• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyshark

He doesn't have to be that rich - let's say he averages 20 11 pulls a month - that's only 600 bucks, which is probably about what any young single guy blows going to the bars every month.

Vorpal

Feeling like I should spend mythril on expanding my inventory/abilities just so I'm not so tempted to pull from the Sabin/Edgar banner.

Edit: I pulled anyway and got some garbage. Don't make the same mistake I did!

Wazzy

Banned
So, I finally did the pull on the VIII banner(I had a $25 google play card) and I pulled Morning Star! No other VIII gear with the 11 pull but I'm happy.
I like Sabin and Edgar a lot so I'm tempted to do a pull, but I'm gonna hold off. To me it's not so much getting a good weapon/piece of gear, it's getting ones for the characters I like. Obviously good general gear is important, but it's the characters themselves that draw me to the game.

That's why I'm not pulling on the Lightning/Sazh banner, because I don't particularly care for either of them.
Same here. I think I'm only going to pull on VIII banners for now but at the moment I'm saving mythril for Seifer banner.

Anyone take on Ultima yet? I barely mastered blue dragon, I probably should have only briought Edgar in, will only be taking Sabin against Ultima. I'm thinking about taking vivi solely to clear trash and give him double hit materia for retaliate on Ultima. Thinking lunatic high is the way to go to get in attacks quickly. Thinking cloud Sabin wakka Vivi garnet. Thinking about powering the bros to 50 from 43 at vector streets prior to Ultima, using a materia with Sabin will be useful.

Wazzy

Banned
Crap, I didn't realize you couldn't use up your credit and pay the rest off when doing a purchase so I payed for the pull. Oh well, I decided to use the credit up with three pulls and I got Raijins Vest and a second Mesmerize blade so I can't complain too much!

Same here. I think I'm only going to pull on VIII banners for now but at the moment I'm saving mythril for Seifer banner.
That's serious restraint to be able to hold off that long. Get it Wazzy. :)

And by then we'll have the new formula for rare pulls active so the chances will be better.

Wazzy

Banned
That's serious restraint to be able to hold off that long. Get it Wazzy. :)

And by then we'll have the new formula for rare pulls active so the chances will be better.
Thanks! I'm already happy I own every VIII item except Squall and Quistis's current weapons but hopefully I can pull them in the future.

Thanks! I'm already happy I own every VIII item except Squall and Quistis's current weapons but hopefully I can pull them in the future.
I'm tempted to pull for Quistis again, but her weapon is part of the SB Celebration #2 and that's right after the bonus rare pull formula kicks in, so I gotta be patient.

eastx

I'm 5 White Orbs away from upgrading a rank 4 3-star ability to rank 5. Should I max out Curaga or Diara? I feel like either one would have been helpful in the FFVIII Sorceress++ battle, but perhaps moreso Diara.

eastx

Here's the form letter response I got as a reply to my complaint about getting 11 3-star items from an 11-relic pull:

Thank you for playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper and for using Relic Draw.

We are utterly saddened to hear the experience you had with the relic draws.
We understand that being unable to get the relic you want can be disappointing at times.
In general, the better the relic, the harder it is to obtain in Relic Draw. This is reflected in the information listed in the Relic Draw page, with higher rarity relics having lower drop rates.

These drop rates are under constant review. We aim to satisfy our loyal players, while maintaining game balance and providing a fair and enjoyable experience for every type of player.

Feedback from the players is extremely valuable and is instrumental in shaping the future of FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.
If there any items or abilities you would like to make an appearance, please let us know and we will take your suggestions into consideration.

We hope you continue to enjoy playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ugh, so much trash aoe in this event.

Such a good time to have summoner RM2 :V.

Rydia rocking a recharging Valefor and a -ga spell alongside a BM with Quake + a -ja spell, former for trash, latter for boss.

edit@above: I think it's a very legit complaint to be honest, even if that's not one that's particularly unique. Heck, the more people send them this maybe the more likely the gacha % and anti-streak mechanisms get introduced earlier in the timeline vs JP, just like the other features. (And this is something that would largely be a server side change, too) I mean, it can't hurt at the very worst.

eastx

Did you actually believe you had a valid complaint?

I did not expect a helpful response, but yes, I believe it's valid. Other games I've played with similar gachas guarantee better results than this game currently does. Even the Japanese devs know the ratio is unfair, hence they adjusted it in that version. We just haven't seen those adjustments and won't for a while, annoyingly. Yeah, the lesson to us as consumers is not to do pulls before the English version gets better odds, but the devs could simply adjust the odds now if they wanted.

I did not expect a helpful response, but yes, I believe it's valid. Other games I've played with similar gachas guarantee better results than this game currently does. Even the Japanese devs know the ratio is unfair, hence they adjusted it in that version. We just haven't seen those adjustments and won't for a while, annoyingly. Yeah, the lesson to us as consumers is not to do pulls before the English version gets better odds, but the devs could simply adjust the odds now if they wanted.
I think they're waiting until to match the same time frame as the Japanese version so that Japanese fans don't feel they got an unfair deal, and in this case I don't blame them for waiting.

Obviously it sucks that we have to (or at least should) sit idle until the rate boost, but it's not too far away now.

Man getting these 2*++ items from an event then sitting down reading the numbers and finding they are weaker than the Danjuro you have (claws) or the natural 5* sword (spear). Of course not everyone has those things so they still have a place but I feel 3*+ is better to do as it allows more rewards.

In this case the current event was worse in that I already had 2* ones for both so ended up with an extra one that got sold. I should feel happy I'm at the point of the game where I can safely sell most 2* gear as I know the 2*++ versions are never going to get used.

Falk

that puzzling face
I had a billion Mythril Spears from Granaldo too hahahaha.

And yeah the period where 2*++s were useful was like much earlier in the game, notably Celes (greatsword) and FFVIII (Galbadian Blade). Especially after they handed out a Zantetsuken and w/e other pulls people have made in the intervening 2 months, they're not nearly as cool anymore.

Still great for newer players though. And sometimes events give you 3*++ like Tidus!

Falk

that puzzling face
20% Attack
20% Acid Rain (NAT: AoE - 210% Water Magic Dmg, 33% chance of Sap)
20% Aqua Breath (NAT: AoE - 270% Water Magic Dmg)
20% Tsunami (NAT: AoE - 390% Water Magic Dmg)
10% Flash Rain (NAT: AoE - 210% Water Magic Dmg)
10% Slow (WHT: 36% chance of Slow)

You want Sentinel Grimoire tbh

edit: Oh, trash! Carry on.

MicH

Yeah, there's no way I can master that last Edgar stage. The trash hits too hard and the dragon has way too much HP.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm just cheesing the trash right now with Ixion, Quake, and then 4-actioning the 3rd wave with 3 physical attacks and a Thundaga.

edit: Got through the first two stages with a total of two savescums.

Third stage, two ninjas on the last wave insist on being fast and getting Veils off before I kill them. I want to go into the boss with full HP so I savescum like 8 times total.

Then I finally kill them before they get an action, and a Hi-Potion drops that would have healed an AOE anyway.

image.php

SunGod

Cleared the event... back to orb farming.

How many days after an event launch does the boss rush usually turn up? I always forget to make a mental note of when to expect it.

MicH

I managed to master the blue dragon after all! And it was surprisingly easy the second time around!!

Here's what I used:

Cloud with Thundara Strike and Magic Break
Wakka with Magic Breakdown (R2) and Mental Break
Edgar with Armor Break and Venom Strike
Vivi with Thundaga and Quake
Garnet with Curaga R5 and Curaga R3

RW: Sentinel's Grimoire

You definitely want to poison him - that's 3000 damage each turn! Focus Magic with Vivi to hit for 9999 and use Garnet's default SB to raise all allies' attack when Curaga isn't needed. You don't really need Protectga or some way to Blind him as his physical attacks hit for nothing - just a waste of ability slots in my opinion. Now I did have two Minotaur Plates (Shellga SB) which definitely made it A LOT easier since Shellga still isn't available in ability form. I had a harder time with the damn trash mobs (which I brought Quake for).

Put in my ringers for Ultima and used a flat out retaliate luneth intimidate strat and he went down like a chump. Didn't take a black Mage, rolled with cloud, tidus, wakka, Sabin, and garnet, my a team other than Sabin.lunteth rw + breaks/boost + zantetsuken and crystal helm + 3 guys double cutting the retaliator, all while paralyzed makes for an easy battle. He did come out of paralysis briefly for two rounds but didn't do much to me.

Balphon

Put in my ringers for Ultima and used a flat out retaliate luneth intimidate strat and he went down like a chump. Didn't take a black Mage, rolled with cloud, tidus, wakka, Sabin, and garnet, my a team other than Sabin.lunteth rw + breaks/boost + zantetsuken and crystal helm + 3 guys double cutting the retaliator, all while paralyzed makes for an easy battle. He did come out of paralysis briefly for two rounds but didn't do much to me.

He didn't do anything other than cast blaze and graviga at me for moderate damage. The fight was pretty simple with a conventional strategy. Blue Dragon was easier but did way more damage.

Atma is going to be much harder at the end of a boss rush, though.

Razmos

5 free mythril, sweet. I look forward to getting that.

It all adds up towards my pulls on the Lightning banner.

EDIT: Decided to buy a triple pull for the Selphie banner before it goes. I actually got a 5* item! but unfortunately it was a second Raijin Vest.
Now I have 2 Raijin Vests and 2 Viking Coats. Water and Lightning are sorted haha.

MicH

I hate the trash mobs in the last stages of this event. They're worse than the Actual bosses and they all use AoE attacks

Falk

that puzzling face
5 free mythril, sweet. I look forward to getting that.

It all adds up towards my pulls on the Lightning banner.

EDIT: Decided to buy a triple pull for the Selphie banner before it goes. I actually got a 5* item! but unfortunately it was a second Raijin Vest.
Now I have 2 Raijin Vests and 2 Viking Coats. Water and Lightning are sorted haha.

You have... 4 5* light armors

I KILL YOU

My favorite thing about the Phantom train is you can't Stop the train (afflict it with stop status). You can however, Paralyze it.

Diabolic Whistle can go die in a fire
Memories of classic come flowing back. I think that was when I found about S/L. Also memories of using shitty bluestacks to play the game with all its glitches like tiny menus, sometimes battles not displaying HP bars or graphics in general. Then I found droix4x was far better for this sort of thing.

Speaking of droid4x I managed to get FFRK Inspector to work kind of thanks to this tutorial. In step 9 remote clients wouldn't work (as droid4x is a local program). Neat little program though I certainly get an unfair advantage in knowing when a potion will drop. Being able to look up drops is good as well.

The inventory management thing with ratings is a decent idea too (idea being you can safely trash low rated items) except it is very all or nothing about how it handles things as in it judging the weapons as they are or if they fully combined and upgraded but the rare stuff won't get fully combined as what I want to know the potential of the non-maxed ones. Ah well. Ratings aside relm synergy numbers being just a click away should be more helpful than how it is in-game.

MicH

Ultima is so easy. Just paralyze it and go crazy with Retaliate + Advance RW. It only hit me twice which barely dud any damage as I used Magic Breakdown just in case.

Vorpal

Between Edgar's SB, Bladeblitz, and a RW, it's pretty convenient to grind Vector - Streets solo. By the time I use up Bladeblitz charges, I usually have 2-3 SBs charged up. After those I can use RWx2 and some attacks, get more SBs charged, etc. Damage adds up over time, but it's easy enough to pop Salve/wait for a level up/retreat and re-enter.

I think after Edgar hits 50 I'll tack on Zealot and pair him up with Sabin until he's 50 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom