• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope! As long as it's the same base item. Don't waste any upgrade materials bumping up the second item.

Thanks. A few more questions: Does Defend count as an action (when computing score at the end of a level)?

And what's the best way to farm VII gear?

Is there a VII ranged weapon i can give to Wakka? (Or an VII weapons at all for that matter, I haven't found one)

the only vii weapon I've seen is tifa's leather glove, obviously there are relic drops that you can land as well.

I just finally beat rufus without getting ko'd, took i think three tries, once a day before being strong enough. now I'm free to farm or tackle the elites. :b

has any one tried out the spell sword abilities? limited to 2 abilities per character and the stamina limit, I find myself not trying out different techniques at all as long as I'm getting through the battles.

garath

Hard XP dungeon is great. Team is in the low to mid 30s now. Tons of XP. Can't quite auto my way through it. Tifa gets smoked for around 1500 damage per hit. Rydia room rest of my team is fine though. Maybe by level 40 lol.

Came so close to mastering it too. Just need some good RNG and I'll have it.

Completing it gave me my 5th mythril so pulled again. 4* gravity rod. At least its not a 3*. Gonna use it on rydia. That magic :eek:

Zee-Row

Banned
How can this be called pay to win when you still can't win when you pay? I rolled for rare relics 4 times and got nothing but 3 star gear? That's straight up bull!

How can this be called pay to win when you still can't win when you pay? I rolled for rare relics 4 times and got nothing but 3 star gear? That's straight up bull!

Pay to win doesn't mean that if you pay an extremely small amount you'll breeze through everything. It means the more you pay, the bigger your advantage will be over people who don't.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Pay to win doesn't mean that if you pay an extremely small amount you'll breeze through everything. It means the more you pay, the bigger your advantage will be over people who don't.

Yes, so the moral of the story is that you should spend your entire paycheck trying to get Masamune. This is a good investment and will improve your quality of life dramatically. Basically, if you spend money and you're not happy with you get, you should take that as a sign that you haven't spent enough money.

Wow, 25k-30k xp for each hard xp dungeon section. Teams gonna be rocking after today.

A little tip I'm using: Fuck the completion bonus.

Retreat after every single battle for full up free heals and just keep repeating the first level if you're having trouble.

When you flee you lose the stamina. Am I missing something?

Don't flee the actual battle just after you complete the first wing you can go into camp and choose retreat to take you back to the world menu. Then you just go back into the same event and repeat.

It just saves you the fail on the second or third level if you can't keep the momentum going.

A little tip I'm using: Fuck the completion bonus.

Retreat after every single battle for full up free heals and just keep repeating the first level if you're having trouble.

It's what I've been doing too. Sometimes I can do the 2nd stage but after the first round I've used up most specials and health is low. Quitting means I can still partake in hard mode and get XP efficiently without worrying about wasting stamina.

SougoXIII

Are you just praying the enemy decides not to attack him? Because I've tried doing similar a couple of times and my guys always just get one shotted.

Not praying, I can just reset the battle (close app before the round end so you can restart with no cost) if something went wrong. Though I did put Kain in the back row and stuff him full of Def gear.

Funny enough, none of them even touch Kain once yet.

Not praying, I can just reset the battle (close app before the round end so you can restart with no cost) if something went wrong. Though I did put Kain in the back row and stuff him full of Def gear.

Funny enough, none of them even touch Kain once yet.

It's a good way of getting low entry characters up to spec quicker.

Ahh cool. That makes getting mastery bonuses much easier.

Random question: if you max out a 5* item can it be combined to make a 6* item or is that it?

Negator

Someone on reddit pointed out that if you are farming drops, you can turn on airplane mode to see what the boss drops more easily without the risk of hitting pause too late.

Genius.

Yaari

Someone on reddit pointed out that if you are farming drops, you can turn on airplane mode to see what the boss drops more easily without the risk of hitting pause too late.

Genius.
Wow. Interesting. I was a little late. This might help

so is it worth using black mage then? ive got tidus/and tifa to 10 aswell as BM at 9, warrior and waka are the only ones I havent touched but I just found myself auto attacking everthing till the bosses then his magic was abit crap.

Do have a black cowl and can make thundara though if that matters

Aw yeah, first time clear!

IkKSR58.jpg
6L3v1nT.jpg

I got really lucky and blinded Rufus in one try

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can't get the timing on the flee trick right. When am I supposed to be fleeing?

You get the crack and white flash
Then the sprite starts to wobble and fade
There's like a VERY short window after the sprite is disappeared but before the fanfare kicks in

When exactly am I aiming for?

SougoXIII

I can't get the timing on the flee trick right. When am I supposed to be fleeing?

There's like a VERY short window after the sprite is disappeared but before the fanfare kicks in

Just turn off the wifi on the boss' round. If you got the drop, you can restart the fight to get it.

ReBirFh

I wish there was some kind of bestiary to keep track of monsters defeated, weakness, loot drops and an equipment encyclopedia just to have an objective in between events.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just turn off the wifi on the boss' round. If you got the drop, you can restart the fight to get it.

So with this wifi trick, I beat the boss, I get the connection error. If I turn wifi back on I get the victory so it's no problem, but how do I choose not to take the victory? Quit app and relaunch?

And when do I turn off wifi? When I get to the actual boss, or when I get to round 1/4 for the boss?

SougoXIII

So with this wifi trick, I beat the boss, I get the connection error. If I turn wifi back on I get the victory so it's no problem, but how do I choose not to take the victory? Quit app and relaunch?

And when do I turn off wifi? When I get to the actual boss, or when I get to round 1/4 for the boss?

You turn off the wifi on the boss' round (the actual boss). The trick is that you can safely confirm whether a drop or not on that boss without any timing. If you do, you have to relaunch the app then beat the boss for real. If not, you can just flee whenever to reset the drop chance.

Ashodin

You gotta pause and unpause real fast right when they almost fully disappear.
Got Black Cowl on 3rd flee. Now I have to get 2 more.

I got my third one last night, so good.gif

Turn on airplane mode for the boss fight.
You cant win the fight now, but you can easily check if youre getting a drop as that process will still take place.
No drop. Flee. Take the hit on stamina.
Drop. Turn on Wifi and kick his ass in the rematch.

liezryou

It seems so, this is just an early chance.

Events may also repeat down the line, as they tend to do in these types of games.

From what some of the japenese players have said, it repeats after months. Regardless, it's entirely possible to start fresh right now and still be able to get sepiroth before the event ends.

Iirc you still have 5 days until the event is done. The last 3 bosses were surprisingly alot easier then people claimed they were, and all my party members were sub 25 except cloud. Someone on reddit also claimed they were able to do it within 3 days of a fresh start, but i'm sure that was like 24/7 stam monitoring.

Im approaching the last floors of Shrina Tower and I read that I should use blind on Rufus. I can't even find it in the abilities list... I'm sure I'm just overlooking it, but what type of ability is it? Or is it on a weapon or something else?

GAMERG0D

Im approaching the last floors of Shrina Tower and I read that I should use blind on Rufus. I can't even find it in the abilities list... I'm sure I'm just overlooking it, but what type of ability is it? Or is it on a weapon or something else?
Dark Attack, it's under physical and Tidus can use it. Dunno if your Keeper can. Its accuracy is kind of hit or miss so you might have to close and reopen the app a couple times to get it to hit Rufus.

Beelzebubs

It's a physical ability called Dark Attack. You can also use a Dark Bow for a chance at blinding. It's one of the relic drops though.

And yes, Keeper can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom