• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Do yourselves a favour and just quit. Find a different game to play. You'll be glad you did.

Discounting the JP service where I was playing more casually, I've platinumed 2 JRPGs and am working on a 5000-piece jigsaw since global FFRK started.

Problem?

forgrim

Whatdog.gif

I play monster strike which is another notoriously bad gacha, but in this case if my pulls keep being this bad, I'm eventually going to get gated.

150 mythril for 4 4 stars and the rest 3 stars is just absolutely atrocious tho. (I have spent about 10-15 bucks on this game on 100 gem pulls and haven't got a 5 star from that yet either)

Falk

that puzzling face
Considering the anecdotal amount of people quitting, both here and otherwise, maybe DeNA will do some % shenanigans sooner rather than later. :V

Due to being so far behind in terms of classics and elites I have plenty of fairly easy content to slowly grind my way though and I have gotten a few native 5 star stuff, though I can easily see how people who've been keeping up with this more then I have may be burning out on hard content being too hard.

From a design perspective these kind of mobage games must be a nightmare as you have to balance things for everyone from your biggest whales who've been around since day 1 to new players who may pick up the game in the future and also need to be able to eventually beat the super hard content you put out.

Razmos

Did 1 100 gem pull and 4 mythril pulls this morning. 2 out of 5 yielded some good stuff. Another 4* FFXIII fist for Snow, so I've combined that into a 5* now, yay.

Also got a Raijin Vest, which is pretty nifty and I'm sure will come in handy at some point.

Come on Morningstar though, god.

Considering the anecdotal amount of people quitting, both here and otherwise, maybe DeNA will do some % shenanigans sooner rather than later. :V
I hear Japan gets a boost for 5* if you've not drawn one. There is more discussion on it here (along with a likely extremely lucky pull or maybe you can game the system a bit...say doing 1 pulls and failing but risk reward as you risk pulling a 5* in trying to boost the base rates sets you back to sqaure one but who knows how it rigs the RNG...).

Ironically that makes me more reluctant to mythril spend on pulls if that is around the corner.

I've blown my mythril,and 100"gems for 7 pulls and got six threes and a 4* xii axe which will look great next to my 4+ xii sword and 4 xii hammer. I combined the three s that I could but probably should have just junked them, a 3+ vi magus robe is worthless when I have two regal gowns. Also the proud owner of two more 3* vii bangles. Now I have Rune, shinra beta, silver, two are 3+ and the other 3, not to mention a vii crystal bangle 4++ which is actually quite nice with synergy. Anyone have the complete vii bangle set? Wonder which others I have to look forward to in the rare pulls.

Ho hum.

Nohar

So, I decided to do the daily dungeon in order to get a few Thunder Orbs (honing Thundara Strike and Thundaga to R4 cost a lot, not to mention all the orbs which went into Intimidate).

I got 3. 45 Stamina, and I got 3 orbs.

But I did get 2 Greater Lightning Orbs and 1 Greater Wind Orb. So it balances out... I think? I always consider Greater Orbs as bonuses, not something actually useful since we still need a lot of them to hone the skills, and it is better to use 3* skills for now over the 4* ones if we can't hone them enough.

I'm probably not gonna do the Boss Rush and last event before a while: Quistis and Selphie are a pain to level-up, and I'm slowly but surely running out of Growth Eggs. Sunday dungeon will come in handy.

Falk

that puzzling face
vZ0iMLr.jpg

Irvine is all "M'ladies can have my hats"

johnsmith

remember me
So, I decided to do the daily dungeon in order to get a few Thunder Orbs (honing Thundara Strike and Thundaga to R4 cost a lot, not to mention all the orbs which went into Intimidate).

I got 3. 45 Stamina, and I got 3 orbs.

But I did get 2 Greater Lightning Orbs and 1 Greater Wind Orb. So it balances out... I think? I always consider Greater Orbs as bonuses, not something actually useful since we still need a lot of them to hone the skills, and it is better to use 3* skills for now over the 4* ones if we can't hone them enough.

I'm probably not gonna do the Boss Rush and last event before a while: Quistis and Selphie are a pain to level-up, and I'm slowly but surely running out of Growth Eggs. Sunday dungeon will come in handy.

3 greater orbs with 45 stamina is insanely good. The drop rates are terrible. I've wasted entire bars without a single greater orb many times.

Red Mage

My, you're late :p Everyone and their dog are aware of Sazh's relic and are hoarding their Mythril to be able to pull that banner.

I'm not. He's a Gun User and a FFXIII character. Enough people will grab his relic that I can use a Friend Summon for it.

I have plenty of VI gear, but I'm still gonna do 100 pull on Edgar's if I have to. Then I'll save for four character banners and Cid Highwind.

Xetherion

I've blown my mythril,and 100"gems for 7 pulls and got six threes and a 4* xii axe which will look great next to my 4+ xii sword and 4 xii hammer. I combined the three s that I could but probably should have just junked them, a 3+ vi magus robe is worthless when I have two regal gowns. Also the proud owner of two more 3* vii bangles. Now I have Rune, shinra beta, silver, two are 3+ and the other 3, not to mention a vii crystal bangle 4++ which is actually quite nice with synergy. Anyone have the complete vii bangle set? Wonder which others I have to look forward to in the rare pulls.

Ho hum.

Weird, our pulls were very similar it seems. I did the 100 gem and an 11 pull and also got 4* XII axe (twice actually, was my 100 gem pull and got another in the 11 pull), as well as another 4* XII sword which i had copy of before so it's now a 4*+. And 2 magus robes which i sold because i also have 2 regal gowns. And another 3* diamond bangle VII which i sold because i already have a 3*++ diamond bangle, 3*+ shinra beta, 3* silver bangle, and 2*++ mythril armlet (i'm really starting to hate these, game keeps giving me them on my free daily pull).

This was the first 11 pull i've done that did not give me at least one 5*. I can't really complain because my first few 11 pulls were really good (though if complaining on gaf really works maybe i should), but i am so sorry for the people that have had this happen multiple times in a row.

TheExodu5

Banned
Awesome luck, but what characters can use that blue star thing?

Out of the more useful characters: Wakka, Rinoa, and Tyro.

It has moderate ATK and moderate MAG. It's a bit of a jack-of-all trades weapon. My only other character SB weapon is official ball though, so I don't know how much use I'll get out of Fujin's Chakram.

I was in dire need of light armour though...very stoked about finally having 5* light armour.

Pejo

Welp, got greedy and burned my last 50 mythril on the FF8 banner, and got shit on a stick. Mostly 3* with some 4* scattered in. God it just feels so damn bad when you completely strike out, can totally understand people quitting because of this shit system. I am officially 100% saving for multi-banners from this point on, other than the 99c pulls from new banner runs. I've had to upgrade my inventory to hold all this shitty 3*++ gear I have, but I think I'm going to go through and cull a lot of stuff later. I don't know why I'm sitting on like 3*++ swords for FF6 for instance.

Crazy how a bad gatcha can be such a drain on your psyche. I feel guaranteeing 1 5* per 11x pull wouldn't be that terrible of a thing, c'mon DeNA, throw us a bone.

Razmos

Welp, got greedy and burned my last 50 mythril on the FF8 banner, and got shit on a stick. Mostly 3* with some 4* scattered in. God it just feels so damn bad when you completely strike out, can totally understand people quitting because of this shit system. I am officially 100% saving for multi-banners from this point on, other than the 99c pulls from new banner runs. I've had to upgrade my inventory to hold all this shitty 3*++ gear I have, but I think I'm going to go through and cull a lot of stuff later. I don't know why I'm sitting on like 3*++ swords for FF6 for instance.

Crazy how a bad gatcha can be such a drain on your psyche. I feel guaranteeing 1 5* per 11x pull wouldn't be that terrible of a thing, c'mon DeNA, throw us a bone.
After more than 40 pulls on the Balthier banner and already around 8-9 pulls on the Selphie banner without getting what I want, I'm feeling slightly burned out too.

Falk

that puzzling face
Being a knight in FFRK is suffering. You can only choose to carry your armor OR your shield.

Incidentally at time of posting I have 1 each of exactly 3*+ Flame Shield, Flame Armor, Ice Shield, and Ice Armor from FFIV i.e. I pulled exactly two of each from the gacha and combined them. And I'm mad* that I can't stack both armor and shield for mega resist. There should be some sort of Bingo I can win with awesome prizes.

*Not as mad as I am at FFIV for messing up resistance gear. HELLO, I'M A GUY DRESSED IN ALL RED ARMOR, AND THEY CALL ME THE RED KNIGHT, BURNING SCOURGE OF BARON. BUT YOU WOULDN'T GUESS IT, I ACTUALLY RESIST ICE AND AM WEAK TO FIRE LMAO.

Ashodin

Being a knight in FFRK is suffering. You can only choose to carry your armor OR your shield.

Incidentally at time of posting I have 1 each of exactly 3*+ Flame Shield, Flame Armor, Ice Shield, and Ice Armor from FFIV i.e. I pulled exactly two of each from the gacha and combined them. And I'm mad* that I can't stack both armor and shield for mega resist. There should be some sort of Bingo I can win with awesome prizes.

*Not as mad as I am at FFIV for messing up resistance gear. HELLO, I'M A GUY DRESSED IN ALL RED ARMOR, AND THEY CALL ME THE RED KNIGHT, BURNING SCOURGE OF BARON. BUT YOU WOULDN'T GUESS IT, I ACTUALLY RESIST ICE AND AM WEAK TO FIRE LMAO.

I wish there was a 2H Stance if you don't take a shield for Knights. DENA PLZ

Faithless

50 Mythril Pull...
SELPHIE NUNCHUCKS GET.
Man, I'm gonna have a full FF8 party with their personal weapons at this rate. Is that worth maining?

I did three 11 pulls and got three 5* but they're all armor. (2 Minotaur Plates and a Genji Armor.) I really want to do another one but I won't. I wanted Quistis' weapon so bad though. :/

I'll wait until the next SB Celebration banner when it comes up again. It would of been nice to get any sort of weapon though, still sorta lacking in that department.

For mages weapons with MAG I have Guard Stick, Binding Rod and natural 4* for XII, VI and III. For MND I have a Judgment Staff. For some reason I feel like I would be more comfortable with one last MAG 5* in case I want to use 3 casters but I feel like I should not pull on this banner for that third weapon because of what I currently have. Tellah's banner would probably be a better time to try for that 3rd MAG weapon... Conflicted!

MicH

I still don't have a single natural 5* rod. I have two fake 6 star rods which are great, but I wouldn't mind a good 5* rod. On the other hand I have do much natural 5* armor. Many with SBs too!

XJF

Anyone have the link to the page where the guy reviewed all the special weapons for all the upcoming events up to current JP place? Forgot if I found it on here or on the Reddit. Want to know if it's going to be worth it to save up for the Squall/Seifer banner everyone keeps ranting about

Reszo

Yay, I finally pulled my first two 5 stars back to back surprisingly and it was Yuna's magistral rod, glad I decided to add her to my team and then I pull Zantetsuken. I feel like I have more luck when I do mass pulls, I'm going to save up my mythril from now on and only do the 3 pulls for 15 mythril

Yay, I finally pulled my first two 5 stars back to back surprisingly and it was Yuna's magistral rod, glad I decided to add her to my team and then I pull Zantetsuken. I feel like I have more luck when I do mass pulls, I'm going to save up my mythril from now on and only do the 3 pulls for 15 mythril

Hmm didn't think about that before. I don't need 90% of the 4* crap I pull with a 11 pull so maybe it is better to do 15*3 pulls? 45 Mythril for 9 items vs 50 Mythril for 11 items. Math says it is stupid but hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom