• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aett

Did the 100 gem pull, an 11-pull, and a 3-pull. Got all 3* and two 5*, which were both SeeD uniforms, and I already had one. At least eventually it'll be a super-strong piece of armor. Oh, and three of my 3* were Crystal Helms so that's a 5* after a fashion...

Did an 11 pull and got a Sleipnirs Tail as well as a Diamond Sword from FF9. Happy with that pull as it fills in some of the gaps I had with Realm Synergy.

4 x 11 draw, no relic worth a jack

nope I quit, thanks Dena

see you guys around, have fun.

Well, at this point you are just setting yourself up for failure by hoarding mythril or paying for one giant series of pulls. Good luck to you, but you should have foreseen this eventuality back in the buster sword days, the poor relic draws and doom to those seeking specific items.

SougoXIII

Well, at this point you are just setting yourself up for failure by hoarding mythril or paying for one giant series of pulls. Good luck to you, but you should have foreseen this eventuality back in the buster sword days, the poor relic draws and doom to those seeking specific items.

Oh I always known the relics are the scummiest part of the game. The difference is before this, the other part of the game was fun enough for me to pull through but now, after months of doing the same thing over and over? Nope, the game have worn off it's welcome and I was hoping the pulls would give me a reason to go on. They didn't so I stopped.

Seeking a specific item or expecting a 5* from any 11-pull is just foolhardy. Be happy with what you get, especially since the pool of 3* and 4* items is small enough that you'll get repeats which can be leveled up into 5* and 6* relics... which work great in general, and better with RS!

In the early days, there was that ridiculous story of a guy in England who spent over $3k trying to get all available relics. He got everything except the Healing Grimoire and he kept spending and spending.

In the future, we'll get an update that Japan has that will raise the odds of getting a 5* based on previous non 5* pulls. You might get your dues then!

Falk

that puzzling face
Hey kids, how's everyone enjoying the Quistis/Selphie event? Me? I'm over here farming black orbs.

Also I finally broke my string of horrendous 11 pulls, by pulling 2 completely statistically pinpoint average pulls of 1 5* and 3 4* items! (I dunno if I should laugh or cry but I'll take it) Also RNGenie must have heard me bitching about no good FFX armor during Seymour++ because those included a 5* and 4* armor. Guess it rings true that bitching on GAF makes shit happen. ...And there's no FFX for a while lol

I clicked for 100 gems and its sold me 9500

what the fuck do i do? Will they refund me? I definetly did not press that.
I'd email DeNA support, and failing that, refund from Apple Store/goggles. Hey at least you informed them, right? Riiiiight?

I'm half convinced that DeNA account management is so trash (sending out promotional email via google doc while asking for game ID lol) that they wouldn't know who to penalize anyway. Obv. don't go testing this theory out without reason- I'm not responsible for shit that happens.

It was your subconscious wasn't it?

Seriously, you should be able to work something out with Google Play in last resort.

I got a refund which was quick, but the gems are still there. It sucks, I want to do the 100 gem draw but can't because they others are there.
Anyone have an idea how long it will take them to remove the gems?

I'd email DeNA support, and failing that, refund from Apple Store/goggles. Hey at least you informed them, right? Riiiiight?

I'm half convinced that DeNA account management is so trash (sending out promotional email via google doc while asking for game ID lol) that they wouldn't know who to penalize anyway. Obv. don't go testing this theory out without reason- I'm not responsible for shit that happens.

I sent DeNA support an email and they replied in a flash saying they don't deal with this inquiry type. Which was a bit off putting...

Google refunded me.

B.K.

I wish they could come up with some kind of new type of events. Having so many challenge events in a row is getting boring.

I got a refund which was quick, but the gems are still there. It sucks, I want to do the 100 gem draw but can't because they others are there.
Anyone have an idea how long it will take them to remove the gems?

I sent DeNA support an email and they replied in a flash saying they don't deal with this inquiry type. Which was a bit off putting...

Google refunded me.

I don't think that they will disappear...

forgrim

My past 3 11 rolls have been 2 4 star 9 3 stars, the same, then today it was 11 3 stars.

I don't even. 150 mythril for 4 4 stars and 29 3 stars.

eastx

My past 3 11 rolls have been 2 4 star 9 3 stars, the same, then today it was 11 3 stars.

I don't even. 150 mythril for 4 4 stars and 29 3 stars.

I did a paid pull on the new banner today and got 3 4-stars and 8 3-stars. Not happy. I really gotta stop paying for pulls.

So who's with me on pulling on every available 100 gems banner so far (11) with no 5 stars? I know that I am currently just a little bit under the statistic but I begin to feel I will never pull one from those! Oh well, this time I didn't get a 3* I don't need, created a Red Jacket+. I have sooo many real and fake 5* from VI it's scary.
I was with you until today. I pulled a Fujin's Chakram with my 100 Gems.

Feeling lucky, I immediately did a 50 pull
and got all 3/4 stars.
Tiger Claws (3), Diamond Mace (2), Flame Mail (4), Golden Armor (6), Aevis Killer (12), Poison Rod (6), Diamond Sword (12), Icebrand (4), Platinum Dagger (12), Metal Knuckle (7).

Not that anyone knows or cares, but I quit this game a long time ago, and it feels so good not to be a slave to the grind and to the shitty gatcha and to the RNG. I knew the game was bad while I was playing it, but it's only now that I can see from the outside just how derivative and manipulative it actually is.

Do yourselves a favour and just quit. Find a different game to play. You'll be glad you did.

johnsmith

remember me
Not that anyone knows or cares, but I quit this game a long time ago, and it feels so good not to be a slave to the grind and to the shitty gatcha and to the RNG. I knew the game was bad while I was playing it, but it's only now that I can see from the outside just how derivative and manipulative it actually is.

Do yourselves a favour and just quit. Find a different game to play. You'll be glad you did.

Naw, I'm good.

Narag

This takes so little time out of my day that I have plenty of time for other games as is.

Wazzy

Banned
Sorry about your draws Sougo. :( I understand that getting draws like that with nothing good(unless you got some 5* in which case that's not bad) can really turn you off. I've been fortunate to receive good pulls when I save up but I've also done some paid pulls which give me more of a chance to pull at least something good.

I hope you decide to stick around and just play the game at a slow pace. I'm getting a little burnt out but I'm trying to just take my time and not worry about finishing every elite like I used to.

I have no problems with someone criticizing this game because like any F2P, it has it's up's and down's but shit posting like this is just pathetic.

You seem very bitter and obsessed with this game to still be following it and make such a post. You don't like it, quit and move on. Many other posters have left without having to come back and continue with their complaining.

Pejo

Well, since this is a decent mage pull (and I love Quistis), I did a 11x pull. Got that light armor with the lightning SB (sweet!) and of all fucking things, another zantetsuken. I guess I might as well combine it for my first 5++. I will probably have enough mythril by the end of this event for 1 more. Might go ahead and do it, I'd really love that whip, not so much for a soul break, but just to make Quistis relevant as a blm in the upcoming mage meta.

Taz

11 pull

3 x 5 stars

4 x 4 stars

4 x 3 stars

Got the Frail, Jacket and the Sword best pull to date. Did take a screenshot but it was corrupted.

Vorpal

Running through the event with only Squall and Rinoa, and I'll add Quistis and Selphie along the way. It just feels right. I wish Zell was in FFRK--Squall/Quistis/Zell was my favorite FF8 party dangit!

This is a weird post. Not sure what kinds of reactions you were hoping for.

I'm tempted to do a 11-pull but I think I'll save my mythril for Lightning.

My free relic pull was a 3* Bastard Sword which surprised me and then my 100 gem pull was......a 3* Bastard Sword. >_>

Wazzy, did you do an 11 on this?

I thought the event notes said something about them changing the music on the realm selection screen? My music is the same as always?

Wazzy

Banned
I'm tempted to do a 11-pull but I think I'll save my mythril for Lightning.

My free relic pull was a 3* Bastard Sword which surprised me and then my 100 gem pull was......a 3* Bastard Sword. >_>

Wazzy, did you do an 11 on this?

I thought the event notes said something about them changing the music on the realm selection screen? My music is the same as always?
Not yet :( I'm only planning to do one 11 pull which will be paid but I'm deciding to wait until Friday when I get payed. I want to try and save all my mythril for Squalls third Gunblade which by the time it comes around I might have 300 or 400+ mythril.

Running through the event with only Squall and Rinoa, and I'll add Quistis and Selphie along the way. It just feels right. I wish Zell was in FFRK--Squall/Quistis/Zell was my favorite FF8 party dangit!

This is a weird post. Not sure what kinds of reactions you were hoping for.
Well Zell will join, just not in time for SeeD exam. :p

Wish we had Seifer for this too. xD the perfect party would be Zell, Squall and Seifer.

264 Mythril

Lacking a 5* Rod

New Banner

Doublechecked if Vivi can equip The Nunchuck

11* pull

2 5* Orbs appear

First one is some Heavy Armor for Wakka

Second one is...

...Selphie's Nunchuck!

THANK YOU RNGESUS

Nohar

When did the japan version of the game modified the gatcha so the percetage rate of getting a 5* goes higher for each pull which isn't a 5*? Because we really need that. Now.

Also the "Unequip all" button.

When did the japan version of the game modified the gatcha so the percetage rate of getting a 5* goes higher for each pull which isn't a 5*? Because we really need that. Now.

Also the "Unequip all" button.

Apparently around the time they raised the drop rate for 5* from 10% to 12.5%

Japan got it about 9 months in, so about 5 months away for us if they stick to the same schedule.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Quick question - how much data does the game use when playing?
I've been thinking about trying it out on the train home (~40 min commute), but I don't want to go over my 3 day 1 (2?) GB limit.

Not yet :( I'm only planning to do one 11 pull which will be paid but I'm deciding to wait until Friday when I get payed. I want to try and save all my mythril for Squalls third Gunblade which by the time it comes around I might have 300 or 400+ mythril.

Wazzy, you waiting for the following banners?

69.png

56.png

Quick question - how much data does the game use when playing?
I've been thinking about trying it out on the train home (~40 min commute), but I don't want to go over my 3 day 1 (2?) GB limit.

It doesn't seem to use that much. I used up about 90~ stamina on the way home and it has used up 22 MB. Last time I reset my usage stats was the end of last month and I have played it using my carrier network a couple times since then. Just try to enter each realm on WiFi so that the game can download any missing assets it needs and make sure you aren't almost out of space on your phone so it doesn't throw away the old data.

Nohar

Apparently around the time they raised the drop rate for 5* from 10% to 12.5%

Japan got it about 9 months in, so about 5 months away for us if they stick to the same schedule.

OK, thanks. Would that be before or after the 6 characters' relics banners? I'm seriously thinking about not doing any pull before that (which will certainly make some events very difficult if not outright impossible to beat... Oh well).

And since I was bored, little overview of Selphie (level 50 stats):

Selphie is the white mage of the FFVIII cast. As such, she has the following stats: 2948 HP, 63 ATT, 54 DEF, 94 MAG, 101 RES, 120 MIND, 118 SPD.
Her Mind is among the best, ranking second in front of Yuna and Vanille (116), on par with Aerith (120) and behind Lenna (123). However, her Defense is very low, though she is still less squishy than Aerith and Lenna thanks to her +300 HP compared to them (and that is not taking into consideration that she can break her level cap, making her all the more bulkier than them).

Her regular Soul Break is actually rather useful: Wall gives both Protect and Shell to one ally. It doesn't beat Protectga or Shellga, nor their Soul Break equivalents (Veil of Protection/Attunement), but a regular Soul Break which isn't a weak damaging one is always a blessing.
Her unique Soul Break, Trabia's Light, is fantastic, since it is a healing AoE equivalent to Cura(ga?), and it only costs 1 gauge! Though, of course, if you want to use it, you will need her unique weapon, the Morning Star, a rod granting a decent boost in Magic and a very good one in Mind.

Her Record Materia is Slots, which does the following: Attack has a slight chance to deal magic damage instead of physical damage.
I'm not even going to try to make it look arguably useful: that Record Materia is garbage, and as such can be unequipped and forgotten forever. If it was a guarantted chance of dealing damage magic, it might become handy against bosses with insanely high defense (Seifer, I'm looking at you), but since it isn't the case it is not worth using.

Her equipment options are the following: Dagger, Rod, Staff and Whip for weapons, Hat, Light Armor, Robe and Bracers for armors. The usual? Nope! Even if she can equip whips, those are already quite rare, and won't give you as much Mind as a classic staff. However, what makes her shine is the fact that she is the one of the only dedicated healer able to wear Light Armor (with Vanille)! That makes her much, much more durable than her counterparts (assuming you have a good Light Armor of course).

Finally, she can use 3* Black Magic, 5* White Magic, 3* Celerity. Black Magic isn't her forte, so leave that to Rinoa and other dedicated black mages (still useful for some status effects). Celerity may offer some nice skills, but overall you will want to stick with White Magic with her.

A quick PSA. The revive spell you get during the FFVIII event has a honing quest associated with it. The reward? 10 lesser power orbs :D

As for me, I probably won't start that event yet, got the last few parts of Yuna to do, I decided to skip to Highbridge because I had a Runic RW to pick (eat Seymours attacks; my plan is Runic vivi once runic wears out Carbuncle and when that wears out runic again...hopefully the fight will end without a second cast of Carbuncle, of course it would have made way more sense to do one of the previous dungeons to get enough things to hone Carbuncle), I'm really pleased I have r4 Firaga and r4 Fira blade, I've got just enough uses to finish the (mostly weak to fire) trash now. This strong trash is where ability honing really counts.

Also the Crusader blade+ I accidentally have isn't totally useless; it is slightly stronger than a Sun Blade (my strongest Sword) in FFX relms.
Still much weaker than it should be, stupid honing system that lets you fuck up

I might do a bit of lightning and wind farming as well or even *gasp* do a painting (I'm at Tower of Owen for an idea of how much I need to do there).

I did 13 Classic dungeons yesterday :D used only 1 Mythril for Stamina Refresh. Need to do 17 more and I will be done with all Classics... Elites I guess I have around 50 to finish.

That a nice end to the Seymour fight. Tidus got RM2.

Ability-wise I was getting a bit dry I had used the second Runic on Yuna to restore Carbuncle, was running low on cures, out of Black magic on Vivi (Runic here did a lot of work allowing me to spam boosted Firaja for over 7k damage) so was having to resort to retailiate. Remarkably despite power/magic breaking Mortibody 4 times its % health left never fell below that of Seymour (retaliate and auto attack target enemy with lower % health left and this can be a negative feedback cycle).

One really close call in Seymour managing to get a double Thundara in right before Carbuncle went up and cloud was left at critical HP. Kirin allowed him to regen and somehow I kept just above the damage Mortibody was doing. It seems when retaliate is up you will audo dodge Desperado but not counter it.

Maybe it would have been faster and much safer to use the second Runic on Vivi...

Falk

that puzzling face
I want to try and save all my mythril for Squalls third Gunblade which by the time it comes around I might have 300 or 400+ mythril.

I want to say "you know you're setting yourself up for disappointment, right?" then I remebered Murphy's Law somehow doesn't apply to you + FFVIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom