• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there's a difference between Maduin and Valefor? They both "Deal non-elemental damage to all targets"
According to Kevrlet they are the same multiplier.

In that case Orbs required is the difference. Valefor needs less half as many Summon orbs (not to mention you might have one from that FFX event), 3/5 as many greater non-elemental but needs wind orbs including a 5* one (though the other things that use 5* wind orbs are not great, quick hit might be nice but it costs so many 5* wind you could get Valefor to r5 for the same orbs you need to get quick hit to r1).

Edit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/wiki/index/abilities/summoning/valefor
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/wiki/index/abilities/summoning/maduin

I'd say in the big picture summon orbs are a more limited resource than wind.

Nohar

I'll try to install Bluestacks and run Record Keeper with it. Playing on my phone is just too tedious (at least, when it comes to menu navigation).

Edition: Or Droid 4X... Bluestacks doesn't seem to run RK perfectly. The thing is, I run RK on my iPhone, and this is an android thingy, and I don't know how to synchronize this... I have no idea what I'm doing.jpg

I pulled Sabin's 5-star knuckles. I have a bunch of growth eggs saved up, and could probably level him to at least level 55'ish. However, I'm currently running with Paladin Cecil, Sephiroth, and Cloud. Would it be worth swapping out any of the above fighters for Sabin?

I don't have anyone else's 5-star weapons, though a handful of 5-stars they're equipped with nonetheless.
It never hurts to diversify your viable party members. I would only egg him to 50 though. After that he should be able to hold his own while he gains more EXP.

MicH

Thanks for the comments regarding Maduin vs Valefor b I ask because I have the orbs to craft Valefor, but I already have Maduin. I guess I'll hold off on crafting it for now.

Anyway, I've farmed NE orbs all day and can craft Meteor and/or Drain (black magic ability). I can see how they may be useful bring non-elemental, but is it worth it to craft them?

Nohar

Mastered Macalania Woods on Elite, but it was tedious. And I'm 100% certain that the final boss has a bug preventing it from attacking once in a while (I kept getting the "Is : really necessary?" message).

Falk

that puzzling face
Thanks for the comments regarding Maduin vs Valefor b I ask because I have the orbs to craft Valefor, but I already have Maduin. I guess I'll hold off on crafting it for now.

Anyway, I've farmed NE orbs all day and can craft Meteor and/or Drain (black magic ability). I can see how they may be useful bring non-elemental, but is it worth it to craft them?

You mean Comet? I've been more particular to getting Waterga/Waterja ranked up as a multipurpose 'non-elemental' spell (Outside of FFX which uses Water as a basic element opposite to Lightning, not nearly as many mobs resist/absorb water as the Big 3)

For pure non-elemental though, Ruinga is coming soonish, which makes Comet kinda redundant except for people limited to Black Magic 3*.

LucaMac

I'll try to install Bluestacks and run Record Keeper with it. Playing on my phone is just too tedious (at least, when it comes to menu navigation).

Edition: Or Droid 4X... Bluestacks doesn't seem to run RK perfectly. The thing is, I run RK on my iPhone, and this is an android thingy, and I don't know how to synchronize this... I have no idea what I'm doing.jpg

When my phone broke I used an app called 'Andy the Android" and it was superb. I had it on mac mind you so I can't vouch for the windows version but it is seamless on mac.

Edit: Oh, I dunno about syncing an iPhone account or if they are compatible at all. I just signed in with my google play account but maybe a facebook link would work.

MicH

You mean Comet? I've been more particular to getting Waterga/Waterja ranked up as a multipurpose 'non-elemental' spell (Outside of FFX which uses Water as a basic element opposite to Lightning, not nearly as many mobs resist/absorb water as the Big 3)

For pure non-elemental though, Ruinga is coming soonish, which makes Comet kinda redundant except for people limited to Black Magic 3*.
Ah yes, I meant Comet, sorry. I keep hearing good things about Ruinga so I'm definitely looking forward to that. I think I'm still gonna craft Comet though as I have all other -ga spells at R4 already

Vorpal

Yeah I was wondering whether to rank up Comet or Waterga a while back and noticed that the damage multipliers are really close (Comet is like .20 less or something). Brought Comet up to R5 just because I had the orbs for it.

Any reason to eventually swap Comet for Ruinga?

Nohar

Yeah I was wondering whether to rank up Comet or Waterga a while back and noticed that the damage multipliers are really close (Comet is like .20 less or something). Brought Comet up to R5 just because I had the orbs for it.

Any reason to eventually swap Comet for Ruinga?

Well, they do the same kind of damage (non-elemental), but that's it. Comet is a single-target 3* Black magic ability (x5.1 multiplier). Ruinga is a multi-target 4* Black Magic ability (x5.85 multiplier; it is actually more powerful than Quake if my numbers are correct, since Quake has a x5.65 multiplier).

Balphon

Ah yes, I meant Comet, sorry. I keep hearing good things about Ruinga so I'm definitely looking forward to that. I think I'm still gonna craft Comet though as I have all other -ga spells at R4 already

Comet is probably my most used spell since I bring it for everything that doesn't have an elemental weakness.

johnsmith

remember me
The trash on these elites is getting ridiculous. Can't even master with retaliate without a natural 5* sword. A 3++ isn't cutting it on these FF4 stages.

MicH

I've gotten four 4* orbs so far In the daily today (2 ice, 2 ne). I think that's the most I've ever gotten in a day - and it's especially nice as those are the two types of orbs needed to craft Mental Breakdown (which I don't have yet)

Debating if I try the Boss Rush with Edgar and Sabin at 40 or if I wait to level them to 50 during exp day for unlocking their RM slots. I don't plan to use them much after the event. Having to bring both of them + a WHM + a BLM + a heavy hitters is killing the Breakdown skills... They can't even equip legshot for Slow...

I've closed the gap the last few days; all I have left are the new elite dungeons. Feels good to not be miles behind.

I'm sitting on 206 mythril too. I'm not sure what I want to pull on though. Maybe the Lightning banner.

Debating if I try the Boss Rush with Edgar and Sabin at 40 or if I wait to level them to 50 during exp day for unlocking their RM slots.

I went ahead and it went great until I ran out of abilities at Ultima Weapon. I am sure that he was pretty close to dying and as long as nobody died I was assured a Mastery. However, after a few run I could not achieve that, can't wait for the HP bar update... I ended up using a Mythril because I was tired to mess around and I won't have to bring Sabin and Edgar in the exp daily tomorrow.

I love them both a lot in FFVI but in this game they are a bit average without their 5* and their lackluster ability set. I can't imagine many occasions where I would want them in my party. Will eventually get them to 50 for RM I guess. Now to Blue Dragon!

Edit: Blue Dragon Mastered, I never want to see that thing again! I went with Advantaliate but thinking back it might have been easier with SG as my RW and packing a ton of lightning.

Road

Giant of Babil boss rush was waaaay easier than expected, except for when I found out Barbaricia has a counter Maelstrom that removes 99% of everyone's hp -- why would you put that in this type of game if not as a "lol we fucked you, you can s/l now". Decided to "innovate" and went with PCecil as RW to get rid of Scarmiglione ugly ass ASAP.

CPU was easy too, but I would have probably finished it in half the time if I just had gone with Advance Retaliate instead of spellblades and Celes, why did I bring Celes to a fight?!!! It was early in the morning, I was probably half asleep. Bard > Celes. Special mention to how annoying it is to target Attack Node.

Check out my high level FFIV equips (boss rush and cpu):

bW1Bf3gCfm1JgaXG9ahoLviHByU8M4CpgJuC5S4l5U3A=w400-h863-no
JnOy9Euzig4QeDFNCDJvLGgHndGbQyk9Zecomm7KUac3=w400-h863-no

Only Demon Wall and Spherimorph/Crawler left. I'm scared of the latter. And still haven't done Ultima and Blue Dragon from the event. Decided to level up Sabin and Edgar tomorrow then try.

Ashodin

Ultima Weapon mastered, fuck that was fun! He died right as my second Advance was going to wear off.

Boss Rush tomorrow for sure!

Balphon

Only Demon Wall and Spherimorph/Crawler left. I'm scared of the latter. And still haven't done Ultima and Blue Dragon from the event. Decided to level up Sabin and Edgar tomorrow then try.

I don't really know how Spherimorph's AI works, but both times I fought it I was having Tidus trigger elemental shift every time his ATB came up and it never used press. If I didn't just get lucky, it may be that it has to get a certain number of turns without shifting to use that attack.

In any event, the hardest part of the dungeon is getting mitigation off against Crawler before it shoots you. 10~ Thundara/Thunder strikes from Squall and Cloud were enough to down it on elite. I didn't even bother killing Negator.

Red Mage

Killed the blue dragon. I had Quistis with magic breakdown and thundaga, Sabin with mental and armor break, Squall with Thunder and Thundara blade, Edgar with Venom Strike, Double Cut, and Bio Blaster, and Tuna with Haste and Curaga. Not too hard.

Killed the blue dragon. I had Quistis with magic breakdown and thundaga, Sabin with mental and armor break, Squall with Thunder and Thundara blade, Edgar with Venom Strike, Double Cut, and Bio Blaster, and Tuna with Haste and Curaga. Not too hard.
Tuna is pretty clutch.

Negator

I cheesed the boss rush by having my caster dump all her magic spells and level up right before the last boss to get them all back.

Blue Dragon ++ is pretty easy considering we all got free Zantetsuken.

Thunder Strike/Thundara Strike w/ Soldier Strike
Magic Break/Venom Buster
Armor Break/Power Break
Thundara/Thundaga w/ Attunement II
Kirin/Curaga

Feat. Sentinel Grimoire

Dragon died before I even got to Thunder Strike/Thundara

Power Break is pretty much filler, the damage it mitigates is essentially nothing.

Balphon

Tuna is pretty clutch.

I understand why it was changed in localization, but I've always thought Tina was a better name than Terra for her.

For the moment, she along with Lenna, Arc, and Vanille form my team of mages who are measurably better than anyone I've got subsequently but are hamstrung for lack of a memory crystal.

Nohar

Exp day is best day. Time to bring Sabin and Edgar to 50, then kill Ultima Weapon, then the boss rush, then the EX++. But until tomorrow, exp day all the way.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, seriously. I consider XP day more mandatory for 30 hours of stam (24 + prior stam bar) dumped into it per week than Black/Power day.

Like, if you're bitching about content being too hard and your guys aren't capped at 65 when attempting, you're doing it wrong*.

Not necessarily that complaining is wrong, but do complain about the right thing - that XP grinding is rather mundane.

*(I'm aware how impossible it is to have a full crew of 65s right now. I'm making a point though - if you aren't capped at maximum power level available, in terms of levels and hones, you shouldn't be complaining that content that's meant to be the absolute hardest is 'too hard'. And yes, I'm also fully aware and in agreement that the gacha can very unfairly skew results in any case)

MicH

I might blow a few mythril on exp today. I really want Edgar, Sabin, Josef and Tyro to get to 50. All are 42 and up do it shouldn't be too hard and then I'll work on Summoner (level 38 currently)

^^I was thinking of doing the same. I'll know by the end of the day if I need to. I just want to get caught up on using these memory crystals and getting that delicious materia.

I might blow a few mythril on exp today. I really want Edgar, Sabin, Josef and Tyro to get to 50. All are 42 and up do it shouldn't be too hard and then I'll work on Summoner (level 38 currently)
I do this as well might as well, except for Aerith, Tifa and Riona, so they'll be ready for upcoming events.

I might put one of my 60+ bros in the group so I can get the eggs too, hmm.

Brandson

SG would have helped a lot for dragon but it kept not coming up for me. Has everyone switched their RW to something else? Went with Rinoa RW instead which did 24k total damage but dragon's aoe attacks were vicious. I previously wiped with an Edgar team so tried this time with Sephiroth with owa, Terra (as a healer with minotaur plate), Wakka with ball, Garnet with storm staff, and Vivi. It was much easier but still tough at times. Using shellga before the last random mob helped avoid everyone getting dinged for 1500 at the start. Ultimately had to use it 4 times despite every attack from Garnet and Vivi doing 9999. Even with magic breakdown and shellga, two people with curaga seemed necessary. Not sure how other people are doing this with less defense and healing.

Falk

that puzzling face

In any event, the hardest part of the dungeon is getting mitigation off against Crawler before it shoots you. 10~ Thundara/Thunder strikes from Squall and Cloud were enough to down it on elite. I didn't even bother killing Negator.

I didn't kill Negator either. Red XIII RW stronk.

(Also 6x Power Breakdown helps)

SunGod

Advane + Retaliate + Boost + Armor Break/down is destroying absolutely everything at the moment. I was hitting Blue Dragon in the ++ dungeon for 8600 per attack, 17200 per turn with Double Cut.

I have a Zanteksuken++ so obviously I'm overpowered when it comes to FF6 dungeons, but I was doing similar damage to Edea too (I guess she had less def)

Finally getting Kimahri, Ninja, Sabin and Edgar some level ups today. Should get the brothers to Lv50, not sure about the other two though...

Finally getting Kimahri, Ninja, Sabin and Edgar some level ups today. Should get the brothers to Lv50, not sure about the other two though...

Im working kimahri and ricard today, ricard at 36 and Kim at 10, so a ways to go, they are my only named characters below 50. Would like to lift my mages to a floor of 55, I am way too dependent on garnet and Vivi, but they are capped and wasting exp. my ninja and gladiator are at 1, I think I'll level them next Sunday, if we are just getting the tifa reissue. I guess we might get a dungeon update this week as well with another two characters.

Falk

that puzzling face
Welllll there's FFII dungeons coming up so I'd suggest trying to cap (or work towards) the II characters.

Not in the "need these guys for elite" way since at 50, the 65 characters are still better, but in the "if they're like lv40 at least I can chuck them in the Classics and get more XP because OCD min max" way.

Welllll there's FFII dungeons coming up so I'd suggest trying to cap (or work towards) the II characters.

Not in the "need these guys for elite" way since at 50, the 65 characters are still better, but in the "if they're like lv40 at least I can chuck them in the Classics and get more XP because OCD min max" way.

Good point. Get ricard to 40 and stop. Getting ii, v, ix in the update, Maria and Steiner. WoL crystal and Gordon crystal. Been waiting for Gordon to get more action.....eh

Always forget about this spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kFQQjCXOOroPKOT6HSWgFVOw4AAg01rAOcP4jsYk7hg/htmlview#

Vorpal

Using the EXP daily to bring Cloud (63), Garnet (59), and Vivi (57) up to 65 so they can join Wakka and Tidus as my all-purpose level capped party.

Edgar (56) and Sabin (51) are along for the ride

Nohar

Using the EXP daily to bring Cloud (63), Garnet (59), and Vivi (57) up to 65 so they can join Wakka and Tidus as my all-purpose level capped party.

Edgar (56) and Sabin (51) are along for the ride

My Cloud, Vivi, Tyro, Squall and Tidus are already 65 here. Wakka, Irvine, Fran and Balthier are on the bench until I actually get a decent ranged weapon for them. Sephi is 62 (don't have any synergy weapon he can use, but I have a natural 5* FFXII Dagger, and quite a few fake 5* daggers, making him actually useful thanks to his high ATK), PCecil is 64 (bulky), and my Yuna is slowly but surely reaching level 60. The Figaro brothers should hit level 50 by tomorrow (Sabin will need a few eggs though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom