymour without using Carbuncle.

The Anima fight however was more challenging. I had to S/L once because I couldn't kill Anima before Oblivion. I did bring Carbuncle this fight and it made the final Seymour a joke. Now I just have the new 6/7 elites before I am all caught up.

Surprisingly, for me, I didn't find this boss rush very difficult. I actually had more trouble with the very first Evrae fight than the others.

I've attempted the EX+ fight twice now but no success there yet. Good thing it's only 20 stamina. I've honed up a few of my abilities, including Carbuncle, and will try it again.

What kind of damage does Anima's Pain attack do? I used both power and magic break but it didn't seem to lessen the damage.

Road

Just fought Storm Dragon but the recording crashed near the end. Disappointing, since I will never try it again. Thing is a pain when it spams Leaf Swirl and Aeroga. Anyway, this was my party (click for detailed view):

Nohar

Darkness of Yevon initiated. Realized I didn't bring Magic Break >_<

And now I find Evrae to be one tough guy to kill (and if he uses Petrifying Gaze, it's S/L).

Edit: Completed. It was tedious, to say the least... I'll just exp my characters today and do the final fight tomorrow.

Edit²: Tried and completed the fight against Seymour and Anima... and only got Expert. This is bullshit. Even with beating Anima in time (before it uses Chaos; used Red XIII SB as a friend summon), getting all 9 bonus medals, I still only got Expert because I lost 4 medals (Damage Taken and Turns). We don't own Shellga yet, making Sentinel Grimoire all but mandatory (that or a honed Carbuncle), and there is absolutly no way to not lose any medals for too many turns taken. This is downright injust and stupid. Even whale people can not possibly avoid losing medals for turns taken. Bull-shit.
I'll try again with Sentinel Grimoire as a friend summon (assuming I manage to get one; no one showed up, even after spending a few battles at Fabul Castle to make them pop, hence why I went with Red XIII) and a honed Carbuncle, but now I'm not quite sure I can burn Anima in time (and I am using the Retaliate meta).

I just can't kill Anima before Oblivion... I Armor Break and Mental Break him, Double cut retaliate, Comet for 6k etc etc... I am about to give up... The Death/Break part is so tedious. I have a feeling that he is always so close to die when he uses Oblivion... I see parties setup that succeeded and I don't understand how they manage to deal enough damage before Oblivion.

Razmos

Yooooo, we have FF14 characters!
Y'Shtola
WCYzicv.png

Thancred
rwUCGWS.png

The picture is for ants, but YOOO

I hope they have XIV synergy and aren't just Core characters, that would suck.

I just can't kill Anima before Oblivion... I Armor Break and Mental Break him, Double cut retaliate, Comet for 6k etc etc... I am about to give up... The Death/Break part is so tedious. I have a feeling that he is always so close to die when he uses Oblivion...

Kept going at it, I knew that I was so close to kill Anima everytime he used Oblibion! This time it went through and I Mastered it without changing my strategy. I am happy when my initial strategy can work! Done with this event with no Mythril, enough to make me very happy!

My damage mitigation strat worked. Did not bring cures, lost 2 medals for Action Taken but only one for Damage Taken.

Roto13

Oh, good, they're adding even more bullshit to the events now, that's nice.

I like actual RPGs because you can carry enough tools with you to make a versatile team without having to spend 10 minutes in a laggy menu to equip the exact right equipment and even more exact abilities you absolutely need to know in advance to have any chance of succeeding.

I like actual RPGs because you can carry enough tools with you to make a versatile team without having to spend 10 minutes in a laggy menu to equip the exact right equipment and even more exact abilities you absolutely need to know in advance to have any chance of succeeding.

I can't imagine how much Stamina was wasted in Japan trying to figure out things. Kudos to people who are playing this game blindly...

Nohar

Not to mention the stamina system and the horrible gatcha. That's why Record Keeper is not a good F2P game. I said it once before, and I say it again now: without the nostalgia appeal, pretty much no one would have paid attention to that game.

Roto13

Not to mention the stamina system and the horrible gatcha. That's why Record Keeper is not a good F2P game. I said it once before, and I say it again now: without the nostalgia appeal, pretty much no one would have paid attention to that game.
It was good for a while. Stamina costs were a lot lower and you didn't need a strategy guide, even before they started letting you see the extras objectives in advance. But the new content gradually became crappier and crappier. The gacha system was never good, though. Or was just with putting up with.

Now you can do two or three dungeons per day, and if you didn't check a guide and perfectly set every ability, fuck you.

Road

Boss rush was kinda easy. My setup: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BAeds5rafbbFxfhLyPnbYXO_MWaRBrbe5Jsw5Kd36id-=w532-h945-no.

And, yes, it is work -- you have to think of the better strategy given your inventory. Me, I actually like the planning part, but people want different things in their games. So, if you don't like it, then you should quit and find something that entertains you (or just ignore the very hard fights created on purpose to challenge you).

The ex++ boss seems like a pain, though (haven't fought it yet), because it's only one fight so to master it you really need to excel at it.

I can't imagine how much Stamina was wasted in Japan trying to figure out things. Kudos to people who are playing this game blindly...

That said, yeah, I would probably have quit the game already if we didn't have before hand information from the Japanese version.

Nohar

Boss rush was kinda easy. My setup: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BAeds5rafbbFxfhLyPnbYXO_MWaRBrbe5Jsw5Kd36id-=w532-h945-no.

And, yes, it is work -- you have to think of the better strategy given your inventory. Me, I actually like the planning part, but people want different things in their games. So, if you don't like it, then you should quit and find something that entertains you (or just ignore the very hard fights created on purpose to challenge you).

The planning part wouldn't be a problem is the user interface wasn't horribly slow and clunky on older devices (such as mine). Overall, the UI really needs a lot of improvements.

Roto13

Game of bullshit beyond that though. Some elites are nearly impossible without synergy equipment from the gacha system. I spent 111 stamina trying and failing to get garnets record materia today because there's no way I'm going to naturally spend enough time in ix dungeons to get it to drop any time in the near future. Of course that's like 5 hours worth of stamina with nothing to show for it. Because fuck what this game has become.

I'm torn because I know if I stop playing now I'll never be able to come back to it because I'll miss out on time limited characters (another trap to keep you playing after it stops being fun at all) but typing that out just now made it a very easy decision. Deleting this shady crap now. I hope Nintendo doesn't let DeNA put out equally bad games with their ip.

forgrim

The planning part wouldn't be a problem is the user interface wasn't horribly slow and clunky on older devices (such as mine). Overall, the UI really needs a lot of improvements.

agreed, my lg g3 stock ran the game like garbage, but i went to cyanogenmod and it improved performance at least by twice.

the ex++, i had to try three times before i got an ideal team to beat it without losing more than 3 medals (lost 4 twice, then 2 on the last attempt, used vit0, carbuncle r2)

Balphon

I like the strategization involved in gear/ability/character selection. I would probably be less entertained by this if I could beat the challenge fights comfortably with whatever I threw together.

However, I agree that I would probably find it all much more annoying if I couldn't hop on reddit or whatever and read up on the boss's stats and AI in advance.

Did Japan ever get an "unequip all" option? That - along with some way to fast-forward, Earthbound style, the super low-difficulty normal fights that Garnet can OHKO with her staff while taking 2 damage - is all I'd want at this point.

The shift to the mage metagame is something I worry about with the game. Mages need good abilities and good abilities need orbs...many many many orbs. Grinding when you have stamina cost to consider (opportunity cost) and poor drop rates are not a good mix if you ask me. Also there is the matter of some strategies being near impossible to players if they missed certain things. Carbuncle for example (as that is not easy to craft at all due the rarity of summon orbs).

Oh yeah. I've been gone the last few weeks so missed Balthier...who happens to not get a bonus quest to allow future unlocking (I know about that other event) but Cyan gets one...yeah Cyan who you get about a day into playing (given an event also rewards him there must be some joke I'm missing here).

Oh yeah. I've been gone the last few weeks so missed Balthier...who happens to not get a bonus quest to allow future unlocking (I know about that other event) but Cyan gets one...yeah Cyan who you get about a day into playing (given an event also rewards him there must be some joke I'm missing here).

the bonus quests are weird. like where's my tifa bonus quest, huh? cyan is a real dumb choice for a reward.

Road

EX++ Boss done. The fight is actually really easy if you get instant ko on both guards (with Death, Break... or weapon). Although I used it, I don't think Carbuncle is essential to it -- Sentinel Grimoire + Magic Break will really slow down the damage from the last Seymour. I think the problem is only the first fight, since you can't even Magic Break Seymour there unless you beat the first two guards, thus killing them both quickly being the most important.

Now for the bad news, I spent 1 hour trying to get two Breaks (distracted myself with Evo). I had to get it twice because the first time everyone decided it was Vivi season, so I had to try again. Two Deaths are far easier, if you have enough orbs to hone it. If you don't have either, bring Gravity at least, if possible on two different buddies.

Party setup: https://goo.gl/photos/THncovbb3KMtJUaN9

Game of bullshit beyond that though. Some elites are nearly impossible without synergy equipment from the gacha system. I spent 111 stamina trying and failing to get garnets record materia today because there's no way I'm going to naturally spend enough time in ix dungeons to get it to drop any time in the near future. Of course that's like 5 hours worth of stamina with nothing to show for it. Because fuck what this game has become.

I'm torn because I know if I stop playing now I'll never be able to come back to it because I'll miss out on time limited characters (another trap to keep you playing after it stops being fun at all) but typing that out just now made it a very easy decision. Deleting this shady crap now. I hope Nintendo doesn't let DeNA put out equally bad games with their ip.

There's plenty of bullshit, yes. Why is anyone even farming Garnet's 2nd RM, though? It's not essential, or even great. If someone has finished every dungeon and everyone is level 50/65, go farm some orbs or something.

After one week of not logging in, you'll completely forget this game and not care about coming back. This will happen to anyone, I think.

MicH

Looks like I won't be able to tackle the boss rush for a couple of days. Today is EXP, tomorrow I need more upgrade material (might not take the entire day though) and Tuesday I need black and power orbs.

I'm so behind on my levels. Josef and Summoner are like level 12 and I really need their RM2 (I hear Summoner's MC is getting released in the next dungeon update), Irvine is level 20 and apparently he's a target score in some of the elites in the next VIII event? (at least Squall is 57 and Rinoa is 50).

I wonder how many people will quit when DeNa patches Vit0. I see so many people (more on Reddit and other places than here) relying on it. Some will be ok with not being able to beat all the content and are enjoying what they can while Vit0 is there. However, some will get really mad or discouraged once they will start to miss out on rewards because they relied on a crutch for too long.

I have a feeling that some people don't farm and hone as much as they should because they know they can Vit0 the hard parts, those will hurt the most.

MicH

I've never used Vit0 and I don't plan to either. I've only used the Retaliate strategy a few times as well. I just don't really like playing like that, I guess.

Nohar

I Vit0ed the Red Dragon (Locke's Event) and Tidus' boss rush. I did the rest the "right" way (with Retaliate meta on occasion). I avoid using it since I know it won't work anymore soon, and I don't like cheating. On the other hand, it was absolutly impossible for me to beat the aforementioned events in time with my team, items and abilities without it (at the time at least; I have better stuff and abilities now, making things easier).

Ashodin

I wonder how many people will quit when DeNa patches Vit0. I see so many people (more on Reddit and other places than here) relying on it. Some will be ok with not being able to beat all the content and are enjoying what they can while Vit0 is there. However, some will get really mad or discouraged once they will start to miss out on rewards because they relied on a crutch for too long.

I have a feeling that some people don't farm and hone as much as they should because they know they can Vit0 the hard parts, those will hurt the most.

I farm and hone and use VIT0, so I'm good

Red Mage

BTW, I don't know if anyone else confirmed it, but you can start a stage and then flee to restore abilities.

I've beaten every stage so far and I stopped using vit0 a long time ago. Of course, I use OWA+Sephiroth+High Scorer. >_>

Razmos

Mastered the Yuna event boss rush, but had to use a Mythril (and had to reset countless times)

I'm glad to have the bulk of this stupid ass event behind me. None of the events have pissed me off as much as this one.

The large amount of enemies, the bigger than normal amount of rounds, the CONSTANT AoE spam, the high HP and damage output of the trash, and annoying ass bosses like Evrae with a bunch of nasty little tricks like multiple AoE attacks, poison, petrify and well.. pretty much all of the bosses really. They all sucked.

It just wasn't fun at all.

I definitely think the criteria for "Damage Taken" needs to be changed. It's absolute bull that getting hit once for 2000+ damage loses you a medal, especially when you get hit by an AoE attack that does 1000+ damage to every party member, ruining your damage rankings in one hit.
It gets to the point where you just cancel and reset if you get hit once, which is not a fun, nor interesting or balanced way to play the game.

Mastered EX+ this morning with a lot of luck. If nothing else, this event made me finally spend some orbs. I ended up honing magic and mental break to R3. I honed Carbuncle to R2. I created Kirin then honed to R2. I created death, break, and gravity. Honed two double cuts to R3. Created magic and mental breakdown, then honed magic breakdown to R2.

I tried, tried, and tried some more trying different tactics and abilities. Used s/l a shit ton to try and get break to work on just one guado, let alone both. That was by far the most annoying part. It's not too difficult of a fight to just win but I kept losing two medals for actions and two for damage. The first three attempts I couldn't kill Anima before Oblivion. I had to re-arrange my gear and RM a bit for that.

The run when I finally lucked out I started with 4 character's ATB bars right at full. I ended up getting Carbuncle and my SG RW off before any of the enemies had a turn. My first break also hit but the second one missed, of course.

Used 3 gravity on the remaining guado then finished him off with Cloud. Everyone else I just skipped their turns.

Used a magic breakdown on Seymour because Carbuncle wore off before he was dead. Killed him then popped my second SG once Anima showed up. Also was lucky enough to get off magic breakdown before she used Pain. I boosted Cloud, used armor break on Anima, then went to town doing double cut retaliate strategy.

I got lucky again when Anima went down because I got off my second Carbuncle before Seymour could act. I just used the rest of my retaliates and he went down easily.

Lost 2 medals for actions and 1 for damage.

If you keep track of damage you could pull the above off using actual strategy and timing instead of luck and flailing around like myself lol. Good luck to those still working on it.

Here's the setup I used.

HCPnyDNl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom