• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Mage

I'll be taking Summoner with me for the classic dungeons of this event. Hopefully he will drop his RM2...

From my understanding, this is not your typical dungeon. There's no EX mode. Each brother has a dungeon and the levels range from classic to elite.

Just curious. I'm locked into Macalania woods now so I can't check, but can a retaliator still retaliate when beserked? Obviously that would mean only getting two rounds in before it wore off, but cast advance, boost, retaliate, beserk? Could potentially do enough damage to not need more rounds on most bosses...I've a feeling something won't stack though. I'll try it myself and report back if I ever get past Sephimorph after all the s/l-ing.

I lucked after my 5th s/l. I'd missed bringing and ice magic and this time it cycled through 5 others before it started casting fire which got me through by the skin of my teeth and somehow with a champion ranking. Going to have to spend the next five waves defending and healing to get the health back up for boss two while not using too many moves. Quistis has about 1 hp left. More s/l-ing ahead.

Edit: Balls. Only one wave on the boss level. Two unhealed. Save me Batman.

I completely boned myself first time through carrying too much magic and couldn't even beat negator. I too had low life guys who wiped on the second Gatling gun. Second time zero magic full retaliate and thundara strike for the medals. Don't get too cute was the lesson I learned,

Did a 3 pull and got a Mystery Veil! I'm not complaining... that AoE Cure shared SB will be awesome!

Also got a Main Gauche and a Defender, which I've combined to give two new 5*s! A pretty good pull...:)

Red Mage

Yay! Got Partisan. I have fifty mythril left for Éclair's banner. I don't care about her, I just need good XIII equipment.

Shadow780

I feel like a complete idiot today when I discovered the Retaliator is free to attack after activating retaliate. For some dumb reason I always thought you can't do another action while in retaliate stance.

Fuck you VIII boss rush here I come!!

Had a good 11-pull. I was hoping for Edgar's weapon but I've always been hurting in the 5-star armor department, so this fills out my weak areas quite nicely.

y6Ybrq8.png

Decent enough fist weapon too... So I'll have something a bit better for Red and Josef. One day I'll get a good dagger that just covers my bases.

Nohar

Got Summoner's RM2 during the easiest levels of Sabin/Edgar event. Ooooh yeah. Now back to the bench forever you maggot!

Also, new balance changes for FFXIII characters for the next JP event. Long story short: they're trying to make Snow actually good.

BALANCE CHANGES
Lightning gains Celerity 4 and gains spears as equippable weapons
Snow DEF up (122->132) and RES up (76->90), gains Knight 5, and gains shields/helms/heavy armor
Hope MAG up (140->145)

NEW ABILITIES
Lightning Jump (Dragoon 3) - Lightning version of Jump
Endaspil (Combat 4) - attack target and gain more SB gauge than usual

Still hoarding my Mythril for the celebration banners. I should be able to do four 11x pulls if I'm lucky (though Sazh's weapon is enough an incentive to maybe make me do a 11x pull for his banner... Mrgrgr. If his weapon was part of the celebration banners, I wouldn't even think about doing this).

Falk

that puzzling face
Still think Snow's RM should have been 20% DEF added to ATK.

Would make for some cool builds and plays into his actual FFXIII character (his 'weapon' slot is his coat)

LucaMac

I completely boned myself first time through carrying too much magic and couldn't even beat negator. I too had low life guys who wiped on the second Gatling gun. Second time zero magic full retaliate and thundara strike for the medals. Don't get too cute was the lesson I learned,

I did it somehow...got it to eat a power breakdown and then defended with those two until I got rid of the negator. Very close call though. Dungeon mastered....eventually.

Has anyone else sold off their one star elemental magic and physical attacks like blade bash body slam and salve? I'm leaning towards that, can't foresee them being useful again and if they were can be easily crafted

Has anyone else sold off their one star elemental magic and physical attacks like blade bash body slam and salve? I'm leaning towards that, can't foresee them being useful again and if they were can be easily crafted

Yeah, I did that a while back. I only kept stuff like Blindna. Like you said, can be easily crafted if they are ever required.

Super late but FFVIII event done. Used a refresh in the boss rush (overall lost I think 9 medals, might have been 8) after Elvoret (RW used here and on X-ATM092...in the past I've suggested saving them for BGH251F2 but blinding that makes that fight long though easy...even rushing X-ATM I still lost 2 medals for damage :( ). Could have possibly done better by being smarter with who had what abilities (Quistis got a level up right before Seifer but Vivi was left doing nothing for much of Seifer). I'd egged Selphie to level 50 so I could use WM RM2 (I've had this for a short time but it is becoming a real crutch and easy to see why). Seifer was a pretty close call though. Abilities exhausted, no healing left.

The sorceress on the other hand...nasty piece of work. I was using the superboost/advance wars/advance+boost+retaliate (whatever you call it) strategy. She has so much HP some attempts ended with both uses of advance running out and she was still standing. Despite the constant risk of dispell (my understanding is there are two versions one that takes up her turn and a counter one which does not) I think I might have been better off going with Yuna instead of Tidus so I could use Carbuncle and Kirin (as Quistis could support). Others were killed by bad timing. Well I got there in the end somehow.

So, what am I doing now? Fisherman's horizon to fight a much weaker BGH251F2 than the one I just beat.

I also sorter my following list a bit. Down to 30, five of which are Advance. Whenever I see Advance on the list I feel compelled to use and with numbers like those it is likely.

Yeah he surprised me since his trash was so easy. Wasn't expecting his aoe to hit for over 1k.

Fortunately had magic and power breakdown on the crappy b team I was using.

yeah, my BM and Summoner was having none of it. Had to retreat and redo the level with a better party.

eastx

My 11-relic pull from the FFVI banner today:

If you look closely, you can almost see the letters F-U-PLAYER right there on the screen.

Razmos

I don't understand why anyone would pull from this banner unless you REALLY like Edgar and Sabin.

The 5* items available in this banner are really bad.

eastx

I don't understand why anyone would pull from this banner unless you REALLY like Edgar and Sabin.

The 5* items available in this banner are really bad.

Some of us just like FFVI! But you know, any 5-star item is better than no 5-star items. Or 4-star items.

Falk

that puzzling face
Some of us just like FFVI! But you know, any 5-star item is better than no 5-star items. Or 4-star items.

But we're talking about 5* items from other banners vs 5* items from this banner (assuming your luck is exactly the same), not 5* items from this banner vs no 5* items.

MicH

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this banner either. I already gave a fuck ton of VI synergy:

HELDAdv.jpg

Plus, I still don't have a native 5* rod which is really the only type of relic I want at this point.

EDIT I just noticed what accessory Yuna has. Damn optimize :lol

I like Sabin and Edgar a lot so I'm tempted to do a pull, but I'm gonna hold off. To me it's not so much getting a good weapon/piece of gear, it's getting ones for the characters I like. Obviously good general gear is important, but it's the characters themselves that draw me to the game.

That's why I'm not pulling on the Lightning/Sazh banner, because I don't particularly care for either of them.

Nohar

I have 25 vi equips, 13 weapons, 12 armors. Ridiculous. I need to dump some of it, especially the 3* swords that are just taking up space. Why did I bother combining these junk spears and fist? oh, cause I didn't realize that Edgar can equip that free zantetsuken.

Got a 4*+ Maneater, a 3*++ Main gauche, a 4* Swordbreaker, a 4* Crystal Sword, a 5* Zantetsuken, a 4* Gravity Rod... Yeah, good weapons for this event aren't a problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom