• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

There is no way I can master the boss rush - I can't kill Bahamut before it used Mega Flare. That entire fight against the three summons is ass :( I lost six medals on that fight alone and I have next to no ability uses left AND two bosses still left :lol I'll use a mythril to ocmplete it and get Ixion and then I'm done

LevelNth

Banned
Yeah, I'm starting to burn out on this game...it's just such a hassle sometimes with the crappy UI. So many clicks just to switch a few equiment pieces around.
I told myself I'm going to take 7 days off from it because I was feeling the same way, and then decide if I want to play again.

Today is Day 7. I doubt I'll open it up again. I had fun while it lasted.

I told myself I'm going to take 7 days off from it because I was feeling the same way, and then decide if I want to play again.

Today is Day 7. I doubt I'll open it up again. I had fun while it lasted.

I log in every morning to collect the mythril, but the game isn't fun for me anymore. I think it's because I just recently started playing a real FF game and completely forgot how engaging non-mobile games are.

Falk

that puzzling face
Personally, I've gone from needing to spend every little bit of stamina and never letting the bar hit full, to simply just going with the flow. I think over the past two weeks I've wasted ~5 hours of stamina per day on average, 3 of those being sleep. Basically now I'm taking it easier and just playing in much longer bursts from a full bar.

I figure like, if I ever run into a brick wall and need to flash-farm a certain bunch of orb types to hone something or another, all events are around for longer than a week, so I'll be able to pump a couple of Mythril refreshes into the respective daily to catch up during the event period.

Except Black/Power day. Nothing touches Black/Power day. No sleeping more than 5 hours at a go, no stamina bar overflow.

Must. Get. More. Black. Orbs.

MicH

Alright, completed the boss rush. Couldn't master it, but I'm fine with it as I got Ixion anyway. I lost two medals at every boss fight except the stupid summon one where I lost six :( Ah well, I'm done with this event thankfully (not attempting EX+)

SougoXIII

Personally, I've gone from needing to spend every little bit of stamina and never letting the bar hit full, to simply just going with the flow. I think over the past two weeks I've wasted ~5 hours of stamina per day on average, 3 of those being sleep. Basically now I'm taking it easier and just playing in much longer bursts from a full bar.

I figure like, if I ever run into a brick wall and need to flash-farm a certain bunch of orb types to hone something or another, all events are around for longer than a week, so I'll be able to pump a couple of Mythril refreshes into the respective daily to catch up during the event period.

Except Black/Power day. Nothing touches Black/Power day. No sleeping more than 5 hours at a go, no stamina bar overflow.

Must. Get. More. Black. Orbs.

Is it bad that I used black orb day for dungeons instead? What are they use for?

Wazzy

Banned
They know exactly how to pull us back in xD. I'm trying so hard to save mythril for the second soul break celebration b-but Quistis. A-and Selphie :(.

Also, nice to hear that you have a great time in the concert o/
Right? It's what VIII does to us D:

Thanks! I'll always enjoy lot's of VIII love. :D
Ah, that concert sounds amazing. Glad you enjoyed it so much Wazzy. :)

Quistis and Selphie are so close. My Mythril is ready.

Thanks gorl! I filmed a small bit so me and Stephen will have to send it to you.

You betta get BOTH their weapons.

MicH

Is it bad that I used black orb day for dungeons instead? What are they use for?
You need a lot of lesser power orbs to hone Double Cut and Retaliate and most other physical abilities and spellblades

You need Black orbs for every black magic spell (Thundara, Thundaga, Blizzara, Blizzaga etc)

Unless you have everything honed to max definitely farm the black power daily every time it appears

SougoXIII

You need a lot of lesser power orbs to hone Double Cut and Retaliate and most other physical abilities and spellblades

You need Black orbs for every black magic spell

Unless you have everything honed to max definitely farm the black power daily every time it appears

God damn it. *sign* One less day for dungeons I guess

Vorpal

Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at. I used to panic and invest in stamina refreshes so I could finish events as soon as possible and get back to farming, but now I'm just cleaning up events a day or two before they expire. I have adequate equipment and abilities, plus a full roster at 50 (excepting Gladiator and Ricard), so most of the time I just swap in a 50-64 crew to grab some experience from unfinished paintings or dailies.

I definitely haven't encountered the level of frustration or burnout that some other people have. Can't say I blame them, but I'm still enjoying the game.

Today was a good day! I just mastered my last Elite, Storm Dragon. No S/L, never came close to die with a steady use of breakdowns and shellga. Earlier today I decided to go take my revenge against Steiner and the bomb (missed mastery on first try because the bomb would always self-destruct). I got to kill it before it self-destructed and I got Garnet RM2 when Steiner died!

Now to catch up on some dungeon quests. Tomorrow can't come soon enough, I have 5 Black Orbs left...

I feel burnt out from time to time because I'm behind on clearing things and honing abilities and stuff. Haven't really been able to play on weekends because I'm actually doing other things and need to keep my battery life.

Then when Monday comes around it gets a little hard to get back into it. Thought about finishing up the Yuna event but then I figured I don't care about a FF game that isn't even in the top 2 for PS2

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Offensive wise, your mages will be much better than your physical fighter from here on out due to the enemies having ridiculously high def while the -ga/-ja spells have huge multiplier + weakness bonus. In fact, having 4 mages in your party is going to be the new meta soon (That's why most people are going gaga over rods relics.) Create a Protectga if you can and grab the white mage record materia II when possible and that should save you a huge amount of physical dmg (Shellga is not currently out yet but you can use Arc's normal SB for now). You only need 1 dedicated white mage if you have enough hone/mitigation. Since you are likely have a light rod/staff from dungeon reward, having one mage focus on nuking is not a bad thing.

With realm synergy, the consensus is that a 3++ gear will be better than a 5* gear from another game (or close to it). Realm Synergy is reallly strong. Lastly, for serious content, always, always choose defense over offense since there's no way in hell you're going to burn it down faster than it burn you down.
So long term I need to start getting more black mages and more protect/debuff spells with one mega healer.
Too bad I've been neglecting white mage because I was hoping one of the named white mages from the games would roll around eventually.

Is there anything at all I can do short term with that party? Have Tyro just be a protect/heal character only?

Yo, all I can say at this point is, you really need to work on your party hahahah

Black/Power Orb daily is tomorrow. Try to get some hones - having 2 on some of those abilities really, really hurts longevity.

You'll also want to start working on the Memory Crystals, but the ones from paintings can be a little hard without some proper ability loadouts, so that'd be your first step.
Yeah, I guess I'll work on honing. lol
I just don't want to miss the crystal, but it looks like that's what is going to happen this time around because I don't know if I can survive the two bosses long enough to get it.

Does using a mythril replenish friend summon uses as well as your own ability uses? I would expect not, but if it does I might have a chance...

Red Mage

It does. I use that fact with Boss Rushes.

So, should I go ahead and make Blizzaja? The event that we get it from was apparently skipped.

Road

I'm looking forward to this event, dull as it may be. We really need another 4* black mage that can use RM. I'd rather they would put Rinoa's MC in advance with it (cause she's already level 50 =P), but I guess I'll just have to spend those growth eggs on Quistis.

Also, the latest dungeons give a lot of upgrade materials but I have nothing to upgrade. Just selling everything. =\ Anyway, time to spend some mythril trying to get some freaking 5* rod...

So long term I need to start getting more black mages and more protect/debuff spells with one mega healer.
Too bad I've been neglecting white mage because I was hoping one of the named white mages from the games would roll around eventually.

Is there anything at all I can do short term with that party? Have Tyro just be a protect/heal character only?

Yeah, I guess I'll work on honing. lol
I just don't want to miss the crystal, but it looks like that's what is going to happen this time around because I don't know if I can survive the two bosses long enough to get it.

Does using a mythril replenish friend summon uses as well as your own ability uses? I would expect not, but if it does I might have a chance...

It does replenish your friend summon.

Falk

that puzzling face

3* black orbs because 4mage meta

edit: Oh also, when I said "Whatever will be will be" w.r.t when I play the game, I still do make as much use of stamina shard slingshots when they crop up :V Almost 6 hours worth of free stamina just for some foresight/planning yes pls.

alcheim

The daily dungeon for Fire/Earth orbs is a scam.

I've been clearing the heroic difficulty since the dungeon came out, and I haven't gotten a single Greater Fire/Earth orb. Only regular ones.

Good lord, I upgraded to an iphone 6 today from a 4s, the performance difference in this game is immense. The roaming warrior menu scrolls smoothly...

Balphon

I just unlocked Tower of Owen (III). How many dungeons more do I have to unlock before I am done with current Classic content? I have 103 Stamina BTW.

30:

Underground Lake
Molten Cave
Castle Hein
Water Cave
Goldor's Mansion

Midgar Highway
Under Junon
Shinra Cargo Ship

Palumpolum I
Palumpolum II

Corel Prison
Gongaga
Cosmo Canyon

Cavern of Ice
Citadel of Trials
Sunken Temple
Flying Fortress

Deist Cave
Coliseum
Castle Fynn
Southern Island
Mysidia Cave
Leviathan

Nibelheim
Mt. Nibel
Wutai
Temple of Ancients

Falcon
Mt. Zozo
Cave on the Veldt

Razmos

All dem new followers, hmm.

Might take a break from the game today and start playing again tomorrow when the event starts. Not really doing anything right now because I'm burned out on elites, can't be bothered grinding the dailies, have all the Yuna event finished apart from the Seymour+ fight (which I can do later) ect ect.

Gonna burn all my mythril (and probably some gems) to try and get Selphie's Morningstar. I hope it goes better than my attempt at getting Balthier's weapon :(

Negator

So behind on the event. I've been busy at Evo and my whole weekend stamina was pretty much wasted. Haven't done any of the boss rushes.

I think this is the first time playing this game that I am behind

Wazzy

Banned
Yayyyyy gimme Selphie and Quistis!

The trio reunite

rinoa_selphie_quistis_wallpaper_3nbh.jpg

<3

Wazzy

Banned
How much Mythril do you have Wazzy lol

Currently only 90 but I'm not going to use any until Squall's third Gunblade is released. I might do one paid pull on tomorrows event since I obviously always love to support VIII but otherwise I won't be doing a bunch of pulls like the other ones.

30 core dungeons (Classics) --> meaning average 50 Stamina per dungeon --> meaning I can do 2 of them in one shot --> meaning I can do 2 in the morning, 2 after work and 2 in the late evening -> meaning it will take me 5 days to catch-up if I do not take part in any events/ dailies.

And that's Classic only --> no Elites.

Hmm... maybe I will throw a Stamina refresh in there just to speed things up, huh. I have 252 Mythril and nothing to do with it ATM.

I just realized I spent my last greater dark orbs honing Death to kill off Seymour's goons and now my previously symmetrical orb list isn't symmetrical anymore. :(
#ocd

Nohar

Realized just now that Sazh's chocobo is visible on his sprite (look at the top of his head):

Cuteness overload.

FFXIII's banner will offer 1 sword, 1 gun, 1 glove, 1 dagger, 1 rod as weapons (which is a rather good weapon selection), and 2 bracers (which is "meh" for me, but still fine). But knowing my luck, I'll probably pull 2 Keepsafe Knives~

As for Quistis and Selphie's Banner: 1 rod, 1 whip, 1 chakram, 1 sword, 2 (very good) Light Armors, and 1 heavy armor. I would advise reading OriginalMerit's banner analysis on Reddit.

As for me, I guess I'll still keep my Mythril. Sometimes I think I'll pull the FFXIII's banner, sometimes I think I'll wait for the 4 relic banners... I'll see. I want to pull Banner 38 (Tidus' second weapon, Lightning's weapon, Quistis and Selphie again, a FFXIII rod for the mage meta, a Bracer with Shellga (!)... That sounds like a very good banner to me, but that's assuming they won't change it).

Also, I'm sitting on 115 stamina and 4 shards... Did I miss something? I'm pretty sure I completed all the Elite paintings.

Also, I'm sitting on 115 stamina and 4 shards... Did I miss something? I'm pretty sure I completed all the Elite paintings.

That's the current max, so you're good!

Just remember not to dive straight into the next bunch of dungeons if the first one has a stamina shard as a reward, otherwise you'll be losing 50-65 stamina.

SougoXIII

Tyro is a great support character due to the fact he can use/equip everything. If you load him with mind+ gear, his heals should be decent enough to pull you through.

Edit: it's also not a bad idea to check up on what statuses the boss are weak to. Eg, slow, blind/paralyses are really broken if bosses are weak to them.

eastx

I'm mainly an f2p player and have only spent $10 on the game, for 100 coin pulls and some stamina refreshes. Only a couple of natural 5* and none of them with character SB. I've mastered all the elites and most events (except Locke and Tidus reissue, cause I was fed-up with the game at that point)

It's difficult but that difficulty can be mitigated with good character and ability setups. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sunday dailies will get your characters and important abilities like the breaks, double cuts, intimidate and retaliate honed up. You don't have to plan your life around the game; just plan ahead and with a decent amount of S/L and plenty of guides around, the game is very manageable without having to spend much or anything at all.

Thanks for the advice. I think my mistake up until the last couple of weeks has been not taking enough advantage of the daily dungeons. I would do them sometimes, but only on hard difficulty, which doesn't pay out enough 3-star orbs to keep abilities properly leveled.

Now that my roster is stronger and can survive Heroic difficulty, I've been spending a lot more time on dailies. And I'll take full advantage of today's daily as well.

I'm a sucker for the gatchas, even though the odds are especially unfair in this one compared to other games. I like to have at least one 5-star item from each game. Luck doesn't always favor that approach though.

Thanks for the advice. I think my mistake up until the last couple of weeks has been not taking enough advantage of the daily dungeons. I would do them sometimes, but only on hard difficulty, which doesn't pay out enough 3-star orbs to keep abilities properly leveled.

Now that my roster is stronger and can survive Heroic difficulty, I've been spending a lot more time on dailies. And I'll take full advantage of today's daily as well.

I'm a sucker for the gatchas, even though the odds are especially unfair in this one compared to other games. I like to have at least one 5-star item from each game. Luck doesn't always favor that approach though.

Tuesday is the important one. You don't even have to complete the entire Heroic dungeon; a good AoE RW will take care of the first two rounds and then you can go crazy with abilities to complete the last. If you have full stamina (115), that should net you an average of 15 power and 15 black orbs. That's 60 power and 60 black orbs if you just focus on the Daily dungeon that day. Goes a long way to honing abilities. Battles become a lot easier with lvl 4 breaks and spell blades and a lvl 5 retaliate will get you through tougher bosses like Jenova Birth.

Classic and Elite dungeons will never go away, so there's no rush to complete them. Focus on the important dailies to level up characters and hone abilities, and events which will net you a decent amount of elemental orbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom