• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh cool, actual FFXIV synergy.

Would have expected FFXI to go nuts first though, since it's probably a little hard to plan out the road map for FFXIV in FFRK when we don't really even know how long the story will be. Heh.

Although I guess they could treat Heavensward as its own thing, like X-2 - a sequel.

Nohar

Oh cool, actual FFXIV synergy.

Would have expected FFXI to go nuts first though, since it's probably a little hard to plan out the road map for FFXIV in FFRK when we don't really even know how long the story will be. Heh.

Although I guess they could treat Heavensward as its own thing, like X-2 - a sequel.

Yup, FFXIV won't be a problem. They have the entire 1.0 and 2.0 storyline (not to mention the first part of Heavensward), it is far enough for their needs.

Yesterday I finished MT. Zozo and Storm Dragon without Cyan dying. However, he had not broke his level cap, he was like level 40. Should I have given him eggs to 50 and break his cap for the RM2 to drop?

Now I need to redo this fight without Cyan(once I broke his level cap) dying to get the RM2? *Sigh*, at least I won't need to worry about Mastery and other people dying since I done it already. I wish it would unlock automatically once I break his cap since I did meet this requirement in the past.

Yesterday I finished MT. Zozo and Storm Dragon without Cyan dying. However, he had not broke his level cap, he was like level 40. Should I have given him eggs to 50 and break his cap for the RM2 to drop?

Now I need to redo this fight without Cyan(once I broke his level cap) dying to get the RM2? *Sigh*, at least I won't need to worry about Mastery and other people dying since I done it already. I wish it would unlock automatically once I break his cap since I did meet this requirement in the past.

Unfortunately the answer is probably yes. Afaik, the conditions to trigger RM2 only kicks in once the level cap has been broken. So there's no point in trying to meet the RM2 requirement if you haven't earned and applied their memory crystal.

Any tips for getting Josef's second record materia? I've been grinding out low stamina FFII dungeons like crazy with no luck. Does increasing the difficulty increase the odds?

It's completely random. Consensus is that difficulty does not affect the low drop rate. I got it in my first try but others have spent 1k+ stamina trying to farm it. You're better off clearing dungeons or events, or honing/leveling via dailies; unless you've already done all that.

It's a great RM though! May the RNG gods smile on you.

Any tips for getting Josef's second record materia? I've been grinding out low stamina FFII dungeons like crazy with no luck. Does increasing the difficulty increase the odds?

Goddamn. Not the answer is wanted to hear. Thanks for the heads up.

Right, literally days of stamina burned to get it. The utility of it, freeing up an ability slot, cannot be understated however and justify the pain, at least if you have finished the expiring events. I've heard tales of getting it with the first 100 stamina spent, perhaps you will be a lucky one.

Right, literally days of stamina burned to get it. The utility of it, freeing up an ability slot, cannot be understated however and justify the pain, at least if you have finished the expiring events. I've heard tales of getting it with the first 100 stamina spent, perhaps you will be a lucky one.

char_11493.jpg

So to be clear, you took him solo into the dungeon? Does he have to land the killing blow to earn the materia?

char_11493.jpg

So to be clear, you took him solo into the dungeon? Does he have to land the killing blow to earn the materia?

Solo with zealot, it goes pretty quickly. Make sure you have silver glasses on as he will get blinded otherwise, he will with that accessory, just rarely.

THe positive is that you will end up with a ton of lesser orbs including the useful lesser power orbs. Lots of orbs and useless equipment to sell.

He doesn't have to land the killing blow, just be in the party.

Solo with zealot, it goes pretty quickly. Make sure you have silver glasses on as he will get blinded otherwise, he will with that accessory, just rarely.

THe positive is that you will end up with a ton of lesser orbs including the useful lesser power orbs. Lots of orbs and useless equipment to sell.

He doesn't have to land the killing blow, just be in the party.

Thanks. Luckily it's a slow work day.

Unfortunately the answer is probably yes. Afaik, the conditions to trigger RM2 only kicks in once the level cap has been broken. So there's no point in trying to meet the RM2 requirement if you haven't earned and applied their memory crystal.

At least the requirement was also needed for Mastery and I wanted all elite mastered before the new update!

Taking a poll here regarding abilities, specifically 2-3 stars:
What level do you feel is adequate for the following abilities, at this point of the game and the near term:

Aga spells
The breaks
The busters
Ara spell swords
Drain strike
Intimidate
Double cut (what rank for how many copies)
Retaliate
Biora
Comet
Leg strike

For me, I think ill stop at r4 for all of the above except retaliate and double cut, r5 for each (perhaps two r5 double cuts). I think I'd rather save orbs for a second copy of r4 agas just in case than the expense for two more casts.

I'm not sure about the busters, I have them at r2 right now and have not found them to be terribly useful.

This is based on the assumption that it will be some time before we get the daily update that will produce more reliable greater orbs.

Xetherion

I've never needed more than r4 of any ability, including Retaliate. The only ability i have at r5 is Curaga, and that only because I already had it at r4 when we got the quest to hone it.

Certain busters can be left at low rank because they don't need to be reapplied (Venom buster) or at least not very often (Dark buster). Unless there's multiple bosses in one fight you want to land the status on, which could happen i suppose especially with boss rushes.

I have Intimidate at r3 and have never needed more than that. I have the breaks at r2/r3 and don't plan to hone them anymore now that we have Breakdowns.

I have 4 Double Cuts (already had 3 when we got the quest to create it), one at r4, two at r3, and one at r2. I very rarely use the 4th one. Hell, a lot of the time i don't have a slot to spare for the 3rd one. I don't plan to hone any of them past r4.

But all the 3* spells and spellblades are worth getting to r4 i'd say. Still working on this myself. With the 4 mage meta coming up i agree that a second copy is better than r5.

Pejo

I went from 50 to 61 soloing josef. Snow cavern 5 has 3 rounds 3 enemies each. Good luck try not to kill yourself.

Yeesh, that's pretty rough. I got Josef, Fran, Irvine, and Ranger all within 7 fights in the same party. Total of about 30-40 runs I think for those 4. I'm working on the FFIV bunch now, just got Kain's this morning. I really don't enjoy farming these "random chance to drop" materia, but I really enjoy ones like Kain's second materia. Wish they'd do more of those.

I've never needed more than r4 of any ability, including Retaliate. The only ability i have at r5 is Curaga, and that only because I already had it at r4 when we got the quest to hone it.

Certain busters can be left at low rank because they don't need to be reapplied (Venom buster) or at least not very often (Dark buster). Unless there's multiple bosses in one fight you want to land the status on, which could happen i suppose especially with boss rushes.

I have Intimidate date at r3 and have never needed more than that. I have the breaks at r2/r3 and don't plan to hone them anymore now that we have Breakdowns.

I have 4 Double Cuts (already had 3 when we got the quest to create it), one at r4, two at r3, and one at r2. I very rarely use the 4th one. Hell, a lot of the time i don't have a slot to spare for the 3rd one. I don't plan to hone any of them past r4.

But all the 3* spells and spellblades are worth getting to r4 i'd say. Still working on this myself. With the 4 mage meta coming up i agree that a second copy is better than r5.

Well, you are certainly running with less hones than I am right now, if that works for you great, I lack that confidence. I tend to use way more abilities than necessary and over prepare. For example, I am now considering honing the busters to r4 simply because the attack multiplier is 1.7. http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/ability-multiplier/ and if I'm carrying a buster at the expense of another ability, I may as well use it in lieu of the regular attack even after the target has been affected.

Xetherion

Well, you are certainly running with less hones than I am right now, if that works for you great, I lack that confidence. I tend to use way more abilities than necessary and over prepare. For example, I am now considering honing the busters to r4 simply because the attack multiplier is 1.7. http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/ability-multiplier/ and if I'm carrying a buster at the expense of another ability, I may as well use it in lieu of the regular attack even after the target has been affected.

Retaliate is pretty much required for most of the harder boss fights, so my supports are just hitting the Retaliator after applying busters anyway.

johnsmith

remember me
The trash is getting ridiculous on the higher difficulty elites. No way to get full points on actions taken without having to resort to retaliate or burning your abilities.

I wish this event was starting tomorrow instead of on Black/Power day. =(

I'm gonna end up doing the event when I know I should be farming...

Maybe I'll just use up one bar for the event and then tonight I'll get in a few runs in the Tuesday dungeon...

MicH

The BM RM2 (and WH RM2 if you run Diara) definitely also helps you recover abilities you had to use against trash mobs

The trash is getting ridiculous on the higher difficulty elites. No way to get full points on actions taken without having to resort to retaliate or burning your abilities.

Which is why the Mage meta is becoming more important. With the White Mage and Black mage's RM2s, you can fire off two strong black spells (-ja or Quake) to clear the trash and a Protega to minimize damage, only to have your abilities restored by 1 each at the beginning of the next round. The Summoner's RM2 is coming in the next dungeon update, and when that does you can start clearing trash more efficiently and still have max ability uses by the time you hit the boss.

Can't defeat Elite Seymour and Mortibody. Is it better to have Celes as RW instead of Yuna's Sending?

Yup! That or Carbuncle. Reflect will last for about 2 minutes while Runic will last for about 1. Since Elite Seymour has lots of hp, bring magic break/breakdown and use it on both Seymour and Mortibody to cut down on magic damage once Reflect or Runic run out.

johnsmith

remember me
Optimize is such hot garbage. Quit putting soldier's saber on everyone! I couldn't care less about a worthless soul break compared to a 5* with realm synergy. It's not worth giving up 80 attack power.

So I started playing this yesterday and I was wondering if there is a way to get characters that only showed up during events?
Some will show up in Bonus Quests, some will simply repeat in future events.

There's also an event down the line that will let you pick a few characters from any that you missed.

Road

LavJIvvJajkniIZddQE_yeKF2TUH6g4NaAEOgDnP1Pj9=w480-h400-no

So, hmm... yeah....

My mages will keep using Light Rod, I guess.

Edit: That was my first pull. Did 5 more pulls: Diamond Vest (VI) -- already have a fake 5* of those, so this will sit there waiting; Storm Staff (XII) -- it can join my Flame and Glacial Staff (if at least I had gotten three of the same); 2 Death Sickle (V) -- I had one so now I have a fake 5* axe, which will never be used; Knight's Armor (I) -- look at that FFI record synergy, should be useful for all the FFI content...

I can't remember--is there an optimal floor to farm in the Power/Black Orb daily?

Every floor is the same rate.

So who's with me on pulling on every available 100 gems banner so far (11) with no 5 stars? I know that I am currently just a little bit under the statistic but I begin to feel I will never pull one from those! Oh well, this time I didn't get a 3* I don't need, created a Red Jacket+. I have sooo many real and fake 5* from VI it's scary.

*cue twenty posts of people crying over their $1 relic pull*

Not crying here, at this point I am kinda more curious about how high I can get without one. ;)

MicH

100 gems pull yielded nothing usable (as always), BUT my 15 mythril 3-pull granted me TWO 5* Armor! Some IV Armor and the Minotaur Plate with the Shellga SB! Nice! Now I have Protectga and Shellga SBs

Did an 11-pull... got a Sleipner's Tail!

A Morning Star would have been nice, but YAY for my first character-specific 5*!!

RNGesus, are you starting to favour me now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom