• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that Woods stage isn't a 60 difficulty. Having a boss halfway through that users a gravity type attack is cheap.

I went in woefully unprepared and had to sl many many times to get past that one and managed to defeat it with it only using that attack once. Then I had to sl a bunch before remembering the trick to the final boss, namely only retaliate strike. Classic? Hah

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno, I make it a point to always have 10 Major, 50 Greater and 200 3* eggs. Rest is fair game for anything.

Since people don't read the announcements (guilty here). New bonus quest. Midgar Highway Elite. Sephiroph (yay, free 4* egg, eh 85 difficulty dungeon).

Also somebody couldn't wait a day or two to complete the new dungeons normally so used some refreshes. The announcement said mid-August is the next set coinciding with the next event? They are not going to make up wait until mid-August for Edgar/Sabin, are they?

Since people don't read the announcements (guilty here). New bonus quest. Midgar Highway Elite. Sephiroph (yay, free 4* egg, eh 85 difficulty dungeon).

Also somebody couldn't wait a day or two to complete the new dungeons normally so used some refreshes. The announcement said mid-August is the next set coinciding with the next event? They are not going to make up wait until mid-August for Edgar/Sabin, are they?

shouldn't do, probably mean coinciding with an event, rather than the next event.

Nohar

It costs too much stamina for a free 4* egg to be honest.

As for Edgar/Sabin, we will certainly get it in a day or two.

Anyhow, currently running the FFVIII's boss rush. If all goes well, I'll complete the boss rush and the EX+ fight today.

That being said: Tifa's event can't come soon enough (we need Shellga).

Razmos

Hooolllly shit the the mid-boss of the Macalania Wood dungeon.

The trash before the boss put most of my party to sleep, and then the damn thing uses magic all the time so they won't wake up.
And then the awesome combo of using AoE gravity attacks until my party is near death and then hitting them with an AoE spell. Fabulous!

It doesn't even use the gravity spell sparingly, it spams it every other turn. What a horrible boss. It attacks incredibly fast too, probably getting 2 hits in before you even got one. It doesn't hit that hard but it definitely adds up when combined with that awful gravity spell.

Razmos

so, boss rush, what should i bring along?
Bio, Blizzaga/ja, Thundara Strike, Thundaga + Ja, Magic Break/down, Power Break/down, Protectga

Also bring along a Rinoa RW. Get through Ifrit and Elvoret, then destroy the next two bosses with an Angel Wing Bolt each (use Mental Break/down for extra effect) and don't be afraid of using your thunder abilities.

By that point you should have a bunch of abilities left for Seifer. but he's pretty tough.
Alternatively take a Vivi RW and use that to obliterate Seifer.

Red Mage

I imagine that they will announce the next event tonight and have it tomorrow. Otherwise, we won't have a banner to spend mythril/money on.

Bio, Blizzaga/ja, Thundara Strike, Thundaga + Ja, Magic Break/down, Power Break/down, Protectga

Also bring along a Rinoa RW. Get through Ifrit and Elvoret, then destroy the next two bosses with an Angel Wing Bolt each (use Mental Break/down for extra effect) and don't be afraid of using your thunder abilities.

By that point you should have a bunch of abilities left for Seifer. but he's pretty tough.

thank you!

My Blizzaga is r2 and while I'm only a couple of ice orbs away from r3 the ice orb daily isn't until after the FFVIII event end. *looks at dungeon spreadsheet* FFII classics that are upcoming for me (just 2 FFXIII, 4 FFVII away) reward them. Getting there will use up quite a bit of stamina but I'll get a refill along the way. Ah, decisions.

Some people like to save the Angel Wing Bolt for the 4th boss and use them mid-way through the fight back to back to try and minimise the phase when the boss is most able to use wave cannon for.

Road

Thanks for the reply guys. I gotta break this RPG hoarding mentality and actually use the items.
I hoard too, but Selphie was the first I used eggs until 50 since she was going to replace my white mage and needed the ability restoring RM2 and you had to have the two new chars for Edea. The others, if they're not there yet by simply playing (if you're patient there's always time for Sunday XP during an event) , I use eggs until they're 35-ish, which is enough not to be a dead weight on the boss rush.

I am blitzing through the old Elites like FF8, FF9 and FF12. And I remember I had troubles beating the non-Elite version of those levels! I don't even bring the specific 3-Medal requirements like "White Mage for the Beatrix fight" and still Mastering them.

Feels good man.

Protectga + R3 -ga spells +R3 - ra Strikes really change the outcome of almost every boss battle. I wish I had Shellga instead of relying on RW/ my own Celes.

Wakka and TIduse will soon be LVL65, lol.

LucaMac

You've missed out on one of the best materia's in the game not bringing White Mage along to that...unless you're trolling? It actually feels like a troll seeing as how often those materias are discussed as almost broken they're so good. As great as managing without needing those medals feels...you may have to do it all again now...

You've missed out on one of the best materia's in the game not bringing White Mage along to that...unless you're trolling? It actually feels like a troll seeing as how often those materias are discussed as almost broken they're so good. As great as managing without needing those medals feels...you may have to do it all again now...

But I mastered it. W/o the White Mage. That's the point.

Nohar

What's the better RW to bring for the boss rush? Angel Wing Bolt or Sentinel's Grim?

Both are good. Sentinel Grim will come in handy against Seifer (you'll want to Power/Magic Break(down) him in any case), while Rinoa will make short work of the 3rd and 4th boss. Your choice, really. I went with Sentinel Grim.

Razmos

Offense is the best defense.

None of the bosses hit that hard, and if you use Angel Wing Bolt then you are saving abilities that you can use later on Seifer.

MicH

Thanks guys. Even though I have R4 Thundaga I brought AWB anyway and I managed to master the boss rush. DIdn't want to craft Biora for this event as I believe it's a reward in a later event so I rocked out with R5 Bio :lol Lost about 10 medals all in all (the second to last boss being the hardest one for me). Now I get to prepare for the EX+ fight :eek:

MicH

Woo! EX++ mastered :D That was quite intense (especially as you can only lose three medals!) Used Advance RW + Retaliate strategy and it was beautiful! Also decided to craft an hone Magic Breakdown to R2 for this fight and it was just enough to get through. Lost three medals in total which was perfect!

So uh, don't bother with carbuncle for Bahamut, surprisingly you cannot reflect his megaflare in this game... I think if you want to use magic you're better off bringing reflect to bounce spells off so that you can heal up your team in a controlled fashion rather than bouncing heals off Bahamut.

I running a full IV team with yuna as my healer and you can really feel the lack of offense with no four star black Mage and, if you're like me, no five star rs weapons, no spellblades, no breakdowns, and kain. My best weapons are daggers in IV. Will probably swap out for sephiroth and cloud when I run the elites, maybe even the painting boss rush.

Edit: avoiding a double post here.

I'm wondering how to handle the comditions of the IV boss rush
Lightning
Jump
Holy
Ice
Water.

Conveniently my rws available for the dungeon hit holy water and lightning.
I'm thinking using a rw for water as while I would like protecga, i feel like carrying two attacks for rubicante would be excessive, either a strike or magic combo. Lightning will be by strike or magic to disrupt caignazzo, I may need more than two uses.

So:
Cloud with thundara strike and blizzara strike
Kain with jump and magic break and double hit rm for regular attacks
Sephiroth, only because of his sb masamune, armor break and retaliate for running low on attacks
Vivi (sorry rydia, need a ringer) with blizzaga and thundaga
Garnet with curaja and Diara

Rw water

Otoh, now I'm thinking a defensive rw and adding squall to the party for water strike...hmm

I'm probably going to run this one classic then elite just to not have to deal with this juggling again.

Razmos

Maybe he means Macalania Woods, which truly is bullshit.

speaking of bullshit, I beat Edea++ after many resets, only for Selphie to die one turn before I won, causing me to lose all my medals :(
Oh well, the rewards are lame anyway.

Negator

Doing the four fiends battle takes me back, damn. I remember being a little kid and getting completely obliterated by that fight in FFIV. Took me several attempts to do it back then.

Falk

that puzzling face
Any tips?

I've failed twice now. Ran out of abilities and just taking too long to take down.

Have you tried Tyrfang Retaliate yet? With the right setup you can ret for 8000+. 6000+ easy with the 3++ sword from FFX event assuming you've levelled Cloud to 65.

Just took down Edea. Realized that I forgot to change my Record Materia from the boss rush so everyone had useless ones except Quistis. All the RW on my last weren't that great so I picked Irvine's and decided to roll with it. He ended up doing about 12k with armour breakdown. I made sure I always had magic breakdown on and she went down without too much of a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom