• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Since you are extremely lucky whenever FFVIII is concerned, be sure of one thing: when you will do your pulls, my pitchfork will be ready. And I also have torches ready, just in case. You will not escape my fury. I will hunt you, I will find you, I will end you. And your game. And your Linoa's action figures!
Let's hope I pull 3 of Squalls Gunblade then. ;)

Falk

that puzzling face
Pull 6. Then combine a 5++, a 5+ and leave the last as a 5.

Then rotate the gunblades for your RW every day to troll people.

I'm spending today clearing FFVIII elites to help ease the Growth Egg need for the new gals. I'll probably focus on elites today and tomorrow, probably pay for a refill on Saturday and try to end the day at 3/5 or 4/5 stamina shards. Sunday is EXP, EXP, EXP. I'll clear a cheap elite for a refill and maaaaaybe pay for one more depending on how I'm feeling.

Monday I will finish (or attempt to) the FFVIII event.

I'm pretty close to having 250 Mythril, I figure I'll wait until the next relic festival thing to splurge.

Falk

that puzzling face
Worst part about Josef/Garnet RM2s is they're really, REALLY useful, albeit situational.

Maybe Garnet not so much with WHM RM2, but it's useful for topping up with autobattle.

If I had to farm realm specific RM I'd choose to take some cores that also need RM2 along
(for at least double the disappointment)
...which begs the question, what am I doing getting Josef ahead of Ranger and *sigh* Bard level-wise?

Shame they all can't be cores/Vivi but if they were that might make the chances even worse.

I forgot to pull my free relic yesterday...
I pulled it for you. Some 2* FFIV armour (Bard's Tunic or Gaia Gear don't care which). Yep Common Draw alright...

It is really a drag. I'm on garnet now but not taking it nearly as seriously since it is really only for completion purposes. just keep it up, you'll get there. It really helps with retaliate.
I'd personally do that one during the next FFIX event. As the first room there is likely to be much better than how much stamina the FFIX dungeons. Worse drops though so in some respects it might still be better to proceed as you are.

MicH

Armor with Protectga and Shellga SBs are the best! They've literally saved my life countless times - and it's some really good armor stats-wise too! Really happy I pulled them

Razmos

The future of FFRK:
  • They are "working" on a way of having different versions of characters (example: Rydia/Adult Rydia, Yuna/Gunner Yuna ect) and they are hoping to release it in 2015.
  • They strongly hinted they are working on a Final Fantasy Tactics event/dungeon
  • More collaboration events with non-FF titles (they mentioned Secret of Mana)
  • A future story that focuses on Tyro
  • A major UI overhaul will be happening in August
  • Ability recycling and Orb Conversion are coming (they gave an example of 10 4* orbs being converted into 1 5* orb
Pics of the new UI:
2984e3413553304100b7c98110ca1bc0.png
bf9e735500d35db82d2cacd9e23d65ef.png
afa44c8687f7958cf6dfe21535db7ed6.png

good fucking lord i like that.

though it's not so much the UI but the jankiness of the programming that is the fault here. hopefully it's not all cosmetic and there's some backend tightening going on, plus that all important 'REMOVE ALL MY STUFF FROM THE GUYS NOT IN MY PARTY PLEASE' button.

I also took in Carbuncle x2 (if you only have x1, do it at the first fight when you can't break) and Death x1 to insta-kill one guard (x2 would've been gangster, but I wasn't ready to sacrifice that may G. Ice Orbs).

After Advance, Boost and Armor Break, I was hitting 6000-8000 a pop.

I ran out of Advance near the end, but it was close enough that regular damages sealed the deal.
Thanks for the idea of using Advance. I did that w/ this party and was able to get Mastery w/ only 1 star loss for Turns.
My Materia setup was: Double Hit on Tidus, Sky Pirate's Pride on Wakka, Self Sacrifice on Cloud, Devotion on Vivi (this was useless, as I didn't actually do any spell casting after the 2 Deaths) and Preemptive Strike on Yuna.

I started the fight activating Carbuncle and Kirin while killing the guards w/ Death x2. Then I set up my Reta+Boost+Advance trio as I finished off Seymour. I used Armor Break and burst down Anima as fast as I could and then put up a fresh Carbuncle for an easy win on Seymour by himself.

One improvement I really want is for the Party menu to have a "Back" button that takes you back to whatever screen you accessed it from (ie: a dungeon select). Also, it would be nice if it didn't change music unless you access from the main Realm menu.

Nohar

I'm happy we get a new UI... I just hope that the game won't run worse than it already does on my device. If it does improve performance, I hope we will get it quickly.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The future of FFRK:
  • They are "working" on a way of having different versions of characters (example: Rydia/Adult Rydia, Yuna/Gunner Yuna ect) and they are hoping to release it in 2015.
  • They strongly hinted they are working on a Final Fantasy Tactics event/dungeon
  • Ability recycling and Orb Conversion are coming (they gave an example of 10 4* orbs being converted into 1 5* orb

Tbh this is disappointing. The core gameplay is still exactly the same. I want some different game modes or something else more unique. Story/events/dailies all play out exactly the same. Sometimes I wonder why I still play this game. There's just not a lot to it and that doesn't seem to be changing ever.

That every event now is a challenge event that plays out the same way is getting pretty dull. Unlock characters at 5 and 10 and heir crystals at 4 and 6 elite or whatever and have two somewhat challenging rounds in elite 9-10, a boss rush that may or may not be challenging and now multiple bosses in the round, which isn't that different from what we've seen. I liked it mixed up with survival and collection events. But obviously we know what's coming for the next few months of this and it is just more of the same.

Falk

that puzzling face
Survival and Collection events were pretty awesome in hindsight.

Just not back to back.

(Same as Challenge events, heh)

Wazzy

Banned
The new UI looks great! I can't wait till we get it.

I have so many elties to complete ughhhhhhhhh. I'm finishing IX's and then I'll do XIII's. VII's I'll do until I beat Jenova and then I'll work on the rest after more events are complete.

Meneses

I'm interested in the ability / orb recycling part, but I wish the game didn't devolve into the "meta-flavor-of-the-month" that (almost) everyone ends up using to beat the challenges.

Thanks for the idea of using Advance. I did that w/ this party and was able to get Mastery w/ only 1 star loss for Turns.
You're welcome!

I've been an Advance advocate since early on, I started using it because it was an FFIII character but I quickly realized how jacked it was (it's almost cheating with retaliate, haha).

For anybody else using this method, I would suggest Magic Break/Breakdown for the middle monster, it hits HARD. Like 3000 hard. Power Breaks aren't needed at all. Otherwise, this setup is pretty solid.

Azusa

Tbh this is disappointing. The core gameplay is still exactly the same. I want some different game modes or something else more unique. Story/events/dailies all play out exactly the same. Sometimes I wonder why I still play this game. There's just not a lot to it and that doesn't seem to be changing ever.

Mobage's core gameplay never changes. I think you need to look for a different game if you want a drastic change in the gameplay.

- to beat the last Yuna stage... I cannot even get past the trash mobs. They have so much health and deal so much damage :( My idea is to use Protectga for the first Dungeon, Protectga for the second Dungeon and Quake for the 3rd Dungeon. Then cast Carbuncle and just pray because I will have ZERO healing spells (Protectga + Carbuncle for Tyro). Maybe I could get RW Healer, though? Or maybe Red 13 would be better... I will see. Half of the fun coming from this game is to try different strategies and beat the challenging stuff by yourself and not following cheats like VIT0, Retaliate etc.

Well that was... hard. No Mythril refill, no Continues.

zdjecie3wezzr.png

I didn't really have much choice because I am lacking stuff like BM RM1/2, WM RM1/2 etc. so I had to follow my own strategy to a tee.

Here is my team used in this fight:

zdjecie1geaui.png

Strategy that I have came up with and described above:

- use Protectga in the first Dungeon, then Auto Attack all waves (worked)
- use Protectga in the second Dungeon, then Auto Attack all waves (worked)
- (out of Protectga at this moment)
- use Quake in the third Dungeon - I had to only use it twice because the third wave was one single robot (worked very, very well)
- (I still did not heal ONCE)
- I entered the Seymour battle with 4x Firajas, 2x Quake, 1x Carbuncle, 0x Protectga, all the other abilities at max and 2x RW Healing Grimoire.

The battle was very tough. I had to S/L anytime he cast Protect on himself because I was just not able to damage him enough. Unprotected, Armor Breaked special attacks were doing 2000-2500 damage to him; normal attacks 1600. Mental Break + Focus gave me 7000 Quake damage (x2) and 9999 Firaja damage (x4). The rest was all done bit by bit (2000) by the rest of my team and sometimes his own reflected spells. Without the two RW heals I would never win this battle as I ran out of abilities when he lost about 110 000 HP then it was AUTO ATTACK hoping for a win... oh yeah, Carbuncle lasted only for like half of the fight :|

zdjecie2dkal3.png

One last thing: FUCK YOU DENA for forcing me to use a real-life CALCULATOR in order to calculate in real-time how many damage I did to him and do I have a chance to win it in the end! Where dem HP BARS AT?!?

I guess I can spend 3 of my Mythril on the Boss Rush refresh now because the bosses are easier there than in the Elite, right? Seymour has less health, correct? Ixion is worth one or two Mythril!

Narag

atk changes came at just the right time as i was stonewalled on the yuna boss rush. mostly blew through it today, might go back for mastery for that major growth egg

You're welcome!

I've been an Advance advocate since early on, I started using it because it was an FFIII character but I quickly realized how jacked it was (it's almost cheating with retaliate, haha).

For anybody else using this method, I would suggest Magic Break/Breakdown for the middle monster, it hits HARD. Like 3000 hard. Power Breaks aren't needed at all. Otherwise, this setup is pretty solid.
Anima kept using Pain. What kind of attack is that? Is it a magic attack that bypasses reflect?

I used Power Breakdown but that didn't seem to lower the damage. However, I also had Carbuncle up and would still get hit. I figured Power Breakdown + Reflect would make damage negligible, but that didn't seem to be the case.

The future of FFRK:
Pics of the new UI:
2984e3413553304100b7c98110ca1bc0.png
bf9e735500d35db82d2cacd9e23d65ef.png
afa44c8687f7958cf6dfe21535db7ed6.png
All of this sounds/looks amazing.

Anima kept using Pain. What kind of attack is that? Is it a magic attack that bypasses reflect?

I used Power Breakdown but that didn't seem to lower the damage. However, I also had Carbuncle up and would still get hit. I figured Power Breakdown + Reflect would make damage negligible, but that didn't seem to be the case.
Pain is magic damage, my non-Mastery win discovered that.

I had both Breaks and assumed it was physical too.

Lesson learned and applied to my Mastery round.

Razmos

Beat the EX++ Yuna event battle but didn't master it. Couldn't even nearly beat Anima before it used Oblivion. The rest of the battle was fine though.

Killed off both of the guardians with R2 Death, and used Carbuncle on Seymour at the end (he didn't even touch my party). Anima is the only real problem. I threw everything I had at her.
I even had to reset at one point because Pain went from doing ~1700 damage to doing 4000 damage on Wakka for some reason, killing him instantly.

I think i'll be able to master it at some point, maybe. But killing Anima is gonna be an issue.

The rewards aren't THAT good anyway, so i'm not that bothered.

Vorpal

Daaaaaamn, I'm liking the new look! I agree that some streamlining/lag reduction would seal the deal, though. Won't be any fun if the new UI runs even worse than this one.

I will be giving all of my mythril to Gunner Yuna and FFT. When I get nothing but 3* I will
blame myself or god

Not really.

image.php

Not really it doesn't look swank? Or not really it'll take a few extra months for the changes to hit global?

Boss Rush tonight doesn't sound easy... So many abilities I want to bring. Ice, Thunder and Bio are mandatory for medals. At least Magic and Power Break/Breakdown, Protectga and some cure. That's 7 abilities, you probably want 2 characters with thunder spells so 8. Slow is pretty useful on a few bosses, leaving you 1 extra ability. Blind is super useful for X-ATM092 but it might need to be replaced by a more damaging ability. Thinking about Rinoa RW to help on the 2 bosses weak to thunder. To maximize her, Mental Break/Breakdown would be great, taking the 10th ability slot.

Also, for this Boss Rush, they actually have more HP than their Elite versions...

12 medals can be lost out of 5 bosses.

Edit: I am scared to run a 500 000HP+ pool event without Retaliate...

The upcoming changes look great to me. And hell yes at FFT! I'll go all Wazzy and save up 1000 mythril just for that. Tactics is one of my all time favorite games and, actually, Secret of Mana was one of the first RPGs I ever played. I still have my SNES copy, box and all.

Now give us Chrono Trigger!

The new UI looks great! I can't wait till we get it.

I have so many elties to complete ughhhhhhhhh. I'm finishing IX's and then I'll do XIII's. VII's I'll do until I beat Jenova and then I'll work on the rest after more events are complete.

I finished the VII elite's today. I didn't think they were too bad but I have decent VII gear. I've just been going in sequential order with the realms, except that I skipped the newer VI dungeons for now. Everyone has me scared of Storm Dragon.

Balphon

Boss Rush tonight doesn't sound easy... So many abilities I want to bring. Ice, Thunder and Bio are mandatory for medals. At least Magic and Power Break/Breakdown, Protectga and some cure. That's 7 abilities, you probably want 2 characters with thunder spells so 8. Slow is pretty useful on a few bosses, leaving you 1 extra ability. Blind is super useful for X-ATM092 but it might need to be replaced by a more damaging ability. Thinking about Rinoa RW to help on the 2 bosses weak to thunder. To maximize her, Mental Break/Breakdown would be great, taking the 10th ability slot.

Also, for this Boss Rush, they actually have more HP than their Elite versions...

12 medals can be lost out of 5 bosses.

Edit: I am scared to run a 500 000HP+ pool event without Retaliate...

Could try killing Ifrit multiple times if you don't want to burn the mythril.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom