• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Vit0 no shame. I held off on using it for awhile but I got to a point where it was the only viable way to win. I haven't used it in awhile since I thought it had been patched out (or was it only patched out for Wakka's SB?).

My big problem with this game is either you gotta spend a lot on Gatcha or you gotta completely optimize your grinding so that you have the right set ups. I've been playing every day since it came out in the US and I was pretty unoptimized early on and struggled with some of the events. I've gotten better at how I use my stamina but yeah sometimes this game pisses me off.

I think the things that hurt are that mages are useless outside of boss fights because there's no way to refresh abilities (except paying money) but it feels at times like you need more than damage and healing abilities and the game just isn't set up in a way to make taking along buffs/debuffs viable.

At this point as long as I can get through most of the record dungeons (which feel almost pointless to even spend time on anymore) and get the important rewards from events (new character and crystals) I'm pretty happy. It sucks that such a low percentage of players can finish all the content but its kind of obvious that that is by design. They have to have some way to make you want to spend money and that's pretty much it. Whether or not that is good or fair design is a whole other post.

Yooooo, we have FF14 characters!
Y'Shtola
WCYzicv.png

Thancred
rwUCGWS.png

The picture is for ants, but YOOO

I hope they have XIV synergy and aren't just Core characters, that would suck.

Not up on the Spriters Resource yet :(

I wonder if this means more Game Center achievements. I only noticed yesterday that this game has achievements.

Other than using a Google Play gift card I received as a gift to do the 100 gem rolls, I have never spent any money on this game; never felt hamstrung by not doing so either and I've completed every event except Rinoa and Locke's (which I didn't even attempt).

I've also never once used vit0 and don't have a ton of amazing gear. You can make do just fine as a free player, IMO.

FireVoa

Doing Ex+ and just missed my 12th straight Break. 50 percent of the time it misses every fucking time. So frustrating... /rant

Edit: Ex+ Mastered. Only took my 17th Break to kill a single Gado and when the second charge missed I wasn't S/L any more! Bring on Selphie and Quistis event!!

The 20 stamina fight is a bunch of fucking crock. I can beat it but I can't beat that fucker before he casts Oblivion. I fucking had HASTE... HASTE!!!!

Gonna try Spiral Cut next.

When I did beat it I lost 4 on the action/damage medals(besides the others I lost). It appears you can only lose 3 to get mastery. I fucking hate timed tests, timed fights, timed anything. Having to kill that punk before that spell is garbage. GARBAGE!

Yeah... I just got Yuna and her memory crystal and pieced the hell out of this event. After struggling to get Master on the Isaaru stage (finally got it), I knew I had no business even trying to do the EX stuff.

Yeah... I just got Yuna and her memory crystal and pieced the hell out of this event. After struggling to get Master on the Isaaru stage (finally got it), I knew I had no business even trying to do the EX stuff.

That fight gave me the most trouble in the dungeon stage of the event and the Boss fight. Keeping pressing past that. If you have Carbuncle and if it's honed or if you have some extra single casts reflects...you can definitely beat them all and the boss rush. The single battle is beatable too...mastery is something else though. I'll post my setup whenever I master it.

That Isaaru fight is bullshit. I cannot use Yuna (LVL1) so I tried it twice with my top party. Had Red 13 RW, killed the bastard before he casts Megaflare, did not have even one KO but lost 2 medals for Damage and 1 medal (!) for Acton (+3 medals for lack of Yuna).

Expert only. Cannot Master the Elite w/o Yuna I think.

Luckily the rewards for this whole Event are kind of weak so no worries here.

Cleared the whole Yuna event and all elites mastered. What do I do now?

Looks like the next batch of dungeons hit late Tuesday, so I think I'll spend some time farming Josef n Garnet's RM2. Maybe some power orb farming too. The break from events will be welcome!

Edit: after reading about how low Josef's RM2 drop odds are, I was prepared for a slog. Then I get it in my first battle. If only my luck extended to my gatcha pulls....

eastx

My big problem with this game is either you gotta spend a lot on Gatcha or you gotta completely optimize your grinding so that you have the right set ups. I've been playing every day since it came out in the US and I was pretty unoptimized early on and struggled with some of the events. I've gotten better at how I use my stamina but yeah sometimes this game pisses me off.

I think the things that hurt are that mages are useless outside of boss fights because there's no way to refresh abilities (except paying money) but it feels at times like you need more than damage and healing abilities and the game just isn't set up in a way to make taking along buffs/debuffs viable.

Mages and abilities definitely create most of the game's challenge for the reason you just described. Working towards the Black and White Mages' Record Materias can help some with that, as well as taking advantage of level up ability refreshes (which I only just learned about a few days ago!). Just snagged the Black Mage's second Record Materia tonight, actually, though I threw several stamina refreshes at it to get there.

Other than using a Google Play gift card I received as a gift to do the 100 gem rolls, I have never spent any money on this game; never felt hamstrung by not doing so either and I've completed every event except Rinoa and Locke's (which I didn't even attempt).

I've also never once used vit0 and don't have a ton of amazing gear. You can make do just fine as a free player, IMO.

Wow, because I've spent probably $150 on the game over these past few months and I still bump into difficulty issues at times. I wasn't planning my grinding and such until the last few weeks though... And it's not cool what maximizing your playtime and stamina usage (as is absolutely necessary to fully succeed in this game) does to your life, really.

That Isaaru fight is bullshit. I cannot use Yuna (LVL1) so I tried it twice with my top party. Had Red 13 RW, killed the bastard before he casts Megaflare, did not have even one KO but lost 2 medals for Damage and 1 medal (!) for Acton (+3 medals for lack of Yuna).

Expert only. Cannot Master the Elite w/o Yuna I think.

Luckily the rewards for this whole Event are kind of weak so no worries here.

Why didn't you use the Challenge event's egg rewards and Sunday experience event to level her up? That's what those eggs are for - they'll take someone up into the thirties at least, probably even forties.

Mastered the boss rush somehow. Lost 10 medals throughout. 6 on the 3 summons boss because couldn't kill it fast enough (although I think I was only out by 3000hp). Seymour seemed to go down really quick here.

The Seymour/Anima fight I failed miserably only being able to Novice it. Lost loads of medals and Wakka died cause I didn't get Carbuncle up quick enough for the third part when he double cast him. Also couldn't kill Anima before Oblivion. Not too concerned though for the rewards worth.

Have to say though preparing for these 2 events was beginning to take its toll. Game is taking up a lot of my time to organise and prepare for stuff like this and it's not enjoyable.

Oh well into some new dungeons hopefully soon.

Probably not worth it for the 2 fire and 1 summon orb...still can't master the single 3-stage fight. Lost 4 fucking medals. Went into the fight with no native cures...just carbuncle and kirin with Healing Grimoire in stage 2. Need to build my limit breaks up on the first part to take the guy out before Oblivion with Buster and Revolver...that didn't quite do it though as I'm 1 star short wasting turns.

I think the only way I can master it is if I get lucky on 2nd stage attacks(not hitting the wounded from the first fight) while bringing curaja and dumping kirin. Probably have to bring sentinel's grimoire...but how do I beat it down before it goes off with Oblivion? It's a no-master situation. I'm screwed either way unless I get the exact right amount of damage taken(I don't get hit on the 3rd stage because of Carbuncle). Need to pop sentinels at the start of phase 1 and just before phase 2...maybe then I'll make it with 2 stars in damage. I'm pretty sure I can't get actions up to 2 stars...it's just not possible.

Way too fucking frustrating.

Probably not worth it for the 2 fire and 1 summon orb...still can't master the single 3-stage fight. Lost 4 fucking medals. Went into the fight with no native cures...just carbuncle and kirin with Healing Grimoire in stage 2. Need to build my limit breaks up on the first part to take the guy out before Oblivion with Buster and Revolver...that didn't quite do it though as I'm 1 star short wasting turns.

I think the only way I can master it is if I get lucky on 2nd stage attacks(not hitting the wounded from the first fight) while bringing curaja and dumping kirin. Probably have to bring sentinel's grimoire...but how do I beat it down before it goes off with Oblivion? It's a no-master situation. I'm screwed either way unless I get the exact right amount of damage taken(I don't get hit on the 3rd stage because of Carbuncle). Need to pop sentinels at the start of phase 1 and just before phase 2...maybe then I'll make it with 2 stars in damage. I'm pretty sure I can't get actions up to 2 stars...it's just not possible.

Way too fucking frustrating.

Is the prize really worth it? Or do you treat it like a SL1 challenge in the Souls series?

I always try 2-3 times then call it quits. No point in wasting any more Stamina which I can use elsewhere.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh, good, they're adding even more bullshit to the events now, that's nice.

I like actual RPGs because you can carry enough tools with you to make a versatile team without having to spend 10 minutes in a laggy menu to equip the exact right equipment and even more exact abilities you absolutely need to know in advance to have any chance of succeeding.

Not to mention the stamina system and the horrible gatcha. That's why Record Keeper is not a good F2P game. I said it once before, and I say it again now: without the nostalgia appeal, pretty much no one would have paid attention to that game.

Heh, I hear you - I'm really hoping stamina costs cap at 20, making an even hour per stage. Incidentally, this is why getting a shit ton of stamina shards is a bad idea. Yeah, you get free refreshes more often, but then max stamina inflates, and stages need to keep getting more and more expensive to keep the stage/full-bar ratio reasonable (or else, Mythril refreshing becomes more and more powerful). Essentially when people bitch about not getting stamina shards, they really aren't realizing it's something they don't want.

That aside though, I actually quite enjoy the way events are panning out. The old school theorycrafter in me is pretty much revelling in what's pretty close to a one-man MMO, doing research, planning, and executing.

You're absolutely right, and I'm in complete agreement though, that the gacha is abhorrent, even for a freemium game, and the UI isn't much better. At least the UI gets better (remember Dr Mog turn ins and when we were simply wishing for battle speed lol) but the gacha is going to blow forever, or at least until the game stops being such a cash cow and some incentives get thrown in.

Also while it's nice for people keeping up at the edge, if you fall behind (or are just unlucky with gacha sup Falk) it's an uphill battle to get back up to the cutting edge if it's your fancy.

I can't imagine how much Stamina was wasted in Japan trying to figure out things. Kudos to people who are playing this game blindly...

Actually, while this applies to the English-speaking world, which is a little more computer-savvy, it's completely possible to datamine mobs and bosses for exact breakdowns of vulnerabilities, attack patterns, etc while playing through Classic, and then formulate a plan for Elite, even if some attack patterns may have some %s adjusted.

That being said, when I was playing Japan for a while there basically were the frontrunners, who wouldn't hesitate to blow Mythril on stamina refreshes (because p2w covers their pulling) figure out what bosses do, and then the 'next' group who would basically just read up on BBS, much like what we do. They've got some nice fan wikis too.

edit

My team for Seymour FWIW. No FFX 5*'s, but my gear isn't terrible - shitty armor is offset by 2 4*+ weapons. Got Anima before Oblivion, lost 1 Action and 1 Damage star. Vivi basically didn't really do anything other than cast Break, and then wait for Anima and unload there.

Kinda regretting my Carbuncle hone now though. Didn't need it at all, and it was 20 4* Summon and 10 4* Holy orbs. Those Holy orbs are also a bitch to farm and are required for a lot of core 4* abilities down the road :|

What I probably should have done was just do Seymour first since it's only ('only' heh) 20 stam, then hone after if I found I need it. Ah well, at least lesson learnt and I'll be more frugal with my orbs in future EX++s, trading some stam for experimentation instead.

Wow, because I've spent probably $150 on the game over these past few months and I still bump into difficulty issues at times. I wasn't planning my grinding and such until the last few weeks though... And it's not cool what maximizing your playtime and stamina usage (as is absolutely necessary to fully succeed in this game) does to your life, really.

I don't really agree with this. You can blow your stamina a couple times a day and and still tackle the endgame stuff pretty well. Just don't expect to steamroll everything because of gear or levels.

Josef up to level 61. Other the boss rush and ex and two mats runs, I've done nothing but run II solo with Josef to get the rm2 for three days. I now have 156 lpo, enough to cover maxing three double cuts (need a lot of lwos though), 714 lesser earths, and 327 lesser darks. The earths would net me 357k if I liquidated them. I'm beginning to believe that I have angered rngesus and I'll never get this drop. I suppose after Josef hits 64 I'll throw ricard in the mix to slow the exp growth on Josef and mitigate the eventual wasted exp a bit.

Josef up to level 61. Other the boss rush and ex and two mats runs, I've done nothing but run II solo with Josef to get the rm2 for three days. I now have 156 lpo, enough to cover maxing three double cuts (need a lot of lwos though), 714 lesser earths, and 327 lesser darks. The earths would net me 357k if I liquidated them. I'm beginning to believe that I have angered rngesus and I'll never get this drop. I suppose after Josef hits 64 I'll throw ricard in the mix to slow the exp growth on Josef and mitigate the eventual wasted exp a bit.

I wonder how the system to level up/ exchange orbs will look like. Will it be 10 lesser orbs for 1 better orb? Always a 10:1 exchange rate? 10 Greater for 1 Major?

I wonder how the system to level up/ exchange orbs will look like. Will it be 10 lesser orbs for 1 better orb? Always a 10:1 exchange rate? 10 Greater for 1 Major?

You wonder, right? 10-1 is pretty generous when you can get 5-6 3 star orbs for 15 stam in the daily, so would dena be that generous? I hope so. Particularly considering we are getting a trickle of new abilities to spend orbs on and the top abilities being gated off due to lack of majors.

I have something like 400 lesser fires, 200 lesser ices, and then 4 or 5 3 star orbs at around 160 each. Would love to turn those into greaters. Even 20-1 would be worth it.

Red Mage

Anyhow know when we should be expecting the next four-weapon banners?

...why? I'm nearly done with all events and dungeons and, while I have had trouble a few times, I haven't needed to spend nearly that. I have basically spent for the $1 pulls.

I also don't schedule my life around it either. o_O;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So back after about a week and this is my party now:
qtgT6abl.jpg

I just tried a run at the Yuna crystal again and I can't get past the second boss. It feels like I'm both not doing enough damage and also taking too much damage, because I'm wasting time on healing with my two mages and only have so much time to attack.

At this point, do I just need to start honing abilities and just go full DPS and not worry about healing at all? Or do I need to start getting things like shell and protect in order to survive the attacks? I'm not even sure what abilities I would be able to give up in order to take those in the first place...

I'm mainly an f2p player and have only spent $10 on the game, for 100 coin pulls and some stamina refreshes. Only a couple of natural 5* and none of them with character SB. I've mastered all the elites and most events (except Locke and Tidus reissue, cause I was fed-up with the game at that point)

It's difficult but that difficulty can be mitigated with good character and ability setups. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sunday dailies will get your characters and important abilities like the breaks, double cuts, intimidate and retaliate honed up. You don't have to plan your life around the game; just plan ahead and with a decent amount of S/L and plenty of guides around, the game is very manageable without having to spend much or anything at all.

Falk

that puzzling face
qtgT6abl.jpg

I just tried a run at the Yuna crystal again and I can't get past the second boss. It feels like I'm both not doing enough damage and also taking too much damage, because I'm wasting time on healing with my two mages and only have so much time to attack.

At this point, do I just need to start honing abilities and just go full DPS and not worry about healing at all? Or do I need to start getting things like shell and protect in order to survive the attacks? I'm not even sure what abilities I would be able to give up in order to take those in the first place...

Did you mean the 2nd boss rush boss, or 2nd boss for Yuna's Memory Crystal?

In either case, at this point for event elites you'll probably want to have your main party rocking Record Materia, because the added boost (e.g. Cloud hitting 10% harder, recharging BM/WHM abilities, etc) plus 5-15 levels begin to add up.

Can't see what your hones are at though, Unfortunately you -just- missed XP daily so it'd be hard to power your dudes past 50, but if you really can't dent that boss (could offer insight if you specified exactly which one) it might be best to call it quits and start getting Break Level Cap for your dudes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did you mean the 2nd boss rush boss, or 2nd boss for Yuna's Memory Crystal?

In either case, at this point for event elites you'll probably want to have your main party rocking Record Materia, because the added boost (e.g. Cloud hitting 10% harder, recharging BM/WHM abilities, etc) plus 5-15 levels begin to add up.

Can't see what your hones are at though, Unfortunately you -just- missed XP daily so it'd be hard to power your dudes past 50, but if you really can't dent that boss (could offer insight if you specified exactly which one) it might be best to call it quits and start getting Break Level Cap for your dudes.

Yeah, I'm talking about the 2nd boss for the Yuna Crystal.

I actually don't have any memory crystals for these characters so they're already at the max. I only have the two from Kain last event but both are level 1... But so, even at 50 I'm out of luck? What's the best way to try to raise level 1 characters?
(of course, I don't have any record materia either...)

My hones aren't that great unfortunately. My fire spells are at level 3, and my break and cure spells are at level 2. It's been enough until I just hit this wall.

Falk

that puzzling face
I wouldn't say you're out of luck. The halfway bosses (memory crystal stuff) should be doable at 50. There's two things really - the Elites scale all the way up to insanity, but if you remember the Rinoa event, T-Rex, while tough, was doable and nowhere near the hilarity that was the Edea stage. Second thing being there's a tangible power jump when you break your guys.

What are your hones at? Take a picture at the stage select screen and it should show the numbers.

Also, do you have Tidus? I'm -pretty- sure the 2*++ armor from his event outranks the XII shield. (This event, for whatever bizarre reason, only gave 2 copies of it for 2*+)

Best way to jumpstart characters are Growth Eggs, really. I have a stash that I use to get event characters up to 50, and then the Growth Eggs from the event sorta semi-replenish my stash, with the rest coming from XP daily.

SougoXIII

qtgT6abl.jpg

For bosses, yes you'll need Protect/shell/ breaks to survive. For trash mob, you need 1 generic 5 star armour or a 3++/2++ Realm synergy armour to take reasonable damage. Your weapon is fine (generic 5*) but since it doesn't have RS, you might want to buff yourself with boost and it should KO trash within 1-2 hit

You should put Tyro in the back row since he's a mage and his atk suck ass to be in the front row. The game, at this point, is more about abilities than gear - I saw some one beat FFVI's falcon elite with no mythril pull gear whatsoever, only honed abilities. The also give you a 3++ FFX sword for this event which should be better than the 5* one your using when taking in account RS.

Edit: Also abuse Friend Summon. Tyro's Sentiel Grimore is godlike for mitigation.

Wazzy

Banned
Not sure If I'm going to do boss rush. I probably will but I think I'm a little burnt out on RK so I'm trying to take things a bit slower and just do classics until I'm done them all.

Next VIII event will get me back more. xD

Also OT for a second but I went to the New World concert yesterday and it was amazing. They started with Fragment of Memories from VIII which obviously had me and my friends loudly cheering for and then they did quite a few gorgeous X pieces like Zanarkand(obviously) and Final Battle. Then they asked what everyone thought would be the last piece and of course many said VII but my group and a couple others screamed VIII and it was Force Your Way. :D They did One Winged Angel as an encore but because everyone was still cheering so they came back and did Force Your Way again after we were screaming they better do it. So happy they ended the concert with an VIII song <3

Some other songs they did were:
Battle Theme FF VII
Moogle Theme
Chocobo Theme
Redwings Theme

SougoXIII

Not sure If I'm going to do boss rush. I probably will but I think I'm a little burnt out on RK so I'm trying to take things a bit slower and just do classics until I'm done them all.

Also OT for a second but I went to the New World concert yesterday and it was amazing. They started with Fragment of Memories from VIII which obviously had me and my friends loudly cheering for and then they did quite a few gorgeous X pieces like Zanarkand(obviously) and Final Battle. Then they asked what everyone thought would be the last piece and of course many said VII but my group and a couple others screamed VIII and it was Force Your Way. :D They did One Winged Angel as an encore but because everyone was still cheering so they came back and did Force Your Way again after we were screaming they better do it. So happy they ended the concert with an VIII song <3

Battle Theme FF VII
Moogle Theme
Chocobo Theme
Redwings Theme

They know exactly how to pull us back in xD. I'm trying so hard to save mythril for the second soul break celebration b-but Quistis. A-and Selphie :(.

Also, nice to hear that you have a great time in the concert o/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wouldn't say you're out of luck. The halfway bosses (memory crystal stuff) should be doable at 50. There's two things really - the Elites scale all the way up to insanity, but if you remember the Rinoa event, T-Rex, while tough, was doable and nowhere near the hilarity that was the Edea stage. Second thing being there's a tangible power jump when you break your guys.

What are your hones at? Take a picture at the stage select screen and it should show the numbers.

Also, do you have Tidus? I'm -pretty- sure the 2*++ armor from his event outranks the XII shield. (This event, for whatever bizarre reason, only gave 2 copies of it for 2*+)

Best way to jumpstart characters are Growth Eggs, really. I have a stash that I use to get event characters up to 50, and then the Growth Eggs from the event sorta semi-replenish my stash, with the rest coming from XP daily.
My fire hones seem were leveled less than I remembered. lol
6rS3mMGl.jpg

Ack, I used the armor to upgrade one piece to upgrade it to 4*++. I was wondering why there was an extra one... I guess I was supposed to two at 3*+ instead? Whoops. lol

I only started a few events ago, and only seriously with the Kain event, so I don't really have much in terms of previous characters/gear unfortunately.

I also blew quite a few of my growth eggs on this party, but I guess the only way to get more is to just grind that Sunday XP event? The game keeps throwing characters at you at a pace where I don't know if it's possible to raise them all to 50/65 in a timely fashion. (I think I have over 10 characters at level 1, counting the ones they just give you for playing the story).

For bosses, yes you'll need Protect/shell/ breaks to survive. For trash mob, you need 1 generic 5 star armour or a 3++/2++ Realm synergy armour to take reasonable damage. Your weapon is fine (generic 5*) but since it doesn't have RS, you might want to buff yourself with boost and it should KO trash within 1-2 hit

You should put Tyro in the back row since he's a mage and his atk suck ass to be in the front row. The game, at this point, is more about abilities than gear - I saw some one beat FFVI's falcon elite with no mythril pull gear whatsoever, only honed abilities. The also give you a 3++ FFX sword for this event which should be better than the 5* one your using when taking in account RS.

Edit: Also abuse Friend Summon. Tyro's Sentiel Grimore is godlike for mitigation.
So should I not worry about offense at all on my mages and just give them cure and shell/protect?

And with realm synergy in play, using the common 3*++ armor from FFX is better than 4* armor from another game? Same with weapons?

I was using friend summon to try to get ones with fire abilities, but maybe trying for the Sentinel Grimoire might be a decent alternative.

---
Thanks guys!

Nohar

Anyhow know when we should be expecting the next four-weapon banners?

Not before a month or two I would say. Four-weapon banners should show up after 10 more events (however, that is assuming that we will get the SaGa (I think?) event and that no other event will be skipped), so roughly 2 months+ I think?

Red Mage

Not before a month or two I would say. Four-weapon banners should show up after 10 more events (however, that is assuming that we will get the SaGa (I think?) event and that no other event will be skipped), so roughly 2 months+ I think?

Yay, 100 Mythril for Edgar's pull!

Battle Theme FF VII
Moogle Theme
Chocobo Theme
Redwings Theme
Ah, that concert sounds amazing. Glad you enjoyed it so much Wazzy. :)

Quistis and Selphie are so close. My Mythril is ready.

Razmos

My body is so ready for Quistis and Selphie.

It's a shame the event is so boring though.
I'm gonna absolutely wreck it with my Blitz Sword, Valkyrie and Mesmerize Dagger.

SougoXIII

So should I not worry about offense at all on my mages and just give them cure and shell/protect?

And with realm synergy in play, using the common 3*++ armor from FFX is better than 4* armor from another game? Same with weapons?

I was using friend summon to try to get ones with fire abilities, but maybe trying for the Sentinel Grimoire might be a decent alternative.

---
Thanks guys!

Offensive wise, your mages will be much better than your physical fighter from here on out due to the enemies having ridiculously high def while the -ga/-ja spells have huge multiplier + weakness bonus. In fact, having 4 mages in your party is going to be the new meta soon (That's why most people are going gaga over rods relics.) Create a Protectga if you can and grab the white mage record materia II when possible and that should save you a huge amount of physical dmg (Shellga is not currently out yet but you can use Arc's normal SB for now). You only need 1 dedicated white mage if you have enough hone/mitigation. Since you are likely have a light rod/staff from dungeon reward, having one mage focus on nuking is not a bad thing.

With realm synergy, the consensus is that a 3++ gear will be better than a 5* gear from another game (or close to it). Realm Synergy is reallly strong. Lastly, for serious content, always, always choose defense over offense since there's no way in hell you're going to burn it down faster than it burn you down.

Finally got Josef's materia. One battle away from level 62 and the end of the stam. Now onto the garnet rm2. I do not really want her to jump from 64 to 65, so will stack her team with a a list crew to suck up some exp. will probably just run it for the day unless the new event starts in 5.75 hrs, I will be acquiring more power and black orbs tomorrow per usual I think.

The real regret is that I have Josef's relic and now he is quite well leveled, yet due to the shittyness of the relic and that I only have worthwhile fists in ii and vii, this guy is going back to the bench u til more II paintings are released, quite a while.

Falk

that puzzling face
My fire hones seem were leveled less than I remembered. lol

Yo, all I can say at this point is, you really need to work on your party hahahah

Black/Power Orb daily is tomorrow. Try to get some hones - having 2 on some of those abilities really, really hurts longevity.

You'll also want to start working on the Memory Crystals, but the ones from paintings can be a little hard without some proper ability loadouts, so that'd be your first step.

I've just come in to say how I despise the combining system. Like why does it let you combine non-max level items if they "have" to be max level for them to upgrade?

Early on in my playing I lost the crusader helm++ to that (ending up with a + but this event has got 4 of those so I now have two helms at ++) but only now I've gone and made the same bloody mistake on the fencing sabre (so have one + and one ++ rather than two ++). Thankfully I've got some 5* swords (not X relm) which are in the ballpark of that* so it doesn't matter too much but it is still really annoying that the game allows you to blow such things in combining equipment (especially as it will haunt me whenever I play an X realm). There is no reason why it can't just become a ++ one as I did what it wanted; combined + with a normal.

I almost feel like sending a support ticket but I take it that giving them suggestions not to punish players is not what they are interested in.

Edit: Actually it is more like 30 points of attack difference. Which is quite a bit. Shame.

That Isaaru fight is bullshit. I cannot use Yuna (LVL1) so I tried it twice with my top party.
Not to question your play style too much but why not use the growth eggs that came with the event? I assumed that was what they were there for. Although the pickings seem a bit poorer than previous events but what I'm getting at is there is no reason she is level 1.

Razmos

is it? aw man. i found the yuna one really dull. ah well, two new characters is great.
It is yeah. It's just the bosses from the classic dungeons we have already: Ifrit, Biggs and Wedge, Elvoret, X-ATM092 (spider bot) and BGH251F2 (tank thing)

The Boss Rush adds Seifer to it at the end for some reason.

And the EX battle is against Edea with a whopping 218k HP.

So yeah, none of the bosses are new are at all.
The rewards are pretty cool though, especially the 4* Hyper Wrist accessory (+20 Attack)

Rinoa roaming warrior is going to be incredibly useful here. (Add me folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom