• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

The Edgar and Sabin event gives Dark Buster, Slowga and Kirin. So if you don't have any of those abilities yet, save your orbs and don't bother crafting them.

Also, if you weren't lucky enough to get Selphie's Morning Star, keep hold of your Flail (VIII, 3*) from this event, because Rinoa's event gives another 2 of them.

The Edgar and Sabin event gives Dark Buster, Slowga and Kirin. So if you don't have any of those abilities yet, save your orbs and don't bother crafting them.

Also, if you weren't lucky enough to get Selphie's Morning Star, keep hold of your Flail (VIII, 3*) from this event, because Rinoa's event gives another 2 of them.

this is music to my ears. this, plus a chance for me to finally get tifa, looks like it'll be the summer of scott!

Razmos

Speaking of Tifa, her event comes along with what sounds like one of the most OP abilities ever, that actually makes Monk characters useful.

It's called Pressure Point or something like that, a 4* Monk ability with 2 charges that does damage to the enemy and has a 50% chance to cause instant death.

Speaking of Tifa, her event comes along with what sounds like one of the most OP abilities ever, that actually makes Monk characters useful.

It's called Pressure Point or something like that, a 4* Monk ability with 2 charges that does damage to the enemy and has a 50% chance to cause instant death.

see everyone, she's not useless!

now they just need to work on quistis.

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't see how that's more OP than Death or Break tbqh. Of course, if you hone it high enough you can use it as a DPS ability in fights like Seymour (S/L till you OHKO both Guados, then the rest are DPS charges) but you also might as well hone a bunch of other 4* abilities instead.

Nohar

If anyone wants Lunatic High in their friends list, I have it:
9UhN

Is there a GAF list of players somewhere?

Quote my post (finally managed to make that thing work).

On a side note: I found myself unable to add more lines under my name (well, I managed... in a very roundabout way). I think I am google.doc challenged.

For the Heroic EXP daily I'm leveling up Quistis and Selphie one at a time by pairing one of them with Cloud. Give Cloud (or anyone who can use Bladeblitz and is strong enough) the Loner or Solitude materia and the strongest weapon you have (like Zantetsuken or something). Give them Bladeblitz. Grab Sephiroth OWA RW if possible. Try to get the first attack in each round. You will one shot the mobs in a two man team if your ATK is at least 218.

Got the idea from a reddit post. Looking for the link now. But it's working great! You may have to S/L a few times if you get a bad ATB roll. You can take one or two mild hits and still get champion.

If you can get lucky and level in-between rounds, you get a refresh on blitzes and can sometimes do all three rounds so you can get a few eggs. But if you can only do one or two, that's fine. The exp is still great for the character you're carrying (the OWA RW can help you clean up rounds of you run out of blitzes).

Falk

that puzzling face
I've found that method better with a party of 5 to be honest. The amount of XP you get doesn't change, and going 1:1 is going to run you out of Bladeblitz users faster than levelling everyone else.

Unless you meant because you need event characters levelled up in a hurry. In which case that's what a stockpile is for!

EYyoxqk.jpg]

Right now my random mishmash of characters in XP daily is using 4x Bladeblitz, 2x Friend Summon (pref. Sephiroth, Locke or Vanille for non-elemental AOE) 1x Valefor and 2x Phoenix.

Phoenix is useful for that one wave type that's a brown thing on top and a mage at the bottom since they're both vulnerable to fire. But more importantly it also raises ded people twice, so less savescumming.

Nohar

I prefer running this dungeon with 5 characters, none at level 50 or 65, and I'm doing all the levels in order to get the 3 Growth eggs at the end (5 Growth Eggs = 1 Greater Growth Egg, which is very nice). Quistis and Selphie will probably reach level 45 or so when the dungeon ends, and I'll just have to give them a few eggs to push them to level 50.
I'm currently leveling up Squall (62), Paladin Cecil (59), Sephiroth (58), Quitis (43) and Selphie (41).

I forgot Irvine you say? Ahahah. No. This guy is utterly useless unless I somehow get a good 5* gun (and even then, I'm not going to do much with a single synergy). He will stay at level 29 until I am forced to use him.

Relic-wise, I need ranged weapons badly (not to mention 5* Light armor and Armor; I have enough shields DeNa, thank you...).

I'm running the heroic elite with sephiroth at 59 and masamune and four sub 50's, red Mage at 38, ricard at 25, arc at 43, red xiii at 43. I just put everyone in the back and do boost retaliate. With boost sephiroth can ohk all but one of the enemies. I use the haste materia on him so he almost always goes first. The third round I usually use blade blitz in case the retaliate wears off. So easy and I can do all the rounds usually without s save load. I do have blinda equipped in case he gets blinded and I get lazy, but that's what the rw if for, to get through two more rounds if Sephy is slow or incapacitated.

Road

Funny seeing all this Luneth crisis. Good think I already knew he was good so I've friended and have been using him for a while now.

While everyone is leveling up, I'm still trying to finish the elites. The good thing about being behind is that everything is easier. I remember people complaining about the FFX and FFV elites and they were a breeze for me now.

Was looking at the new dungeon update, and there's a FFIV 102 difficulty dungeon where you have to boss rush through Scarmiglione, Rubicant, Cagnazzo and Barbariccia. I'm scared.

Razmos

Paladin Cecil's second record materia (attack becomes weak Drain Strike) is available now.
Might be a good thing to work on getting while you wait for the new dungeons.

Got Selphie, Quistis and Irvine to level 50 using the exp daily. Really sucks that Rinoa, being the first FFVIII character available is currently the only one who can't break her cap :(

Funny seeing all this Luneth crisis. Good think I already knew he was good so I've friended and have been using him for a while now.

While everyone is leveling up, I'm still trying to finish the elites. The good thing about being behind is that everything is easier. I remember people complaining about the FFX and FFV elites and they were a breeze for me now.

Was looking at the new dungeon update, and there's a FFIV 102 difficulty dungeon where you have to boss rush through Scarmiglione, Rubicant, Cagnazzo and Barbariccia. I'm scared.

There's also a 106 difficulty dungeon. Shit's cray, we need LVL 80 Record Materias ASAP.

Road

Paladin Cecil's second record materia (attack becomes weak Drain Strike) is available now.

Got Selphie, Quistis and Irvine to level 50 using the exp daily. Really sucks that Rinoa, being the first FFVIII character available is currently the only one who can't break her cap :(

There are new FFIV dungeons in the update for you to use PCecil. I think you're better off collecting growth eggs in the daily xp. And, yeah, Rinoa and Terra have totally been sabotaged by their very late 65 memory crystal. It's silly you get the new chars with their MC while old ones have to sit there waiting doing nothing. They're pretty much useless right now unless you have their 5* soul breaks because: 1) if the content is easy, you're better off not wasting xp and putting someone below level 50 or 2) if the content is hard, record materia is a big thing to ignore.

Falk

that puzzling face

Hahaha yeah, if I had the 6 Magic Breakdown/Armor Breakdown I used on Edea for Storm Dragon I'd be laughing all the way to the results screen.

I think you're better off waiting for the new paintings and doing it there. And if it still doesn't drop, Black/Power day is mandatory anyway.

edit: beaten

Red Mage

I'm waiting on the drop so I can work on Summoner and both Cecils at once. So gonna use Fabul castle. One stamina, yay.

Why with Cloud though? Wouldn't Squall be better due to having realm synergy? or is this just more Cloud fanboyism?
I wouldn't be surprised if the game has hidden code that gives Cloud synergy in all realms or that if you make a full team of VII characters, you instant win all battles.

There are like four events with Aerith in them before any event for Final Fantasy II or III.

And Final Fantasy I has never had an event dungeon.

Road

Finally found a purpose for Tifa and her Grand Glove:

Xt9eEjFowFHBWbkW2G4Ikrh2OIjpW4nLZv5sZm4gyV5g=w250-h851-no
gIe4L92hpdBV-EdEQIv_uT4PsTQfHFcWvdDeYg0aaZJ6=w250-h851-no

Soul Break is still useless, though:

ggJTm5B8AhFfvFRVIn316njNYLPnEjkbTyujLCpA9X9T=w250-h851-no
ER_ZdYiU-YP5UToZhCR211F5b_yQnQCfNq-RnWbGe6tn=w250-h851-no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OFwkCbpXdM

Cloud vs Edea

at 20s FF7 main theme kicks in

I'm easily amused

Neat. Would try the same if I had 7* FFVIII synergy.

Why with Cloud though? Wouldn't Squall be better due to having realm synergy? or is this just more Cloud fanboyism?

He answered on reddit his Squall is only lv 50. Squall would be better if he were at least 55 (+10 from RS).

MicH

Alright, Quistis and Selphie are both at level 50 and level broken. Now working on Summoner (lvl 30) and Josef (lvl 35). They are so annoying to level up!

Definitely wish there was more ffI content, as well as II and III, this game is just way too heavy on IV, vi, vii, viii and x. I know why of course, but it is pretty repetitive and samey. Maybe we'll get the gba extra dungeons to give a little more life to the I and II realms.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's not just because the games are more popular. There barely is a story to the NES games, and a very limited cast.

I want a Goldor Mansion FFIII event

It's not just because the games are more popular. There barely is a story to the NES games, and a very limited cast.

I want a Goldor Mansion FFIII event

Right, like I said, I know the why to it. You can't really craft an event out of power leveling at the peninsula of power for 10 hours just to afford a silver sword and fir2. Otoh, apparently you can craft an event out of bosses you have already faced twice, in the painting and in another character's event I guess, so....

Balphon

Underground Waterway is actually the best stamina to monster ratio.

You're right; come to think of it that's the one I'd been using as well.

Reminds me, do the RM have a chance to drop per enemy or just per wave? Feel like I've heard it both ways and can't really tell.

Alright, Quistis and Selphie are both at level 50 and level broken. Now working on Summoner (lvl 30) and Josef (lvl 35). They are so annoying to level up!
Josef is pretty strong so you shouldn't have to babysit him much if you have a good axe or fist weapon.

Razmos

His level cap is 80 in JP.
:
But this isn't JP

And Squall's cap is also 80 D:

Josef is pretty strong so you shouldn't have to babysit him much if you have a good axe or fist weapon.
When I first unlocked Josef I thought he was a monk for some reason, I thought "Great, another Tifa", and then I used him and saw that he hits like a truck and has good abilities and I was like, okay then.

I'd be down for that if they didn't add anything. Imagine 2 WoL that turn into greater growth eggs, 2 Knight's Armour, 2 Defenders and 2 Sun Swords (those are the only FFI gear in the game).
I was more thinking more along the lines of another Warrior of Light (palette-swap, I guess?) with a different stat and skill set (say, with Spellblade?).

Razmos

Mastered the Selphie event boss rush without using a mythril, but I probably wouldn't have been able to do so without Rinoa's Valkyrie.

I wasn't adequately honed for the fight against Seifer. I also didn't want to craft Biora since we are getting it for free in an event soon.

Shahadan

aargh I'm so late I still need to finish some classic dungeons and I have now two updates worth of elites to do T_T

And you're telling me we're getting a new batch soon?

B.K.

aargh I'm so late I still need to finish some classic dungeons and I have now two updates worth of elites to do T_T

And you're telling me we're getting a new batch soon?

There are only 24 dungeons (12 classic and 12 elite) in the next update, so it won't be too much more to add to what you've got to do.

Road

Our Breakdowns have already been nerfed way before Japan: -50% to -40% (vs. -30% of Breaks), so, while an upgrade, I'm not "desperate" to have them anymore. Not really gonna bother until we can daily farm 4* orbs.

New dungeons up and I still have 7 of the old elites to finish (compared to 30 something one week ago). I would have finished everything if I hadn't done the Selphie/Quistis event, but I don't regret it. This week I'll finish them and start the new ones on the path to get Summoner RM1/2.

Just did Steiner + Bomb elite and killing it before explodes is not easy. I had Water Strike, Blizzard Strike, Waterja and RW Shiva all doing 9999 on 4 buddies and I did it exactly before it would explode (should have brought Slow...). This dungeon would have been incredibly hard for me one month ago because it is a boss rush but you don't get any ethers. It should be labeled as difficulty 90 or something to warn people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom