• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess, but I really hate the EXP daily. It's just too hard to really make the most out of it :(
Useful resource

In some respects it is easier than other dailies as the enemies are less durable than other Heroic barring problems for mages.

Going by the resource, 234 ATK is enough to two shot everything (Cloud can reach this at level 50 provided you have an ATK up accessory and that FoG sword, soldier strike I guess helps too). Just retaliate strategy it. If you're using boost 206ATK beomes the one shot threshold (and 175 two shot)

I have a level 65 Cloud (partly from this and being in every party) so I'm going to try and use Cyan (not for long he is level 47 and I'm far away from his MC) or Sephiroph with a Danjuro to stop throwing around 30k EXP down the toilet per completion.

If you're going to bother to do full runs as three growth eggs (30k EXP for anyone you like...including that stupid core summoner) is a completion reward (shame the other dailies only give gold as completion rewards). If you are not doing full runs of heroic then do full runs of hard instead (as it also has eggs as completion rewards). The eggs tend not to be included in EXP/stamina formula.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think I made out like a bandit not using any Growth Eggs during FoG and instead grinding all new characters with FoG itself.

I have such a huge surplus of eggs that any new character I get is an instant 50 + their memory crystal.

And then Sunday rolls around, I chuck them in there to level them even further, while the eggs from that + the event itself refresh my stockpile.

I think I made out like a bandit not using any Growth Eggs during FoG and instead grinding all new characters with FoG itself.

I have such a huge surplus of eggs that any new character I get is an instant 50 + their memory crystal.

And then Sunday rolls around, I chuck them in there to level them even further, while the eggs from that + the event itself refresh my stockpile.

This is me, I boosted selfie and quinoa to 50 immediately I and still have 5 major and 23 greater eggs left over after running the event, over 500k in exp the other eggs as well. If these dungeons don't drop tonight, I hope they will, then I will be running the exp dungeon for the first time in ages, I only ran the version two to get the mythril.

What new characters will be coming up soon?
Lightning is still about a month away (right?), but any other biggies before then?
I can't do the boss rush as Selphie stick is too low and I don't want to waste eggs on a character I will never use just for the boss rush when xp Sunday is tomorrow.

Red Mage

What new characters will be coming up soon?
Lightning is still about a month away (right?), but any other biggies before then?
I can't do the boss rush as Selphie stick is too low and I don't want to waste eggs on a character I will never use just for the boss rush when xp Sunday is tomorrow.

Edgar is next! ^___^

I just finished up all of the Paintings except Elite Temple of the Ancients (VII) and Mt. Zozo (VI). The Red Dragon + Demons Gate in the Temple seem like a pain and I'm dreading the Storm Dragon atop Mt. Zozo. How scared should I be before going into these?

Sidenote: It feels weird that these + the 8 boss rush are all I have left to be 100% caught up. I've always been behind since I started (during Tifa's event).

Red Mage

I just finished up all of the Paintings except Elite Temple of the Ancients (VII) and Mt. Zozo (VI). The Red Dragon + Demons Gate in the Temple seem like a pain and I'm dreading the Storm Dragon atop Mt. Zozo. How scared should I be before going into these?

Sidenote: It feels weird that these + the 8 boss rush are all I have left to be 100% caught up. I've always been behind since I started (during Tifa's event).

Weren't that hard for me. Mobs are worse.

Balphon

How do you think I got them to level 44 :p

I guess, but I really hate the EXP daily. It's just too hard to really make the most out of it :(

Half the enemies are weak to ice. It doesn't take much magic to kill them in one shot. The only thing that may give you pause are the guys that absorb everything, but you really don't need that strong a character to one-hit them with drain strike or comet. And the most dangerous attack is Sap (long range physical, what a surprise) from Crew Dust, which is weak to both ice and water.

Animekatt

Any GAF member with Lenneth and Tyrfing? I would like to use the Super Boost Meta.

I saw that you followed me from the reddit thread. I'm Katt on RK. :)

I'm only following 34 people, I was hearing on reddit that if I take in another person's code, they can still be on my list even though I have 100 followers?

Buh. I took Thundara into the robot gauntlet instead of Thundaga. Looks like I'll manage though, Thundaja and Thundara Strike are no joke.

I'm only following 34 people, I was hearing on reddit that if I take in another person's code, they can still be on my list even though I have 100 followers?
I lost the few Luneths I was following for weeks thanks to this hysteria, would you mind following so I have at least one locked?

Code: 93bs, I have Kain's Lancet, but I promise I'll have something awesome when the next Soul Break Celebration comes (sitting on almost 250 Mythril now, haha).

Animekatt

Buh. I took Thundara into the robot gauntlet instead of Thundaga. Looks like I'll manage though, Thundaja and Thundara Strike are no joke.

I lost the few Luneths I was following for weeks thanks to this hysteria, would you mind following so I have at least one locked?

Code: 93bs, I have Kain's Lancet, but I promise I'll have something awesome when the next Soul Break Celebration comes (sitting on almost 250 Mythril now, haha).

Wowwww 250 mythril... My highest was at 110, but blew them trying to get Tidus' sword... Still don't have it lol. I'm back up to 65 now as I wait for the Lightning event. Added as well. ^^

lordcyno

Any GAF member with Lenneth and Tyrfing? I would like to use the Super Boost Meta.

I've got one, QqLs

I added you

Wowwww 250 mythril... My highest was at 110, but blew them trying to get Tidus' sword... Still don't have it lol. I'm back up to 65 now as I wait for the Lightning event. Added as well. ^^
Yeah, I've been playing since Saturday of launch week, have done four Eleven Pulls, spent maybe three on early Boss Rush revives and now I'm just waiting.

Argh, I try to follow you back and it says I can't. Bummer. I wonder what the trick is/was?

I added you
Bless you. <3

Can you solo them for faster result?
Yeah, but that's only recommended if you need to hyper focus on individual characters.

It's generally smarter to take a team for the harder stages.

Nohar

Hehe ;-) As you guessed my nickname is HolyRedMage* there.
* What? We got one
Holy Dragoon
in FFIV:The After Years :eek:

I've got one, QqLs

Added you! Thank you very much. My friend code is 9j1v (Tyro with Sentinelle Grimoire).

Farmed the daily dungeon today for some orbs. Got 1 Greater Orb of each, so I'm rather happy. Honing the Breakdown skills is going to cost a lost of orbs...

Animekatt

Yeah, I've been playing since Saturday of launch week, have done four Eleven Pulls, spent maybe three on early Boss Rush revives and now I'm just waiting.

Argh, I try to follow you back and it says I can't. Bummer. I wonder what the trick is/was?

I just saw this on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...discussion_again_about_rw_some_clarification/

Hehe ;-) As you guessed my nickname is HolyRedMage* there.
* What? We got one
Holy Dragoon
in FFIV:The After Years :eek:

Aaaactually I saw your comment on RK saying "From NeoGaf". XD

TheContact

I got the sword that changes paladin Cecil limit break and now my followers are out of control. The limit break is awesome too does over 10kdmg

The last stage of the four robot fight dropped a Greater Summon Orb for me.

I killed it in two rounds with whatever the main girl from VIII's triple lightning attack. Hah.

Here are some characters for upcoming events that will be repeats, if you have them already, start taking them to Sunday service so you don't have to egg panic them later.

Tifa.
Lightning.
Aerith.
Riona and Irvine.
Aerith (again? enough with VII already).

Here are some characters for upcoming events that will be repeats, if you have them already, start taking them to Sunday service so you don't have to egg panic them later.

Tifa.
Lightning.
Aerith.
Riona and Irvine.
Aerith (again? enough with VII already).

We don't have Lightning yet

Although it appears we will get Kimahri and Steiner in the next two dungeon updates before they appear in Eiko and Auron's events. Both of which look like they'll be required for their respective EX+ mastery requirements.

Red Mage

We don't have Lightning yet

Although it appears we will get Kimahri and Steiner in the next two dungeon updates before they appear in Eiko and Auron's events. Both of which look like they'll be required for their respective EX+ mastery requirements.

What's Kimahri's specialty, being a poor man's Kain? xD

Bored and tired of shitty drop rate in dailies for 4* Orbs, I gave eggs to Josef to level him from 35 to 50 (I know it's exp day tomorrow but I have plenty of eggs and other characters to level up) to go farm his RM2 and Greater Lightning Orbs in Deist Cave Elite. I prepare and build up a fun party for that and go in the dungeon.

Just before facing the Chimeras, Double Hit drops then Greater Lightning Orb on the boss... 52 Stamina for Josef RM2 and a G. Lightning Orb... I also got Healer Materia for Garnet at the end of my first try at it doing M.S. Prima Vista Elite. That was 68 Stamina for Garnet RM2 and I also got a Greater Power Orb... I think that I got Bard RM2 after 40 Stamina. I guess my luck all goes to RM2 instead of relic pulls! Now I am bored again... Time to finish leveling Ranger and see if my streak continues!

Weren't that hard for me. Mobs are worse.
You were right. I'll post my teams later (internet is being annoying for uploading pics atm), but I was able to get through both with little S/L or issues. I took 3 medal losses on the final fights for both (1 Turns, 2 Damage), but I still mastered both dungeons.

I was a bit scared when I ran out of abilities at the end of the Demons Wall fight and thought I'd have to waste a mythril (I didn't). Similarly, I facepalmed when Angelo lit up in the Storm Dragon fight and I realized that I had brought Rinoa w/ a FF6 RS Rod vs her Valkyrie / lightning burst SB. Alas, I powered through both scenarios and got my final 2 painting masteries!
... until tomorrow's update. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom