• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New UI looks awesome!
It reminds me of Legend of Mana's art style for some reason... Might be the colour palette and the slightly SD feel to it :)

Edit: Wow. 5 free Mythtril. Thank you DeNa!

xnmDxre.jpg

t42HznG.jpg

And... Done! Lost 3 medals and still mastered!

Went over a lot faster than I expected.
Sentinel's Grimoire + Alternating between Magic Break and Magic Breakdown keeps her damage low, and Mental Break means Quistis and Vivi hit very very hard. Casting Protega gives you temporary protection from Astral Punch and also makes her lose a turn when she decides to Dispel All.

Mastered the Boss Rush without S/L or Mythril, was easier than I thought. However, I ran out of abilities during Seifer and I had to finish him with single attacks. It was time for it to ends! Now for Edea! I plan to test the new ATK cap with Luneth RW!

forgrim

And... Done! Lost 3 medals and still mastered!

Went over a lot faster than I expected.
Sentinel's Grimoire + Magic Break + Magic Breakdown keeps her damage low, and Mental Break means Quistis and Vivi hit very very hard. Casting Protega gives you temporary protection from Astral Punch and also makes her lose a turn when she decides to Dispel All.

does magic break and magic breakdown stack? if they do, i plan on taking advance cloud for retaliate, so that i don't have to take sentinel's grimoire for mitigation.

SunGod

Completely destroyed Edea and didn't drop a medal.

Cloud + SOLDIER Strike (his Record Materia) + Advance (Luneth's relic SB) + Boost + Retaliate + Armor Breakdown (I honed but only had to use it twice)

Each attack was hitting for 8500 or so (5* Blitz Sword) she only got 3 or 4 turns in lol

Cloud: Double Cut, Retaliate and SOLDIER Strike
Quistis: Boost, Power Breakdown and Double Hit (Josef's 2nd RM)
Selphie: Haste (for Cloud, Quistis and then Irvine) and Curaga (didn't use)
Wakka: Magic Breakdown, Double Cut and Sky Pirate's Pride (Balthier's 2nd RM: Auto-Haste)
Irvine: Armor Breakdown and Double Cut

does magic break and magic breakdown stack?

They do not

does magic break and magic breakdown stack? if they do, i plan on taking advance cloud for retaliate, so that i don't have to take sentinel's grimoire for mitigation.

No. But I wanted to alternate between Magic Break and Breakdown to keep her MAG constantly low, since I didn't know if DeNa gave her break resistance this time round.

Advance + Boost + Retailiate seems really effective. I'm going to try that out next!

elty

Wonder what I should bring for EX

Squal: Magic break / ice strike
Cloud: retaliate / thunder strike
Vivi: Thunderja / thunderga
Healer: Proectga / Curaga
Tyro: mental break / power break

RW: Vivi for the bio

Completely destroyed Edea and didn't drop a medal.

Cloud + SOLDIER Strike (his Record Materia) + Advance (Luneth's relic SB) + Boost + Retaliate + Armor Breakdown (I honed but only had to use it twice)

Each attack was hitting for 8500 or so (5* Blitz Sword) she only got 3 or 4 turns in lol

Cloud: Double Cut, Retaliate and SOLDIER Strike
Quistis: Boost, Power Breakdown and Double Hit (Josef's 2nd RM)
Selphie: Haste (for Cloud, Quistis and then Irvine) and Curaga (didn't use)
Wakka: Magic Breakdown, Double Cut and Sky Pirate's Pride (Balthier's 2nd RM: Auto-Haste)
Irvine: Armor Breakdown and Double Cut

They do not

Did something similar, it's almost broken... It requires more work than VIT0 and you need to stay on your toes to not drop the max damage. I never tried VIT0 but I really wanted to try this setup since it's only game mechanics. I won't abuse it! haha

SunGod

Did something similar, it's almost broken... It requires more work than VIT0 and you need to stay on your toes to not drop the max damage. I never tried VIT0 but I really wanted to try this setup since it's only game mechanics. I won't abuse it! haha

Same, I considered vit0 a glitch so stayed away from it. This is fair game though!

Nice strat. I rolled with lunatic high as the rw as I didn't want to hit fabul until luneth appeared. Mastered with three medals lost, so very close call. My cloud has the betrayal sword, so I get some pretty powerful hits out if it combined with boost.

Road

Wow, I totally scrapped by the boss rush. I didn't count the medals but I'm sure if I had lost one more I would have failed mastery. Got Champion only on Ifrit and Spider, Expert on everything else. I had already convinced myself to use mythril on the Seifer fight after getting there with only 3 curaga that were never restored by ethers and s/l'ing four times, but then the RNGod smiled at me and I got a fight where he only did Fira once.

jWQf8AwVQzbNH2TnrSpkxBzyBGXZL875-xvnap8jCn9E=w484-h600-no

In hindsight, I guess I should have brought Sentinel Grimoire because damage was where I lost the most medals. Rinoa could have been replaced by Thundara Strike and another hone of Thundaga.

Wazzy

Banned
Working on Boss Rush right now and it's been pretty easy.
The upcoming changes look great to me. And hell yes at FFT! I'll go all Wazzy and save up 1000 mythril just for that. Tactics is one of my all time favorite games and, actually, Secret of Mana was one of the first RPGs I ever played. I still have my SNES copy, box and all.

Now give us Chrono Trigger!

I finished the VII elite's today. I didn't think they were too bad but I have decent VII gear. I've just been going in sequential order with the realms, except that I skipped the newer VI dungeons for now. Everyone has me scared of Storm Dragon.
Nice! I'm also avoiding Storm Dragon lol I want to beat other elites so I can catch up rather than attempt one I might waste stamina on.

WELP, went in EX with this. RIP my 20 stamina. (Spot the error rofl)
I see you plan to beat Ifrit with fire. :]

Spent the whole day trying to get the Double Hit Record Materia and it finally dropped. It was easier for me than the second one for Tidus. That one took 3 days. Now I guess I can focus on the boss rush.

Road

Has anyone not increased their ability space yet? I'm itching to go past 100 -- I already had to sell a bunch.

Working on Boss Rush right now and it's been pretty easy.
I wonder why...

The lack of 5* record synergy wasn't much of a problem on the previous FFVIII boss rush, but I think it was my biggest handicap on this one.

Nice! I'm also avoiding Storm Dragon lol I want to beat other elites so I can catch up rather than attempt one I might waste stamina on.

Storm Dragon is relatively easy. You can hit him with 9999 due to his lightning weakness, but he'll also hit you back hard. Magic Break/down + Shellga + Sentinel Grimoire should solve that problem, though.

He'll wait for you. Always waiting, cheap AoE attacks at the ready at the end of a hellish slog of a dungeon.

You can do it though Wazzy! Just rip that bandage off. (Watch you waltz into that dungeon and destroy him after I built it up so much. XD)

Storm Dragon is relatively easy. You can hit him with 9999 due to his lightning weakness, but he'll also hit you back hard. Magic Break/down + Shellga + Sentinel Grimoire should solve that problem, though.
Shellga isn't that easily available yet though. Mitigating his damage without it is a real pain, and he's got way too much HP.

Falk

that puzzling face
Has anyone not increased their ability space yet? I'm itching to go past 100 -- I already had to sell a bunch.

125 ability slots here.

Figured one shitty 3* pull of disappointment is worth holding 25 more abilities worth of orbs for when disassembly and orb combining hit.

Wazzy

Banned
He'll wait for you. Always waiting, cheap AoE attacks at the ready at the end of a hellish slog of a dungeon.

You can do it though Wazzy! Just rip that bandage off. (Watch you waltz into that dungeon and destroy him after I built it up so much. XD)

Shellga isn't that easily available yet though. Mitigating his damage without it is a real pain, and he's got way too much HP.
Thanks gorl! I hope I can beat him. xD thankfully I have Minotaur plate so shellga is available!

I wonder why...

The lack of 5* record synergy wasn't much of a problem on the previous FFVIII boss rush, but I think it was my biggest handicap on this one.

Man as I read your first post I look back and I see Selphie gets killed right before I finish the Red Guard off :lol

That's what I get for not paying enough attention. I wonder with the medals lost if I can still master through Seifer. I got all medals up until the second to last fight where I only got expert.

Worst comes to worst I'll pop a mythril and master the fight easily.

Boss Rush and Edea++ mastered.

Now I'm really caught up. I can grind the dailies for the first time in a long while. (Though the new dungeons should drop any day now.)

Thanks gorl! I hope I can beat him. xD thankfully I have Minotaur plate so shellga is available!

Man as I read your first post I look back and I see Selphie gets killed right before I finish the Red Guard off :lol .
Dat FFVIII gear stockpile. Though neither of us got what we were actually going for. ;_;

Oh well, more chances will come. 👍🏼

1 Mythril refresh for Ixion and 2 Greater Summon Orbs (1 reward, 1 from Seymour) is a pretty good price, no?

Pretty content with where I am in the game.

Will not try EX++ only because of lack of time.

Falk

that puzzling face
Straight-up man-moded Edea.

6x Magic Breakdown and Armor Breakdown said 'hi'.

Jokes about healing SB aside, I probably -could- have run 5 dps and healed only with 2x Selphie SB lol. Edea hits like a wimp with Magic Breakdown up 100% of the time.

We're going to be having a much easier time in JP in the next month or so stretch just from:
- strats (obviously)
- Attack soft cap change
- More orbs per event. Those 4* hones really begin to shine. Firaja from a lv51 Quistis was hitting Edea for 8k, and I have 6 casts. And of course, 6 casts of Magic and Armor Breakdown.

(Dem Break resist bosses are going to be a little more ass though)

Sigh....the boss before Seifer screwed me. I didn't have power break and couldn't keep up with damage control. I beat it then Seifer destroyed me because I didn't have any curaga's left. I should have redone Ifrit to top up but I didn't think about it until later.

80 stamina down the drain. >_>

Gonna wait till the new girls are on 50 before attempting Boss Rush. So Monday after XP Day. Will hopefully help a little. Will just waste the day in junk 3* ice/elemental orbs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3eibbb/superboost_advance_retaliate_is_the_new_vit0/ said:
A Note on Buff Stacking

Boost and Advance were affected by the same poor buff-stacking code that allowed Vit0. Thus, it mattered somewhat which order you applied them in, and going Boost->Advance->Boost would push your numbers higher than just Boost->Advance or Advance->Boost. This behavior has been patched alongisde Vit0. It no longer matters what order you cast buffs in. You cannot gain any extra power from refreshing buffs. Boost->Advance->Boost is the same as just Boost->Advance
All those wasted actions on the FFX EX++ yesterday. I only needed one boost, not two for setup. But really the softcap raising saving entire rounds of combat means I came off ahead.

Also this is going to make Advance friends harder to keep as suddenly the ability is hot stuff again. My understanding is when a follower list reaches 100 that person can still appear in the random 3 RW. What happens if a person who got them at random follows is the non mutual friends are ordered somehow (maybe by time last used) and one (maybe the oldest) is evicted. Some Advance users are reporting getting 40+ follows despite being at 100/100.

I went through my following list this morning and hopefully 4 Advance users won't vanish on me...it does seem the Runic users I was following have gone. I had a chance to follow one yesterday and was like "nah, I got enough :( "

Razmos

Trying to level up Quistis and Selphie to use them in the boss rush, they are both level 44 at the moment. This is so damn slow.

Nohar

Trying to level up Quistis and Selphie at the moment to use them in the boss rush, they are both level 44 at the moment. This is so damn slow.

Just wait for Sunday's Dungeon like me. The event isn't going anywhere, and that's definitly the most stamina efficient method to level-up characters at the moment.

Nohar

How do you think I got them to level 44 :p

I guess, but I really hate the EXP daily. It's just too hard to really make the most out of it :(

It isn't that hard - tedious, sure, but not that hard. Bring Comet, a good RW (like Sephiroth with OWA), the most powerful non-elemental abilities (such as Valefor), and it is fine as long as your characters are at least level 40 (under that level, the risk of being one-shot is too high - and even then those ghastly fellows can definitly troll us). S/L shouldn't happend too often.
Not really fun to farm that dungeon, but we got nothing better, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom