• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't do anything other than cast blaze and graviga at me for moderate damage. The fight was pretty simple with a conventional strategy. Blue Dragon was easier but did way more damage.

Atma is going to be much harder at the end of a boss rush, though.

Ultima is so easy. Just paralyze it and go crazy with Retaliate + Advance RW. It only hit me twice which barely dud any damage as I used Magic Breakdown just in case.

Oh yeah, I found him far easier than the dragon, primarily duets paralyzed. Not sure in the rush since will have to deal with other bosses.

Between Edgar's SB, Bladeblitz, and a RW, it's pretty convenient to grind Vector - Streets solo. By the time I use up Bladeblitz charges, I usually have 2-3 SBs charged up. After those I can use RWx2 and some attacks, get more SBs charged, etc. Damage adds up over time, but it's easy enough to pop Salve/wait for a level up/retreat and re-enter.

I think after Edgar hits 50 I'll tack on Zealot and pair him up with Sabin until he's 50 too.

Edgar's default sb is definitely one of the better damge default sbs, imho. At least in the mobs. Since it is an auto crossbow, I wonder if it is considered ranged.

Well, Blue Dragon kicked my ass, but I have a plan and the abilities to make it happen. Unfortunately it'll be lacking Sentinel Grimoire because Turd Ferguson decided to make Quistis his roaming warrior yesterday.

Vorpal

Edgar's default sb is definitely one of the better damge default sbs, imho. At least in the mobs. Since it is an auto crossbow, I wonder if it is considered ranged.

Not sure about hitting ranged enemies, but front row/back row doesn't seem to affect the damage output of Auto-Crossbow, at least. Just switched rows without changing any other variables and the damage was always ~8000 on Goetia and ~5100 on Onion Knights.

jUTjEJx.png

Makes solo-grinding even easier!

Kain

Had the game abandoned for two weeks, came back to see a Sabin and Edgar event and just got the Partisan. Guess I'll have to train Edgar... is he any good? If not I can always give Kain the weapon as he was rocking daggers until now xD

Falk

that puzzling face
What's so great about light armour? :p

One, more people can use it.

Two, you usually aren't hurting for DEF as much as you're hurting for RES, considering a lot of the annoying mobs and bosses deal AOE magic damage or shit like double cast, etc. If for whtaever reason shit starts to really hurt because some boss or other punches in the groin repeatedly, back row + retaliate strat, or just go 4mage.

Also more people can use light armor. I didn't mention that yet!

Had the game abandoned for two weeks, came back to see a Sabin and Edgar event and just got the Partisan. Guess I'll have to train Edgar... is he any good? If not I can always give Kain the weapon as he was rocking daggers until now xD

Seems to almost be a front-line damage dealer, except trading a bit of attack for support abilities. (Not enough for breakdowns unfortunately or he'd be God tier)

johnsmith

remember me
Terra.

And Tyro.

(don't hurt me)

Looks like the real answer is Vaan if Chrysalis wiki is accurate. Amazing weapon and skill options will make him the support of choice I think.

Abilities
Combat (Rarity 4)
Physical Support (Rarity 4)
Celerity (Rarity 5)
Thief (Rarity 5)

Weapons
Daggers, Swords, Katana
Axes, Hammers, Spears

Ashodin

Looks like the real answer is Vaan if Chrysalis wiki is accurate. Amazing weapon and skill options will make him the support of choice I think.

Abilities
Combat (Rarity 4)
Physical Support (Rarity 4)
Celerity (Rarity 5)
Thief (Rarity 5)

Weapons
Daggers, Swords, Katana
Axes, Hammers, Spears
Really, fuckin' Vaan? Ugh
facepalm.gif

MicH

Going for the Summoner MC! The trash mobs are already easier than the heroic ones in the current VI event so it probably won't be too difficult

forgrim

holy moly, the blue dragon was terrifying. he kept aoeing every farking turn, and by the end i ran out of magic breakdown (was using advance superboost). Definetly would've lost without this technique.

goddamn tough boss.

Red Mage

holy moly, the blue dragon was terrifying. he kept aoeing every farking turn, and by the end i ran out of magic breakdown (was using advance superboost). Definetly would've lost without this technique.

goddamn tough boss.

He's vulnerable to poison. Get him early and the fight goes faster.

I still couldn't believe I managed to master the Blue Dragon. I dropped a lot of medals because of the damn trash. And damage from the boss itself. Poison definitely helps a ton!

hamchan

I kept wondering "Why the fuck are these classic levels so hard in this new event".

Didn't realize they had split it into Sabin and Edgar sides instead of the traditional normal and hard ><

GAMERG0D

Hm... after changing to Minotaur Plate I got quite a few followers. I guess people want Shell.

I'm debating on leveling Sabin or not, I have a 4* + fist for VI but we're getting
Lightning
soon so I'd assume that would be better.

Wazzy

Banned
Almost done both Sabin and Edgar story. I'm not sure If I want to level up both for the medals or just attempt the fights with my normal party.

Damn son! I wish I had taken a screenshot of the painting showing Cecil's face after fighting CPU elite. He looked exactly how I felt. lmao

We really need those HP bars...

Falk

that puzzling face
Sounds like me and Cagnazzo in Babil 1 Elite basically. He sat in his shell healing while I hit him for 1k because I was saving abilities for Barbariccia.

Then I said scew this shit and did Babil 2 Elite with no healer just to get more damage.

(My FF4 synergy is rather garbage. Bunch of 3*+ and 3*++s)

MicH

Does anyone know if there's a difference between Maduin and Valefor? They both "Deal non-elemental damage to all targets"

Shahadan

I want to play, but don't want to bother re-doing my team for a specific dungeon since I want to use my current party on the xp daily tomorrow for sabin and edgar. So I will just wait until tomorrow.

That's how annoying your interface is, Dena.

I want to play, but don't want to bother re-doing my team for a specific dungeon since I want to use my current party on the xp daily tomorrow for sabin and edgar. So I will just wait until tomorrow.

At least you can now save your current party settings for tomorrow and only build the new one. Interface is still terrible but save/assemble really helps.

elty

I save party for each era and also a generic exp party. So the only thing I need to change is the weapon.

Hoorah, it's elite dungeon catch-up day. I think I'll $1 refill at some point, especially if my friend and I hang out at a brewery today. Goal for today is to clear many IV and VI elites up to the crazy ones and get Red Mage, Summoner and Cyan memory crystals. Then I'll have every character cap broken except Dork Kittenheart, who can stay at Level 1 until needed for event medals.

Does anyone know if there's a difference between Maduin and Valefor? They both "Deal non-elemental damage to all targets"
I think one of them is *slightly* stronger. But not enough to care.

Falk

that puzzling face

One is easier to hone.

(You think I'm joking but it's the biggest deciding factor tbqh)

LucaMac

Gradually got on to my last elite run. Failed to master Machalania temple and the last three FF4 elites first time. Giant of Babil 1 took three attempts as I stupidly forgot jump and forgot I'd s/ld and not actually cast an ice spell on the third boss. Just a re run of Bahamut left and I'm not looking forward to it. Apart from using advance any other tips? Clearing it was managable last time but he wore my team down considerably. Thinking of bring single casts of shell...a minotaur plate or something would be handy. Arc isn't leveled enough and too squishy. :(

forgrim

Gradually got on to my last elite run. Failed to master Machalania temple and the last three FF4 elites first time. Giant of Babil 1 took three attempts as I stupidly forgot jump and forgot I'd s/ld and not actually cast an ice spell on the third boss. Just a re run of Bahamut left and I'm not looking forward to it. Apart from using advance any other tips? Clearing it was managable last time but he wore my team down considerably. Thinking of bring single casts of shell...a minotaur plate or something would be handy. Arc isn't leveled enough and too squishy. :(

I just finished it today. Defeat Edgar's final elite event boss, get Slowga, and use it on bahamut with advance retal strategy. He only cast mega flare once on me (and i forgot to magic break it so 3k to my entire team)

LucaMac

I just finished it today. Defeat Edgar's final elite event boss, get Slowga, and use it on bahamut with advance retal strategy. He only cast mega flare once on me (and i forgot to magic break it so 3k to my entire team)

Slowga. Never thought of it. Thank you. Cleared the event yesterday so have it already. Cheers. Here I go...*enters dungeon hopefully*

Slow is really nice on him. I used tidus' delay attack. I wonder if it would be useful to hone slows to r2 for the bosh rush later today.

yasu151

I pulled Sabin's 5-star knuckles. I have a bunch of growth eggs saved up, and could probably level him to at least level 55'ish. However, I'm currently running with Paladin Cecil, Sephiroth, and Cloud. Would it be worth swapping out any of the above fighters for Sabin?

I don't have anyone else's 5-star weapons, though a handful of 5-stars they're equipped with nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom